Magazines Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Magazines Direct
Read Magazines Direct Reviews

About Magazines Direct:

Magazines Direct is your favourite magazines at great prices including Marie Claire, Woman and Home, Ideal Home, Golf, Nuts, NME, Uncut, InStyle, Livingetc, Wallpaper. Visit magazinesdirect.com. IPC Media produces over 60 iconic media brands, with print alone reaching almost two thirds of UK women and 42% of UK men – almost 26 million UK adults.

IPCsubs@quadrantsubs.com

Rockwood House, Perrymount Road

Tell us how Magazines Direct made you happy
Yay Just discovered this page.Absolutely astounded by the volume and nature of complaints.I thought my experience might be unique.Obviously not.
I took out a subscription for a magazine in March for £1.00 per month for an introductory period of 6 months.After 5 months I found that my bank account had been debted for £34.99 .I immediately contacted magazines direct and was advised that a refund had been credited to my bank account.Contrary to what I had been told this did not happen.
Since then I must have contacted magazines direct at least a dozen times by email and continually received an automated response saying we are
currently upgrading our customer services department and will get back to you shortly.After two months I have still not received any refund.
I don’t think I have ever come across a company that behaves in such a shoddy,cheap,unprofessional and dishonest manner.
It is hard to believe that magazines direct is part of Future plc a FTSE 250 Company.Some future!!As a public listed company Future plc must ensure proper corporate governance of all its constituent parts.
The way magazine direct is behaving suggests a company in trouble.It obviously needs investigation and I am will be asking Trading Standards to look into how this company is currently operating.I have also contacted the consumer journalists of a number of national newspapers suggesting that this company is worth investigating.
I would suggest that all customers of magazines direct who have experienced an appalling standard of service do the same.This Company must not be allowed to get away with this continual scandalous treatment of customers.
Believe everything you read here.

Do not deal with this lot as its a sham.

Ruined a birthday present for my daughter who lives in America.

Looking now like a long fight to get my money back (if I ever do with the likes of these people)

Cant Believe I have been so stupid to fall for this.

Please don't end up like me.

I will try my hardest to let as many review forums know of them.
Sorry to learn just now about so many bad experiences...I ordered and paid for subscription last Dec. and no deliverirs yet..traied to reach them through email but spme of theis addresses turned out to.be unknown...what can we all do?isthere a chance to ask for refund through visa?
Took Woman and Home subscription out early December 2016 in time to attract a £50 editors choice beauty bag as advertised on their site. On querying its non-arrival this week was told I did not qualify for the gift. I did not make this offer up. Appears to be a deliberate attempt to avoid giving this. On reading the other reviews am really concerned I am dealing with such a disreputable company. Perhaps Trading Standards is the way forward?
Awful customer service. I tried to phone to sort out missing subscription payment and gave in after 46 minutes on hold. Emailed three times and each reply bears no relevance to the problem. Not going to bother again, absolutely appalling company
Ordered a single issue of Metal Hammer - number 341. An issue that I needed physical copy of as my band somehow managed to get a review there so I wanted to save it. Order was placed on 11th of November 2020. A dozen of email back and forths, an alleged 'replacement has been sent' etc. etc. No magazine arrived. Still waiting for a refund. Hope you get dyslexia and sell magazines then. Cheers.
If I could give zero stars I would. I placed an order for four bookazines with MagazinesDirect.com and received an order confirmation and they charged my card. When I emailed them to ask where my order was they 'claim' to have not received the order despite charging my credit card. I'd had to email them a copy of my credit card statement. The order confirmation and order number is not enough for them. Hopeless and incompetent. As the previous reviewer has stated, 'avoid at all costs' otherwise they'll keep your money and not bother to send what you paid for.
AVOID!!! Takes ages to get through to someone. They took my renewal subscription before actually telling me anything about it or the amount. Trying to get a refund, promised it would arrive, hasn’t. Keep chasing and nothing is happening, will be taking to small claims court if this continues any longer
I have been a long time subscriber 10 years +. Since April 2020, I have not received any issues from my pre-paid subscription. I keep getting boiler plate responses "We have checked our records and can confirm all the issues have been despatched to you, and can only assume they have been lost within the postal system."

