Magazines Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Magazines Direct
Read Magazines Direct Reviews

About Magazines Direct:

Magazines Direct is your favourite magazines at great prices including Marie Claire, Woman and Home, Ideal Home, Golf, Nuts, NME, Uncut, InStyle, Livingetc, Wallpaper. Visit magazinesdirect.com. IPC Media produces over 60 iconic media brands, with print alone reaching almost two thirds of UK women and 42% of UK men – almost 26 million UK adults.

IPCsubs@quadrantsubs.com

Rockwood House, Perrymount Road

Tell us how Magazines Direct made you happy
My experience with Magazine Direct has been a horrific ordeal. I subscribed to both Guitar Player and Guitar World months ago and have not received a single issue of either magazine, nor the t-shirts that was part a promotion. I've emailed several times and mostly got generic responses. I don't even have opportunity to talk someone about trying fix this problem. When these magazines deliveries were run by future media I had no such problems. I'm totally disappointed with this company. Hopefully, I'll may be able to get my money back. I don't want to ever deal with this company again.
I took out a premium subscription for a magazine but have not received any of the physical gifts included in the package, just an electronic ticket to an exhibition.

Like others on here, their customer support has been appalling !!?
I had no problem with myfavouritemagazines.co.uk during several years (Guitar techniques,Total Guitar,Guitar World...). Since they moved to magazinesdirect i had 3 problems (missing issue now out of print..., one missing CD, one wrong CD). What's a pity!
They debited my account 3 times for the same subscription. I had to call NatWest Fraud division and have my card blocked. Terrible customer service.
AVOID
Wish I had seen this review page sooner. Ordered a single copy magazine in September 2020, but never arrived. Took my money quick enough. I have chased constantly with no reply apart from a generic standard automated email. I would avoid and not use unless you want to say goodbye to your money. If I could leave no stars I would.
Ordered a single issue of Metal Hammer - number 341. An issue that I needed physical copy of as my band somehow managed to get a review there so I wanted to save it. Order was placed on 11th of November 2020. A dozen of email back and forths, an alleged 'replacement has been sent' etc. etc. No magazine arrived. Still waiting for a refund. Hope you get dyslexia and sell magazines then. Cheers.
Took double payment on my credit card!!! Despite repeated contacts cannot get a refund - shower of crooks!!!!
Basically ,getting harassed now on a daily basis even though I have unsubscribed months ago ,even when I let them know that I will take it further if they keep doing so .However just yesterday morning and night they harassed me yet again and even this morning after saying I’m now taking it further they still texted me ,and no not computer error as I was fed up months ago .Harassement is illegal!!!!
I took out a subscription for Prog magazine which was to include a Kitsound Bluetooth speaker as a joining gift. Not received after 9 months: "You are not entitled to a gift; pls send proof" I will never deal with this company again. Email replies just ask for more personal details each time.....
I have ordered the Eddie van Halen edition of guitar player magazine (December 2020 issue) which was at the time of my order already available in the US. After receiving several auto replies for a period of nearly 3 weeks I asked paypal for help. Apparently Magazines Direct charges money for magazines that they do not have in stock. In their last personal message Magazines Direct asked me for resending them their E-Mail in which my order was confirmed. Come on, get serious!

I have also cancelled another order of an issue of guitar world magazine. Finally I will receive a complete repayment from paypal.

In my opinion this company is not trustworthy. Absolutely disappointing.

Order magazines at another company.
Took payment and never sent out the Magazine, I have contacted via email and phone and now say they do not sell that magazine, I even sent them to the link of the Magazine on their website and order receipts. No response
I placed a subscription for two magazines (Guitar World and Guitar Player) plus each were to include a free t-shirt and after waiting over a month when the first issues should have arrived I still haven't received anything. I've emailed them four times and even received an acknowledgement. Very disappointed and frustrated. I have to say that when I use to subscribe to these magazines I had no problem. However, I believe I was dealing with a different company at that time.
If I could give zero stars I would. I placed an order for four bookazines with MagazinesDirect.com and received an order confirmation and they charged my card. When I emailed them to ask where my order was they 'claim' to have not received the order despite charging my credit card. I'd had to email them a copy of my credit card statement. The order confirmation and order number is not enough for them. Hopeless and incompetent. As the previous reviewer has stated, 'avoid at all costs' otherwise they'll keep your money and not bother to send what you paid for.
AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
In December 2019 I made an order for one year's subscription for my father as a Christmas present. They ended up taking two lots of payments from my account. I had to call them numerous times to get it refunded which took around 14 days.
Fast forward to December 2020, I call them up to process an order which they say they have done. I call back a week later and the order due to a ‘technical issue’. I request they give me a discount for the stress they caused me last year, and now again this year, which they agreed to.
They then AGAIN take two lots of payments from my account, which means I end up calling them AGAIN to get the refund back. I have never experienced such an incompetence company in all my life.
AVOID AVOID AVOID
I totally agree with other reviewers that Magazines Direct should be avoided. I placed an order for a 12 month subscription to Homes & Gardens magazine in May 2020 and 7 months later have not received a single magazine. I have wasted a lot of time going back and forth with a customer service team that tell me that that say they are experiencing delays and problems with subscriptions and that they will send me an email when these are resolved ! In my experience this company is totally incompetent so my advice to anyone thinking of using them would be not to waste your time and money.
Avoid.

Paid for Slipcases and Binders to go along with my subscriptions. Money was taken and no delivery. Months later still chasing. They asked for bank records, proof of purchase and then never reply.

Stolen my money, terrible customer service. Do not order any subscriptions of products from them.
AVOID!!! Takes ages to get through to someone. They took my renewal subscription before actually telling me anything about it or the amount. Trying to get a refund, promised it would arrive, hasn’t. Keep chasing and nothing is happening, will be taking to small claims court if this continues any longer
Placed a subscription for a magazine specifically for the free gift advertised. After 5 months I have still not received the camera bag and have had no response to my 4 emails and 2 phone calls. This organisation are scammers - avoid them.
Terrible terrible service. DO NOT RECOMMEND.. I ordered a subscription on 2nd Dec for my mum. I put my own address on for delivery instead of hers. My payment of £58 was taken straight away. I have phoned several times to change this and they say they cannot see my order. Wait 48 hours. Wait 48 hours......
Help desk have finally replied to say any change will take 10 - 14 days. That will be after Christmas. Terrible.
Since the recent merger, I’ve had direct debit dates changed without notice. I’ve also made repeated online attempts to get a missing issue of Procycling replaced without success, or even an acknowledgement. Their online form for requesting a replacement or extension of subscription doesn’t work.
Magazines Direct is rated 1.09 based on 127 reviews