Investors Business Daily Reviews

of reviewers recommend Investors Business Daily
Telephone, Email, Live Chat
Read Investors Business Daily Reviews

About Investors Business Daily:

Our Mission is to Help You Make More Money in the Stock Market.

We accomplish our mission by delivering actionable investing content, comprehensive tools, and educational resources to help you make smarter trading decisions.

800-831-2525

12655 Beatrice St

Tell us how Investors Business Daily made you happy
I have been a user of swing trader for nearly two years; I will canceling given that the service is unusable without captchas. This is sad, but literally you can not do the trades. The team could fix this problem if they wanted, but they are actively avoiding this tasks. The team at IBD does not care about this issue, and they do not want to fix it. If they fix it I will re join. I think many people feel like me given the reviews that can be seen on here. PLEASE FIX THE PROBLEM. THE SERVICE IS NOT USABLE! MAKE THE CHANGES NEEDED.
2021 is the choppy market when the Mark Minervini's term "squat" has been flipping us back and forth. But the stock pick of swingtrader has really been a disappointment. Some great winners indeed but overall it's utterly frustrating. I have developed a habit of "doubting" the suggested tickers, to only participate in very few suggested trades, but whatever i've had gained, the next few trades take all back, and even cut deeper to make my portfolio turn negative. Please please I know you guys are working hard to help us make money but I dont wanna pay monthly fee to lose money anymore.
Stock picks were not good. They went down in value. My portfolio is in negative.
ST has underperformed significantly in 2021 vs S&P 500, and requires more attention to trading once alerts are issued; I gave it 2.5 months, yet it was never profitable and more work than I was looking for.
I was charged for digital and print for 3 months but never received the print version. I called customer service and all I got was, "I'm sorry" when asked for a refund for print he said he could not do that. A company that hails themselves as "customer service oriented" they fell short in my mind. I will not subscribed if I pay for something I am not getting.
Hi, After careful review we were able to successfully resolve the issue at hand. Should you require additional assistance we'd be more than happy to help!
I started subscribing to IBD Print edition back in 1988! I long for that daily edition. I subscribed for many years until the print edition ceased. Recently I did a trial subscription. I can't believe how IBD has bombarded me with the various add-on modules such as market smith, etc, etc. It is ridiculous! I'm dropping my subscription. I still believe in the basic CANSLIM formula and the chart pattern recognition taught by Wm. O'Niel. But as far as I'm concerned, the digital daily edition is a MESS. So sad to see such a good product deteriorate into a chaotic daily web mess.
We have been with IBD for over 20+ years. Stop changing the user interface without a justifiable user interface tests especially for life-time users. As you get older, it is more difficult to navigate thru the new and interface screens on the web. We used to get a daily paper and now I rarely get a weekly paper with my subscription. I was told the USPS delivers our paper (contractors for USPS) whereas, I used to get a daily paper reliably delivered to my doorstep. We used to get much better charting, along with products and tutorials as part of the subscription. We feel like you nickel and dime your customers vs. providing the same or similar services as before. It has gotten more expensive and getting less, unless you are a consumer of MS, Live, LB, and so many additions to the basic services package. I feel like IBD is always trying to upsell us even though it has taken away so many of the standard features with our annual subscription. so many of the seminars are upsell sales calls, again trying to get you to buy additional services. When I call in for an issue, I have found myself on hold for over 45 minutes and sometimes for what seems like hours.
I’ve used IBD services over the past 5 years and have seen a noticeable decline in customer service, only because they don’t have enough staff. New mgmnt. seems to be focused on the bottom line more than the products they offer. Swing Trader has delayed BUY alerts so late that the break outs are missed & it’s not worth it. The weekly paper now gets delivered 6 days late & IBD doesn’t really care. I’ve had traces done by the postal service for other business & had the problem solved. MarketSmith is the best IBD product.
I just cannot see the value. I’m trying to cancel. Why do you make it so hard to cancel?? It just takes me to more ads when I try to cancel.
