FamilyGoKarts Reviews

50% of reviewers recommend FamilyGoKarts
6PM
6PM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact FamilyGoKarts?

Tell us how FamilyGoKarts made you happy

Telephone
"I want to warn people from using FamilyGoKarts.com. We have had a frustrating experience with them, as they don’t seem to be a reputable business. A quick summary: We ordered an electric ATV (Sonora Model) for $470 on December 8th, 2018. This was to be a Christmas present for my children. Originally, it was to be delivered on Dec 20th, but the truck driver supposedly “forgot to put it on the truck”, and so it wasn’t delivered until Dec 27th. We charged up the battery, and then tested it out. It seemed to work fine for 20 minutes, but it then started lurching and not driving properly. They had me test the battery, then determined that the controller was bad. They shipped me a new one, but it came in a larger box that necessary, with NO padding, and NO instructions. When I requested instructions, the technician basically said “just replace it”. When I continued asking for instructions, he finally sent a 2-year old document that wasn’t even for the model I had, and some of the controller’s connectors were labeled in Chinese (which of course the document didn’t cover.) I finally decided to return the product, since we weren’t getting anywhere, and at that point the owner said I was responsible for return shipping. When I called Saia for a quote, they said it would be $674! To return it to Texas was $383 (where the unit originally shipped from). After complaining, the owner mentioned he had a discount with Saia, for “only” $199, and that due to their generous nature, they would waive the $169 “restocking fee”. So, if you want to take a chance and order from them, and it gets damaged in shipping or stops working immediately, you will be on the hook for at least $199, and maybe another $169 if they don’t feel particularly generous that day. So you could be out $368 of your $470 purchase. We are going to file complaints with the BBB and dispute the charge with our credit card company."
Are you FamilyGoKarts? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"SCAM! GO ELSEWHERE! BEWARE! Customer service is a joke! Product received broke 2 days after Christmas. Sent an email. Was asked to upload pics. I did. Waited a month for a response. Had no idea I had uploaded pics and asked me to again. I told them I did. Waited and received questions like "why did you take this pic?" Ummm, it's a wheel in my hand that broke off?! Called today, lady answering the phone was one of the rudest individuals I have ever spoken to. Refused to put the person I was requesting to talk to on the phone and then hung up on me. A month and a half, no resolve, broken dune buggy. Was MORE that friendly when I was placing a 3k order....liar and used car salesman. STAY AWAY AND FIND ANOTHER VENDOR!!!!!"
"Purchased 2 tao tao hellcats. Don't waste your or money they are gonna send you damaged products guaranteed. Then give you the run around send you the wrong parts then you end up just saying screw it and filing a complaint with the BBB and requesting a refund. This company is a joke."
"We purchased 2 Go Karts from Family Go Karts, one of which arrived damaged from the trucking company. They took care of our issues immediately and did everything in their power to be sure we were 100% satisfied. And we are!"
"Great service and very affordable prices when shopping for my kids ATV. I simply could not afford the cost of Japanese models. I took a chance on the Chinese ATV and couldn't be happier. It's held up very well for over 2 years now with no troubles at all. He's about to outgrow it and pass it down to his little brother. I saved a LOT of money over a Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki or Suzuki from a local dealer, and the quad is just as much fun for them to ride!"
"yes good service"