BSO Reviews

Review and raise up to £2.00
M. Mohamed

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about BSO in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"This company is utter joke and should not be trading. PLEASE PLEASE avoid this company. I place an order for doors and frames on 06.04.18 and paid to have it delivered within 3-5 days. I had my delivery on the 5th day 13.04.18 just for the doors. No one has had the decency or the courtsey to contact me to tell me that frames were not being delivered. Waited over the weekend, so called on Monday to be told that the frames were not on the van due to failing quality control, when in fact they did not have it in stock. After speak to few agent who extremely rude and agrasive, and showed no empathy with the exception of a girl called Chloe who was extremely helpful and understanding who tried to do what she could, I finally spoke two managers both by name Joe, a lady and gent who to be frank were both utter rude and useless more so the gent who was laughing whilst in conversation with him. I was promised to have my frames delivered on Friday 19.04.18 by a manager. I called them on Thursday just confirmed that delivery is taking place on Friday, to be told it's been delivered to their warehouse on Friday and I would have it on Monday. This is what sort of company you are dealing with. Spoke to my joiner who was kind enough to understand and re-arranged the install from 16.04.18 and squeezed me in for 21.04.18 to now tell him again that it was not going to happen again. He kindly agreed to pick them up for me and they have refused. Honestly STAY AWAY FROM BSO. There are many companies like it that would value your custom. STAY AWAY. STAY AWAY."
"I purchased six packs of bathroom tiles from BSO for a refurbishment that I was carrying out. The first sign of trouble was their rude delivery man who, when asked to at least drop off my purchase at the front door, snapped, "You're lucky that I didn't leave it in the street". To add insult to injury was the fact that the colour of the tiles did not resemble those advertised on the website - they were a much lighter grey. The plot thickened when it emerged that BSO does not like to be telephoned by customers for much of anything. All my correspondence had to be handled by e-mail with an employee who seemed unable to grasp that I was asking the company to collect their tiles and refund my money. When the penny finally dropped, she stated that I had to arrange my own collection and delivery of 120kg of tiles. At that point, BSO would decide whether to provide a partial refund. Terrible customer service, but very happy to take and keep your money. Avoid BSO like the plague."
Steve Sinnott
Unverified Reviewer
"We ordered some doors for these crooks. Doors arrived damaged and were taken in by a neighbour whilst we were away. These doors cost over £200 and when I rang BSO I was told that there was nothing they would or could do. Terrible service STAY AWAY, thank god we paid on a credit card."
"I never ever recomend these guys at all. It was my worst experience in my life!! They do not reply emails, do not communicate, they just simply DO NOT CARE. It is better to pay bit more, rather waist your time, lose temper, make a proper standstill with ongoing project. I have bought 2 Velux windows + flashings. Windows has not been delivered on that day. No reason why. Arrived next day, but I had to rearrange. Flashings had to deliver after 1 week. Parcell did not come. No text, call, email, response. After making pressure every hour, I received an email saying "your item been damaged". Had to wait another 5 days to get it. I think if they would received fines of not doing job properly, they would changed company strategy. Thanks for your time."
"A 14-day return policy - absolute nonsense. Unresponsive company and unwilling to do exchanges. Save your money and shop elsewhere."
"I wished I had read reviews before i went on this nightmare journey, wrong door delivered and they expected us to return this door at our expense before they would deliver another, eventually had to agree, that was a month ago and no one has contacted me to arrange a collection. like others DONT ORDER."
"Worse company ever wish i had stayed with original company Builder Depot, BSO claim they had our internal doors them in stock even sent us an email we have been without internal doors 3 months. contacted the manufacturer "deanta doors " and they said they were delivering doors to BSO beginning of December, also got a text saying our doors will be delivered 20th December now BSO said they will not. they have taken nearly £700 of our money and have left us waiting. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY"
"Avoid if you can. Had the worst time with these guys. They sell stuff claiming it's in stock, which is not true. They also claim they can deliver fast which is not true either. After receiving my order, they placed it with another supplier and subsequently a cowboy delivery company. All that without keeping me in the loop. After they were way late, they promised a new delivery date, which they also missed. I'm still having to live without a bathroom simply because these guys didn't deliver the goods, which put the whole refurb project on hold for at least 10 days (them being late, then me having to order same stuff somewhere else). No phone support (unless you phone sales and force them into supporting you). The chat is a joke because they can say whatever they like and not stick to it. The emails don't get replied."
"Late delivery, 10 days. terrible customer service. Avoid like the plague"
"Worse customer experience ever! Good were damaged and had to fight to get a refund. No phone number and not responsive to emails. AVOID!!!!!! AWFUL!!!!"
"The worst on-line company I have ever come across. Customer Service is non existent and once they have your money they will screw you as quick as possible. Delivery Times on the website are a lie and returns policy an utter joke. I recommend you pay a little extra and buy from a company that values their customers more, of which there are many."
Mrs D Stangroom
"The product choice is excellent. The prices are very competitive and delivery first class."
"Ordered Laura Ashley floor tiles with them as they had best price online. They called the next day to arrange delivery. Arrived all perfect as promised Very pleased with product and their service. Would use again."
Veronika Lorenser
"Review for Building Supplies Online (BSO): I ordered a few bathroom items (about £1,000 value), about 2 weeks before the scheduled installation. ALL three items that I ordered had issues: the Hudson & Reed radiator had a dent on the bottom, one of the VADO taps arrived without screws and at the other wall mounted VADO tap the two handles (looking like a hyphen when in shut position) wouldn't be completely horizontal after they were mounted. All items were delivered more than a week after I had ordered them, which made the window until installation very narrow. I reached out for the radiator immediately (it came with the first shipment) and didn't get a response until a few days later, so I asked for a partial refund since the radiator had to be installed. (it is working, but as mentioned above, has a dent on one of the feet and is not completely flush with the floor). The problem with the missing parts and the valves did not appear until the installation and I flagged it immediately with BSO, but never got an answer other than when the items are installed they are functional and hence I have not right for any exchange/refund whatsoever. 6 emails and 4 calls later I had not received any reimbursement for the damaged/faulty items or the missing screws for the top-mounted tap. I asked them several times for the VADO contact to order the screws myself since they were not taking care of the missing parts. Yesterday, I finally received a package with the screws. 3 months after I had ordered the taps. This whole online shopping experience was SO disappointing, I have never had so many problems with an online company. If they had said they'd give me a 5 or 10% voucher for their shop for future purchases I would have happily have recommended them and used them for future projects. The way they handled all my requests I can only say: stay away from BSO and go with a company that has good customer service - a cheaper price is not worth the nerves and time you have to put in to get everything you need."
BSO is rated 1.57 based on 14 reviews