---------- Forwarded message --------- From: Dilworth Cannon Date: Tue, Sep 29, 2020, 10:15 AM Subject: To: Cannon, Dilworth D.C. I joined Swing Trader on May 21, 2020, and am quitting on Sept. 30. I have compulsively entered every trade (missed about 2-3 trades) including shares, my transaction price and amount, the alert price, my profit/loss, Swing Trader profit/loss based on their alert price, my delayed buy impact amount, my delayed sell impact amount (combining delayed buy and delayed sell impact = $20,515 loss), my projected ARR (12.5% profit), and Swing Trader ARR (from 5/21/20, 62.7% profit). I have a son who is an expert in constructing Excel spreadsheets and he helped me with this. I estimate that my transactions based on the alerts (both the app and Gmail invariably come in within 2 seconds of each other) are carried out within 2 minutes of the alert in most cases, maybe 10% an hour later. I am disappointed that Justin Nielsen did not respond to 2 friendly emails from me. I think that their success has gone down since Mike Webster left. I think they should stop trading for a while since the market is in correction. Analyzing their trading exit dates, from 9/4-9/24, they had 17 losing trades and 4 profitable trades. That is unacceptable. Some of the reviews have missed the point that Nielsen and I guess Chris Gessel delay 30 minutes after the alert before making any transactions in their personal portfolios. My son astutely made a suggestion that they should have a hedge fund that we contribute our money to, and pay a fee to them for doing the trading at their alert prices. They would make money from us, and our performance would be significantly better.
You'll never get the same return as their Swing Trader service due to delays in the alert vs their stated buy-in price. I place the trade literally within seconds of receiving the alert (browser, app, or email, whichever comes first). Yet I still lose 1-2% on average on the entry and sometimes even the exit. With their claimed average gain of ~4%, you're basically at a break even result (at best). When support was contacted they said "our developers have been made aware of this issue and are working on a fix. We do not have a estimated time frame for a fix" The whole exchange sounded fishy, which unfortunately has been confirmed by reading the reviews here and elsewhere. There is some type of game being played or other reason for delaying the alerts, and this issue is likely to never be fixed for the end user. Which is a shame, b/c if their entry prices are accurate this would be a great service
Thank you for your response. Some SwingTrader users have expressed concern that a stock’s price is often well above the alert price when a new stock is added. That is often true. There is so much interest in the product that the price jumps almost instantly when a stock is added. It is not because there is a lag in the alerts. However, such spikes are usually temporary. You can take advantage of this fact in a few ways. First, consider using a limit order rather than a market order. Place your limit price within the suggested buy zone in the Trade Setup. If the stock pulls back after the initial frenzy subsides you will get filled at a much better price compared with a market order submitted soon after the alert. Some brokers offer a Time Weighted Average Price order, or TWAP. Select your limit price, number of shares, and desired time to fill the order. The broker will work the order until it is completely filled. Another strategy is to monitor an intraday chart such as the 5-minute. Look for a pullback into the buy zone or other area of support and then submit your order. For example, most stocks will retrace 25% - 50% of a strong move. If the stock jumped 2 points after the alert, you might place your order 1 point below the peak of the initially buying surge.
I purchased their Swing trader by IBD. I believe their stock picks are pretty good however they are always late. I'm just finishing up my first week with IBD and I have received a good number alerts. However by the time I receive the alert the stock already took off. Example, "AYX is a buy at 143.87" but the alert was received 5 min after the stock broke out. by the time the alert came across the stock was over 145. As a swing trader that's leaving way to much money on the table. I'm starting to think they are placing their own trades at 143.87 and then send letters out to their subscribers to pump the stock and then sell for short gains. If they are truly looking at the market they could easily send out an alert that would say something like this. "Watch for a move above 143.00 and we are buyers at 143.87 after breaking a swing high". I will gladly update and revise my review if I see a change on this front. If they cant give more of a heads up I will be a short term buyer.
