Hyperoptic Reviews

of reviewers recommend Hyperoptic
Avg Email Response Time
51.86 minutes

Tell us how Hyperoptic made you happy
On one hand the customer service and broadband service provided are very good, however I moved home due to finances and Covid and Hyperoptic were unable to supply me in my new home. They charge an extortionate cancellation fee where other companies were understanding and let any charge required disappear, not Hyperoptic. Would not have minded if they could have provided broadband for me and I failed to take it. This has left a sour taste in my mouth and would now never use Hyperoptic again. Be careful if you rent, or your finances change. always sign up to the monthly contract.

Update from response on TrustPilot Have now had a response from a Hyperoptic , so much for the -we don’t want you to feel this way and will reach out to discuss email as in their response, but more a justification email full of terms and conditions. More a tough luck email. Nice empathetic company in these times.
I believed their hype and moved from Sky in May 2020.... worst decision I have ever made. 7 outages since July last year, each lasting just under the time where I’m entitled to compensation. Appalling service and will be leaving the minute my contract is up and going back to a company who actually provides broadband professionally!
Every year the same history!

Yes, every year if you want to renew with these guys you better just CANCEL the service and become a NEW CLIENT. Trust me!

This time I'm just shocked, I decided to try replying the renovation options email and I actually could get Jovana to agree with the "management" to give me 150Mbps for £25 a month (that's a £4 discount goodwill gesture that they applied on my account).

After 2 weeks I decided to check if I could instead go with 250Mbps that is £3 extra a month. Do you know what the "management" said?

"No Felipe, if you go with 250Mbps you will lose the £4 goodwill discount, which means you will have to pay £7 extra a month!"

Yes, that's Hyperoptic but now I'm in a horrible situation, I have 12 months with them and will need to wait that to cancel it again and become a new customer and pay £20 a month for 150Mbps, or even less if you count the cashback with Quidco for example.

CANCEL every year and become a NEW CLIENT, that's the only way to go with Hyperoptic.
Got into my new home with all the hyperoptic equipment, 20 mins to activate, this never happend, dont know what to do so they request a ticket for an engineer, have not heard anything
its not like broadband is a luxury item these days, they ahve till tomrorrow to get in touch else im afraid i will have to go BT ,
customer support are very nice but to be honest useless, and clueless.
see what tomorrow brings
The appointment for installing the service was on Sep the 8th. On that day and after the appointment time was passed, I recieved an email saying that my appointment is now Sep 25 !!!!! What! Many calls with the clueless customer service but with no luck! They don't care if you have no internet for 17 days!
After being a customer for 2 years when my contract was up for renewal my current package was put up £4.No loyalty discount or reduction to their packages due to countries current situation with everyone losing their jobs due to covid-19, so just one more thing for me to worry about finding more money that l haven't got! #ShameOnYouHyperoptic
They are the best Im so happy with the servise.
Signed up and arranged to have Hyperoptic install and set up the internet at my flat. Arranged to have it set up at an arranged time, it was just a matter of waiting for the engineer at the scheduled time.

He arrived on time and came into drill a hole above the flat door (standard procedure in their set up protocol) he came to us and said he didn't have a drill bit long enough to do the job and they would be in touch. When I checked the online portal, it had a message apologising for the 'non-installation' and they will be in touch shortly.

The next day I received a automated text message informing me that I had decided not to go ahead with the installation.

No contact and still without internet for another week. Don't rely on getting this service just because you're in the catchment area.

I have always liked Hyperoptic as a broadband supplier and their customer support is great but I’m not a big fan to write reviews but I will go out of my way this time to make sure I let everyone know that as a supplier for broadband they are excellent but their connection is never what you take, many time way lower than what you’re paying. They will always come back to say it’s your fault because you’re not plugged in with a cable or they can guarantee technology and many insignificant stupidities like these, it’s basically always the customers fault.

I as a user was never sent an email to say that my contract was over and they started to charge me over almost double of what I was paying.
I have now asked them to renegotiate my contract to £22/month for 150mb and they say that their minimum is £28. I called support again and another lady gave me £25, same again, called and another £27. Today I called £24 is their lowest.
I went on Vouchercodes and it says £120 promo code off with your 150mb package but when you click through it goes to a package of £35/month.... WHAT THE HELL! this is not a strategy campaign, this is full on a Scam, we are not in some random country with no laws, this is the UK and their are clearly laws against this type of marketing. I have already reported you for this as I have recorded the calls and links of the different sites with all different prices.
Good customer service
Bunch of cowboys avoid. Installer was clueless, he didn't know which lines he was connecting. Unit was connected to the wrong power supply in the building, so the cabinet is constantly beeping. Good luck contacting customer services to resolve any complaint.
decent service
Excellent costumer service. Hyperoptic has the best product on the market at the moment.
Hyperoptic is rated 2.00 based on 14 reviews