Augustine Tours Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Augustine Tours

About Augustine Tours : Founded in 2010, Augustine Tours is a Rwanda based and locally- owned tour operator. We focus on creating and promoting tailor-made tours offering authentic and unique travel experiences benefiting visitors and local employment while preserving the cultural heritage, wildlife, and nature.
Our destinations are Burundi, Rwanda, The Democratic Republic of Congo, Uganda, Tanzania, and Kenya.

“Is Augustine Tours a reliable company?” Don’t take our word for it. You can read verified customer reviews of clients who have used our services. And if you need any references, feel free to reach out to us via email and we shall provide them.

“Why do you have anonymous reviewers?”. We value our customers' privacy. Some customers prefer not to have their names linked with reviews published online and we understand that.

“Does Augustine Tours operate its tours?” Yes, all our tours are designed and run by us. We are not an online travel agency.

Safe payment: We are accepting payments by credit cards processed by PayPal or Stripe.

+250 785 062 493

info@augusinetours.com

61 KG 11 Avenue, Kigali, Rwanda

Tell us how Augustine Tours made you happy

Own Driver
"Thanks, Augustine, for the educational tour in Rwanda. 7 days well spent in an amazing country in a company of a knowledgeable operator. Not opposed to pre-packaged itineraries at all, I needed a local company who could design a bespoke itinerary with highlights on local visits and community experience. Augustine was informative and responsive to all my questions as he was working on the itinerary. Some places I loved: Nyungwe NP, Kibuye, Iby’iwacu Village, and Nyamirambo women center. On top of an infectious Rwandan culture, I enjoyed a delicious cuisine. Vielen Dank Augustine"
(Kigali) -
Thanks for having chosen to travel​ with us. We are really happy that you enjoyed your trip.
"Eine 9 Tage engenehme Tour in Ruanda und Burundi. Die Kommunikation war schnell und effizient. Ich kann gerne diesen Reiseveranstalter empfehlen. Thorsten, Hamburg 🇩🇪"
(Kigali) -
Vielen Dank für die Empfehlung, wir freuen uns damit.
Grüße aus Kigali
"6 friends and I have returned from a tour in East Africa. A well tailor-made tour to Uganda was quickly designed and run smoothly in that beautiful country that I recommend anyone to travel to. My experience with gorilla watching in Bwindi NP coupled with a historical tour in Rwanda is something commendable. Greetings from London"
Thanks for your review.
We are glad to hear that you find your east African tour experience enjoyable and look forward to you​ traveling again with us in the next days.
"My wife and I just finished a 14-day tour that took us through Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi. Our main interests were gorilla trekking, game drives and cultural experience. Our guide Eugene was knowledgeable about the places we visited which made us feel safe and our vacation entertaining. I highly recommend Augustine Tours"
(Kigali) -
Many thanks for reviewing us.
Your tour experience has obviously left you with so beautiful moments about this region. Again, it was our pleasure to host your family.
"Everything was great about Augustine Tours. I started dealing with them by e-mail 4 months before my trip, and they were always clear, kind and informative. Then, the actual experience in Rwanda, Congo DR and Burundi was charming, discrete and professional, just as tour companies should be. When we got to the Rwanda/Burundi border and it was closed, the problem was solved straight away and with no fuzz at all: I ended up spending a comfy night at Rusizi's best hotel, and on the next day my Burundi program was 100% followed. I will definetely use Augustine Tours services again in the near future, when I go back to East Africa, this time with my family."
Hi Pedro

Thanks for reviewing us.
We are glad to have had you on our tailor-made tours and we look forward to welcoming your family to East Africa.

Please, stay informed about our new programs and this region through our weekly blog https://augustinetours.com/africa-tour-news-corporate-travel/

Thank you!
"How friendly and nice country it is!!! Great trip with my driver Hypolite. He was always kind and helpful. I love Getiga with wonderful atmosphere village. Amazing old school, church and excellent drums show there. Thanks manager Kelly to arrange such a great trip for me."
Hi Chang

Thanks for your kind words and reviewing us.
Nice to hear you enjoyed your private tour in Burundi and left with positive impressions and memories( which we love to hear).
All the best!
"A very good tour of Burundi with insight into the history and culture. Would certainly recommend this company to others. Valerie. Canada 🇨🇦"
Hi Valerie

