BSO Reviews

Popular Questions:

Delivery

How does BSO deliver?

How can I contact BSO?

Tell us how BSO made you happy

"Great service. Original product (a shower tray) was delivered to BSO broken and could therefore not be delivered on the originally booked delivery date. However they informed me of this by 10:30 on that date (a Friday). An alternative delvery was arranged for the following Monday and a new shower tray was delivered by 10:30 on that day. I'm very pleased that they picked up the original fault before sending it on to me.Thank you."
Are you BSO? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"We refurbished our house this summer, we dealt with lots this company is horrible. Lisa which supposed to be Customers Services manager is trying to stay nice and her advice is very unhelpful. She refuse to escalate my email or pass me or to her manager saying that she has power if decision and if I am not happy with that "keep emailing " . She also asked me to complaint to Dpd for failing to show up when the collection was booked, really?! I order from BSO not DPD. I am going to do my research and not let them get away with this, I am shocked to see that this company exist ."
"Worst customer service experience I ever had. The website looks professional so bought over £1000 worth of internal doors. Arrived but 2 wrong doors come out of 7. I called enquired about it and customer service was so rude. There are only 2 people in the customer service 1 named Lisa supposed to be the manager but does not speak politely at all. She gave the worst ever customer service which destroyed every good i thought about the company. I will not buy from there again as she charged me £90 delivery to return the doors. Checked reviews after and it looks like more people having the same issue. I do not recommend anyone to choose BSO even if its cheaper as you will lose more than you think you save."
"AVOID AT ALL COSTS! Customer service is NON EXISTENT they send incorrect goods, falsely advertised and REFUSE to offer any kind of apology or resolution! Disgraceful service. Should not be allowed to trade!"
"Awful company. I ordered some doors on the 6th and got an email straight away saying a courier will be in touch to arrange delivery and will be with me in 3-5 working days. On the 12th I chased as no one had been in touch and was told it was unusual I hadn't be contacted and they would look into it and gat back to me. Nothing. On 13th I called, chasing again and stressed that I needed these for the weekend, I was once again told someone would get back to me. Nothing. I then sent an email chasing. No reply. On 14th I called again, again saying I needed for the weekend. Finally got an email response saying it wasn't possible to get them by Friday (16th) and would be some time next week. At least I got a response at last but they took the easy way out and didn't call to tell me. It means it will take 10+ working days after I got the email saying dispatched and 3-5! I don't think anyone had bothered to actually chase or actually do anything to try get these quicker. Asked for compensation as I'm now going to have to get the carpenter back another day due to their incompetence (which is going to cost me extra) and was told that wasn't possible. Honestly avoid. They are useless and unwilling to help!"
"NOT Professional After chat place order delivery most by in 5 day end confirm the delivery day after 3 day receive the email is out from stock end you receive in 3 of 4 week time Never trust on chat end never trust on online NOT RECOMAND"
"The glazed surface of the ceramic tile I ordered was crazed. I e-mailed customer services and sent them photographs showing the problem. I also raised an issue through PayPal. After 6 days when they failed to answer I escalated the matter through PayPal. Only then did they refund me for goods which were not fit for purpose."
"Incompetent Outfit Do not waste your time and money on these cowboys, I ordered a Vitra toilet last week, agreed with their incompetent staff that I need the goods by Friday 7th September, if they could not get them out to me by that date then I do not requires their services. They agreed and even sent me a dispatched notice, low and behold no goods received Friday or even Saturday. I emailed their nonexistent support team with no response, I emailed again on Monday, called 3 times on Monday, no reply and finally when I told them that I would raise a dispute with my card issuer they sent me this pre-written pathetic response which in fact contains grammatical errors. They may be a little cheaper then elsewhere but for what its worth spend the extra £10-£20 at least you will have peace of mind that you are dealing with a reputable firm and not this pathetic and incompetent outfit. What these individuals don't realise is that I have over 500k followers across various social and commercial platforms, I will be sharing my thoughts and experiences which will create waves!!! Disgraceful service and conduct! If your response to this review is going to be anything like your response to my complaint, I suggest you save yourself the time and effort and you might consider sending the previous author of the last so called response to a night school to refresh their written English."
"They had the cheapest price on the item I wanted, so I went for it without reading reviews. Ordered for next day delivery. Then read reviews, and got a bit scared to say the least! The day after, I called to check on my order, and they couldn't deliver that day but told me it would arrive the next day, and said they'd refund the postage difference for the next day delivery. I was dubious, but the following day I received my order, and a confirmation of my refund. All in all pretty good, it arrived a day late but customer service was prompt to sort it out."
"Appalling, ordered 4 doors that the online chat person assured me were in stock and get an email 24 hours later saying the weren’t. As the confirmed stock o had returned the others I had here and was charged a restocking fee. No accountability. Buyer beware"
"Extremely painful company to try and deal with, totally failed service all round. If you are thinking of buying something give them a call first to check a) someone actually exists and works there b) they have the item in stock (unlikely) & c) they will be able to honour their delivery commitments. Finally Pay on Credit Card - high chance you will need Section 75 protection Ordered insulation & plasterboard from them for a set delivery date - big and bulky with kerbside delivery so had to ensure someone in. 3.20pm the day before they email (so you better be sure you check emails) they are unable to deliver until the following week. Rearranged for following week, expected delivery but they hadn't even thought about dispatching. 3-4days between email ticket responses. Some 2 weeks later they were again supposed to deliver - Nothing. Zero Communication, Zero delivery. I even gave them a couple of days to get in touch, perhaps apologising but Zilch. Had to pretend on the Live Chat (joke -very slow, low chance of response) to be a new customer just to be able to interact with someone as about an hour ringing the phone line (a Monday mid-morning ) was pointless. Took them another day to refund credit card despite being told to do it that day..."
