InterNations GmbH Reviews

of reviewers recommend InterNations GmbH

Tell us how InterNations GmbH made you happy
They are simply a scam organisation.
They will steal your money and when you dont agree to pay, they will threaten you like a mafia group.
DO NOT USE

Customer Support is disgracefully bad.

There is no email reminder for upgrading to a paid membership. No refunds.

If you are a woman, expect to have a lot of connections looking for romantic "catch-ups".

DISGRACE.
It's THIEF site!!! DO NOT USE! Don't fall in the trap!
They were masking the automaticaly activated autorenewal option and later, they autorenew and charge for the whole year, without sending you informational e-mail before they renew your subscription. When politely asked to cancel the renewal, just a day or two after the renewed subscription, they were acting rude and unpolite, puting themself on the first place, hiding behind some german laws, like pu*sies. The customer is placed always on the last place.
It is a total scam. During pandemic they provide no events though Ipaid them for whole year subscription. More than 6 month of that there was no event. Just online event created with random people which you can find all over the internet. Users subscribe for real events not online events. When I emailed them asking why they want me to subscribe they send me email ignoring they don't provide any real event.
They cancelled my access after i declare unfair payment system in their forums.
never give your credit card number. they charge you without any notification. impossible to downgrade your membership.
I canceled my account with Internet internations in July 2020 and now they are charging my credit card for a full year subscription. They refused to refund me and they say I have to wait another year. This is outrageous they are stealing from me!
Devious Billing Practice

Just like others, I signed up for their 1 month free Albatros membership. Without any warning, this free membership got auto renewed to a year.

If InterNations wants, they can very easily send an automated email reminder about renewal to all its consumers. But InterNations will not send ANY reminder. Their response is:

1- "information is available in Terms & Conditions"
2- YOU agreed to the Terms & Conditions
3- So it is your responsibility and because you failed to remember, you have to pay up now!

Frankly for me, this is a very MEDIEVAL and DEVIOUS billing practice. InterNation's business model is to trick and abuse innocent & busy consumers.

Today, consumers are used to trusting "ethical websites". Other ethical websites that work on subscription, send reminders about membership renewal and also freely offer refunds incase their is any confusion! For such ethical websites, CONSUMER IS KING.

But InterNations just wants to trick and abuse innocent consumers with "legal arguments". FOR InterNations, CONSUMER IS AN ILLITERATE WHO SHOULD BE ROBBED.

For a social network site that depends on consumers to survive, InterNations is destroying their consumer trust. Why are they doing this? Who knows! It is disgusting and gives other online websites a bad name. I hope someone makes an example of this devious company.

STAY AWAY!!!
Devious Billing Practice

1- "information is available in Terms & Conditions"
2- YOU agreed to the Terms & Conditions

STAY AWAY!!!
They will continue to bill you even after your yearly membership has expired. They threaten you with legal action if you do not pay the whole yearly amount even if you do not want to be part of it. They are a scam.
basically the same most of the review writers have written already. No meeting since 10 months. Sure they hide behind Covid, but this also mean they didn't honour their part of the promises they made.
Luckily my Credit Card expired and now they are threatening me for payment and asking for giving them my new credit card details.
Because of their many unfriendly mails , I was nearly about to give in , untilI read the reviews of other people who feel cheated by their organisation. Don't ever give them your credit card details or they will charge with whatever forever .
I am very dissapointed and disgraced by the messages I received from some guys on internations. I thought this social network is to connect with expats, attend some quality events and all not to receive twinkles and hook up mesages. Just because of this reason I had to change my profile picture from formal to show that I am in a relationship. Then I realised when I send friend requests to people that sends me twinkles I receive messages from them like ' I only accept friends that I personally know them and met them. I hope I can add you one day' after I changed my profile picture. Internations has turned in dating site unfortunately. I will post all of them on instagram and not recommend this website to anyone as It does not provide anything quality but disgust. And seriously wtf with twinkles, what is it all about?
Do NOT sign up with InterNations! I have downgraded and cancelled the annual renewal services through the InterNation App, but I have still been charged for renewal without my knowledge, consent, against my will. I explained the situations repeatedly to their Customer Support team and request for refund as it is the issue with InterNation App and I do not wish to continue with the membership. InterNation App is bad and often crashes and do not record cancellation and downgrading correctly.

