Hyperoptic Reviews

1.4
Based on 39 reviews
Avg Email Response Time
51.86 minutes

Tell us how Hyperoptic made you happy
Excellent costumer service. Hyperoptic has the best product on the market at the moment.
I have always liked Hyperoptic as a broadband supplier and their customer support is great but I’m not a big fan to write reviews but I will go out of my way this time to make sure I let everyone know that as a supplier for broadband they are excellent but their connection is never what you take, many time way lower than what you’re paying. They will always come back to say it’s your fault because you’re not plugged in with a cable or they can guarantee technology and many insignificant stupidities like these, it’s basically always the customers fault. I as a user was never sent an email to say that my contract was over and they started to charge me over almost double of what I was paying. I have now asked them to renegotiate my contract to £22/month for 150mb and they say that their minimum is £28. I called support again and another lady gave me £25, same again, called and another £27. Today I called £24 is their lowest. I went on Vouchercodes and it says £120 promo code off with your 150mb package but when you click through it goes to a package of £35/month.... WHAT THE HELL! this is not a strategy campaign, this is full on a Scam, we are not in some random country with no laws, this is the UK and their are clearly laws against this type of marketing. I have already reported you for this as I have recorded the calls and links of the different sites with all different prices.
Hyperoptic hides the fact that they share your IP. Most Internet providers do not do that, because it creates a wealth of insolvable problems for the end-user. When confronted with this hidden sabotage, hyperoptic demands an extra 5 pounds monthly to stop sharing your IP and thus bring you to a similar setup as what most other Internet providers obviously do for free. This is extortion.
They can't tell the truth, the service is poor and goes down all the time. Supposedly guaranteed, but never deliver and never provide a solution. They lie, like a cheap Seiko watch
I believed their hype and moved from Sky in May 2020.... worst decision I have ever made. 7 outages since July last year, each lasting just under the time where I’m entitled to compensation. Appalling service and will be leaving the minute my contract is up and going back to a company who actually provides broadband professionally!
Got into my new home with all the hyperoptic equipment, 20 mins to activate, this never happend, dont know what to do so they request a ticket for an engineer, have not heard anything its not like broadband is a luxury item these days, they ahve till tomrorrow to get in touch else im afraid i will have to go BT , customer support are very nice but to be honest useless, and clueless. see what tomorrow brings
Signed up and arranged to have Hyperoptic install and set up the internet at my flat. Arranged to have it set up at an arranged time, it was just a matter of waiting for the engineer at the scheduled time. He arrived on time and came into drill a hole above the flat door (standard procedure in their set up protocol) he came to us and said he didn't have a drill bit long enough to do the job and they would be in touch. When I checked the online portal, it had a message apologising for the 'non-installation' and they will be in touch shortly. The next day I received a automated text message informing me that I had decided not to go ahead with the installation. No contact and still without internet for another week. Don't rely on getting this service just because you're in the catchment area.
Bunch of cowboys avoid. Installer was clueless, he didn't know which lines he was connecting. Unit was connected to the wrong power supply in the building, so the cabinet is constantly beeping. Good luck contacting customer services to resolve any complaint.
Hyperoptic is rated 1.4 based on 39 reviews