"Bought a blanco sink and tap five weeks ago, came with a part missing. I do appreciate these things happen! Five weeks down the line and 18 emails later, I can finally connect the sink up.. I’ve sent pictures of the parts diagram enabling them to speed the situation up. Invoice clearly stated 1 sink 1tap! They ask dumb questions like which sink is it!! Spoke to blanco they said if I don’t receive the missing part, I can forward the email thread through and they will send it next day! Safe to say I will NEVER use BSO again! Even the courier lost my item 3 times while in transit! -or so they say!! Inexcusable behaviour.. really not worth the hassle!"
"Building Supplies Online Ltd http://www.building-supplies-online.co.uk customerservices@bso.co.uk 01295 701777 I have made an online purchase of £1,525.62 using my PayPal for 12 doors and 11 door handles on 12.May.2018, Saturday and realised that 2 of the doors were wrong size so I sent an email on 13.May.2018, Sunday asking them to simply change the order. By this time I still have not received any order confirmation. Next day 14.May.2018, Monday at 9.06 am I have received the order confirmation stating the wrong doors. Obviously the first working day after the online order was placed someone walked into the office and processed the order without changes although they had the message asking for changes. Then I called them on the same day to clarify the changes and talked to customer services. They said that the order was already processed and they cannot change the order but they can cancel the part that was wrong so I can re-order it. I have agreed to cancel 10 of the doors as 2 of them were wrong size and asked for refund. They said that would be fine. However on the same day I received a call from delivery company asking me when they can deliver 12 doors. From there everything simply gone wrong. Countless number of calls and emails but I simply cannot get any result. I even have an email stating that they have processed the refund and I should receive it soon but unfortunately so far nothing. They have not even responded my recent emails since Friday and ignoring me. Last email I have received stating that delivery will be only for 2 doors not for the whole order of 12 doors and I should get refund for the 10 doors which the delivery is organised for 22.May.2018, Tuesday but no refund and no answer to my calls and emails. Terrible customer Service. Stay Clear. BSO never again!!!"
"This company is utter joke and should not be trading. PLEASE PLEASE avoid this company. I place an order for doors and frames on 06.04.18 and paid to have it delivered within 3-5 days. I had my delivery on the 5th day 13.04.18 just for the doors. No one has had the decency or the courtsey to contact me to tell me that frames were not being delivered. Waited over the weekend, so called on Monday to be told that the frames were not on the van due to failing quality control, when in fact they did not have it in stock. After speak to few agent who extremely rude and agrasive, and showed no empathy with the exception of a girl called Chloe who was extremely helpful and understanding who tried to do what she could, I finally spoke two managers both by name Joe, a lady and gent who to be frank were both utter rude and useless more so the gent who was laughing whilst in conversation with him. I was promised to have my frames delivered on Friday 19.04.18 by a manager. I called them on Thursday just confirmed that delivery is taking place on Friday, to be told it's been delivered to their warehouse on Friday and I would have it on Monday. This is what sort of company you are dealing with. Spoke to my joiner who was kind enough to understand and re-arranged the install from 16.04.18 and squeezed me in for 21.04.18 to now tell him again that it was not going to happen again. He kindly agreed to pick them up for me and they have refused. Honestly STAY AWAY FROM BSO. There are many companies like it that would value your custom. STAY AWAY. STAY AWAY."
"I purchased six packs of bathroom tiles from BSO for a refurbishment that I was carrying out. The first sign of trouble was their rude delivery man who, when asked to at least drop off my purchase at the front door, snapped, "You're lucky that I didn't leave it in the street". To add insult to injury was the fact that the colour of the tiles did not resemble those advertised on the website - they were a much lighter grey. The plot thickened when it emerged that BSO does not like to be telephoned by customers for much of anything. All my correspondence had to be handled by e-mail with an employee who seemed unable to grasp that I was asking the company to collect their tiles and refund my money. When the penny finally dropped, she stated that I had to arrange my own collection and delivery of 120kg of tiles. At that point, BSO would decide whether to provide a partial refund. Terrible customer service, but very happy to take and keep your money. Avoid BSO like the plague."
"We ordered some doors for these crooks. Doors arrived damaged and were taken in by a neighbour whilst we were away. These doors cost over £200 and when I rang BSO I was told that there was nothing they would or could do. Terrible service STAY AWAY, thank god we paid on a credit card."
"I never ever recomend these guys at all. It was my worst experience in my life!! They do not reply emails, do not communicate, they just simply DO NOT CARE. It is better to pay bit more, rather waist your time, lose temper, make a proper standstill with ongoing project. I have bought 2 Velux windows + flashings. Windows has not been delivered on that day. No reason why. Arrived next day, but I had to rearrange. Flashings had to deliver after 1 week. Parcell did not come. No text, call, email, response. After making pressure every hour, I received an email saying "your item been damaged". Had to wait another 5 days to get it. I think if they would received fines of not doing job properly, they would changed company strategy. Thanks for your time."
"A 14-day return policy - absolute nonsense. Unresponsive company and unwilling to do exchanges. Save your money and shop elsewhere."
"I wished I had read reviews before i went on this nightmare journey, wrong door delivered and they expected us to return this door at our expense before they would deliver another, eventually had to agree, that was a month ago and no one has contacted me to arrange a collection. like others DONT ORDER."
"Worse company ever wish i had stayed with original company Builder Depot, BSO claim they had our internal doors them in stock even sent us an email we have been without internal doors 3 months. contacted the manufacturer "deanta doors " and they said they were delivering doors to BSO beginning of December, also got a text saying our doors will be delivered 20th December now BSO said they will not. they have taken nearly £700 of our money and have left us waiting. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY"
BSO is rated 1.56 based on 27 reviews