Habitat Reviews

of reviewers recommend Habitat
Read Habitat Reviews

customerservices@habitat.co.uk

Habitat Retail Ltd, 489 499 Avebury Boulevard

Tell us how Habitat made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
Habitat 1 star review on 19th May 2020
Sarah D
Habitat 1 star review on 18th December 2019
Elizabeth
Habitat 1 star review on 18th December 2019
Elizabeth
More Photos & Videos
Awful experience to say the least.
Orderd a tripod lamp ,when the shade arrived the box was open and the packaging was just awful ,well what was there of it .the shade had creased and was all mangled. So i asked the driver straight away to take it back .the base then comes 5 days later ,luckily that was alright but now i have no.shade and just cant get hold of anyone .left messages on twitter and fb but nothing at all back .im thinking of contacting my bank to recall the money .
Will never buy with them again.
Do not buy from Habitat!
They have closed all their help lines. They claim you can contact them through Twitter or Facebook messenger but no response after multiple messages and weeks waiting.
Order a glass picture frame which arrived with virtually no protective packaging and was smashed. You can’t call, email or get any responses to social media.
I finally got through to someone at HQ called Andrew Hilton who was very nice and said I should hear back in 24-48 hours. It’s now been 7 days. I tried calling again today and they’ve blocked my number!
So hurt and insulted. Having to store massive box of dangerous broken glass in tiny flat during lockdown.
DO NOT RISK BUYING FROM HABITAT AT THIS TIME!
We ordered an Askem 3 seater sofa about 18 months ago. The sofa has sunk so much in this time, and the cushions compressed that it is really uncomfortable to sit in. Habitat sent someone to look at the sofa but they said it was fair wear and tear. It seems ridiculous that a sofa will last less than 18 months before being practically unusable. The website states their should be straps under the cushions to prevent sag but they are not there so I think the sofa is faulty. I have contacted habitat to dispute but no response.
Evan Floor Lamp
I am so loving this modern retro style lamp.
Easy to assemble, good quality with a lovely heavy marble base.
It makes a real impact, great statement piece.
Perfect ...I am in love.
I ordered a very nice kota three seat sofa bed with 20% discount and I received Express delivery in this situation, I really appreciate that plus big up for delivery guys they deserve it thanks ones again!
Would not ordered from habitat Been waiting over a week for my item when tracking Hermes been saying same thing for 5 days ring customer service and they are not interested save yourself the hastle and shop somewhere else more reliable.
Ordered chest of drawers and 2 x bedside tables. Delivery quoted was 10 days. Contacted customer service when goods did not arrive and told delivery was THREE MONTHS!! They had not bothered to contact me and no explanation or apology was given. I was merely told I could cancel my order if I wasn't happy. I really wanted furniture so I waited. When furniture arrived it turned out the colour, which is quoted as 'sage green' is actually pale blue! What awful service. Definitely will not be buying anything else from Habitat.
Customer service experience and lack of assitance was disappointing.
Sort out your 'out of stock' email system as it doesn't work and has led me to leave reviews and speak to your team on 3 occasions including FB chat and telephone. None of which were able to offer an explanation, help or compensation/incentive to shop with you in the future.
I recently ordered a 3 seater Askem sofa from Habitat. The sofa is lovely but the seats have turned out to be much deeper that I thought they would be and getting off the sofa if difficult. I have called Habitat to try to get back cushions made in the same fabric to make the seat less deep. They could not find any way in which to help, ie would not contact the manufacturer to ask them to make the cushions, would not try to source the same fabric so I could have my own cushions made. In short once they have sold the sofa they made no effort to assist me to make it more comfortable or usable. The 'cant' do attitude was very disappointing.
Received email to say item delivered to the nearest pick up Hermes shop that appeared on checkout for click and collect. Tracked it ....delivered and signed for at shop. Went to shop to pick up said they dont accept from Hermes. Rang Habitat .....no one picking up. What do I do now? A waste of my time and still no item. Rang Hermes....crazily bad customer services from both.
I recently purchased table lamps and shades. I have previously shopped with Habitat & everything is such good quality & perfectly wrapped & secure. This order I had an issue with a faulty lamp and bulbs purchased. Habitat not only arranged collect from my house to return, replaced the item's straight away, even before collecting the faulty lamp! I absolutely can't recommend this store enough. The service is unbelievable, I've never known anything like it. Fantastic! 5*
Habitat with the emphasis on 'tat'. I bought the Radius dressing table and was disappointed to see it arrived as a flat-pack and as such I have had to spend several hours getting the drawers to fit, and I have good carpentry tools. (They said that it is stated on their website that it is flat-packed but I can't see where.) I did eventually get a discount for the dodgy drawers but everywhere these days you have to spend a fortune for goods of unacceptable quality. That's why I avoid buying furniture, and make much of what I need myself.
Yet another example of poor dealings with customers over faulty goods.
In summary (as the complaints procedure has been prolonged):
1. 2 suede panels of a TUX red pouffe tore spontaneously 13 months after purchase
2. Habitat was contacted in good faith
3. Consumer law was quoted at us (of which we were aware and acknowledge)
4. We were informed to obtain an independent report (at our expense)
We decided that further expense, time and inconvenience was not warranted. We have had a year's use of a pouffe at the cost of £146.25!! and received a poor customer service.
Returns policy is pathetic. Don't buy anything from here more than 14 days before giving it as a gift because you won't be able to return, exchange or get a credit note. One of the plates was faulty and the customer service couldn't of been less helpful. Wasted nearly £100. Won't be buying from ever again. Merry Christmas
Delivery not within 3-6 days and still waiting!
Appalling when delivery goes wrong. I paid £140 to habitat several weeks ago - to hear nothing, I then chased delivery, was given a date - nothing arrived, I chased again and said i would like a refund - they wont refund until the matter is sorted with their 3rd party carrier !! Appalling - that is for them to sort out, my contract for a delivered purchase is with Habitat not an unnamed third party.
I have had the worst on line shopping experience ever!
1. My Items were not sent Per the order date of 3-5 days
2. I receive an email after they should have arrived stating they will be late
3. I ask them to cancel order
4. Some items arrive
5. Sofa arrives damaged ( see photos, the marks do not come off)
6. The rest of the items arrive even later than the late warning stated.
7. I do a contact form to have the lights returned, they arrived so late I no longer needed them as had to have them for the electrician to fit, so by the time I got the lights other lights had been ordered from another company, fitted and working!
8. The Return order is not collected
9. I email and get automated response stating someone will reply, this does not happen.
10. I call. Helpful man offers £37 for damaged sofa and collection of my lights. Also offers to send me pads for the chairs that were missing pads
11. Lights are not collected
12. I Facebook message and get a reply, looks like it will all resolve and collection will be made
13. No collection
14. Contact again and told that it’s with the courier and not habitats problem. I have text stating the collection will happen Monday, that is 2 days ago.
15. Still NO DATE FOR COLLECTION
16. Habitat have £625 of my money and I have lights I do not want.
17. Until this point I have not posted anything about them but it has now reached the point where I have been told they will not accept the items back if I get them couriered to them and I can not get the money back. I am sure this is against retails laws.
18. I WILL NEVER USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN
BED BROKEN AFTER A FEW DAYS - manufacturing defect and late delivery
First, we had some issues with the delivery.

