Augustine Tours Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Augustine Tours

About Augustine Tours : Founded in 2010, Augustine Tours is a Rwanda based and locally- owned tour operator. We focus on creating and promoting tailor-made tours offering authentic and unique travel experiences benefiting visitors and local employment while preserving the cultural heritage, wildlife, and nature.
Our destinations are Burundi, Rwanda, The Democratic Republic of Congo, Uganda, Tanzania, and Kenya.

“Is Augustine Tours a reliable company?” Don’t take our word for it. You can read verified customer reviews of clients who have used our services. And if you need any references, feel free to reach out to us via email and we shall provide them.

“Why do you have anonymous reviewers?”. We value our customers' privacy. Some customers prefer not to have their names linked with reviews published online and we understand that.

“Does Augustine Tours operate its tours?” Yes, all our tours are designed and run by us. We are not an online travel agency.

Safe payment: We are accepting payments by credit cards processed by PayPal or Stripe.

+250 785 062 493

info@augusinetours.com

61 KG 11 Avenue, Kigali, Rwanda

Click Here

Tell us how Augustine Tours made you happy

Own Driver
"Me & my partner recently used Augustine Tours to plan our trip in Kenya and I am absolutely over the moon that we did! Absolutely everything from start to finish was amazing and exactly what we wanted! A brilliant team who really know what they're doing to provide exceptional tours!"
Hi Nicole

Many thanks for reviewing us. We look forward to welcoming you to Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Burundi for your next trips to Africa.
"We were very lucky to find this tour organizing company, who was able to set us up with a tailor-made tour of everything we wanted and needed to see on our rather short trip! Will always remember our time in Tanzania thanks to you!"
Hi Stefana

