Viator Reviews

69% of reviewers recommend Viator

About Viator: Our team of travel insiders is obsessed with finding the best things to do everywhere we travel. From Paris to Phuket to Perth, from traditional tours to once-in-a-lifetime experiences, we have something for every kind of traveler. And we are proud to say that after 17 experience-packed years, we are the world leader.

When planning your trip, why start anywhere else?

888-651-9785

support@viator.com

360 3rd St #400

How would you rate Viator ?

(optional)

Lmfsport
"I've taken around 3 trips with Viator and everyone has been amazing!! We snorkeled with WHALE SHARKS off of Cancun this year and that was fantastic !!! We just came home recently from a cruise and booked an excursion while in Belize City. That was also a snorkel trip to Goff's Caye and our trip was unbelievable and our crew was fantastic !! It was my son's first time snorkeling and he's not the best swimmer. So even though he's an adult, he was a bit nervous. When I told ROBERTO that it was my son's first time snorkeling, ROBERTO jumped right in & took over. He took care of my son the entire time, from getting him off the boat & into the water to snorkeling around the island and showing him things underwater. FANTASTIC !!! We also love to snorkel in Nassau and I booked a snorkel trip with our favorite place (and to me, the BEST in Nassau) and then I booked a snorkel trip with Viator. It turned out that it was the same exact snorkel trip with the same company!!! That tells me a lot !!!! That means that they look for the BEST possible trip and company to use to offer their trips. I'm totally sold on VIATOR !!!"
MARIA C
"Great experience in all of our tours in China. Our three guides were exceptional. I will definitely book through Viator again."
"I had enjoyed All the Tours I made with Viator. However there was a bit of Hitch last year due to Bad Weather here in Australia and mistakes by my Travel Consultant in making my plane land at Mandalay instead of Yangon. However in retrospect it was enjoyable specially The Swedagon experience which I had seen twice...morning and later on twilight time! I definitely r commend Viator for Tour Reservations etc."
"Bought tickets to Burj Kalief ( tallest building in Dubai) Printed all information and tickets sent by Viator and they where not accepted at the Burj ticket booth. Please beware of Viator as they are a scam website."
"Me and my wife booked a tour on Viator to visit Chichen Itza for a day trip including free all you can eat buffet and a Cenote (like a underground small lake) visit. The price of the tour was very affordable that we paid in advance online. They pick up us on time early in the morning and transfer us to a big bus, once on route Mr. Rodrigo (travel guide) keep us informed all the time and Mr. Antonio (bus driver) was very professional. At the buffet you need to buy your drinks because they are no included. Drinks are no too expensive but be adware if you pay with credit or debit card (the Chilam Balam restaurant overcharged us for a frozen margarita and a regular soda over US$25.00) (we only saw this after we get back home in NY). We like to thanks Amigo Tours, Mr. Antonio and Mr. Rodrigo."
"Bought a package to Machu Picchu through Viator. Great trip. However, we were put into a Spanish speaking tour, with only a promise that soon we would meet an English guide, but not to happen on this trip. However, the people in the tour company were still very nice, and although we missed all of the history and explanation of the area in English, we did enjoy the visit to Machu Picchu. I figured Viator would take care of me after the trip, so I did not get too excited. Although I was a bit disappointed. Disappointed turned into real frustration in working with Viator after, as they take no responsibility for anything!! The cost of the trip for 4 of us through Viator was about 2-3 times what we would have paid if purchased in the country for the same trip and accomodations. Recommendation is to coordinate your trip with local travel agents, much cheaper, and no added benefits or assurances with Viator! They have dealt with me via email only. I have requested on several occasions for a customer services rep. or manager to give me a call to discuss. But they either don't exist, or they do not work that way. They did remind me in one email that all sales are final. Something I will remember before I push the buy button,"
"DO NOT USE!!! BEWARE!!! They are ressellers taking 30% from the real tour operators. One of the worst booking platform. They connect suppliers from all around the world, take the money from the clients and do not assist in no way. Buyers cannot contact Viator assistance center / no phone no email. Suppliers cannot update bookings. Eventually they keep the money of clients and pay to supplier 45 days after the tour. SCAM. Why they keep the money? why they do not provide a supplier contact details in advance. People just book because they even don't understand that the Viator is 3th party re-seller. We as a supplier and as a buyer recommend you to find tour operators in country you planing you visit and book directly with real tour operator. They rate tour operators having 1 star ( worst ) rating in the world. SCAMMERS, MONEY LAUNDRY, DO NOT USE BEWARE"
"Didn’t deliver and horrible cust9mer service"
"We booked a full day CULTURAL tour of Hutong in Beijing on April 7. It said there would be learning of Tai chi, Chinese calligraphy, paper cutting, opera mask painting tour of hutong and lunch at a local family. Except for a hour of Tai chi by a master, everything else was done in less than 2 hours in a room without anyone showing us what to do but we were just given the materials to do it on our own! There was no mask painting but we were given already painted mask to take home! Lunch was nothing special. We paid $188 Canadian per person for this kind of mediocre tour. Viator your selection and oversight is terrible and irresponsible! I write to them for complaints but I never heard back. I will never use this company."
"Whilst in Ciro for our first time, we went to see the pyramids and lucky enough we found @fatmashaffey as our tour guid. She was amazing. From the moment we met her we knew that this was an experience we were never going to forget. Her knowledge about the history of the pyramids and ancient Egypt was as if she had lived it. Also her photography skills were brilliant. She knew all the secret spots to get the perfect picture where there were no people. These are memory’s that I will never forget and will be with me forever. Thank you Fatma for the experience of a life time❤❤❤❤🦋"
"Offering “PRIVATE” tour when it actually is a normal tour. When i saw title, i even called the hotline from overseas before making booking and they “confirm” is it a “private” tour. WHen I made the booking, I got an email asking me to cancel it because they made a mistake. And not offering any solution even when i keep asking for any other option. IRRESPONSIBLE COMPANY! Just judge yourself how bad this company is by looking at the most recent reviews, nothing more than 1 star. JUST AWEFUL!"