Habitat did not show up on the delivery day and we waited a full day waiting for the delivery. On the evening we received a call and had to re-arrange delivery several days later. No apologies received. When delivery happened, the driver did not take the bed to the third floor so we had to pick it ourselves downstairs. Beware.

Then the main problem. The bed has a leg under in the middle which did not last more than one day. Although no abnormal use of it. It is really a combination of poor design (cheaper material used than the remaining of the bed, one thin leg used instead of 2 or larger leg...) and manufacturing quality/defect.

As a result we had to contact customer service who sent an engineer inspect the leg. The engineer agreed that there was an issue with manufacturing.

Habit came back to us a few days later explaining that the damage was not due a manufacturing fault but due to a movement in the bed on a laminate floor and as result would reject the claim. No further action from their side.

We are now left with a bed that gives us back pain and terrible sleep and it has been a month.

I also need to mention that we found the same exact issue in a Habitat shop that exhibited the same defect. The staff did not seem surprised about our finding and the bed was on carpet! I am happy to share the pics with whoever is interested, one of the pictures is hilarious.

I have now requested replacement of the bed or refund and waiting
AVOID this company....sold three me three beds with a design fault (which only materialises over time). When you discover it they then try and and take the majority of your refund by “wear and tear” even though you can’t use them! Awful customer service‬
Would be 5 stars for good wooden picture frames. BUT no stars for the damaged frame (wood split at the back), the completely different frames arriving in two sequential attempts at replacement and the huge nuisance of repacking and awaiting collections. To get the right frame (clearly identified) took four deliveries and two collections, all with only the day given and no smaller time slots. They’ve given me a £25 voucher in compensation but I don’t want to pay a delivery charge (which they refused to give free) so probably won’t want to use it in a further order.
Habitat is rated 2.31 based on 39 reviews