Magazines Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Magazines Direct
Read Magazines Direct Reviews

About Magazines Direct:

Magazines Direct is your favourite magazines at great prices including Marie Claire, Woman and Home, Ideal Home, Golf, Nuts, NME, Uncut, InStyle, Livingetc, Wallpaper. Visit magazinesdirect.com. IPC Media produces over 60 iconic media brands, with print alone reaching almost two thirds of UK women and 42% of UK men – almost 26 million UK adults.

IPCsubs@quadrantsubs.com

Rockwood House, Perrymount Road

Tell us how Magazines Direct made you happy
I only received five issues of a six-month subscription and have spent four months trying to get them to send out the final issue. Sometimes they claim that I cancelled the subscription, sometimes they blame system errors, and sometimes they claim that the 'relevant department' has been asked to dispatch the issue, only to later tell me that I am not entitled to it.
Posted 13 minutes ago
Subscribed to magazine in July 2020 with free gift, now Feb 2021 and still awaiting gift. Have sent god knows how many emails and nobody sorts anything out, they just send an automated response. As the person below said 'The most incompetent customer service I have ever "received". Avoid subscribing to any magazines by this company.
Same story as other comments. They wouldn't even reply to PaPal when I opened a dispute after nearly 4 months of waiting. Not sure what their business actually is. There must be some kind of scam attached to them with all of these complaints I am seeing that are just like mine.
Avoid! I ordered a magazine in January as a gift for my mum. It never arrived. I chased them up and they said they would re-send. This magazine also didn't arrive. I requested a refund and, after several chasing-up emails, they claim to have refunded me on 6 February, but no refund has ever been received. They now seem to be avoiding my emails. I've never had such bad service - I strongly feel this company is just a scam, taking people's money and no intention of ever sending any magazines to anyone.
I paid for subscription 6 months which they took out in January no magazine received for woman and home. I have rang them twice call centre in India useless excuses twice, says over subscribed first time, then second call they had a glitch whatever that was. Would not recommend anyone use them. Not sure I will ever get my magazine.
The most incompetent customer service I have ever "received".
Since Metal Hammer were taken over by these, I cannot log in to manage my subscription. I request a password reset and the email link that that advises me to follow the link to reset my password then takes me back to the page that I need to enter my email address into to request a password reset.

I have emailed the customer support but the responses I got essentially send me the same link over and over again.

It does not matter how I explain the problem the response I get are of no help. I even recorded my screen to show the issue as a video file for them and I was sent the same link again.

Terrible customer support.
I order one specialist rugby magazine on 1st February so ready for 6tj Feb match and they took money instantly no magazine, so after many msgs they tell me I will get a mag in April and I've signed up for monthly subscription omg shock horror. I cancel and waiting for refund 😒
TL;DR - taken over 6 months to sort an issue with them out, never called me back, inconsistent

and useless, buy from them at your peril!

Probably the worst customer experience I have ever experienced.

Ordered a physical subscription worth north of £120 back in August 2020 (now Feb 2021).

I think they lost the order as they were changing IT systems.

After multiple emails with nothing other than an automated response I started calling them

I have been ringing at least once a month since August.

I was promised callbacks on multiple occasions, which never happened.

I had to send proof of purchase as they had lost the information.

Never spoke to the same person twice.

They then confirmed that they had received my payment.

They said they do not offer refunds.

Was given multiple different reference numbers for my support case, again a complete lack of

consistency.

At some point in November managed after calling multiple times over the past couple of months to

get a new subscription set up.

They said that the magazine had been delivered in December, it hadn't.

Then called and spoke to their support line, who again said that the call had been escalated and

promised to call me back and never did, spoke to different people each time.

All I wanted to do at this point was change the physical subscription to a digital one.

After not receiving the call past the weeks deadline that they said they would, I rang again on a

Monday, and had to ring a further two times that day to speak to someone who knew what was going

on, again to be told that they would sort it out by the end of the day, which they didn't.

Rang again the next day and finally spoke to someone I had spoken to the previous day.

Recommend always writing the name of the person you spoke to down so you can ask to speak to them

again but you are unlikely to be able to speak to the same person twice if you reach their

foreign call centre.

That person then said that they would have to cancel the physical subscription and be able to

change it to a digital one and that would get sorted out that morning.

I am still waiting for a final resolution on this matter.

I get that sometimes data gets lost in systems, it happens, but their complete lack of customer

care, consistent misdirection/lying and lack of knowledge is very alarming.

I cannot say this strongly enough, I would avoid them at all costs, utterly shambolic and

frustrating company to deal with.
I ordered 2 single issues of BassGuitar and have not received them. In the meantime I a being blitzed with "Offer ends in 12 hours" type marketing. I still think the magazinesdirect.com website may be a scam. Is it?
Since this company took over from
myfavouritemagazines.co.uk, I've had problems with delivery of Guitarist magazine. One issue delivered twice, and the next issue delivered 3 times, all instead of the issues I ordered. Currently, their email inbox is full so can't get in touch with them. Absolutely useless company.
It hasn't made me happy because royal mail is not delivering the tv magazines able they are useable.in fact we are not receiving anything in Horsham at all
It's not your fault
This company is a shambles. Placed an order in December for years subscription to classic rock which included a free gift and a single issue of guitar techniques. Nothing received. 5 Emails to customer services with varying responses and varying excuses, they even claimed my first issue didn't start until feb until I sent them my order confirmation which clearly stated the first issue was due January, they also asked for prrof of my entitlement to a free gift. I have had a subscription for classic rock for over 8years now and have never had a problem until this shower of ........ took over.
I am now contacting the publisher direct and the IPSO to express my complaint.
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE
They advertised an offer for Countrylife magazine in November 2020 at £6 for 6 weekly copies which I took advantage of. However the magazine was not for me so I did not renew my subscription. Horrified to see that they have debited my account with just under £38 to cover another subscription. I contacted and spoke to someone at Subscription Enquiries who was unhelpful and tried only to sell me another magazine. Avoid!
My experience with Magazine Direct has been a horrific ordeal. I subscribed to both Guitar Player and Guitar World months ago and have not received a single issue of either magazine, nor the t-shirts that was part a promotion. I've emailed several times and mostly got generic responses. I don't even have opportunity to talk someone about trying fix this problem. When these magazines deliveries were run by future media I had no such problems. I'm totally disappointed with this company. Hopefully, I'll may be able to get my money back. I don't want to ever deal with this company again.
I took out a premium subscription for a magazine but have not received any of the physical gifts included in the package, just an electronic ticket to an exhibition.

Like others on here, their customer support has been appalling !!?
I had no problem with myfavouritemagazines.co.uk during several years (Guitar techniques,Total Guitar,Guitar World...). Since they moved to magazinesdirect i had 3 problems (missing issue now out of print..., one missing CD, one wrong CD). What's a pity!
They debited my account 3 times for the same subscription. I had to call NatWest Fraud division and have my card blocked. Terrible customer service.
AVOID
Wish I had seen this review page sooner. Ordered a single copy magazine in September 2020, but never arrived. Took my money quick enough. I have chased constantly with no reply apart from a generic standard automated email. I would avoid and not use unless you want to say goodbye to your money. If I could leave no stars I would.
Ordered a single issue of Metal Hammer - number 341. An issue that I needed physical copy of as my band somehow managed to get a review there so I wanted to save it. Order was placed on 11th of November 2020. A dozen of email back and forths, an alleged 'replacement has been sent' etc. etc. No magazine arrived. Still waiting for a refund. Hope you get dyslexia and sell magazines then. Cheers.
Magazines Direct is rated 1.11 based on 141 reviews