Lovely to hear we met your travel expectations with your Tanzania safari.
Many thanks for having chosen us.
We looking forward to assisting you again with your Africa tours in the near future.
"Today I finished my 2 day trip to Rwanda which I thoroughly enjoyed from Kigali city tour to Akagera game drive through commendable green hills!"
Hi Harry, thanks for reviewing us. So delighted that you enjoyed your Rwanda tour with us.
"Myself and my partner were 2 independent travellers who wanted to spend a few days in Burundi on our trip that included a tour of Uganda and Rwanda. There is not much information available on Burundi as a tourism destination and we were grateful for Augustine Tours who helped arrange a 3 day tour of some of the main sights in and around Bujumbura. We stayed at the Hotel Club du Lac and enjoyed the refreshing pool, great food, hospitality, entertainment and the white beach sands overlooking Lake Tanganyika, with the sunset in the evenings behind the DRC bordering mountains which is a truly moving sight neither of us will ever forget. We saw hippos and crocs at close quarters in the Ruzizi NP. In addition we saw the Burundi main university site and enjoyed views from the mountain tops of the capital and infamous lake. We enjoyed a trip to Gitega/Gishora to the drummers museum, saw the Catholic influence in the town and also the National Museum of Burundi. We visited the Livingstone/Stanley monument in Bujumbura Rurale. The road trip was very interesting through the mountainous thick bush at high altitude, really getting to see a quite untouched beautiful and largely undiscovered part of Africa. The people were extremely welcoming and friendly and I just wish we had more time to enjoy, discover and explore this up and coming future destination. I would recommend the country and indeed Augustine Tours, who is in many respects a pioneering tourist expert who's passion for this country, its people, history and future aspirations as a nation is truly infectious. Our needs were catered for at very short notice, but Augustine Tours had prepared well and the whole trip was a seamless and well executed private tour. If you're thinking about going, just do it, you'll discover your inner intrepid side...!"
(Kigali) -
Hi Paul, many thanks for reviewing us and your kind words are well received. Having visited the 3 countries- Uganda- Rwanda, and Burundi has surely given you an overview of similarities on landscapes, culture, and people, which you seem to have fully enjoyed. Thanks again for having traveled with us.
"Prompt and detailed answers to all my questions for my Rwanda safari booking in January 2020, a positive impression so far. All set to go!"
Hi Stephen, we look forward to welcoming you soon.
"A wonderful 3 day tour to Akagera NP with a passionate and knowledgeable tour guide. Happy to recommend Augustine Tours for your Rwanda private tour."
Hi Michael, thanks for your review. Happy to have accommodated your Rwanda tour wishes at the last minute. Thanks again for having traveled with us.
"I had an amazing and safe overland tour with Augustine Tours during my 5 days in Burundi and Rwanda. I landed at Bujumbura Airport and flew back from Kigali Airport. With my 3 short days in Burundi, my things to do list was Bujumbura city, Gishora drummers, Karera waterfalls and the source. The trip to Butare via Akanyaru border was easier than I imagined despite travel warnings and I felt safe all the time. My Rwanda visit took me to Butare National Museum, Nyanza Royal Palace Museum and ended with Kigali city tour. Wouldnt hesitate to recommend an overland tour to anyone who needs to explore the 2 countries."
(Kigali) -
Hi Nadja, lovely to hear that you enjoyed your private tour to Burundi and Rwanda. Thanks for reviewing us.
"A very reliable tour company that you can absolutely trust"
(Kigali) -
Hi Wolfgang, we were happy to take you around on Rwanda and Burundi tours. Many thanks for the recommendation/ Vielen Dank für die Empfehlung!
"My experience with car rentals in Africa. I decided to tour Burundi, Rwanda, and Uganda by renting a 4WD car and was fortunate enough to find Augustine Tours offering rental options. Chris, my driver spoke excellent English which allowed me to learn more about places I was driving to. The offer was within my budget and I highly recommend using Augustine Tours to anyone who needs to rent a car and travel with peace of mind."
(Kigali) -
Hi Claude, thanks for your review. Glad that we were able to meet your tour expectations.
"Having traveled always with the help of travel agents, we wanted to change and work with a local tour operator. Augustine Tours popped up in our searches as we were looking for a reliable tour in East Africa. Their website had some ready-made tours for each country we wanted to visit, but we decided to send them an inquiry through the contact form for a custom-made itinerary. The communication was quick with detailed information. They proposed an itinerary after a few days, and we accepted it with some change requests. The whole process took a week to have all sorted out and we were ready to book and pack for a 20-day African journey. Trekking gorilla in Rwanda’s Volcanoes National Park was above all a life-changing and energetic experience. The whole 20-day tour went smoothly. Traveling with a tour operator with flexible options was a rewarding experience. With all enthusiasm, we wouldn’t hesitate to use them in the future and recommend the company to anyone who needs a personalized experience and still figures out how and whom to rely on. Great job Augustine Tours!"
(Kigali) -
Hi Gerry, many thanks for reviewing us.
We were so happy to work on your vacation, and above all, we are glad to have been able to fulfill your travel wishes. Please consider visiting DR Congo and Burundi as well with your next trip to Africa. We will be happy to assist.
