Gladiator.co.uk Reviews

39% of reviewers recommend Gladiator.co.uk
3PM
3PM

Tell us how Gladiator.co.uk made you happy

"Had my parked Transporter hit whilst on holiday in Spain and despite getting a liability form signed by the 3rd party and police we have still not been able to claim for our losses. We were left stranded in Spain with no transport no way of getting ourselves home. We hired a car which we had to pay for and not been repaid we have lost our no claims and are arguing over the cost of repairs that we had to pay upfront. We are over £3000 out of pocket and had £550 from Gladiator."
Are you Gladiator.co.uk? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Gladiator.co.uk receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"Awful… just awful!! Direct debits popping out on not the confirmed date but whenever they felt like it by looks (and they still charge you if it bounces because "its a computer error" !?!). Only contact by paper and not email or phone (even though you have to confirm these before you talk to someone!). People who answer the phones are very polite even though they only read from a screen but they do repeat themselves a lot when they haven't got the correct answer. Just had the quote for next year and Gladiator are DOUBLE the price of the post office and other quoters. Horrendous company with a out of date computer system it seems!"
"My car was stolen on August 19th. 21 days on from the incident and I have had barely any correspondence from gladiator. On Monday 10th September I was made aware that the hire car I had paid for needed to be picked up on the 11th September. This gave me less than 24 hours notice to sort my circumstances out. I called gladiator twice on Monday 10th requesting a call back as to why I was going to be left without a vehicle when they had not processed my claim fully. No call back was received which led to me chasing gladiator off my own back on the Tuesday. The only coresspondance I had received was an email on Monday 10th to say that they would be sending an investigator out to take a written statement from me, the email also stated that the investigator would be in touch “soon”, giving me no more of an idea of how long this process would take to conclude. Having had my car stolen 21 days ago and the company having a policy of only hiring cars for 21 days it seems diabolical to me that they would not proceed through the process more urgently. Having paid a full years insurance I feel totally let down that I am left without transport which means I can not work. After speaking to gladiator throughout the day on 11th September nothing was concluded, no time frame given and most of all no empathy towards my situation. Had I been kept more in formed with the goings on instead of not hearing a single thing from gladiator over a two and a half week period I could of planned things better. On top of this they didn’t even have the dates correct for when the hire car should be returned and it is still sitting on my drive way! The way that the policies are played out when you need to use your insurance in horrific circumstances is disgusting and quite frankly causes their customers to feel very let down. This is the first time I have ever seen an insurance company deal with a situation so badly when the insurance company should be there to help their customers through out! I would never use them again for insurance and would advise others not to."
"Having written my van off (no third party) I had to buy a new one fast it took gladiator four weeks to pay me and they paid half the true value of the vehicle insisting there payout was correct and dealers inflate their prices so they can discount .Not by 50%.Not a company to trust ,go elsewhere!"
"Watch out for auto-renewal don't pay with your debit card or visa because you have to cancel with them your bank cannot cancel payment"
"Policy may be cheap but come to cancel and they completely rip you off don’t use them take your business elsewhere"
"Brilliant service will recommend to anyone"
"Shocking customer service. Added a named driver to the policy which as I expected increased my policy, but when I came to remove the name driver three months later, my personal policy doubled in price, when discussed with the 'customer service assistant' he said 'well you are free to cancel the policy at anytime Sir' to which I relied okay lets cancel it to which he relied 'that's a further £49 for cancelling'"
"worst insurance company i have ever delt with because i changed my job they cancelled my insurance i wasnt even using my van to travel to work i use my push bike. i will never deal with them again and the manager wouldnt come to speak to me on the phone. just take a look at all the other reviews below Rubbish Company"
"i got my van insured, they wanted more paper work that i sent to them. we went away on holiday for two weeks and i received an email while away to say they wanted more paper work, i email back to say we are away for another 5 days. on my return they have cancelled my insurance and charged me £160 ???????????? keep away plenty more out there. bert king"
"terrible service"
"I changed a mailing address on our policy, company vehicle is not kept at this new address which they are aware of. They cancelled the policy as a result because they didn't like my new mailing address. Unbelievable that this company are still in business if the have Policies such as this. I sincerely hope they go bust very soon."
"Checked this out whilst looking at insurance. Amazing how many will complain when it’s actually their fault (not everyone obviously) The guy that was surprised that his policy was cancelled for having six points that he failed to mention. The guy upset because his policy cancelled when his payment wasn’t met. The man that was surprised that someone (his partner) couldn’t cancel his policy for him (but would have been pissed off if driving around with no insurance because his disgruntled ex had called in). The chap that thought his third party insurance was too expensive because his van was only worth £500 but with no thought that he’s being insured against hitting a far more valuable vehicle or worse, hitting a person. I’m not sure how many customers they have but these negative comments are just wasting everyone’s time, and reflect a tiny portion of their customers. If you have a genuine concern, voice it. If you want to gripe because you messed up, keep it to yourself So I gave them 5 stars because I found there service superb"
"Worst company I’ve ever been with"
"I would say there customer service must be one of the worst in the industry. They cancelled my policy for not receiving documents, even though I sent them and I had the email to prove it. Then they did not refund my £1,300 and kept hold of it to earn interest on. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!"
"Had Gladiator policy for a year on my truck, came to change vehicle and they said they could not isure it so passed me over to sister company Admiral! They insured it and said I needed to cancel the old Gladiator policy which I did, Gladiator charged me £50.00 fee for moving to sister company. They are nothing but a bunch of rip-off con merchants. I am putting in an official complaint to them, then FSCS then FCA. They need closing down"
"TRIED TO ADD A TEMPORARY DRIVER TO COVER A HOLIDAY, LIKE I HAVE BEFORE, WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM ON MANY OCCASIONS OVER THE LAST 6 YEARS AND WAS REFUSED POINT BLANK. HAD TO BUY A POLICY FROM ANOTHER COMPANY JUST TO COVER TWO POXY WEEKS HOLIDAY. NEVER EVER USE THEM AGAIN. THEIR LOSS AS I'VE SPENT OVER 10 GRAND WITH GLADIATOR OVER THE PAST FEW YEARS."
"I thought I was paying £164 pound for a second van worth £1100 third party fire and theft I have over 9 years no claims on my main van they asked for proof of no claims I sent it through then next thing get an email saying there taking a further £240 because I should of said I had no no claims bonus on the second van , i rung up to query this they said I could cancel I would get £99 refund from £164 for 14 days insurance I had or they would give me £124 towards another policy i chose to cancel and have gone elsewhere for insurance and with the no claims on the second van I'm still only paying £170 with the new company . I'm waiting for my refund from gladiator will not use them again"
Gladiator.co.uk is rated 2.54 based on 84 reviews