Toby Carvery Reviews

of reviewers recommend Toby Carvery

Tell us how Toby Carvery made you happy
christmas meal sponsored by scrouge (cram em in never mind covid). Went to toby restraunt in thanet. Got a table so small there was no room for decorations especially not a xmas cracker. We were put at a table next to a hole in the wall right next to another table with no screen inbetween (much closer than the 1m required by covid regs). We joined the queue for the carvery where we were some of the few people wearing a mask. At the counter there were no paper napkins available and no maccaroni cheese (due to the lack of cheese sauce) but the mushy califlower cheese was still available. Apparently the green mushy balls were brussel sprouts but you could not tell from the teste. Needless to say we were disappointed with the meal. It seams to me that in order to cram in as many people as possible a lot of corners have been cut. This is disappointing as previously this had been a good toby to eat at.
The plates and forks were dirty. The the bathroom were unhygienic and cracks in the walls the eggs were hard. I will not be coming back. 😒
Shocking it’s been 12 days and still no refund after I was told 10 days. No respect to replying to emails and staff very rude slamming the phone down when I asked once for the refund the first time round it’s now been 3 times I’ve asked for a refund and no refund. Was out with family and a child present the staff made my family feel very uncomfortable and as we didn’t want to be there asked for a refund. Very unprofessional pub appalling.
Chewy, fatty roast beef and cold Yorkshire puddings and shriveled up roast potatoes. Cold veg. My wife and Mum went down with stomach upset and sickness. Save your money and Cook at home.
Roast potatoes were burny. Left out so longthey had wrinkled. Veg also in need of replacing with fresh choices. I had to ask for fresh potatoes. No Yorkshire puddings were available.
My sister Alana made a reservation two weeks ago for myself, herself, my 3 year old toddler, and my 80year old disabled grandmother, on crutches to dine at your facility at 4pm on August 1st. We were visiting from Ireland and it is/was my grandmothers favourite place to visit. As we were on holiday from Ireland we had no car, as my grandmother is disabled and I had a toddler in a pram, we ordered a taxi from were we were staying in Victoria Park Hackney to your restaurant which cost 22 pounds Sterling one way. As we got to the door after the taxi left there was a small a4 piece of paper stating it was closed due to staff shortage, with no attempt to contact us to let us know this before embarking and paying for such a journey. We then had to wait 30mins in the cold for another taxi and pay an additional 22pounds Sterling to get home. Not only did you send no email to let us know in advance and there was no phone calls or texts but bizarrely you were actually texting/emailing us almost daily up until 30mins before our scheduled booking saying you were excited to see us and/or confirm we were still coming, and/or make sure we registered a car reg. If you check your cctv you’ll see myself and toddler along with my 80year old disabled grandmother on crutches and sister arrive at 3.55pm by taxi and wait in the cold for another taxi to have to come pick us up. You’ll also see a minimum of 15-20 dinners also all with bookings whom also were not informed however luckily for them they were not made out of pocket by almost 50pounds by your unprofessionalism and neglect. Whilst waiting on the taxi back in disbelief myself and other guests who’d booked checked all your social media platforms and website and nothing had been posted about your closing either! Please contact my email for copies of the taxi receipts which you are liable for. Take note for future reference if you intend on closing one of your establishments make sure to notify the people who go there spending their money with their families making plans before wasting their time, money and unnecessarily ruining their plans!
Poor customer service and bad food, microwave dinners have more appeal. Will NOT be going to Toby's again, I advise everyone to spend a bit more by going somewhere else. If you do decide to go with the kids make sure you ask for a childs plate because they dont offer one even when they clearly see a child with you and there are no signs to state you need a childs plate to avoid an adult meal charge!
Hi We visited Toby Carvery Hinton yesterday. We had to wait over 10mins before anyone attended the front desk. Once seated over 12mins wait. The food was not up to Toby normal high standards with the Yorkshire pudding been very chewy and tasteless. All the staff seemed to be in a bad mood. It was more of a pleasure leaving than going there.
Attended with family, food was lukewarm and meat fatty. Toilet facilities very poor, one out of action ,two had wet floors and grubby sinks, accessible toilet dirty, sink grubby, hand dryer not working and emergency pull tied up out the way! Spoke to staff member, but he didn't seemed too concerned, " I will have a look later"... Disappointing as its hard to find an accessible place to eat where there's room to manoeuvre and toby has usually fitted the bill...
So I booked a table for two for Sunday lunch and arrived to find a 20 deep queue waiting to be booked in. There was chaos with no one filtering out the booked from non booked. But that did not matter because even if you go to your table you would then have to wait an hour for the food. I complained to Toby and their response was sorry but staff had gone off sick etc etc. No real acknowledgement that the service was disgraceful and as they have a contact number when booking they could always advise us it was not possible to serve lunch. People were walking out quite disgusted. So we left without a table or food and what an disgraceful way for such a large company to respond. No incentive to visit another Toby
Toby Carvery in Speke , is no better than going to a drive in. Poor sloppy service. Meats dried , over cooked . Vegetables undercooked. Cramped cubicle seating . Wrote to customer services. , the response was a could not care less attitude. Would never recommend.
The service was extremely poor and food was lukewarm and looked as if it had been sitting all day. When we emailed to complain the response was pitiful.
The cross contamination of tongs from meat to non meat items by a customer and then despite the chef on duty being told he put tongs in potatoes that he had been using for meat products. Double contamination. Yummy...not. Despite the manager being informed no apologies were forth coming and having written in to the company exactly the same. Not impressed. Regular customer? Not anymore!
Toby Carvery is rated 2.90 based on 29 reviews