Viator Reviews

68% of reviewers recommend Viator

About Viator: Our team of travel insiders is obsessed with finding the best things to do everywhere we travel. From Paris to Phuket to Perth, from traditional tours to once-in-a-lifetime experiences, we have something for every kind of traveler. And we are proud to say that after 17 experience-packed years, we are the world leader.

When planning your trip, why start anywhere else?

888-651-9785

support@viator.com

360 3rd St #400

How would you rate Viator ?

Lmfsport
"I've taken around 3 trips with Viator and everyone has been amazing!! We snorkeled with WHALE SHARKS off of Cancun this year and that was fantastic !!! We just came home recently from a cruise and booked an excursion while in Belize City. That was also a snorkel trip to Goff's Caye and our trip was unbelievable and our crew was fantastic !! It was my son's first time snorkeling and he's not the best swimmer. So even though he's an adult, he was a bit nervous. When I told ROBERTO that it was my son's first time snorkeling, ROBERTO jumped right in & took over. He took care of my son the entire time, from getting him off the boat & into the water to snorkeling around the island and showing him things underwater. FANTASTIC !!! We also love to snorkel in Nassau and I booked a snorkel trip with our favorite place (and to me, the BEST in Nassau) and then I booked a snorkel trip with Viator. It turned out that it was the same exact snorkel trip with the same company!!! That tells me a lot !!!! That means that they look for the BEST possible trip and company to use to offer their trips. I'm totally sold on VIATOR !!!"
MARIA C
"Great experience in all of our tours in China. Our three guides were exceptional. I will definitely book through Viator again."
"I had enjoyed All the Tours I made with Viator. However there was a bit of Hitch last year due to Bad Weather here in Australia and mistakes by my Travel Consultant in making my plane land at Mandalay instead of Yangon. However in retrospect it was enjoyable specially The Swedagon experience which I had seen twice...morning and later on twilight time! I definitely r commend Viator for Tour Reservations etc."
"*********** Horrible customer service ******** I have used Viator for several tours and for the most part the tours were good and the tour companies have been professional. Buyers should beware- if you are buying with the impression that you will receive customer service if something goes wrong, Viator is not the company to use. On a recent trip to Rome, we bought the fast pass for the Vatican. The meeting instructions were poor and when we found it the tour company left and there was no one there to help us. We ended up buying a tour from another company. When returning to the states I tried to rate the experience but found the tour did not show on my bookings; I called Viator to get it added to my bookings and I got the run around. I tried for over a week to no avail and when I asked for a supervisor the customer service agent would not transfer me, place me on permanent hold until they disconnected or say they would call me back. I agent would not listen to my concern and just kept reading off a script."
"I have done several tours in various places around the world with no issues and recently had to change dates on 3 tours and eventually cancel and get a refund. The 2 customer service people who spoke to me on the phone went above and beyond the extra mile to help me even contacting individual tour providers for me while i was on hold. I would definately book with them again"
"We have used viator for several years in different locations and overall we enjoyed their services. But, on a recent trip to Europe we saw a different side and their poor customer service. We booked a one day tour of Paris and we were staying outside of Paris. We noticed signs on the metro that the day of our tour there was a one day social event work slowdown. On the morning of our tour we checked and the limited trains so could not get us to the meeting place in Paris in time. We made numerous calls to the tour agent without success and even called viatour and they told us they didn't know about a strike and it was our responsibility to get to Paris. We stopped in our hotel and an employee whelped us for an hour to finally contact the tour agent who told us basically you get here or lose your money. The hotel concierge realized it was the same company they use for tours and they had cancelled paris tours because of the transit issue. We ended up taking a tour with another company that was great and 3 weeks of fighting with viator and we ended up calling our credit card company to get us a refund. Horrible customer service. Later in the trip we arrived at the Rome port and had scheduled a transfer from viator to our hotel in Rome. When we booked the transfers, we could not schedule a time as we didn't have a disembark time. 2 days before arrival we tried calling the vendor but it went to a non working cell phone. Even the ships crew tried numerous times. Upon arrival, no car service. we waited an hour with multiple calls to the vendor and finally crew member go through on their cell phone and were told a car was there at 7 and waited and then left. They told the vendor that the ship was just getting in at 7 and they hung up on the crew member. We ended up hiring a taxi and 2 weeks later still fighting with viator."
