Investors Business Daily Reviews

81% of reviewers recommend Investors Business Daily

About Investors Business Daily: Our Mission is to Help You Make More Money in the Stock Market.

We accomplish our mission by delivering actionable investing content, comprehensive tools, and educational resources to help you make smarter trading decisions.

800-831-2525

12655 Beatrice St

Tell us how Investors Business Daily made you happy

Telephone, Email, Live Chat
"The CFA analysis of using hindsight to predict market direction has no statitical support. IBD claims that past performance will reliably offer an edge in the market. IBD does give a reliable list of companies whose share price is changing but one must be careful of buying anything on their site as they trick buyers into expensive subscriptions."
"Website is glitchy and keeps logging me out. Leaderboard subscription no longer includes features that were available before. It is clear that you have become more about making money than providing an outstanding user experience."
"My paper has been SUCCESSFULY delivered 3 0f the last six weeks. And your blind allegiance to a rigid conservative political policy is an affront to the real world in which we live."
"News Paper cancelled."
"I love the paper have been a long time subscriber along with market smith. I understood the switch to a online platform but there is no way for me to make it personalized like I could with the paper. I find I do not use the website at all because it is cumbersome, loaded with ads, and not user friendly. I almost did not renew this year but I still enjoyed the Monday paper to justify keeping it."
"The website is out of control: Pop-ups everywhere, Videos play by themselves Big Fat fonts and pictures consuming 70% of the screen leaving 20% to real information"
"I thought I would be a lifetime subscriber to IBD (paper). I was disappointed with the cessation of daily print, but understand the economics driving that decision. I stuck with the web site; however, I didn't renew my subscription. The web site is insufferable. Too much clutter, pop ads, annoying videos following me as I try and read content, can't find content --- a very user unfriendly experience that I will not pay for. Which is too bad because the content is good. As far as Marketsmith. The quality of this platform is also deteriorating. Too many bugs. For example, lists don't load properly, site crashes, fixes that are touted as being fixed aren't fixed. I know I'm not the only customer with experiencing these problems. I email MS alerting them to the problems. The responses I receive are usually nonsensical. The underlying tone of them is to blame me. I've also emailed basic questions to MS seeking clarification about the computation underlying of certain data points. Unfortunately the responses received are not responsive and some are borderline rude."
"Since you went to a weekly I never read it, I hate going on line and having to scroll through to find info. The only reason I'm still a member is for Market Smith."
"I use MarketSmith and I like nearly everything about the software except charts frequently fail to load and I must wait a minute or more to see any charts. I use an iMac as well as an iPod. I am convinced the problem is not my server because I frequently go to another state with a different ISP using both computers and the problem is always the same. If I want to review the charts late in the trading day before making a trade, the inability of seeing the Marketsmith data has prevented me from making a timely trade. This now seems to be an everyday occurrence, even on weekends and the middle of the night. Frequently, I spend more times waiting for information to download than I actually do studying the info. Also, when using Marketsmith I get far too many pop-up ads because pop-up blockers must be deactivated to use the software. Software of this expense should not serve up ads. A huge frustration. So far, I am living with the problem but if I can find anything better I will switch."
"Switching from a daily to weekly publication with no reduction in subscription price, while great for your bottom line, is like a slap in the face to subscribers. Moreover, the Web functionality is definitely NOT a suitable substitute. Makes IBD a ripoff."
"First off I am seriously tired of receiving pop ups asking me to turn off my pop-up blocker. I'm PAYING for a subscription, which should entitle me to browse though whatever information without having to endure annoying advertising. Second of all, you went from providing me with 6 newspapers a week to only 1 now, with no apparent added value for myself while still charging the same amount. Thirdly, you make cancelling any type of subscription excruciatingly painful in extreme contrast to getting a subscription, which is, of course, a one click deal. I must say, that looking back at the arguments I just provided to you, I honestly do not know why I remain a customer. Regards, Alberto Lemolt"
"It should be DAILY"
"Since ending the daily paper, the website is much more important to your CAN SLIM clients. It is poorly designed and frustrating. It is full of garbage and adds like yahoo finance - EVEN BEHIND THE PAY WALL. I have it on add block because it is otherwise unusable. It is very difficult to discern an add from an article. Audible adds download automatically and frustrate the user who is doing multiple tasks. The MOST important piece of data is the markets table page which is at the bottom of the market pulse page. Don't make the real users dig for this. Have a shortcut right on top. The website is targeted at amateurs and new traders and frustrates your loyal customers who actually use the information you provide. Right now, you still provide valuable information that is difficult to obtain otherwise so we're stuck with this click bait website. But know that we're all looking for better alternatives. Either we'll find them or you'll change and we'll stay loyal customers. You've taken a dramatic step down in the last two years. I hope you change."
"The change from the online newspaper format to web pages has been terrible. It takes forever to get anywhere. For example, zipping through the IBD50 is effectively unusable. While you conveniently added buttons to go from one stock chart to the next in the list, it takes forever, all the while the screen bouncing around as the ads come in shuffling things around. Then there are the ads. They start blasting audio automatically, and some of them pop up in front, others block a third of the screen. I can see if this was a free site, but I'm paying for this. It's so bad I hardly every log on anymore. I never read the editorials anymore, it takes longer to get to them than to read them. I used to enjoy the online version of the paper on my iPad, reading it basically cover to cover every even. I've given it a while now to see you could work out the kinks, but it looks more and more likely I'll cancel when my renewal comes up. It's sad to see such good content held hostage behind a horrible interface."
"I ordered the weekly print edition and it didn't come. I spoke with your representative later. and she said I have been billed twice for the subscription and she would credit me with the overcharge. Papers came today, not Saturday. Two came. I only want one. I only want to pay for one. I think I successfully ordered the introduction to CAN SLIM. I think I was charged for it. Am I supposed to get something in the mail? Nothing has come. I received an email that enabled me to see the first lesson. Is that all I get? I've looked on your website for a number to call to sort these things out, but I can't find a number. Do you have a "help" line?"
"IBD has gotten worse and worse over the last twenty years in usefulness and value for the cost. Secret information that costs extra is growing."
"Your columnists are politically biased to the left and your analysts who write columns are way too short term and fail to recognize the big picture/ TREND which is clearly a secular 18 yr bull mkt ca 1982-2000 having begun Feb 2016. Furthermore there is ZERO interaction via twitter with your subscribers. If not for Daily Graphs/MarketSmith your online daily IBD is a 2 of 5 at best. I was your 67th print subscriber in 1983. I'm not a novice. Lastly those disturbing intrusive ads & videos make me nauseous and are useless"
"your ipad ad is terrible. the IBD is a great, but the lack of a quality ipad/iphone app forces me to get my new elsewhere. Please fix it!"
"the website is very difficult to navigate. i thought you changed the content everyday but not anymore if i could get the paper version i would sign for that. i think your system works and i would like to use it. but the website is very difficult to navigate"
"THE DISCONTINUANCE OF THE DAILY EDITION"
Investors Business Daily is rated 4.35 based on 509 reviews