Investors Business Daily Reviews

of reviewers recommend Investors Business Daily
Telephone, Email, Live Chat
Read Investors Business Daily Reviews

About Investors Business Daily:

Our Mission is to Help You Make More Money in the Stock Market.

We accomplish our mission by delivering actionable investing content, comprehensive tools, and educational resources to help you make smarter trading decisions.

800-831-2525

12655 Beatrice St

Tell us how Investors Business Daily made you happy
I have been a loyal IBD subscriber for over 30 years. The iBD system of stock picking, although compelling, is deeply flawed and not worth your while. A simple comparison of the performance of the FFTY etf, which tracks the performance of the ibd 50,to the S&P 500 and the Nasdaq over the last 5 years will show you that it has returned half the appreciation! The quick churning of stocks when they drop 7 or 8% simply does not work. It never worked for William Oneil either. Buy and hold is the only way to beat the casino essence of the market. The investor must act like the casino and take away the clock. They have a biased toward their subscribers to churn the market which is evident by the abundant and nagging borage of endless add from the many discount brokers who will profit from a churning portfolio. The more you churn the faster you burn through your money. That said IBD is a worthwhile source of information and worth the subscription. Because when you are looking to make a good long term investment they do offer some very profitable picks. Their conservative political views can get a bit irritating which have dominated their commentary in the past. If you can cull get away from their market biases and constant pedaling of their cult like loyalty to the William O'Neil system. then the paper will serve you well. Under no circumstances should you subscribe to their myriad of other services which they are really trying to push lately.
I’ve been using Swing Trader for nearly 9 months now. Their 2020 track record was excellent however 2021 has been very poor. Basically all I earned with them in 2020 has been lost in 2031. Perhaps they need to adjust to the new market. Not sure exactly what it is but they’re the experts supposedly and that’s what we pay for. I’ll be more cautious going forward until I can see their methods working again.
Don't bother trying SwingTrader. It seems very easy when you are on the trial membership. Information is straight forward, and while not always great picks, investing is a risky business. However, when you go to the full membership the information is extremely difficult to find and all the platform does is try to show off "results" to upsell more services. AGAIN... DON'T BOTHER
I paid for a 6 weeks trial of IBD Swing Trader. So far, I've invested in 10 of their suggested buys. Six of them resulted in a Stop Loss at their suggested sell price. Three of them are down right now. Only one is marginally up. If you like losing money Swing Trader is for you.
Lost more than I’ve made with Swing Trader. By the time you are alerted, it was already past the entry. If it’s still within the buy range at the end of the day... 80 percent chance its going to reverse and get stopped out the next day. Extremely disappointed. Probably lost at least a few thousand.
Be aware when you subscribe and pay for any promotion they will continue to charge you without sending statement! They put the auto-pay permission in their terms and conditions that you may click on without reading all pages!
After many years with IBD. IM NOW ready to drop them . Poor customer service. I can't access IBD LIVE anymore! They are trying to resell me as a pop up comes and blocking my access. Trying to resell for 24 dollars after there was free access. I can access through my computer but not the phone. I'm always on the go. Have called about this. But very frustrated! I pay a lot for this subscription! They apparently don't care!
Hi Calvin, Sorry to hear about your experience. I'll have someone from our customer success team reach out.
Been trading stocks for 5 decades and have applied O'Neil's principals since the late '80's. IF you apply O'Neil's rules, remain disciplined, study, become proficient (not expert) at chart reading and what the markets are telling you, IBD will help you make a fortune. MarketSmith is phenomenal for data / charting all-in-one. IBDLive may be THE best investing show ever and a deep well of knowledge / experience. Yes, it cost money. Doesn't everything? Yes it a sacrifice of some time. Name anything worthwhile that doesn't? Where can you go and REALLY learn from certified experts? It's far cheaper than a degree and can help almost anyone generate enormous profits. If you don't want to invest in your own knowledge then stay away or accept lesser returns.
We have been with IBD for over 20+ years. Stop changing the user interface without a justifiable user interface tests especially for life-time users. As you get older, it is more difficult to navigate thru the new and interface screens on the web. We used to get a daily paper and now I rarely get a weekly paper with my subscription. I was told the USPS delivers our paper (contractors for USPS) whereas, I used to get a daily paper reliably delivered to my doorstep. We used to get much better charting, along with products and tutorials as part of the subscription. We feel like you nickel and dime your customers vs. providing the same or similar services as before. It has gotten more expensive and getting less, unless you are a consumer of MS, Live, LB, and so many additions to the basic services package. I feel like IBD is always trying to upsell us even though it has taken away so many of the standard features with our annual subscription. so many of the seminars are upsell sales calls, again trying to get you to buy additional services. When I call in for an issue, I have found myself on hold for over 45 minutes and sometimes for what seems like hours.
