MCAN Health Reviews

of reviewers recommend MCAN Health
Read MCAN Health Reviews

About MCAN Health:

MCAN Health is a medical travel company based in Istanbul – Turkey, accredited by the Ministry of Health and TEMOS International, also the member of TURSAB (Association of Turkish Travel Agencies) coded as 10771.

It is awarded a 5-star treatment quality and Best Customer Service by many international platforms. With its highly skilled, internationally educated and board-certified medical staff, MCAN Health provides hair transplantation, plastic surgery, dental treatment and eye surgery with affordable prices.

Tell us how MCAN Health made you happy
I'd give them five stars if it was cheaper, overall the team was great, I'm satisfied
A did the transplant with MCAN Health 1 year ago. The results are amaizing. A have a thick hair line and a very natural appearance. Highly recommend to everyone looking for a hair transplant.
(U) - Posted 1 month ago
Great experience with Mcan from the start to the end. Everything well organized
(U) - Posted 1 month ago
I had a gastric bypass on the 20th May 2021, the surgeon failed to do the surgery successfully and/or properly as I havent lost any weight, rather i have gained weight. 3 days later after the surgery I was able to eat as normal as i was prior to surgery. I have asked Mcan about why this is happening and they have failed to give me sufficient answers. I had a video consultation on the 27th May to discuss my grievances with the surgeon and he hung up mid consultation when he was being asked questions, and failed to provide sufficient answers, the Mcan host, Aykut, called him back several times and he declined the call refusing to answer. The lack of professionalism and high levels of dishonesty is very visible across Mcan. When I had the surgeryI asked Mcan if there are any pictures or videos (just so I can see), I was told that there is none, however during the consultation the dr said that he did take picture evidence, still to this day I am still waiting to see it. Even though ive done scans Mcan has asked me to do an Endoscopy which costs over £1000 in London, at whos expense should I do the endoscopy? The dr wrote a 1 paragraph letter, calling it a report. From the start to the end my experience with Mcan has been terrible. I did my surgery at Turkey Hastanesi Hospital, the hospital is very very basic and staff do not speak english. Straight After the surgery i was asked twice by the dr and then by Saba, the mcan patient host, for extra 150 euros, this is when i was still under general anesethic and in extreme pain. First, the dr said he needs the additional money because my weight was too heavy, then he changed his story saying that he needs the money because he used extra staples. If i was in my right mind, i would not have paid that money. They know what they are doing by asking for extra money after the surgery when you are still not 100% concious and aware. I didnt even have strength to even grab my purse or even count the money, rather it was Saba that helped take the money out of my purse and count it. I felt pressured to do this and I was in a vulnerable state. I asked Saba, to order me a plug that will enable me to use my UK appliances. In my presence, she ordered it on the Turkish equivalent to ‘Amazon’, which was to be delivered immediately. I gave her 50TL to cover this, hours later she sends me a WhatsApp message saying that my order has been cancelled. She never gave me back my 50TL and acted oblivious to the fact that I gave her money. This again shows the type of reputation that Mcan holds themselves under. I have been left terrible terrible unnecessary wounds and the stitching was so bad. It looks like the surgeon stitched me with one hand and had a pint on the other hand - this is how bad it looks. Prior to payment, Mcan staff are friendly, helpful and they give you quick replies, but once they have received their money they really do not care about you. My hosts where Saba and Aykut. I noticed that Mcan has 0 reviews on their website or anywhere else regarding gastric Bypass, however i was convinced by the team that they do infact do Gastric Bypass. I suspect that the Surgeons at Mcan are not skilled enough to do this surgery and my surgeon realised that he could not do the bypass when he opened me up. I was given a covid test by Mcan that had written in turkish that its 'Not suitable for travel abroad', so obviously when i got the airport they did not allow me to travel, not only did i have to pay for a new flight and get a new covid test at the airport, i had to wait 14hours in Turkey until my new flight. Mcan were aware of this situation and i begged and requested for a driver to pick me up so i can rest somewhere comfortably, but instead they told me that a driver can not come to pick me up. Can you imagine after having 'surgery' having to sit on hard airport chairs for 14 hours? I originally had a direct flight to UK, but as the only flight that was available was a overnight transit flight, i had to stop in Amsterdam for an additional 18hours in pain sitting on a hard chair. This was one of my worst experiences ever and i dont wish it