Candicandichaney@gmail.com
Verified Reviewer
"Terrible company! Do not trust them! We paid for 6 snorkeling tours in Cozumel. They refused to take us because of lack of time and refused a refund! We were not the only group they ripped off!! If anyone can tell me more ways to post and get the word to people please let me know. People need to know and this company does not need to continue to rip people off!"
"Book the Budapest Parliament House tour for May 29, 2018. Advertised as small group which we were hoping would be around 20 people. We had 38 and you could hardly heard the guide and people were pushing to get up front so we could understand the guide. Very poor."
Carla
"I booked a tour because a representative gave me some information; it was wrong; after talking or trying to talk to Viator several times; reps were very polite; they didn't get it; they were from Phillapines and had no idea what I needed; never got an answer; had to change my airline dates and incur a change fee with them; all because Viator could not get me correct info; ever.\ I have used in past and fine them lacking in info for customer"
"I paid for three Viator tours while on a Mediterranean cruise in May. Only one went flawlessly (a cooking class in Mykonnes), and the other two had problems. Our voucher for a 3.5 hr. tour of Vatican City in a small group of 10, purchased 4 months in advance, became the nightmare of our 18 day trip. Viator obviously is the booking agency the connects travelers worldwide with local agencies who conduct the tours. Most of the local agencies are good (used them previously in Europe and Canada), but THINGS ONLY WORK IF VIATAR GIVES YOU THE CORRECT INFORMATION. We arrived at the Vatican steps at 2:00 for a 2:30 entrance and could not find the company stated on our voucher on any of the guide's flags or signs. During our frantic search 3 nice Vatican officials tried to assist us and agreed that no one from that company name was there. Ironically, an Ecoart tour guide noticed the Viator symbol on our voucher and said "yes, we use Viator but we are not the company you're looking for." At 2:45 I was almost in tears so we purchased tickets with another group, and we paid 56E each on the spot to join another group of about 20 people. It was a great tour with the non-Viatar group, but later it was not easy getting Viatar to admit their fault and they never apologized. I was livid when the second Viatar rep said that Ecoart said we never showed. I told her that we had spoken to them twice but that Ecoart was NOT the name of the local agency printed on our ticket so neither of us thought we should be in that group. Only after writing a long description of our nightmare in the sweltering heat, did they seem to believe I was there and gave us a refund with words to the effect that they were doing us a big favor- no apology, nor denial, for printing the wrong local name on our voucher. The previous day, we enjoyed a terrific 8 hr. Almalfi coast tour with Worldtours of Naples that we purchased through Viatar. The tour exceeded our expectations except that the tour description had said we would be part of a small group of 16, and we counted 30 on the bus. The same thing happened to us on a Viatar trip in Canada that promised group of 12 and it was 20. I don't know if local groups increase the number, or Viatar just buys that many spots from them, but either way the customer is not getting the smaller group experience they pay for. I will do my best to avoid Viatar bookings on future trips and suggests that others do the same."
Heather
"Viator have many tours available giving travellers a great choice to select from. They were very quick in confirming my tour for my daughter and I once I had paid. I will certaainly use Viator again and recommend them to friends."
"Bought tickets to Burj Kalief ( tallest building in Dubai) Printed all information and tickets sent by Viator and they where not accepted at the Burj ticket booth. Please beware of Viator as they are a scam website."
"Me and my wife booked a tour on Viator to visit Chichen Itza for a day trip including free all you can eat buffet and a Cenote (like a underground small lake) visit. The price of the tour was very affordable that we paid in advance online. They pick up us on time early in the morning and transfer us to a big bus, once on route Mr. Rodrigo (travel guide) keep us informed all the time and Mr. Antonio (bus driver) was very professional. At the buffet you need to buy your drinks because they are no included. Drinks are no too expensive but be adware if you pay with credit or debit card (the Chilam Balam restaurant overcharged us for a frozen margarita and a regular soda over US$25.00) (we only saw this after we get back home in NY). We like to thanks Amigo Tours, Mr. Antonio and Mr. Rodrigo."