Many thanks for your review.
It was a pleasure to welcome you to Burundi.
"Augustine Tours (Augustine and Kelly) were great from my original contact through to the end of a 3 week journey through Rwanda and Burundi. They were responsive to all my requests, recommended interesting things to do in every location I visited and booked some very good hotels to stay in. All in all I can not fault them. I looked at other tour companies and chose Augustine because they came up with the best proposal at the best cost. During the tour Kelly and Augustine were always on hand to advise and sort out any questions. Eugene was fantastic through out the whole 3 weeks with us. We were always safe and happy."
Hi Bob
Many thanks for the review. It was a great pleasure to work on your 3 week vacation through Rwanda and Burundi , and above all to make it memorable and satisfying.
I am sure you left with fantastic and positive memories on these 2 countries.
We look forward to welcoming again on our private tour programs.
"Absolutely incredible company and wonderful people who made my trip enjoyable and lovely. From the communication point to pick up from the hotel my 4 days in Burundi were wonderful. It was my first time and I want to express my sincere gratitude to Augustin and Hipolite who helped to discover their country. Those people are absolutely fantastic and will go extra mile to make you feel better. I am putting my head down and say Thanks a Million for everything. If you are looking wonderful, comfortable and great tour please chose this company and you will never be disappointed."
(Kigali) -
Many thanks for your review. It was a great pleasure working on your Burundi private tour. Hope to welcome you again on other African destinations.
"Thoroughly enjoyed my tour with them in Rwanda and Burundi!! I definitely recommend them."
(Kigali) -
Thanks for your nice review. It was a pleasure to take you around Rwanda and Burundi on a private tour.
"Augustine Tours put together a fabulous trip for us to Rwanda, Democratic Republic of the Congo, and Burundi. Kelly was responsive and knowledgeable and helped us to devise the best itinerary possible at a reasonable price. We enjoyed our drivers, our tour guides, and local people. We trekked for gorillas, visited many historical and cultural sites in the three countries, and met with a family in Burundi. We felt enriched by this trip, thanks to Augustine Tours. Highly Recommended."
(Kigali) -
Many thanks for the feedback. Happy to hear that your trip was a success. Connecting locals with visitors for them to interact and learn about traditions and cultures of countries they are traveling in is something part of our responsible tourism programs.
"Hippolyte was very helpful and provided lot's of information about the city and country during our day tour of Bujumbura. I would gladly recommend this common."
(Kigali) -
Many thanks Lisa for the nice feedback. It was a pleasure working on your travel needs.
"I'm happy that I had found this tour agency. As Anna wrotes in her review the most not answered or were to expensive. But Augustine Tours make it uncomplicate. I had a nice two day tour with my guide Hypolite. He gaves me a lot of information about the country. Also he helped me (after our tour) to get the right car that goes to the rwanda border. I can recommend to travel to Burundi because I felt save during the whole tour and the landscape is very beautiful. And it's very clean everywhere!"
Hi Jan!
Many thanks for the review. It is our pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your 2 day tour in Burundi.
We look forward to receiving you on other private tours we organize in other east African destinations.
Happy holidays!

Vielen Dank nochmal!
"These guys (and girls)) are really good in providing excellent services. Very attentive to details. Always follow your requests and needs as a tourist. I was in Burundi with them and was absolutely happy for all they have done to make my trip one to remember! Thank you Augustine Tours!"
Dear Alex

We are happy to have made your trip one to remember and look forward to assisting you with other African tours needs in the near future.

Many thanks !
"I arranged a customized one-night, two-day program with Augustine Tours. Finding a reputable (and responsive) tour operator for Burundi was near impossible. So, when I came across Augustine Tours, I was ecstatic. From the planning/booking process to the trip itself, I only received excellent customer service. Kelly was very patient with me when I tossed around ideas for my two days allocated to visiting the country. She responded to my emails within a day (to this day, I still have never heard back from the other tour companies that I had contacted). On the last day of my tour, she even followed up with me to ensure all went well. The tour itself was excellent. I can thank my guide Hypolite Niyongabo for that. He picked me up from the airport on time and made sure I was comfortable and happy throughout the long drives over the two days. I would highly recommend using Augustine Tours for your time in Burundi."
Hi Anna

Thank you so much for your kind words and time to review us.
Kelly and Hypolite-our gems-and the entire team are glad that we met your expectations in working on your private tour in Burundi.
We look forward to welcoming you again on other African destinations.
"Augustin himself helped me arrange the trip and Eugene and Augustin were fantastic! Helped get me out of Congo when a political revolution broke out when I was there."
(Kigali) -
Thanks for your review and appreciation on your Rwanda, Uganda, D R Congo, Zanzibar tour planning. Eugene and I are happy to have been able to find a solution for you in regard to "back up" excursions.
We look forward to your next trips to​ Africa with us.
Augustine Tours is rated 4.93 based on 57 reviews