on my worst enemy. The next day after my ordeal, I messaged Saba on WhatsApp, to be told that she no longer works for Mcan. I believe that this is part of the games that Mcan play to avoid ownership. Mcan have agreed to give me back the money for the flight change, 50TL given to Saba, 150EUR claimed by the surgeon and for the covid test, and then decided to send me an email saying that they have changed their mind and are not giving me back any money because I keep writing reviews. Mcan are jokers and very unprofessional. They have no clue what it means to have an agreement and stick to it. Mcan has now resulted to threatening me with legal action because I am using my freedom of speech to tell others about my genuine experience. I also do not believe that half of these reviews posted are genuine.
I had a gastric bypass on the 20th May 2021, the surgeon failed to do the surgery successfully as I havent lost any weight, rather i have gained weight. 3 days later I was able to eat as normal as i was prior to surgery. I have asked Mcan about why this is happening and they have failed to give me sufficient answers. Even though i have done scans confirming that the surgery has not been done and/or has not been done properly, Mcan has asked me to do an Endoscopy with costs over £1000 in London, at who's expense should I do the endoscopy? From the start to the end my experience with Mcan has been terrible. I did my surgery with Dr Erol Vural at Turkey Hastanesi Hospital, the hospital is very very basic and staff do not speak english. Straight After the surgery i was asked twice by the dr and then by Saba, the mcan patient host, for extra 150 euros, this is when i was still under general anesethic and in extreme pain. First, the dr said he needs the additional money because my weight was too heavy, then he changed his story and said that he needed the money because he used extra staples. If i was in my right mind, i would not have paid that money. They know what they are doing by asking for extra money after the surgery when you are still not 100% concious and aware. I didnt even have strength to even grab my purse or even count the money, rather it was mcan that helped take the money out of my purse and count it. I have been left terrible terrible unnecessary wounds and the stitching was so bad and i am sure the surgeon stitched me with one hand and had a pint on the other hand - this is how bad it looks. Prior to payment, Mcan staff are friendly, helpful and they give you quick replies, but once they have received their money they really do not care about you. My hosts where Saba and Aykut. Saba is especially terrible and Aykut is just clueless and acts like he doesnt know what is going on. I noticed that Mcan has 0 reviews on their website or anywhere else regarding gastric Bypass, however i was convinced by the team that they do infact do Gastric Bypass. I believe that Surgeons at Mcan are not skilled enough to do this surgery and my surgeon realised that he could not do the bypass when he opened me up. I was given a covid test by Mcan that had written on it in turkish that its 'Not suitable for travel abroad', so obviously when i got the airport they did not allow me to travel, not only did i have to pay for a new flight and get a new covid test at the airport, i had to wait 14 hours in Turkey until my new flight. Mcan were aware of this situation and i begged and requested for a driver to pick me up so i can rest somewhere comfortably, but instead they told me that a driver can not come to pick me up. Can you imagine after having 'surgery' having to sit on hard airport chairs for 14 hours? As the only flight that was available was a overnight transit flight, i had to stop in my transit country for an additional 18hours in pain sitting on a hard chair. This was one of my worst experiences ever and i do not wish it on my worst enemy. Mcan have agreed to give me back the money for the flight change, additional money claimed by the surgeon and for the covid test, but what about the stress that i have gone through, private tests that i have had to arrange in London and the refund of my surgery in turkey that that didnt happen. Till this day i am still waiting for my receipt of the monies (3650 euros) paid for the surgery. Even if Mcan agree that i do the surgery again, i would never ever go back to them. I just want my money back so i can close this chapter with Mcan and never look back. I do not believe that half of these reviews are genuine. Save your money people. Now because Mcan are not happy with the fact that I am posting honest reviews, they have sent me an email stating that they have decided not to compensate me anymore and they will seek legal action against me under international trade law. International trade law is to do with customs, shipping etc. The useless people don’t even know what they are talking about.