The Customer Support team wouldn’t listen to me, refused to refund and blamed me for not sending them the error messages about App issue earlier. Unpleasant, unhelpful and unreasonable customer services. Total waste of my time and effort. Would not recommend this to anyone.

The Customer Support team wouldn’t listen to me and blame me for not sending them the error messages about App issue earlier. Unpleasant, unhelpful and unreasonable customer services. Total waste of my time and effort. Would not recommend this to anyone.
Unethical company. I agree with all the bad ratings below. Same experience.
Hi all, I see all those bad reviews here and I have to say this looks like a joke.

I mean the membership allows you to go to a lot of events and usually you get a reduced entry or a free drink or both. Visiting one event means you almost got your money back. It comes for 8,95 Euro a month.

A while ago I used to go there myself in Düsseldorf/Germany. I mean you are alone in a foreign city and the they offered me the opportunity to get to know scores of persons and I made friends there. You go to the event they introduce you and you talk to people till you find somebody you like. They offer so many activities you can join in.

It is a difference whether you say Internations is not good or whether you expect it to be free. Just to say, none of you works for free right? Consider this the next time please.

I also see people saying they did not recognise they were joining into a paid scheme. Well, since you have to leave your credit card data this is difficult to imagine.
I signed up for an Albatross membership a few years ago, I had no problem with cancelling/not extending it after reading the fine print, but the whole deal was bogus. They 'organised' some 'events' in various bars that anyone could walk in for free, they just were very keen on taking my money for nothing. Met some unfriendly people as well, got emailed and contacted by people I neither wanted to get to know or who served some other scammy purpose of their own. I decided to just take my losses and bail out. Out of sheer curiosity I 'signed up' recently again, looks like the same deal. Not worth the effort/trouble.
Paid for a subscription to this website while I was traveling, looking for some meetups and to meet some other travelers. Thought nothing of it. It was a relatively nice experience

In 2019, after my subscription ran out. I wasn't allowed to access the content again until I paid to renew my subscription. That seems fair. I still wanted to use the content so I paid.

I barely used the website since then and when they repeatedly told me my subscription was going to end, I didn't care, because I no longer wanted to use the product in 2020 with the pandemic. Anyway, without my permission, they extended my subscription and sent me a ridiculous email, trying to threaten me and saying I owed them money, even though I had no current credit card in their system. That's not how things work. You cut off someone's access to content when they don't pay. Seems they got extra sketchy during the Corona pandemic and just started trying to hustle people. Sounds like a criminal to me

Now they are basically trying to extort me for something I didn't want. The weak minded people that work for them aren't allowed to say anything non PC when you contact them, so the conversation got nowhere. They just kept trying to talk about the Terms and Conditions. I'm not paying thieves and they can shove their terms and conditions up their ***. I read several reviews and it seems I'm far from the only one they tried to steal from. Looking forward to this criminal enterprise going out of business
Unethical company that deserves a negative rating if there was an option. German regulators should take a good hard look at such organisations. The ethical framework and liberal contractual policies allow these companies to blatantly violate customer rights and rip them off!!
This service might be interesting for some people but they conduct their business in a very shady way. They give you one month free but they make you provide your billing information. Then they don't send you any alert and when you forget to downgrade they take 80€ from your account, even if you didn't use the service at all!
I tried to contact both them and paypal but I couldn't get any refund. Even though I've basically never used the platform at all!
InterNations GmbH is rated 1.18 based on 55 reviews