InterNations GmbH Reviews

of reviewers recommend InterNations GmbH

Tell us how InterNations GmbH made you happy
Its the best platform to meet executive and like minded people in dubai
Hi all, I see all those bad reviews here and I have to say this looks like a joke. I mean the membership allows you to go to a lot of events and usually you get a reduced entry or a free drink or both. Visiting one event means you almost got your money back. It comes for 8,95 Euro a month. A while ago I used to go there myself in Düsseldorf/Germany. I mean you are alone in a foreign city and the they offered me the opportunity to get to know scores of persons and I made friends there. You go to the event they introduce you and you talk to people till you find somebody you like. They offer so many activities you can join in. It is a difference whether you say Internations is not good or whether you expect it to be free. Just to say, none of you works for free right? Consider this the next time please. I also see people saying they did not recognise they were joining into a paid scheme. Well, since you have to leave your credit card data this is difficult to imagine.
I think InterNations is a great community. I've met so many great friends after I moved to Germany. You can attend events, add friends and everyone's so welcoming, I love it. You can buy a membership with them which renews automatically and I see someone complained about that, but what doesn't automatically renew anymore these days? You should really be responsible and monitor your payments. I love the Albatross membership, it's a reasonable price and when I want to stop it, I just stop it. So far, it's giving me great benefits with entrance fees and being able to attend these small events that I really love cause you can really talk to people more. I would recommend InterNations for sure. I went to this cool origami activity. I took the photo there! It also has an app! Cool!
Exercise caution with this service. Inform yourself of the risk and you are less likely to have a negative experience. Be advised that standard subscription service terms do not apply. Understand that terms of membership do not reflect industry best practice. Understand your financial liability in the event you fail to uphold your obligations under the terms of your contract. Read the terms of your contract carefully. Know your obligations and be prepared to meet them. Understand that you will be held accountable for failure to comply with the terms of your contract.
I read the reviews and it is true that there is no way to opt out of the membership with InterNations. I would advise the easiest way is to call the credit card company and say you lost the credit card that you used for membership. They will send you a new card and InterNations cannot automatically renew the membership. Another concern about this organization is the scammers that try to message you. The scammers create a profile with a picture of a CEO looking guy and they always put that they work for an oil company. I complained to InterNations and never heard a word from Customer Service. It is a scam because they charge you $86 snd they make no effort to provide any type of service or discounts to access travel. So why join? Since the pandemic nothing happens except virtual events and you don’t have to pay to do that.
Met some nice people, yes, but also, met a lot of creeps, so please don't spend your money by joining, because it's better to just join by not paying and keeping your membership BASIC. Also, if you do decide to pay to join, do note that they will automatically renew you and that there are NO REFUNDS as they stated to me when requesting mine. In addition, the constant barrage of updates on meaningless things in which people are posting, (Usually looking for hookups) sometimes makes it more annoying and time-wasting than Facebook, as it begins to resemble a tasteless Craigslist Singles Ad, instead of a tasteful cultural experience...
STAY AWAY - I joined 9 years ago as basic member and attended one event (had to pay as I was regular member) now 2021 I by chance find they charged my account more than 110$ today, when checking details it turned that since 2015! They charge me annually - I never signed off for their albatross membership and more shocking - how they have my updated credit card ? They show invoices back to 2015 using my credit card w the new code I received just last year ? Now I tried to downgrade which was almost impossible to find Will consider pass this to my lawyer Also the fact that the Price from 2015 annually increased wo any approval from my side (no wonder I never agreed to this membership) Fun fact - when you manage to downgrade your status you can select the reason „why“ you cancel - one proposed reason „I never wanted a paid account“ I mean seriously?
I have been trying to delete my account for the longest time. No way of deleting it based on their instructions. They do not answer to any of the emails I have sent! very frustating that they can still have my information on their site, as they do not even allow me to change anything. SCAM, HORRIBLE SITE!!!!
It's a sort of scam. They enable the auto renewal in ways that are not really obvious. And when you realize it, is already too late. Of course they'll reply: "We operate on an automatic renewal system as a convenience for our active members so that they don’t miss out on any events blah blah"
Completely unethical business practice! Stay Away!!! Customer service and billing service is a fraudulent and illegal by all means scheme. I have been a paying customer for two years. I have removed my payment details from them, so I'm not being charged for new subscription. There is a year now that i am pushing them to allow me to delete my profile from their platform, while they are sending me late bill reminders and threatening me to continue raising bills on my name until i don't settle the Ballance. It's a complete fraud to be charged for services i have not wished and used. Who treats their customers in a such manner??? Do yourself a favor and stay away!!!
DO NOT JOIN THEM and do not give them your card details!! it's a BS company that provides nothing but scams and a terrible lack of "service". If you ever lose your mind and sign up for a membership with them, it will be automatically renewed and you will never be notified until you see your bank statement. you will have to goole it to figure out how to stop it from renewing in time. if you need to cancel, you will have to either post or fax a letter to Munich, Germany early enough to cancel. So for your own interest, Do not join them !!
I didn't get much out of my paid membership. They automatically renewed my membership without alerting me. I hadn't attended any events and didn't wish to renew. They claim that there is some kind of albatross image by your name on your profile page--and this is supposed to mean something about autorenewal??? Still not sure how you could cancel without paying them for the favor. Absolute scam and fraud of a business. Whether it's legal or not (it probably varies by location), it is definitely not fair or the ways of a legit, modern company. No reason to join this organization. There are other options.
I definitely agree to all the reviews below. Same experience. Better join facebook groups than this shitty org.
They are simply a scam organisation. They will steal your money and when you dont agree to pay, they will threaten you like a mafia group.
DO NOT USE Customer Support is disgracefully bad. There is no email reminder for upgrading to a paid membership. No refunds. If you are a woman, expect to have a lot of connections looking for romantic "catch-ups". DISGRACE.
It's THIEF site!!! DO NOT USE! Don't fall in the trap! They were masking the automaticaly activated autorenewal option and later, they autorenew and charge for the whole year, without sending you informational e-mail before they renew your subscription. When politely asked to cancel the renewal, just a day or two after the renewed subscription, they were acting rude and unpolite, puting themself on the first place, hiding behind some german laws, like pu*sies. The customer is placed always on the last place.
It is a total scam. During pandemic they provide no events though Ipaid them for whole year subscription. More than 6 month of that there was no event. Just online event created with random people which you can find all over the internet. Users subscribe for real events not online events. When I emailed them asking why they want me to subscribe they send me email ignoring they don't provide any real event.
They cancelled my access after i declare unfair payment system in their forums.
never give your credit card number. they charge you without any notification. impossible to downgrade your membership.
I canceled my account with Internet internations in July 2020 and now they are charging my credit card for a full year subscription. They refused to refund me and they say I have to wait another year. This is outrageous they are stealing from me!
InterNations GmbH is rated 1.23 based on 64 reviews