Magazines Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Magazines Direct
Read Magazines Direct Reviews

About Magazines Direct:

Magazines Direct is your favourite magazines at great prices including Marie Claire, Woman and Home, Ideal Home, Golf, Nuts, NME, Uncut, InStyle, Livingetc, Wallpaper. Visit magazinesdirect.com. IPC Media produces over 60 iconic media brands, with print alone reaching almost two thirds of UK women and 42% of UK men – almost 26 million UK adults.

IPCsubs@quadrantsubs.com

Rockwood House, Perrymount Road

Tell us how Magazines Direct made you happy
They advertised an offer for Countrylife magazine in November 2020 at £6 for 6 weekly copies which I took advantage of. However the magazine was not for me so I did not renew my subscription. Horrified to see that they have debited my account with just under £38 to cover another subscription. I contacted and spoke to someone at Subscription Enquiries who was unhelpful and tried only to sell me another magazine. Avoid!
My experience with Magazine Direct has been a horrific ordeal. I subscribed to both Guitar Player and Guitar World months ago and have not received a single issue of either magazine, nor the t-shirts that was part a promotion. I've emailed several times and mostly got generic responses. I don't even have opportunity to talk someone about trying fix this problem. When these magazines deliveries were run by future media I had no such problems. I'm totally disappointed with this company. Hopefully, I'll may be able to get my money back. I don't want to ever deal with this company again.
ordered as a gift for a friend on 7 December for 6 months still no sign of the magazines despite 3 phone calls and e-mails. this company are scammers.
It hasn't made me happy because royal mail is not delivering the tv magazines able they are useable.in fact we are not receiving anything in Horsham at all
It's not your fault
This company is a shambles. Placed an order in December for years subscription to classic rock which included a free gift and a single issue of guitar techniques. Nothing received. 5 Emails to customer services with varying responses and varying excuses, they even claimed my first issue didn't start until feb until I sent them my order confirmation which clearly stated the first issue was due January, they also asked for prrof of my entitlement to a free gift. I have had a subscription for classic rock for over 8years now and have never had a problem until this shower of ........ took over.
I am now contacting the publisher direct and the IPSO to express my complaint.
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE
If I could give zero stars I would. I placed an order for four bookazines with MagazinesDirect.com and received an order confirmation and they charged my card. When I emailed them to ask where my order was they 'claim' to have not received the order despite charging my credit card. I'd had to email them a copy of my credit card statement. The order confirmation and order number is not enough for them. Hopeless and incompetent. As the previous reviewer has stated, 'avoid at all costs' otherwise they'll keep your money and not bother to send what you paid for.
Yay Just discovered this page.Absolutely astounded by the volume and nature of complaints.I thought my experience might be unique.Obviously not.
I took out a subscription for a magazine in March for £1.00 per month for an introductory period of 6 months.After 5 months I found that my bank account had been debted for £34.99 .I immediately contacted magazines direct and was advised that a refund had been credited to my bank account.Contrary to what I had been told this did not happen.
Since then I must have contacted magazines direct at least a dozen times by email and continually received an automated response saying we are
currently upgrading our customer services department and will get back to you shortly.After two months I have still not received any refund.
I don’t think I have ever come across a company that behaves in such a shoddy,cheap,unprofessional and dishonest manner.
It is hard to believe that magazines direct is part of Future plc a FTSE 250 Company.Some future!!As a public listed company Future plc must ensure proper corporate governance of all its constituent parts.
The way magazine direct is behaving suggests a company in trouble.It obviously needs investigation and I am will be asking Trading Standards to look into how this company is currently operating.I have also contacted the consumer journalists of a number of national newspapers suggesting that this company is worth investigating.
I would suggest that all customers of magazines direct who have experienced an appalling standard of service do the same.This Company must not be allowed to get away with this continual scandalous treatment of customers.
Believe everything you read here.

Do not deal with this lot as its a sham.

Ruined a birthday present for my daughter who lives in America.

Looking now like a long fight to get my money back (if I ever do with the likes of these people)

Cant Believe I have been so stupid to fall for this.

Please don't end up like me.

I will try my hardest to let as many review forums know of them.
Sorry to learn just now about so many bad experiences...I ordered and paid for subscription last Dec. and no deliverirs yet..traied to reach them through email but spme of theis addresses turned out to.be unknown...what can we all do?isthere a chance to ask for refund through visa?
Took Woman and Home subscription out early December 2016 in time to attract a £50 editors choice beauty bag as advertised on their site. On querying its non-arrival this week was told I did not qualify for the gift. I did not make this offer up. Appears to be a deliberate attempt to avoid giving this. On reading the other reviews am really concerned I am dealing with such a disreputable company. Perhaps Trading Standards is the way forward?
Awful customer service. I tried to phone to sort out missing subscription payment and gave in after 46 minutes on hold. Emailed three times and each reply bears no relevance to the problem. Not going to bother again, absolutely appalling company
Do not buy any magazines from this company. They'll take your money and never send you your magazines and won't even email you back for a refund. This websites a scam!
Horrible service, don't even know if they are even a real business. I ordered a single issue which I never received. After the first month of waiting they said there was a system issue why it wasn't shipped and that it would be shipped right away. Another month and I still did not get it, they said it was shipped again, probably lost in the mail. I still never got it so I asked for a refund, they said the refund was sent. Waited a week and did not get the refund, they said it was sent and to check with my bank. I paid with Paypal so I filed a resolution and got my refund.
I only received five issues of a six-month subscription and have spent four months trying to get them to send out the final issue. Sometimes they claim that I cancelled the subscription, sometimes they blame system errors, and sometimes they claim that the 'relevant department' has been asked to dispatch the issue, only to later tell me that I am not entitled to it.
Subscribed to magazine in July 2020 with free gift, now Feb 2021 and still awaiting gift. Have sent god knows how many emails and nobody sorts anything out, they just send an automated response. As the person below said 'The most incompetent customer service I have ever "received". Avoid subscribing to any magazines by this company.
Same story as other comments. They wouldn't even reply to PaPal when I opened a dispute after nearly 4 months of waiting. Not sure what their business actually is. There must be some kind of scam attached to them with all of these complaints I am seeing that are just like mine.
Avoid! I ordered a magazine in January as a gift for my mum. It never arrived. I chased them up and they said they would re-send. This magazine also didn't arrive. I requested a refund and, after several chasing-up emails, they claim to have refunded me on 6 February, but no refund has ever been received. They now seem to be avoiding my emails. I've never had such bad service - I strongly feel this company is just a scam, taking people's money and no intention of ever sending any magazines to anyone.
The most incompetent customer service I have ever "received".
I order one specialist rugby magazine on 1st February so ready for 6tj Feb match and they took money instantly no magazine, so after many msgs they tell me I will get a mag in April and I've signed up for monthly subscription omg shock horror. I cancel and waiting for refund 😒
I ordered 2 single issues of BassGuitar and have not received them. In the meantime I a being blitzed with "Offer ends in 12 hours" type marketing. I still think the magazinesdirect.com website may be a scam. Is it?
Magazines Direct is rated 1.10 based on 153 reviews