"We traveled last year to Rwanda 🇷🇼 for a gorilla trekking tour with the help of Augustine Tours. The service was fantastic from our hotels, excursions, and guide. Having done some research on Rwanda, we had an idea of what we wanted to see, and they were patient with us and flexible in adjusting our itinerary. The price was fair and we paid with a credit card. From the first contact throughout the trip, I can’t thank Augustine Tours enough for having professionally planned a lifetime vacation for us."
(Kigali) -
Thanks, Larissa for your kind review. We are all happy that you enjoyed your custom-made tour in Rwanda. We can't wait to see you again on other destinations. ​Greetings from Kigali.
"We have just returned from a fabulous trip to Rwanda organized by Augustine Tours. We stayed in beautiful hotels and lodges where the facilities met our expectations. Our tour guide had a wonderful knowledge of local wildlife and culture which was our travel wishes. Our overall experience from the first contact was very satisfying."
Many thanks for your review. So delighted you have enjoyed your trip to Rwanda. Look forward to seeing again on our new tours.
"My husband and I used Augustine Tours in August 2014 for a 12 day private tour throughout Rwanda and Burundi. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend the company to anyone looking for an awesome overland round trip in those 2 countries."
Hi Anne, many thanks for reviewing us. Touring Rwanda and Burundi, two sister countries with a lot of similarities​ has been an awesome experience for many tourists considering a trip to East Africa.
"Had no tour booked as I landed in Kigali. I met another tourist staying in the same hotel who was departing to DR Congo for Gorillas trekking before continuing to Burundi with Augustine Tours. He recommended me to use the same company which I did by driving to their office to inquire about a gorilla trip. Kelly crafted a quick itinerary at a reasonable price and paying with my credit card was easy and fast. I was picked up the next day for an amazing trip through green hills. The gorilla experience was commendable and I really enjoyed this last minute and lifetime tour. Highly recommend Augustine Tours"
Chris, thanks for having given us an opportunity to assist you. We are all happy that we could meet your last minute tour needs. Look forward to welcoming you to other tourist destinations covered by our company!
"We had a wonderful vacation in Rwanda and Burundi.This was our first vacation in Africa, and we were fortunate to have it organized by a local company. The contact was quick, and the price was very fair. Gorilla trekking was on our bucket list, a fantastic experience coupled with a game drive in Akagera National Park where we saw beautiful animals in their native homes. The Burundi drummers in Gishora was above all a unique experience, showcasing an infectious African culture. Thanks, Augustine, for opening our eyes about this beautiful continent. We will surely come back!"
(Kigali) -
Hi Janice, thanks for your review. Glad that you enjoyed your round trip. Gishora drummers is indeed one of the "must do things" for people looking for a trip in Burundi. Look forward to seeing you again on new East African tours.
"In February, I took a 7-day trip to Akagera and Nyungwe National Parks with Eugene, a passionate and professional tour guide who took me in a nice 4WD vehicle and clean accommodations I could wish for. The overall experience was amazing. When you book a tour, make sure you get Eugene as your guide!"
(Kigali) -
Thank you for your time to review our services and nice feedback on your Rwanda tour. We really appreciated having you on our trips.
Looking forward to another time with new destinations.
"I had a great time with Hypolite who was my guide during my trip to Burundi. He was extremely professional and very helpful throughout my entire trip."
Many thanks for taking the time to review us. It was a pleasure to organizing your trip in Burundi. Look forward to welcoming you to other destinations.
"Recommended by a friend who traveled with Augustine in 2014, I inquired about a 7-day trip for 3 countries though didn't really know this could be possible, thankfully Augustine made it possible. My overall experience was fantastic from Uganda, Rwanda to Burundi. Highly recommend this company!"
(Kigali) -
Thanks for taking the time to share your tour experience.
Glad that you managed to see the best you could within a short amount of time. We have no doubt your trip will inspire other travelers considering a journey to this region. Greetings from Kigali.
"Excellent Uganda and Rwanda vacation! The itinerary was carefully thought and well balanced. The itinerary was crafted based on our prior wishes (mainly gorilla trekking) coupled with a Rwanda community visit at Iby’iwacu cultural village, a suggestion from Augustine Tours. Highly recommended site for tourists interested in activities beyond wildlife. Our logistical questions were always answered promptly and thoroughly, including helping us with accommodation and permit reservations at the last minute. Our passionate guide could always go an extra mile to make sure all goes smoothly. In all our 6 days from/to Kigali Airport, we only had a nice service."
(Kigali) -
Many thanks for reviewing us. We look forward to welcoming you again to East Africa on other trips.
"In February, Augustine arranged a 10-day safari to Tanzania and Kenya for us (four people). He was flexible and responsive during our entire communication, for over 3 months. The lodges were clean, and our guide had good driving skills. Our overall experience was satisfactory, and we look forward to their gorilla trekking packages either in Uganda or Rwanda next year. Thanks for showing me East Africa. Greetings from Calgary!!!"
(Kigali) -
Thanks for taking the time to review us. We look forward to assisting you again on your African vacations.
Augustine Tours is rated 4.93 based on 57 reviews