"Disgusted I am disgusted with this company. We book months in advance only to be told 2 DAYS before the booking that we have been thrown off for someone else, My advice, AVOID at ALL COSTS"
"professional scammers"
"The date I booked was not even within my travel range. When I got a confirmation text I IMMEDIATELY tried to fix it, both through Viator (which required me to call them 3 TIMES to get a resolution) and through the tour company, but I was required to pay the full price of the tour."
"We booked a tour of the Royal Palace of Madrid for March 30 at 11:30 a.m. The supplier for this tour was Pancho Tours. We arrived at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour was supposed to start. Since no tour guide showed up at 11:30 a.m., we called the phone number for Pancho Tours that was listed in the voucher. The lady who answered the phone apologized, saying that they tried to contact us to change the time of the tour for earlier that day. She tried to reschedule for another day but we could not accommodate in our schedule. I specifically asked whether we would be refunded since they changed the time of the tour and she guaranteed that we would get a refund. I contacted Viator 9 or 10 business days later since I didn't see a refund. After contacting Pancho Tours, Viator informed they would not refund us because Pancho Tour replied that the tour left at the regular 11:30 a.m. time that day. I am upset with Pancho Tours because that is a lie and I am contesting the charge with the credit card company since no service was provided to us and it was not our fault. I am upset with Viator for not doing a more thorough investigation and a better screen of their suppliers and, quite frankly, for not trusting their customers."
"Booked a trip in Punta Cana. Viator confirmed. Next day they cancelled but never refunded money. Had to spend an hour to get it back a month later. Seems like they hope it gets overlooked. Then they offered 10% discount on next booking. Like that would make up for their incompetence and my inconvenience."
"Great until you need an amendment. Requested cancellation 60 minutes after receiving booking confirmation but was denied a refund even though the tour is 3 weeks out. Two separate agents delivered the same canned response that contradicted the tour information itself. After speaking with a supervisor (Alex), she rudely cut me off as I spoke, grew frustrated at the customer, and refused to escalate further. She verified her agents never called the tour supplier. The point of using a travel agent is to leverage their existing relationships with vendors, not disrespect and dismiss customers. Not the experience I was expecting after having used Viator 10+ times in the past. Everything is great as long as you don't have a problem - as soon as you do, good luck garnering support. Not only have you lost a loyal customer, but I am extremely upset with how I was treated (as well as many others after reading similar reviews)"
"I've booked two tours in Brazil and few hours after that I received an email from Viator stating that both my tours were canceled because they suspected credit card fraud and also stated to check with my bank. I called their customer service for some kind of explanation but none was given even so they put a charge on my credit card. I called my bank and there was nothing wrong with my card as I suspected. They said I will get a refund in 5 to 7 days, but as I read the other comments I might have to open a dispute with my bank. Stay away from Viator - they can ruin your vacantion!"
"I just completed the Viator half day Versailles tour. The motor coach was filthy and filled with garbage in many seat fronts. This was the first tour of the day. I am in the meeting planning and incentive Trip business and could not believe what shape the coach was in. This was bus one today. It sets the tone. Why is it not normal procedure to clean the bus of garbage after each tour. I will think twice or more before I book again."
"We booked an excursion in Malaysia with Vijayan Krishnan yesterday. It was amazing. He was so knowledgeable and interesting. We finished our Batu Cave and our waterfall tour early and we showed interest in the palm trees we were passing. He brought us there and explained how they do everything. We also got to go see eagles get fed from a boat ride. It was an amazing day. I don’t think it would have been the same without him. He was amazing tour guide"
"I attempted to book a tour of Muir Woods for 4 people appx 1.5 days before the tour. There was a website error- error code 500. I ended up being charged 4 TIMES for this tour- a total of $1200. When I called to get it fixed I was given the run around. I spent hours on the phone, spoke to countless "supervisors" , 1 hung up on me- (no I was not rude at all). I received an email saying that they could not refund my money because their cancellation policy says that cancellations made 2 days before the event or less have a 100% cancellation fee. No matter how many times I explained that it was an error, that I can't possibly go on the same tour on the same day at the same time 4 times, they simply said that every company has cancellation policies and so I had to revise my vacation plans because they took $1200 out of my account. My bank has agreed to file a fraud complaint once the charges post. 5 days out they are still listed as pending and the funds are still unavailable. This ruined my vacation. Never ever again. Filing a BBB complaint and considering legal action. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE. This shoyld NOT be a Trip Advisor affiliate."
"STOLE my money I booked a trip with correct dates two months out, and they sent me a voucher for the wrong dates, which were the next day. When I told them of their mistake, they told me that I was unable to receive a refund because my trip was too soon and not part of their cancellation period. I called them five minutes after I booked and explained that they sent the wrong dates. They did nothing to help me and charged me the full amount for a trip even though they made a mistake on the booking. I think this was purposely done to take my money and use a cancellation policy as the excuse. I called customer service multiple times and they said they would handle the refund and send me a confirmation email. They did not and have not refunded my money."
"My parents and I joined a day tour with Amigos Tour via Viator.com for Chichen Itza and Cenote swim from Cancun. Not only were they on time and very professional, they were very friendly and knowledgeable. Rafael and Rodrigo Cat worked as a great team and we had a great time with them. I would definitely recommend this tour to anyone who may want to learn about Mayan history and be entertained by a great storyteller."
Viator is rated 3.72 based on 376 reviews