Nonsense!!! I could see an issue or two, but not losing 8 issues!
I suspect they are in financial trouble. I will not renew with this company, as I find them disingenuous and disreputable.
Took magazine subscription out last year as a gift for one off payment and have just had a payment taken out of my account by them which I did not authorise. Spoken to my bank who are in the process of getting this refunded. Has put me off doing any future subscriptions with them for sure !
Subscription paid 24 July by PayPal. I have not yet received a magazine. Was told subscription would start with Oct issue to be sent out in Sept. Multiple phone calls made have been told subscription suspended ( never started!) as payment from PayPal not received. One of their so called customer service reps called Sam told me not to make a fuss over £36.99 Disgraceful attitude. Have email from PayPal confirming payment made to this company in July. Have sent emails, never received a reply. Avoid this appalling company at all costs. Might as well burn your money. If I could give zero stars I would.
How can this company still be trading when there are so many complaints. I’ve never heard of them, yet 2 direct debits of £1 each (separate numbers) came out of my account recently. How on earth did they get my details ?? Why are they allowed still to carry on with this. It’s appalling
I order a few magazines in the end of August. Received email confirming the purchase and that they had been dispatched. Never received my order and despite trying to contact their customer service (both by email and call) never received any reply.
Awful customer service. Do yourself a favor and never buy anything from this joke of a company.
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. On 7 July I renewed my annual subscription (£97.40) for the TV Times with Magazines Direct. On 17 July I received an email from them thanking me for subscribing to Woman & Home magazine. I emailed them to say that this was incorrect and that I'd renewed the TV Times subscription. I emailed a copy of the TV Times renewal letter. I was asked to phone them and they said I needed to provide proof of payment which I got from my bank and sent them. Despite them having copies of their renewal letter and my proof of payment and despite innumerable weekly emails they seem incapable of resolving the issue. I have emailed them today to say that if I do not get resolution of the issue within the next week I want my money back.
Subscription taken out in May. Magazine not received. Have been chasing it up with them since 29 May. Excuse is they are working from home so everything taking longer. Each email contradicts what a previous email has said. The customer service is no existent. Coronavirus is an excuse, other companies are working from home and doing a great service. This firm is the pits and if I could they would not even get one star. Complete rubbish company.
Shocking, scammers, do not use.
Reading the other reviews I have had the same experience with this company. Cancelled my subscription in advance and they still took my money £41.49. Rang and was advised refund would be issued, nothing happened. Rang again told once again that it would be refunded within 5 working days. Nothing, rang again, this time they said there was no record of my last call. Said a cheque was sent. Not received. SaId they would not refund full amount - why? They said they would escalate to Head Office in UK. Not holding my breath. AVOID AT ALL COSTS
I had problems with a subscription as a gift for my sister in South Africa which I subsequently discovered she had never received. After attempting to get a refund via a South African call centre, I was told many times the refund had been sent. One version was the refund had been sent straight to my account. When I inquired again because the payment was never received, the second version was it had been sent by post. After each of these "transactions" I was told I must wait at least 10 working days, sometimes 5 working days, sometimes 2 weeks before the promised refund took place. After about 10 attempts to retrieve my money,and various ingenious excuses for the delays, with reassurances every time that the matter had been dealt with, I gave up and decided NEVER to deal with this company again.
Disgraceful customer service. Took money from my account when I had paused a magazine subscription when going away which is a mistake I accept. I phoned them to get the money back once returned from travels as no longer manage the magazine I subscribed to and they said they would credit my account. Nothing. I forgot about it and called 2 months later, the customer service woman was rude said in a clipped South African accent 'the money was paid back into your account man'. I said it hadnt and she then said Id called last week and it takes 7 to 10 days, I said I had called 2 months ago, she said the other operative I had spoken to had forgotten to action it and it would be credited and I asked for an email of confirmation. No apology and acted in an arrogant fashion as though this was somehow my fault when it was their incompetence. I accept mistakes but when someone acts in such an arrogant way to a customer of 5 years it makes me annoyed. I wotn hold my breath that she will action it and I will see an email but we will see.
Paid for a subscription to Mountain Bike Rider magazine. Didn't receive my first issue, looked at my online account and it stayed it had been delivered. Called Customer services and was told a replacement would come within a week. Did not arrive. Will cancel my subscription and claim a refund as this company do not appear reliable. It's a shame as I really like the magazine.
Magazines Direct is rated 1.09 based on 128 reviews