I am doing good with SwingTrader! most of the times the price its already 1-2 points or more of the lower buy zone but what I do is just to do a buy limit and wait for the pullback... most time I will get it filled... Been making good profits in almost every trade! Thanks!
You'll never get the same return as their Swing Trader service due to delays in the alert vs their stated buy-in price. I place the trade literally within seconds of receiving the alert (browser, app, or email, whichever comes first). Yet I still lose 1-2% on average on the entry and sometimes even the exit. With their claimed average gain of ~4%, you're basically at a break even result (at best). When support was contacted they said "our developers have been made aware of this issue and are working on a fix. We do not have a estimated time frame for a fix" The whole exchange sounded fishy, which unfortunately has been confirmed by reading the reviews here and elsewhere. There is some type of game being played or other reason for delaying the alerts, and this issue is likely to never be fixed for the end user. Which is a shame, b/c if their entry prices are accurate this would be a great service
Thank you for your response. Some SwingTrader users have expressed concern that a stock’s price is often well above the alert price when a new stock is added. That is often true. There is so much interest in the product that the price jumps almost instantly when a stock is added. It is not because there is a lag in the alerts. However, such spikes are usually temporary. You can take advantage of this fact in a few ways. First, consider using a limit order rather than a market order. Place your limit price within the suggested buy zone in the Trade Setup. If the stock pulls back after the initial frenzy subsides you will get filled at a much better price compared with a market order submitted soon after the alert. Some brokers offer a Time Weighted Average Price order, or TWAP. Select your limit price, number of shares, and desired time to fill the order. The broker will work the order until it is completely filled. Another strategy is to monitor an intraday chart such as the 5-minute. Look for a pullback into the buy zone or other area of support and then submit your order. For example, most stocks will retrace 25% - 50% of a strong move. If the stock jumped 2 points after the alert, you might place your order 1 point below the peak of the initially buying surge.
Swing Trader does not so much more than point out the IBD stocks that are in the Buy Zone. You can get this info from IBD digital. I watched the ST intro for new subscribers with Chris & Mark which was a joke. They refuse to post buy stop prices in advance thinking the Market Maker will run up the stock. But there but points are almost the same as IBD’s Buy Zones. Other services post but prices in advance and this is not a problem. Alerts are too late. I expected more from a big company like IBD. The company has gone downhill and heavily emphasizes blasting ads at subscribers. IND should focus on service more than subscriptions. I will not be renewing mine.
I was not a subscriber prior to the COVID-19 market crash and as a result lost nearly 22% of my portfolio. After the crash I decided it was time to truly to understand the market so I purchased a subscription, studied, followed and participated in the market every day, and within 9 weeks my portfolio is nearly 9% above my premarket crash position. My real complaint is IBD nickel, dimes and up sells every product. I wish they introduced a tiered system, i.e., purchase leaderboard get IBD digital included in the price; purchase IBD Live get leaderboard and IBD digital included, etc. Their "founder member" price is astronomical, and frankly laughable.
I opted in for a 14 days free trial, but soon found out that this was not for me. According to the website where I signed up, there is a MyIBD option where you can opt out. Problem though is that this does not exist, and the customer service has not reacted to a ticket I have raised. Seems the only option left is to block my credit card. Shame on you!
HI Lunde, I'm so sorry to hear this. I'll get in touch with you and make sure this is resolved. You are also able to cancel anytime, by logging in to our website and clicking on My IBD,
ST has underperformed significantly in 2021 vs S&P 500, and requires more attention to trading once alerts are issued; I gave it 2.5 months, yet it was never profitable and more work than I was looking for.
I was charged for digital and print for 3 months but never received the print version. I called customer service and all I got was, "I'm sorry" when asked for a refund for print he said he could not do that. A company that hails themselves as "customer service oriented" they fell short in my mind. I will not subscribed if I pay for something I am not getting.
Hi, After careful review we were able to successfully resolve the issue at hand. Should you require additional assistance we'd be more than happy to help!
