Affordable Lighting Reviews

0% of reviewers recommend Affordable Lighting

About Affordable Lighting: The UK's Leading Supplier Of Quality Lighting At Affordable Prices

01789 766833

customerservice@affordablelighting.co.uk

Unit 12 & 13 Arden Business Centre Arden Road

How would you rate Affordable Lighting ?

(optional)

23 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Kenneth

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Affordable Lighting in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
Kenneth Duggan
Verified Buyer
"We ordered our lights on line and heard nothing more re a delivery date after a week . I e-mailed you re the order number and asked for a possible delivery date. The lights were delivered 2 days later. I wonder what would have happened if I hadn't sent the e-mail ? Delighted with the lights though."
Sardar Mayana
Verified Buyer
"The products available are not easy to understand what width, dimensions and weight and not all products have a standard system of mention the technical details are. The returns policy does not clearly indicate Returns costs are to be paid by the receiver, if refused. Allthough the customer service / contacted people were good this is still not efficient for the person who buys online with the limited information provided. Also not easy to look for relevant information about the product."
I'm very sorry that you didn't understand the dimensions on the website, we do have our contact telephone helpline number on every product page. You will find that it is common practice for customers to return unwanted goods at their own cost and again there is a link to the returns policy on the bottom of every page. as you will see from all our previous reviews the majority of our customers find our website very useful and informative but we will take your comments on board.
Adele Proctor
Unverified Reviewer
"The Famous Lamp Company trading as Affordable lighting sent me £185.00 stag light which was bought on the 28th of November via paypal, it took four weeks to arrive and when it did it was broken. Phoned them up and was told I could I glue it rather than send back they would offer me a 20 % discount , I accepted this which was a mistake as they have never returned my money , or any of my emails , I glued the light together but can clearly still see the break absolutely disgusted that they can do this, just warning other people if light arrives broken SEND IT BACK ! Mrs Adele Proctor"
sorry refund was as oversite and we have now refunded your paypal account as promised
Hilary Herring
Verified Buyer
"We bought a floor light for reading and the product is good, however, when it arrived the bulb was broken. I emailed affordable lighting and there was a quick response to the email saying that they would send us a replacement bulb. Unfortunately, that has not arrived so I went to my local electrical shop to buy one so that we could use the lamp. I am a little disappointed that they couldn't have dispatched the replacement first class, unless it is the postal service that is at fault."
we have sent a replacement out to you on Monday afternoon as promised. Let me know if it hasn't arrived by tomorrow please
Laura Bruton
Verified Buyer
"The item we ordered arrived and was very badly damaged, the item was in 2 boxes. The internal box that held the item was cleat very badly damaged and and responsible retailer who cares about customer service would have checked the time before sending on to a customer. I took photos of the item and damage box to which I was told they were out of rock and would need to order more. It is clear that the item I received was the last they had and they just sent it to me in terrible condition rather than ordering any more in. Poor customer service but selling lovely items - will wait and see if I ever receive a replacement."
C E Earley
Verified Buyer
"Can't comment on product fairly as I haven't actually received it yet - think I ordered it about a week or so ago."
We sent your parcel on the 28th so you should of had it on the 29th. Let me check tomorrow with our couriers
Stephen Ross
Verified Buyer
"Service very good, and reasonably priced, but thought that product lacked refinement with the glass fittings! Regards Steve Ross"
George Grayson
Verified Buyer
"The service to get the goods to the customer is second to none, however the returns rigmarole of no parcel tape,put box inside box , no labels on box etc. etc when the return is at the customers expense is such that I would not buy here again when so many on line sellers make the returns if needed as easy as the purchase and do not involve the customer in expense."
Thank you for leaving a review and i'm pleased you are happy with the delivery service. Unfortunately we have to spell out the returns policy as in the past we have had lights returned not even in a box! Simplified, it is return them as you received them. We do ship all our orders over £36 free of charge but cannot pay for return postage on unwanted orders.
"I ordered 2 lights but, unfortunately, they were not in stock. The company emailed me to give me the option of waiting or cancelling my order. I chose to wait a few weeks and I am so glad I did as my lights are perfect and look great. I received another email telling me when they were dispatched and due to arrive. The arrived exactly when they said. Good overall service and product."
Linda Flowers
Verified Buyer
"Goods arrived on time and well packaged the only problem was the stamped message on the bill warning that there was only 48 hours to return faulty goods etc. this is in contravention of the prevailing law both on sale of goods and distance selling and should not be there!! If my light don't work when they are installed next week they will be returned regardless of this message."
Thank you for leaving a review. You will find we ask for damage to be reported within 48 hours, all our products have a minimum 12 warranty so no need to worry next week.
Katherine Horton
Verified Buyer
"I was very disappointed in the quality of this product for the price at which it is offered. The light fixture was light-weight and flimsy. I will be returning it to purchase a more solid product at a cheaper price elsewhere."
Caroline Lee
Verified Buyer
"I was not impressed that I had to arrange my own courier to return a light to you at a cost of almost £15!"
i'm sorry the light was not suitable, we post out free but it is up to the customer to return unwanted goods
"I received my goods promptly but when I informed the company that one of the items was faulty and asked for a replacement, I have not had a response (as yet). I reserve judgment until I get a response. My invoice states that I must inform them within 48hrs if goods are faulty. I have done so."
hello it's been well over a month since we exchanged your lights within 48 hours, could you please edit your review now so people can see we keep our promises,
Kelly Hanchett
Verified Buyer
"Wasn't kept up to date with the delivery arrangements and had to phone up to find out what was happening."
Thank you for leaving a review, we did e-mail you regarding the 2 day delay with your order, unfortunately you did not leave a contact telephone number, as we would have also phoned you.
Peter G Law
Verified Buyer
"Hello I've not left an eBay review as I felt the lamp was very poor design and too small to fit the wiring into it .each time I attached it to the mount the switch failed to work as the wiring was restricting the pull cord .after many attempts and modifying the pull cord switch I finally got it to work . Poor design not poor quality ."
Thanks for leaving a review. Unfortunately all small wall lights will have a small back plate which does make it tricky to wire but as you said a little patience and the light should look great,
Regards
Jon
Zoe Gladman
Verified Buyer
"Product arrived promptly and packaged well, but overall quality of the light was low and required assembly with very unclear instructions. Think the same quality / style at a highstreet retailer would have been £20-30 less. Wont be rushing back to order again."
Rose Harrison
Verified Buyer
"perhaps you should wait until the goods are actually received before you send out a survey!"
Anthony Mayes
Verified Buyer
"The item was delivered when expected. Fixing was no problem. I am satisfied with the product."
"Not yet delivered"
Delivery
Information
Price
"I was initally very happy with the service as the first item on my order was delivered very quickly and well packaged but the other item was out of stock for a month which I was informed of by email. I decided to wait for it but was not happy that I did not hear anything for over two weeks after the due date so I had to contact the company myself only to be told the item would be available by the end of that week. I still did not hear from the company so had to call again, I then decided to change to a different fitting which was cheaper which was delivered the next day which I was happy about. I was told I would be refunded the difference but I am still waiting at the moment but do not feel confident I will get the refund without further phone calls. After this experience I would not use this company again, which is disappointing as I thought they had a good website with lots of choice and good prices and free delivery, but unfortunately this has put me off using them in the future."
Affordable Lighting is rated 2.30 based on 23 reviews