"Bought a package to Machu Picchu through Viator. Great trip. However, we were put into a Spanish speaking tour, with only a promise that soon we would meet an English guide, but not to happen on this trip. However, the people in the tour company were still very nice, and although we missed all of the history and explanation of the area in English, we did enjoy the visit to Machu Picchu. I figured Viator would take care of me after the trip, so I did not get too excited. Although I was a bit disappointed. Disappointed turned into real frustration in working with Viator after, as they take no responsibility for anything!! The cost of the trip for 4 of us through Viator was about 2-3 times what we would have paid if purchased in the country for the same trip and accomodations. Recommendation is to coordinate your trip with local travel agents, much cheaper, and no added benefits or assurances with Viator! They have dealt with me via email only. I have requested on several occasions for a customer services rep. or manager to give me a call to discuss. But they either don't exist, or they do not work that way. They did remind me in one email that all sales are final. Something I will remember before I push the buy button,"
"DO NOT USE!!! BEWARE!!! They are ressellers taking 30% from the real tour operators. One of the worst booking platform. They connect suppliers from all around the world, take the money from the clients and do not assist in no way. Buyers cannot contact Viator assistance center / no phone no email. Suppliers cannot update bookings. Eventually they keep the money of clients and pay to supplier 45 days after the tour. SCAM. Why they keep the money? why they do not provide a supplier contact details in advance. People just book because they even don't understand that the Viator is 3th party re-seller. We as a supplier and as a buyer recommend you to find tour operators in country you planing you visit and book directly with real tour operator. They rate tour operators having 1 star ( worst ) rating in the world. SCAMMERS, MONEY LAUNDRY, DO NOT USE BEWARE"
"Didn’t deliver and horrible cust9mer service"
"We booked a full day CULTURAL tour of Hutong in Beijing on April 7. It said there would be learning of Tai chi, Chinese calligraphy, paper cutting, opera mask painting tour of hutong and lunch at a local family. Except for a hour of Tai chi by a master, everything else was done in less than 2 hours in a room without anyone showing us what to do but we were just given the materials to do it on our own! There was no mask painting but we were given already painted mask to take home! Lunch was nothing special. We paid $188 Canadian per person for this kind of mediocre tour. Viator your selection and oversight is terrible and irresponsible! I write to them for complaints but I never heard back. I will never use this company."
"Whilst in Ciro for our first time, we went to see the pyramids and lucky enough we found @fatmashaffey as our tour guid. She was amazing. From the moment we met her we knew that this was an experience we were never going to forget. Her knowledge about the history of the pyramids and ancient Egypt was as if she had lived it. Also her photography skills were brilliant. She knew all the secret spots to get the perfect picture where there were no people. These are memory’s that I will never forget and will be with me forever. Thank you Fatma for the experience of a life time❤❤❤❤🦋"
"Offering “PRIVATE” tour when it actually is a normal tour. When i saw title, i even called the hotline from overseas before making booking and they “confirm” is it a “private” tour. WHen I made the booking, I got an email asking me to cancel it because they made a mistake. And not offering any solution even when i keep asking for any other option. IRRESPONSIBLE COMPANY! Just judge yourself how bad this company is by looking at the most recent reviews, nothing more than 1 star. JUST AWEFUL!"
"Disgusted I am disgusted with this company. We book months in advance only to be told 2 DAYS before the booking that we have been thrown off for someone else, My advice, AVOID at ALL COSTS"
"professional scammers"
"The date I booked was not even within my travel range. When I got a confirmation text I IMMEDIATELY tried to fix it, both through Viator (which required me to call them 3 TIMES to get a resolution) and through the tour company, but I was required to pay the full price of the tour."
"We booked a tour of the Royal Palace of Madrid for March 30 at 11:30 a.m. The supplier for this tour was Pancho Tours. We arrived at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour was supposed to start. Since no tour guide showed up at 11:30 a.m., we called the phone number for Pancho Tours that was listed in the voucher. The lady who answered the phone apologized, saying that they tried to contact us to change the time of the tour for earlier that day. She tried to reschedule for another day but we could not accommodate in our schedule. I specifically asked whether we would be refunded since they changed the time of the tour and she guaranteed that we would get a refund. I contacted Viator 9 or 10 business days later since I didn't see a refund. After contacting Pancho Tours, Viator informed they would not refund us because Pancho Tour replied that the tour left at the regular 11:30 a.m. time that day. I am upset with Pancho Tours because that is a lie and I am contesting the charge with the credit card company since no service was provided to us and it was not our fault. I am upset with Viator for not doing a more thorough investigation and a better screen of their suppliers and, quite frankly, for not trusting their customers."
Viator is rated 3.70 based on 386 reviews