Steven Brown Art Reviews

46% of reviewers recommend Steven Brown Art

How would you rate Steven Brown Art ?

(optional)

46 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Willie

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Steven Brown Art in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"I can only assume that it is his aggressive marketing strategy and to a lesser degree Scottish patriotism that is driving his sales and not the artwork itself. I know art is subjective but to my eyes these look like paintings done by a year 9 student, a cascade of jarring colours and amateur brush strokes set against tacky gradients. It saddens me that these laughable paintings are selling so well when there are so many truly talented artists out there struggling. I know I sound resentful but I am just sick to death of his smug face repeatedly popping up in my social media feeds alongside his abysmal artwork, he must be spending a small fortune on targeted ads."
"Easy to order, quick to arrive, very competitively priced, bought canvases, prints, cushions, key holders,worktop savers and still looking for more lol"
"service. I ordered 5 items and all were great quality and lovely designs/colours. Unfortunately I had misjudged the colour of the massive canvas, and it didn't suit my room. I asked for a straight exchange but they refused as I was a) just outside the refund period (I had been away) and b) they only do exchanges on damaged items. I emailed back to ask if they would relax their policy as an exchange wouldn't cost them anything with me paying postage. No reply. I emailed again. No reply. Tried once more. No reply. Given that they answered my first email promptly, they are obviously ignoring me. We've got your money, now get lost. It's such a shame when a company treats customers like that. I bought the items on sale, but it was still a lot of money for me. The refusal to answer is more aggravating than the refusal to exchange; they can't even be bothered to explain. I've worked in retail for over 30 years, and I've always tried to help my customers as much as possible. Doing an exchange in this case would not have left the company out of pocket and would have left them with a very happy customer. Instead here I am leaving a negative review and warning prospective online buyers - don't buy from this company. Also, look at the percentage of poor reviews on here."
"Very impressed by the service. Easy to work website, fast delivery, helpful staff on the end of the phone and high quality products! Couldn't praise the company enough. Will definitely purchase again."
"I'm not sure where to start. This chap, Steve Brown is a con man, in terms of business acumen and with very limited scruples or good will. Certainly abominable customer service. I would buy from him ONLY with caution, especially if you are buying on line and not having actually seen the art you are buying first. It will be very difficult for you to return if you aren't so sure about your purchase after you have received it. What a shame I have such a bitter taste in my mouth, and a shame too, that I now have a picture (a gift) that I don't love, but am forced to retain. No wonder that Steve Brown has a rating of almost 42 % 1 star dissatisfaction. Completely unbelievable."
"Bought a few canvases and cushions from Steven Brown and they have been fantastic quality and arrived within the delivery time stated. I had an issue with my address and contacted the customer services who corrected this for me very quickly with no problem at all. Five star service!!"
"Bought a print for my wife's birthday. She did not like it and I therefore wanted to return it within their 28day returns period. However because I was unable to advise them that I wished to return it within 10 days of its receipt, they would not allow a refund. There are not many companies surviving these days with such a poor level of Customer Service. I would not recommend this company to anyone."
"I visited the most colourful shop I have ever been to. The staff were so helpful and even offered to carry my purchases to my car. What a service."
James ANDERSON
Unverified Reviewer
"Wish there was a zero star option,terrible customer service. I ordered a canvas ,10 days later I received a shipping notification email,only when I clicked on the link there was no tracking number,after contacting customer support,I was told that they could not ship to my country and I could either supply UK address or have a refund. This is despite the website clearly stating that they shipped all sizes to my country. I asked 4 times for a refund or an update on my refund without reply. I opened a case with Paypal and they refunded within 2 hours. It took 1o days to receive a shipping notification and another 2 for them to tell me they couldn't ship it,the canvas was for a present so I am extremely disappointed in the way this company handled my transaction."
"Excellent shop everything you can think of ,great friendly staff make you feel welcome"
James Grover
Verified Reviewer
"I ordered two large prints, waited the 10 or so days, still no prints, tracking number did not work, so contacted customer services, they then informed me my package was delivered the day previous, it had been left at my back door, as I was not in, considering I was in all day, and I live in a flat, on the 1st floor, with no back door, I SERIOUSLY have my doubts about their honesty, it seems this is a scam to steal our monies, and brings Steve Brown art into question. So DISAPOINTED"
"Went to the shop today and canvasses I had previously ordered which had not been delivered (delivery at Christmas time was bad) were in stock at half price - the products on display are stunning, if you can, visit the shop it is amazing. I will be going back in the next few months to add to my collection :)"
Maria Spindley
Verified Reviewer
"I received my Billy Mc Coo canvas today. Very please with it. Straight up on the wall. Looking good. Well packaged for posting. Thank you."
Disappointed
Verified Reviewer
"Ordered a purse.... nothing arrived, emailed there customer service dept, no answer, chased again, actually answered saying it was in post, chased again this time reply came back stating they were waiting for stock to come in !!! Hang on you said it had been posted...... was assured it would be with me within week.... 6 weeks after ordered got my money back"
"Ordered a Lewis McZoo print on the 28th of December and as of yet haven't received anything. I have phoned the store in Ayr a couple of times, the first time I was told that along with myself they couldn't track my package that the tracking information must be wrong but was assured it had been shipped. The second time I was informed that the shipping side of the company/store was on holiday over the festive season, but being someone who has work in the retail business to have a major part of the company off over this period where you would expect them to have at least a skeleton crew working on orders so there wouldn't be a backlog of orders/returns. That was on the 4th of January and surely a shipment coming from Ayr to Glasgow shouldn't take more than 2-3 days but my advice is if you want to get something from Steven Brown Art is to go to the shop in person because their shipping department is terrible."
"Ordered a gift on the 5th December (money taken from bank account immediately) to arrive by the 16th December to give to a friend. Not received by the 15th and only despatched on the 14th December 2017 - the day I chased my order, coincidence?. Delivery cost £3.99. Have been told the website states 7-10 working days for delivery, I think they should re-phrase this to 7-10 working days for despatch. Their website is currently offering order by Saturday 16th of December for delivery in time for Christmas, I really wouldn't rely on this. I am so disappointed and feel very let down."
"I ordered my product 2 weeks ago and as of yet it still hasn't been shipped to me. terrible customer service"
"We ordered a large canvass, over excited about the black Friday pricing. When it arrived I was immediately disappointed, the print was of poor quality, blurred and fuzzy looking and only looked nice from a long distance away. We're going to return the item as, as much as we love the McCoo's its not worth the price paid for a print copy, even at discount."
Lindsey
"Lovely artwork abd fast delivery. Items really well packed and protected."
"I have ordered numerous products prints, hamper, calendars, purse. Very happy with quality and very well packed and quick to deliver. Will be ordering many more items."
Steven Brown Art is rated 2.98 based on 46 reviews