“I purchased an Xbox one game yesterday. I got the code almost instantly, as always. However, the code did not work, it just switched back to the store dashboard. When I tried it again it said the code was used.
Customer ‘support’ claimed the code was used and I was told to contact Microsoft. Microsoft said the code was used and that I did not own the game. CDKeys said that they were not able to refund because the code was not used when sent. When I asked for proof of this, I stopped receiving emails.”
“I purchased an expansion for a game from them to play through origin. After 61 hours of gameplay this expansion disappeared, I contacted EA and they informed me that CD Keys had requested my key be deactivated! I was never informed this was going to happen or that it had even happened. I was issued a refund but I've never been given an explanation as to why they disabled my game other than a "technical issue" and honestly I no longer trust that they wouldn't do this again. The biggest issue is that because THEY disabled the code EA doesn't think I own the game but Origin does! So It shows up in my Origin account but is unplayable! I can't even re-purchase the game and I've had to contact Origin and ask them to correct this because CD keys messed up! It took a week to get an answer from EA and its taken another week to be told by CD keys that to be able to re purchase the game I have to contact Origin and ask them to sort it! DO NOT RISK BUYING FROM THEM.”
“Unlike other people who seem to be paying and not getting the product,cd keys simply won’t take my money.
I tried usin 2 different accounts and some orders went through and others didn’t,so I emailed to ask why after multiple failed attempts.
I was told it’s a cache problem or browser/device, so used both accounts on a different browser then different device and still nothing ,I then get my mam to use end device and create account and still nothing,so now there’s no link between email addresses or devices, I contact and all I get is a reply with them saying hi ,their name and copy and past elf the error email i already had, upon replying to that asking how to order,all they did was reply back saying sorry our review team cancelled your order, you’ll be refunded within 10 days (I was never charged) ,we hope to welcome you back.
Well they cant welcome me back because I cant purchase in the first place and they seem unwilling to explain how to order”
“I would say i bought a 12 month xbox live subscription. This came immediately and worked, which looking at the comments is a shock. The day after i was bombarded by e-mails of security alerts and then my Microsoft account was hacked and then taken over. Seems strange that i had zero problems until i opened the e-mail from cdkeys and used the code. After reading these reviews that i wish had of seen before i ordered, so people have had the same experience.”
“Was sent an invalid key; customer service refuses to fix the problem, so they've stolen my money. It doesn't end there though. They flag bad reviews on Trustpilot trying to get them deleted. Very shady company! I would avoid at all costs!”
“Still no word from cdkeys hot a £15 pounds gift card for son on line put the code in and it tune out the code was no good be back to cdkey all they do is see xbox support for help been they and done that it down cdkeys to fix it so plz keep away from them they take your cash but no help from them when it not right”
“Shambles of customer service. Ordered code for £10 for sons Fortnite and when it was inputted was immediately told it had expired. CDkeys have had 3 weeks now to fix it and refund but still haven’t. They’ve now asked me 3 times to take a photo of the error code which I’ve done and I’m still waiting. Dreadful. A once loyal customer will not be back”
“I purchased 2 Xbox ultimate game passes as a Christmas present for my sons. Put the codes in and they were both region locked on a global key. Contacted CD keys who told me to try again and to contact Microsoft. I tried again, same result, contacted Microsoft and they tested the codes and said both were deactivated and to contact the seller. I contacted CD Keys who just just said that they could not help and refused to refund or replace. I did not accept this reply as it’s a faulty product that they have sold me. Contacted CD keys again on Twitter, Facebook and via email support. No reply, no help whatsoever, just ignored. £55 and a Christmas present down the drain!”
“I bought an expansion pack for my 13 year old son. It was with his savings.
The key did not work, CDKeys told me it did work. ???
After about 5 e mails I gave up. They are very unhelpful. I detest them most of all, not for stealing from a child, but for not having the decency to bother to find out more about our problem. He lost 4 weeks pocket money on a fake key. Please do not buy from this fake site. It leaves a horrid feeling being ripped off. Avoid.”