We are aware some users are receiving the alerts later than expected. Please send a response back with a private message and provide your contact information and we'll get in touch with you
Jason, some SwingTrader users have expressed concern that a stock’s price is often well above the alert price when a new stock is added. That is often true. There is so much interest in the product that the price jumps almost instantly when a stock is added. It is not because there is a lag in the alerts. However, such spikes are usually temporary. You can take advantage of this fact in a few ways. First, consider using a limit order rather than a market order. Place your limit price within the suggested buy zone in the Trade Setup. If the stock pulls back after the initial frenzy subsides you will get filled at a much better price compared with a market order submitted soon after the alert. Some brokers offer a Time Weighted Average Price order, or TWAP. Select your limit price, number of shares, and desired time to fill the order. The broker will work the order until it is completely filled. Another strategy is to monitor an intraday chart such as the 5-minute. Look for a pullback into the buy zone or other area of support and then submit your order. For example, most stocks will retrace 25% - 50% of a strong move. If the stock jumped 2 points after the alert, you might place your order 1 point below the peak of the initially buying surge.
A few years ago I received the paper in the mail. I signed up two weeks ago, have yet to receive a paper and 3 customer service reps give me 3 different stories. Service has really gone down hill and the app is rather frustrating with bugs. MarketSmith May be the only useful product they sell anymore, but it’s too expensive.
Hello! We're sorry you're having issues with the delivery of your paper and the app. We'll reach out to you to resolve this!
I've been a long time subscriber to IBD but lately delivery has become unbearable. They don't seem to be able to get it resolved. I seem to miss a paper 25% of the time. Customer service systems are also going downhill. New subscribers be warned.
Sorry you're experiencing problems with delivery. Will you please send me your e-mail address and I will make sure a customer success manager gets in contact with you.
IBD. I don’t feel your website is easy to navigate and find the articles from the print edition. When I call for help, I am helped right away. But the staff even admits it’s difficult to navigate. Why not make it less cumbersome. You took away the daily print edition
I wish I could see the industry rankings online and then how the individual companies rank within the group. Also, would like to see big block sales or buys. Finally. I wish you could pull up your positions and see how their performance was on a Dailey, weekly, quarterly and ytd basis,
I've been an IBD subscriber a number of times, the most recent running till approx 7/2020. Last year, after a 3 hr trip and an overnight stay to listen an IBD Seminar, I purchased a 3 month trial IBD offered. Though personal commitments made immediate usage impractical, the IBD order said they'd accept an immediate purchase with an open start date so I made the $ 99 purchase. Several months later, I found an IBD charge on my credit card for an automatic subscription extension. Never having activated or the scrip in the first place, I asked that the charge to be removed which was reluctantly done. Several months later, when I called to activate the subscription, IBD refused to provide it. Their peculiar behavior and refusal to provide the service they'd been paid for greatly diminished my confidence in their integrity and value as an honest and reliable supplier, caused me to ask them to cancel the approx 10 month balance of my IBD delivery and online subscription and return the balance of my prepayment. Sorry to say, I can't recommend IBD any more. Jack Napor 412 722 09011
I've happily utilized IBD inputs for years, but the recent downpour of pop ups in IBD Digital, disturbs me no end. When hunting for a quick bit of data for a decision, pot ups trying to sell something keep coming at me from all directions, distracting and destroying the track of your search.
Two issues: 1. Buying breakouts does not work in all markets. See the relative strength of FFTY to VTI which was strong in 2017, had no outperformance during in 2018, and suffered during the 4Q 2018 selloff. Also, BOUT performs similarly. A different strategy should be considered during sideways and bear markets and IBD seems to push the same approach in all markets even though the data (again, look to relative performance of FFTY) does not support it. 2. As a paid subscriber I HATE having advertisements thrown in my face all over the screen, including pop-ups.
Leader board just loses your money. You cut your losses at 7% and then the stock goes back up the next day.
Investors Business Daily is rated 4.26 based on 949 reviews