Magazines Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Magazines Direct
Read Magazines Direct Reviews

About Magazines Direct:

Magazines Direct is your favourite magazines at great prices including Marie Claire, Woman and Home, Ideal Home, Golf, Nuts, NME, Uncut, InStyle, Livingetc, Wallpaper. Visit magazinesdirect.com. IPC Media produces over 60 iconic media brands, with print alone reaching almost two thirds of UK women and 42% of UK men – almost 26 million UK adults.

IPCsubs@quadrantsubs.com

Rockwood House, Perrymount Road

Tell us how Magazines Direct made you happy
Abysmal company with the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Didn't send out any magazines for 7 months due to a system error at their end, then said they couldn't provide back copies but I could buy them at more than double the cost. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!
Don't order from them. They give you the option for the order then they say they can't take the payment and the offer has expired. Very, very bad service.
I ordered a subscription as a Christmas gift for my mother on 9/12/2019; nothing has arrived and I have spoken to them on two occasions not counting today. The payment left my credit card account and I received no details of an account number until I asked for it again today. The magazine I ordered for my sister through another company at the same time has sent her 3 copies. Why do reputable magazines allow themselves to be sold through scammers like these?
My elderly mother bought a subscription with this company on 6th December and paid £31.99, she hadn't had a magazine so called them and they say they have no record of the order - the money has left her bank , when she told the lady this she put the phone down! Avoid at all costs
My partner got me a subscription to a magazine as a present, using Magazines Direct. For the first few months the issues turned up regularly, but latterly there are huge gaps in delivery and several months can be missed at a time. Ringing them is hopeless - we have spent far too much time trying to get missed issues sent. The person on the other end of the line agrees we are due, but nothing arrives. Total farce of a company. Will never, ever use again.
They are still scamming people! Nothing since they took a subscription in Nov, despite repeated calls!
These people took £90.50 from me back in October 2019 and have not delivered my subscription magazines. I was told I would receive a refund a couple of months ago but haven't, taking someone's money and not delivering goods is theft.
Do not trust this company
Shocking, scammers, do not use.
Reading the other reviews I have had the same experience with this company. Cancelled my subscription in advance and they still took my money £41.49. Rang and was advised refund would be issued, nothing happened. Rang again told once again that it would be refunded within 5 working days. Nothing, rang again, this time they said there was no record of my last call. Said a cheque was sent. Not received. SaId they would not refund full amount - why? They said they would escalate to Head Office in UK. Not holding my breath. AVOID AT ALL COSTS
I had problems with a subscription as a gift for my sister in South Africa which I subsequently discovered she had never received. After attempting to get a refund via a South African call centre, I was told many times the refund had been sent. One version was the refund had been sent straight to my account. When I inquired again because the payment was never received, the second version was it had been sent by post. After each of these "transactions" I was told I must wait at least 10 working days, sometimes 5 working days, sometimes 2 weeks before the promised refund took place. After about 10 attempts to retrieve my money,and various ingenious excuses for the delays, with reassurances every time that the matter had been dealt with, I gave up and decided NEVER to deal with this company again.
Disgraceful customer service. Took money from my account when I had paused a magazine subscription when going away which is a mistake I accept. I phoned them to get the money back once returned from travels as no longer manage the magazine I subscribed to and they said they would credit my account. Nothing. I forgot about it and called 2 months later, the customer service woman was rude said in a clipped South African accent 'the money was paid back into your account man'. I said it hadnt and she then said Id called last week and it takes 7 to 10 days, I said I had called 2 months ago, she said the other operative I had spoken to had forgotten to action it and it would be credited and I asked for an email of confirmation. No apology and acted in an arrogant fashion as though this was somehow my fault when it was their incompetence. I accept mistakes but when someone acts in such an arrogant way to a customer of 5 years it makes me annoyed. I wotn hold my breath that she will action it and I will see an email but we will see.
Paid for a subscription to Mountain Bike Rider magazine. Didn't receive my first issue, looked at my online account and it stayed it had been delivered. Called Customer services and was told a replacement would come within a week. Did not arrive. Will cancel my subscription and claim a refund as this company do not appear reliable. It's a shame as I really like the magazine.
Paid for two magazines. Never arrived. Requested again, no response. Sent two more emails and no response. Bad customer service. Will open a dispute throughout Paypal. Very disappointing
Three simple emails sent to 'help@magazinesdirect.com' over three months to request basic information, but not one reply. They took my money readily enough with no problem, but to call their department 'customer care' is a laugh. Their customer service is non existent. I am in Canada still waiting for my first Country Life Magazine. Beware. Stick to purchasing their magazines from a newsagent. At least then you
will get what you pay for with no delay.
Bought a gift subscription which was advertised as coming with a free box of chocolates. The magazine finally started to arrive, but the chocolates didn't. Customer service is non-existent with this company, who just repeatedly point blank deny that there was any free gift offered, even when sent a link to their own website which still has the same free gift on offer. Absolutely appalling and dishonest service.
After being charged 4times for the the same magazine subscription, I decided to ring customer services. never has a department been so miss named.
After one phone call got refunded twice , (after 15 working days). ,AND then I was invoiced twice again!!!
Phone call number two , promised to refund all 3 overcharges (£150), and confirm back...heard nothing.
Phone call number three..confirmed a credit of ONE subscription. They were unable to pass through to their supervisor as they have to email them..promised a return email...NOTHING..

This is THEFT , and the customer service process is totally unprofessional....
Deanter magazine subscription. Rude and non-delivery issues. Avoid at all costs.
Four months and four phone calls after my initial order, with NO magazines sent, I finally got a refund. Don't deal with them!
Extremely rude customer service .
Felt like I was calling a bank when had to go through tighter security questions just to ask a simple question . Very blunt cold and unhelpful ‘magazine direct does not offer any discount for returning customer . No rewards ‘ so rejoin as the price is better for new customers . Felt so annoyed when I got off the phone due to the mans attitude that spoke to me ! Will go else where !
ordered as a xmas present, nothing received in December, present ruined having to puchase something else at the last minute, no one answering the phone to request refund, says i've had 2 issues already and cancellation is Dec 19 - only had 6 month subscription, contacting bank to cancel dd tomorrow seems to be a disorganised and evasive company.
Magazines Direct is rated 1.10 based on 153 reviews