I started subscribing to IBD Print edition back in 1988! I long for that daily edition. I subscribed for many years until the print edition ceased. Recently I did a trial subscription. I can't believe how IBD has bombarded me with the various add-on modules such as market smith, etc, etc. It is ridiculous! I'm dropping my subscription. I still believe in the basic CANSLIM formula and the chart pattern recognition taught by Wm. O'Niel. But as far as I'm concerned, the digital daily edition is a MESS. So sad to see such a good product deteriorate into a chaotic daily web mess.
---------- Forwarded message --------- From: Dilworth Cannon Date: Tue, Sep 29, 2020, 10:15 AM Subject: To: Cannon, Dilworth D.C. I joined Swing Trader on May 21, 2020, and am quitting on Sept. 30. I have compulsively entered every trade (missed about 2-3 trades) including shares, my transaction price and amount, the alert price, my profit/loss, Swing Trader profit/loss based on their alert price, my delayed buy impact amount, my delayed sell impact amount (combining delayed buy and delayed sell impact = $20,515 loss), my projected ARR (12.5% profit), and Swing Trader ARR (from 5/21/20, 62.7% profit). I have a son who is an expert in constructing Excel spreadsheets and he helped me with this. I estimate that my transactions based on the alerts (both the app and Gmail invariably come in within 2 seconds of each other) are carried out within 2 minutes of the alert in most cases, maybe 10% an hour later. I am disappointed that Justin Nielsen did not respond to 2 friendly emails from me. I think that their success has gone down since Mike Webster left. I think they should stop trading for a while since the market is in correction. Analyzing their trading exit dates, from 9/4-9/24, they had 17 losing trades and 4 profitable trades. That is unacceptable. Some of the reviews have missed the point that Nielsen and I guess Chris Gessel delay 30 minutes after the alert before making any transactions in their personal portfolios. My son astutely made a suggestion that they should have a hedge fund that we contribute our money to, and pay a fee to them for doing the trading at their alert prices. They would make money from us, and our performance would be significantly better.
I purchased their Swing trader by IBD. I believe their stock picks are pretty good however they are always late. I'm just finishing up my first week with IBD and I have received a good number alerts. However by the time I receive the alert the stock already took off. Example, "AYX is a buy at 143.87" but the alert was received 5 min after the stock broke out. by the time the alert came across the stock was over 145. As a swing trader that's leaving way to much money on the table. I'm starting to think they are placing their own trades at 143.87 and then send letters out to their subscribers to pump the stock and then sell for short gains. If they are truly looking at the market they could easily send out an alert that would say something like this. "Watch for a move above 143.00 and we are buyers at 143.87 after breaking a swing high". I will gladly update and revise my review if I see a change on this front. If they cant give more of a heads up I will be a short term buyer.
We are aware some users are receiving the alerts later than expected. Please send a response back with a private message and provide your contact information and we'll get in touch with you
Jason, some SwingTrader users have expressed concern that a stock’s price is often well above the alert price when a new stock is added. That is often true. There is so much interest in the product that the price jumps almost instantly when a stock is added. It is not because there is a lag in the alerts. However, such spikes are usually temporary. You can take advantage of this fact in a few ways. First, consider using a limit order rather than a market order. Place your limit price within the suggested buy zone in the Trade Setup. If the stock pulls back after the initial frenzy subsides you will get filled at a much better price compared with a market order submitted soon after the alert. Some brokers offer a Time Weighted Average Price order, or TWAP. Select your limit price, number of shares, and desired time to fill the order. The broker will work the order until it is completely filled. Another strategy is to monitor an intraday chart such as the 5-minute. Look for a pullback into the buy zone or other area of support and then submit your order. For example, most stocks will retrace 25% - 50% of a strong move. If the stock jumped 2 points after the alert, you might place your order 1 point below the peak of the initially buying surge.
I have been a customer of investors.com for over a year as it appears. the reason why I am not happy is that I signed up to their promo service to check if I would be able to benefit from their service. However, after a few days, I decided this is not the case and I followed steps to cancel my trial. a year goes by and I noticed that I have reoccurring charge of around $35. I contacted investors.com and spoke with a person. I was advised that my money was paid and they will not offer me a refund even I was not aware that I had an active subscription. Investors.com did NOT send me a monthly invoice or in any way contacted me when they collected money form my card. Sure it's my fault I didn't check my card properly, this was revied by my accountant and he assumed I am using this service. but not sending any remittance advice or invoice even they took money from my account monthly is a low blow. I would expect that kind of behaviour from shady business/ fraudsters, not a reputable business. to add to the insult support agent was rude, told me he is not going to discuss this with any longer and I should go away. I will avoid them like a plague in future!
Investors Business Daily is rated 4.26 based on 948 reviews