Van Meuwen Reviews

Van Meuwen have a Customer Happiness Grade of E. Customers are unhappy with their prices, delivery, customer service and refunds. Full Insights

14% of reviewers recommend Van Meuwen
00AM
12AM

Van Meuwen Customer Servicesc/o Customer Handling AgentAdmail ADM3952Spalding

How would you rate Van Meuwen ?

"ordered 5 xPrimula Vialii plants, first lot died, complained, second lot struggled, third lot didn't look good, inspected plant, no root formation at all, tried watering, re-potting, nurturing, all seem dead, don't want any more thanks!"
"2bare root roses ordered both dead is there any point asking for refund"
"I ordered begonia fireball tubers back in February as it is important that my window boxes follow a colour scheme so I was more than mortified when the first flower opened and it is WHITE. There is no excuse for this mixup and I'm not surprised that 81.48% give only 1 star rating. This is not the first time they have let me down BUT IT WILL BE THE LAST !! If you want quality plants and service buy from Brookfield Nursery 5 star"
"Plants were all but dead when they arrived, only one out of 9 plants looks like it may survive, l have sent an email to customer service, but no reply yet!! Will never use this company again."
"I'm not liking the reviews I'm reading. I'm definitely not ordering from them!!!"
"Ordered plants with my grandparents but all arrived dead, with all the bulbs being blind. Did have money back after 3 months of constant emails. AVOID THEM !!"
"9 months after i placed a small order from van meuwen , not only was my order apx 3 weeks late. But 9 months later I'm still getting junk mail from them. I have asked them so many times to stop but they ignore me. It took 6 months to stop them emailing me almost daily with junk offers, I would unsubscribe and email them to ask please stop.. But again they would ignore me. I would advise everyone not to buy from them online as they will have all your deatails and you will be harassed. Mia."
"ordering from their website was very easy and their prices were good"
"Sold out of stock product. Waited weeks of emails and phone calls before finally getting refund. AVOID"
"i ordered a white agapanthus the first and second arrived damaged because whoever packaged it just bent the flower in half instead of putting it in a bigger box asked for a refund in the end won`t be ordering again"
"I placed an order for two Salvia plants on the 11th March 2016. Shortly afterwards I received a letter explaining that there was a problem with stock levels and that there would be a delay in filling the order. Within a week, my order was delivered but as frosts were still being experienced, they were not planted until the end of April. These particular plants were not what I would call 'healthy' and in fact they never showed any signs of growing, never mind flowering. I contacted the company in July to register my disappointment and request any assistance that could be offered. The response was that I would be delivered of two new plants, which arrived in early August. These were much stronger plants and are now settled in my garden. I asked what the charge would be for the new plants and if the old ones should be returned and was assured that there would be no charge at all and there would be no requirement to return the originals This is so different from my experiences with other company's of this nature and Van Meuwen are to be congratulated on offering a very fine service to their customers. Thank you"
"LEAFLET: They say OUR 5 STAR GUARNANTEE !!!! That is JOKE Don't buy from them and waste your time, look for a Nursery that offers 30 day back money offer..... I am lucky you can pick up a plant from the Bull Ring Centre outdoor market for £1 or the most you will pay is £3. Try Aldi or Lidl you will be amazed at the plants on offer. A Francis"
"Ordered in March and heard nothing until June saying delivery end of June thought this was good as I was going on holiday. came back on 14th and a leaflet was in post? Went online and it said order completed! no sign of plants or delivery. Have tried three times to contact customer care and have received no contact whatsoever. Do not use this company. If I had gone onto this site before I would not have used them."
"Beware of the phone premium rates charged to ask advice what a rip off"
"Just received a buddleja I ordered months ago 1st problem was with couriers they use Hermes have no contact details at all for you to arrange a missed delivery pickup hence it took 5 days for me to receive the item which was being transported upside down! So one malformed dehydrated yellowish plant was unpacked whether it survives in the long term who knows. Emailed Van Meuwan with my concerns part from the automated email response no reply whatsoever so safe to say I won't be using them again."
"Bought two standard Magnolias back in February planted as per instructions one is ok but other is dead no signs of life I accept this can happen so I E Mailed three times not even. bothered to reply I think this is very bad service from. a established company and would not use them again"
"The WORST plants I have ever received in 15 years of proffesional gardening. How they are continuing to trade in this manner is beyond me. First order, poorly packaged and therefore 60% of stems snapped and the rest bent and in poor condition. Second order, yellow dried out cleomes thin and stunted growth, very poor quality growing. 24 pack rudbeckia had 3 plants with leaves on and the rest had been dead weeks BEFORE they had been sent out. Third order, Not a chance!!! I feel incredibly annoyed that they sent such poor plants and wasted my time on the phone to customer services on hold(25 mins) whilst their automated voice was bragging about their "proffesional hints and tips" that I could get from them on the website. Thanks, but I think I'd rather get advice from my 2 year old."
"I have found Van Meuwen very responsive in dealing with complaints. Like most things it's down to proper communication at both ends. If I'm not happy with a batch of plants they send me them again and they are almost always in better condition."
"I ordered 5 very rare and expensive begonias this year as a treat. I planted them and it turns out that they are the very common cheap ones that you can buy in most shops/ supermarkets. I e-mailed them and to date have never received a reply. I will never buy from them again and would advise everyone else to avoid them too."
"I am afraid I have never been so disappointed as when I saw the state of my tiny dried out gladioli bulbs only to be followed by some tiny plugs Brompton stocks. The worst arrived today more Brompton stocks plugs half were yellow the other half dead or nearly dead. They were dispatched on the 21/4/16 and arrived on the 26/4/16 I have to say I am absolutely disgusted with the quality of your plants and will certainly not be recommending you to anyone. I am sitting waiting for you to answered your phone to customer services.. You say you are very busy I suspect answering calls from other dissatisfied customers. It has NOW BEEN OVER 30 MINUTES."
Van Meuwen is rated 1.57 based on 111 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!