Energia Reviews

of reviewers recommend Energia

Tell us how Energia made you happy
Switched to Energia a couple of years ago - paid monthly tariff of €78 .. then it went up to €101 and then up to €159 per month. I've never missed a payment. Then earlier this year, out of blue they tell me my electricity bill is €1,200. They apologised that they didn't do a proper meter reading in sometime and have a 'catch up bill'. Now I'm left with a debt of €1,200!
I have been a customer for over a year, everything has always been fine. I have always submitted my reading and for the first time, there was an actual reading submitted which was 5x more expensive than my actual usage. I have pictures of all of my readings to prove my usage. I tried to resolve this with their customer service for about a month, spent a lot of time and money between emails and phone calls and the response in the end was that this is correct and there's nothing they can do about it. They are claiming my meter was changed by EBS but I have confirmed with my landlord and it is still the same. Not only they have charged me 5x more than my usage (which I have prove of), their customer service has not been useful at all. I am closing my account and if you are considering changing providers, do not come to Energia, it's not worth it.
I had a level pay monthly direct debit that covered my bills and all of a sudden Im hit with an extra bill of nearly €500 .. It was agreed my direct debit fee would cover and if not it would be changed and I would be given notice . Spent an hour today on the phone to get nowhere..Ive had to switch provider and I have a better discount now with board gais
I was very surprised and disappointed to here Energia have no free call or local phone number to call for a qoute. I did make a call, and now my phone network told me it cost me 7. 50 cent for 5 to 7 minutes. I will not be recommending this company to my friends. I decided to ho with Bordgais instead
I had reason to contact Energia recently in relation to my bill. I got to speak to a lady named Kate . Great experience for me to speak with someone who knew what they were talking about. She understood my problem - explained to me how it could be resolved & resolved it for me. Excellent customer service . Energia replied to my email within 16-/18 hours
My ESB bill has never been higher €190 a month, family of 4, 4 bed house, prices have gone up in the last week, so glad I left them. Rip off an
Dishonest customer service - was told by phone that I had no outstanding balance and my 12 set monthly payments had covered my consumption. Pleasantly surprised I renewed my contract for another 12 months with similar unit prices only to be told 1 month into the contract that my gas & electricity monthly bill payment has gone up by €70 because I did in fact have an outstanding balance of €450. Even an additional €70 per month over 12 months doesn't make sense to me as this adds up to €840.
Customer Care passed me through to Energy supply section and was told there was no engineers in my area in the last 5 months to fit the Free Netamo Smart Thermostat i received for switching suppliers.
Had a great experience. Quick switch and very helpful staff
I switched recently and the savings on the first bill are definitely noticeable. Customer service were also very helpful with an issue I had with my meter reading.
Parents got a great deal!
My electric bill averaged 120 eure every 2 months. I now get a bill for 389 euro, why?
Customer care very poor. Every representative I dealt with (including complaints) just played for time and kept putting me off.
Dishonest pricing, two representatives of the same company offering different unit rates and discounts, one is apparently able to offer more discounts than the other, not genuinely serious about customer retention, best avoided
Offering new customers a much better rate than current customers. All other suppliers were actually cheaper when I rang around. Very disappointed.
I have moved house. It took 10 days for the information about the electricity supply to come from Energia - Flogas took 2 days for the gas supply information. The most memorable thing in the Energia communication was the warning about a reconnection fee. I made a couple of attempts to contact them by phone - just to let them know I had made alternative arrangements: first time it was 8.50 in the morning and they were not open. The second time I waited for a few minutes but eventually hung up. I will not be rushing to do business with them.
After receiving a faulty set of scales Energia responded well by sending out a new set. The scales are such good value I bought another set for my brother. The supporting application works well with regular updates introducing positive modifications. Pleased and satisfied.
They have excellent customer service and best value for money for my energy needs
Energia is rated 2.39 based on 18 reviews