“The key CDKeys.com sold us didn't work, and to this day we don’t know the reason.
From the beginning the attitude from CDKeys support staff was pretty much: "We have your money, the code looks fine our end, we don't give a monkeys if you're still having problems or what they might be, go away and don't bother us." And you are literally blocked - CDKeys Support ceased to reply to me, even after having been nothing but courteous and very patient with them from the beginning. I have the emails to prove it.
This situation to me is a bit like buying a car and a few days later having concerns about the tires or finding that the engine won't start, and the only response you get is "Unfortunately, according to us, the car was fine the day we sold it to you, so deal with it and go away."
From looking at other reviews online, if you're lucky and you don't have a problem with the code you get, it looks like you can get some good deals from them. However, if like me you do have a problem, expect support like I've outlined: tough luck if you've paid for something that doesn't work, you're on your own. Because as we’ve experienced, CDKeys does not care what the customer experience actually is. All CDKeys cares about it seems, is that they have your money.
I'm sorry, but to me the heart of this way of doing business is rotten to the core. Handing over cash to CDKeys is clearly a lottery, one that we refuse to partake in, and they will not be getting our business again.
To try and end on a helpful note, here’s what I think good customer service looks like, and I hold CDKeys responsible because I am one of their customers: we have paid them to be able to use a game, and we can’t download it, and they’ve kept our money:
1. Responsibility should not begin and end with the alleged (we only have their word for it) suitability of a cypher that’s been sold. We have paid to be able to use a game, a gift for me, and I can’t download it. The technology you’ve chosen to facilitate that objective along with its validity is neither here nor there, because it doesn’t solve the problem; I still cannot download the game we paid you for.
2. Being helpful instead of dismissive. You’ve taken our money, you claim everything is fine your end, and therefore that’s the end of the story? You stop replying to me? Really? Well everything is not fine: I cannot use the code you sold me for the stated purpose.
3. Go the extra mile. If technical issues might be a cause, I’d expect helpful advice on how to solve them. Not silence. If it looks like a third party might be responsible (like a game site hosting a download and where a key must be redeemed), I’d expect at least some rudimentary knowledge of that third party’s systems, again coupled with expert advice on what to try to solve the problem, or to be directed to the relevant persons, after all you are partnering with them to achieve your sales. I don’t expect silence.
4. Not being left with the feeling that we’ve been robbed. And of a Christmas present no less. I have no problem with CDKeys concluding internally that the problem may lie elsewhere, but I do mind when those actions leave us feeling this way, and that we are well and truly on our own with seemingly no recourse. Is piracy too strong a word? Maybe it is, maybe it isn’t.
5. I don’t think it should be too much to ask any Support department for help in identifying the cause of a problem, but with CDKeys, it seems to be. I have no idea why the code they sold us doesn’t work, and they’ve not helped me at all in trying to find the cause. And as a paying customer, I really feel it should be their responsibility and not ours to get to the bottom of the matter and provide a solution, not slam the door shut and leave us hanging out to dry.
“I purchased a game key in late November as a gift for a family member. Went to redeem the game but some thief had already redeemed the code in early December and let me stress it was not me!!! CDKEYS told me to contact Microsoft Xbox who confirmed that somebody had redeemed the game in early December. I go back to CDKEYS with this evidence, but they want nothing to do with reimbursing me my money or even being decent enough to give me a new key. I am well angy with CDKEYS and would not recommend you go anywhere near them if you buy a game and its stolen by a hacker in Russia for example and CDKEYS tell you to get lost. CDKEYS ARE A JOKE!!!”
“Wont refund cyberpunk 2077.
Be wary of cdkeys. If any issues they refuse to help. Even though everyone else is refunded cyberpunk 2077, they point blank refuse.
Avoid like the plague, stick with legit companies”