Magazines Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Magazines Direct
Read Magazines Direct Reviews

About Magazines Direct:

Magazines Direct is your favourite magazines at great prices including Marie Claire, Woman and Home, Ideal Home, Golf, Nuts, NME, Uncut, InStyle, Livingetc, Wallpaper. Visit magazinesdirect.com. IPC Media produces over 60 iconic media brands, with print alone reaching almost two thirds of UK women and 42% of UK men – almost 26 million UK adults.

IPCsubs@quadrantsubs.com

Rockwood House, Perrymount Road

Tell us how Magazines Direct made you happy
4 weeks I’ve been trying to resolve an issue with missing issues that I am still paying for. I’ve lost count how many time I have contacted the customer service team and I keep getting told that the issue is being rectified and escalated, I’ve been told this over 15 times now. Agents fail to phone back when promised. A total joke of a company. The worst experience with a company that I have ever had. I’m still being promised the problem is being sorted and like an idiot I’m waiting for a call back that will not come. Thanks Amanda for failing to call me back last week you’re just another in the long line of clueless lying employees that shouldn’t be allowed near a telephone or computer. Somebody high up should take control of the useless muppets that work for these clowns. Avoid and buy direct through iTunes or your local magazine retailer.
Very poor company. I cancelled a subscription well before the renewal, but they still took the annual fee on a recurring debit card authority. I have emailed them four times about a refund, but it takes them at least a week to reply. At first they acknowledged that I'd cancelled the subscription, but claimed that they had no record of the payment and asked for proof. I sent them a screenshot of my bank account showing the money being taken. They replied that they still couldn't find a record of the payment, but that I should take up the matter with my bank to get a refund. My bank wouldn't oblige, as the payment wasn't taken under a direct debit arrangement, but they blocked the card agreement and advised me to go back to the company. So I emailed again, and today, two weeks later, I've had a reply. This time the company are saying that the payment was made under a direct debit, which indicates to me that they have found the payment, but don't want to give me a refund. So I've emailed back to tell them what I think of them. My subscription was £36.80, so it's not worth taking out a small claim against them, but if they're doing this to other people, they are effectively stealing money. Lessons learned - DON'T subscribe through Magazines Direct and DON'T set up a continuing card payment authority.
I have a subscription with Magazines Direct but this company took a substantial amount from my account of which they haven't paid it all back as of today 28/4/21.
Took money from my account even though I’d cancelled the subscription. No reply to email, no contact details. Disgraceful. A scam.
I’m 4 magazines behind in my subscription, i’ve sent emails and i’ve called. Their response is that their computer says it has been delivered so there is nothing more they can do. When i go to my account it says that all of the recent copies are sold out so i can’t get a replacement. I even went on fb to their page and complained and all i get is that due to covid all our staff are really busy in any emails i receive. As a company they are woeful and i suspect even if i cancel my subscription that i won’t actually see my money returned. Choose another supplier as these people are the worst i have ever encountered, if i could give a minus score then i would.
After the first 6 free copies they took my subscription but failed to send any further magazines. I made 3 phone calls and was assured the next magazine would be sent out, there was a glitch in the system, etc etc but still no magazines. I have now cancelled my subscription and am assured that my money will be returned in 10-14 days..........
Watch these guys. Took me 5 months and a PayPal claim to get my money back. They also seem to have a few websites that show great this company is. Buyer Beware. They are a scam. DO YOUR RESEARCH. And whatever you do, ONLY USE PAYPAL so you can get your money back.
Completely hopeless company. I haven't received my magazine subscription free gift after 8 months. Firstly they deny that I am entitled to a free gift. They concede when I email them proof. The gift is not forthcoming though. Terrible service. Complete waste of time. Luckily I still have time to cancel the subscription renewal, which I have done today. I will also cancel the direct debit on line with my bank. Avoid this company. There is something seriously wrong there.
Awful experience. Do NOT use this company. They charged me twice for a subscription and took other 2 months to refund me. They also cancelled an existing subscription which I didn't request that was a gift for my Mum. They couldn't get anything right! The customer service was terrible, both via e-mail and the phone. Just going round and round in circles. Everything was wrong with this service from start to finish. The worst service I have ever experienced.
Did not send my magazine. I waited for it for 2 months.
Do not buy any magazines from this company. They'll take your money and never send you your magazines and won't even email you back for a refund. This websites a scam!
ordered as a gift for a friend on 7 December for 6 months still no sign of the magazines despite 3 phone calls and e-mails. this company are scammers.
This company are running are scam. They don't send the magazines purchased and refuse refunds when requested. Had to go through my credit card to get money back. They advertise constantly to buy more magazine. Avoid at all cost.
Horrible service, don't even know if they are even a real business. I ordered a single issue which I never received. After the first month of waiting they said there was a system issue why it wasn't shipped and that it would be shipped right away. Another month and I still did not get it, they said it was shipped again, probably lost in the mail. I still never got it so I asked for a refund, they said the refund was sent. Waited a week and did not get the refund, they said it was sent and to check with my bank. I paid with Paypal so I filed a resolution and got my refund.
They have not changed my address for a weekly subscription despite informing them 3 months ago. I keep being advised the address has been changed, but it hasn't!
I only received five issues of a six-month subscription and have spent four months trying to get them to send out the final issue. Sometimes they claim that I cancelled the subscription, sometimes they blame system errors, and sometimes they claim that the 'relevant department' has been asked to dispatch the issue, only to later tell me that I am not entitled to it.
Subscribed to magazine in July 2020 with free gift, now Feb 2021 and still awaiting gift. Have sent god knows how many emails and nobody sorts anything out, they just send an automated response. As the person below said 'The most incompetent customer service I have ever "received". Avoid subscribing to any magazines by this company.
Same story as other comments. They wouldn't even reply to PaPal when I opened a dispute after nearly 4 months of waiting. Not sure what their business actually is. There must be some kind of scam attached to them with all of these complaints I am seeing that are just like mine.
Avoid! I ordered a magazine in January as a gift for my mum. It never arrived. I chased them up and they said they would re-send. This magazine also didn't arrive. I requested a refund and, after several chasing-up emails, they claim to have refunded me on 6 February, but no refund has ever been received. They now seem to be avoiding my emails. I've never had such bad service - I strongly feel this company is just a scam, taking people's money and no intention of ever sending any magazines to anyone.
I paid for subscription 6 months which they took out in January no magazine received for woman and home. I have rang them twice call centre in India useless excuses twice, says over subscribed first time, then second call they had a glitch whatever that was. Would not recommend anyone use them. Not sure I will ever get my magazine.
Magazines Direct is rated 1.10 based on 156 reviews