Van Meuwen Insights

Van Meuwen have a Customer Happiness Grade of E. Customers are unhappy with their prices, delivery, customer service and refunds.

E

D

Price - Average

50.00%
Industry Average
" Stupidly price I paid for it was more than I would have paid for it had I purchased a significant sized, flowering plant at our local nursery. "
- Helen Turner
Write your review on Van Meuwen
D

Delivery - Average

50.00%
Industry Average
" Ordered in March and heard nothing until June saying delivery end of June thought this was good as I was going on holiday. came back on 14th and a leaflet was in post? Went online and it said order completed! no sign of plants or delivery. Have tried three times to contact customer care and have received no contact whatsoever. Do not use this company. If I had gone onto this site before I would not have used them. "
- Marion
" Just received a buddleja I ordered months ago 1st problem was with couriers they use Hermes have no contact details at all for you to arrange a missed delivery pickup hence it took 5 days for me to receive the item which was being transported upside down! So one malformed dehydrated yellowish plant was unpacked whether it survives in the long term who knows. "
- Bryan Roberts
" Appalling service! I ordered a Standard Magnolia (as advertised in the Mail on Sunday) it clearly stated that delivery would be any time throughout May/June. My cheque was cashed on the 26th May, I chased the delivery up at the end of June to be told it would be delivered in FEBRUARY 2016!! They seemed very surprised when I asked for my money back (I am still waiting) "
- Lynne Kiff
F

Refunds - Difficult

28.57%
Industry Average
" 2bare root roses ordered both dead is there any point asking for refund "
- Anonymous
" Sold out of stock product. Waited weeks of emails and phone calls before finally getting refund. AVOID "
- D.Wilson
" i ordered a white agapanthus the first and second arrived damaged because whoever packaged it just bent the flower in half instead of putting it in a bigger box asked for a refund in the end won`t be ordering again "
- Tracey
41.86%
Industry Average
" I ordered begonia fireball tubers back in February as it is important that my window boxes follow a colour scheme so I was more than mortified when the first flower opened and it is WHITE. There is no excuse for this mixup and I'm not surprised that 81.48% give only 1 star rating. This is not the first time they have let me down BUT IT WILL BE THE LAST !! If you want quality plants and service buy from Brookfield Nursery 5 star "
- Shirley Jeary
" Plants were all but dead when they arrived, only one out of 9 plants looks like it may survive, l have sent an email to customer service, but no reply yet!! Will never use this company again. "
- Anonymous
" Bought two standard Magnolias back in February planted as per instructions one is ok but other is dead no signs of life I accept this can happen so I E Mailed three times not even. bothered to reply I think this is very bad service from. a established company and would not use them again "
- Derek Humphrey