AbeBooks Reviews

of reviewers recommend AbeBooks

Tell us how AbeBooks made you happy
I ordered a book as a gift to friend. On checkout, I entered the friend's as the shipping address, and mine as the billing address. On my order confirmation email I received my friend's name/address was listed, but not mine. I am now on my 4th email to Customer Service to make sure I get billed for the book, and not my friend. All AbeBooks replies have either been form letters about procedures, not addressing my issue or else stupid claims that the individual bookseller is the one responsible for placing the mailing address on the bill, not AbeBooks whose name is the one on the letterhead of the bill they emailed me. I feel frustrated, but realize the bigger headache it would be to cancel the order. I am a collector of books and have purchased from AbeBooks and other booksellers frequently over the past 12 years. In my opinion, all online booksellers have been going downhill steadily in their customer service for at least the last 4 years. It is sad & disappointing.
The same problem - not providing any tracking numbers!
AbeBooks is rated 2.73 based on 73 reviews