Dear Kymberley, On June 1, 2021 you describe your dissatisfaction about our services. We gave all of our effort and all the followup team were only focused on your case to support you, contacted the healthcare providers, doctor, hospital, and tried to understand the reasons that caused your dissatisfaction. The PCR test delivered by the hospital caused problems at the airport and you missed the flight. We are sorry for this. Since it was caused by the PCR test printed and given to you at the hospital, we stated that we are ready to compensate for the flight ticket and another PCR test cost you incurred at the airport. When it comes to medical claims about your operation we have talked to our contracted surgeon as we are operating like a bridge between contracted surgeons and the patients. Our doctors are contracted and they are evaluated by MCAN Health regularly based on their surgery results and complications ratio. We only worked with the surgeons who have high operation success rates. All of our surgeons are experts in their fields. You claimed that the surgery has not been performed. We delivered the epicrisis report. We arranged a video call with your surgeon. Doctor said that " patients eat easier in Gastric Bypass surgeries than Gastric Sleeve patients. However 50% of the food is excreted with ablution. Patient will lose weight". You told us that "I had x-ray and the doctors in the UK told me that I did not have gastric bypass surgery". We explained to you that it is impossible to understand with x-ray that gastric bypass has been performed or not. Your doctor advised you to have an endoscopy, because not x-ray but endoscopy is the way to understand if you have a surgery or not if you have any doubt. He also added that he is ready to discuss with any doctor how successful your surgery is. While we were struggling to assist you, trying to communicate and support you, we heard only threats and asking more than the surgery fee you paid. You spammed all our social media accounts, all the posts, wrote on every platform including closed social media groups by defaming our reputation and calling us as "scammers". As you also know this is against our “Terms and Conditions” and this is a clear defamation of our brand. Under law, defamation occurs when there is publication to a third party of words or matters containing an untrue imputation against the reputation of individuals, companies or firms which serves to undermine that reputation in the eyes of right thinking members of society. We still want to help you. And we mean that. However we can not pay your surgery fee . Because your surgery has been successfully performed based on the medical records and your doctor's statement. If you have any proof that this surgery is not successfully performed, then again we are ready to support you towards your doctor and the hospital.
I decided to do a gastric bypass at Mcan 1 week ago, they charged me over 3000euros for the surgeon (dr erol) to open me up and realise he couldn’t do the surgery. After doing the ‘surgery’ the surgeon even had the audacity to request another 150euros because he used extra equipment. Instead of giving me back my money he pretended that he did my surgery. It’s only when I got back to London when I realised that I could eat the same prior to surgery. I did a scan to find out he didn’t do any surgery. Can you imagine? I’ve sent emails, and they are telling me that they need time to respond. Mcan are scammers, now I have to begin a lawsuit. Don’t use this company unless you are doing a procedure you can actually see because they are scammers.
Dear Kymberly, We have received your e-mail regarding your complaint. Last part of your mail was asking the refund of total surgery fee, flight tickets fee and so on. We replied and advised you to wait for a while to collect the medical reports from the hospital. Then you started to write from everywhere, all review platforms and social media. Kymberly, there is no refund possibility as you agreed by accepting our Terms and Conditions before the surgery. However, as MCAN, we are always supporting our patients in any dissatisfaction regarding the surgery. We are also supporting our contracted surgeons if there is unfair accusation. How we decide which party is the right one? We do not actually, specialists decide. There are medical reports regarding your surgery. We also collect the medical reports from you if any. Then we receive second opinion from independent doctors. If there is a need for corrective surgery we support our patients as free of charge. Please keep in touch with FollowUp Team. We are pretty sure that you will get the support.
The service was very good ,the doctors were explaned evrything very clearly befor the operation and the treatment also was exelance
(U) - Posted 5 months ago
This is my second time here at MCan Healt. My treatmend was realy good and satisfide. The people are very nice and take a good job. Also the drivers are realy nice. Thank you MCan Healt!
(U) - Posted 5 months ago
Found here a very professional team, starting from picking me up from the airport untill the transplantation and aftercare.
(U) - Posted 6 months ago
Very professional customer service prior to the operation and a very dedicated and professional service on the day of the operation and again on the follow up. Every aspect of the trip was very well organised from tranfers, the location of the hotel etc. i would highly recommend.
(U) - Posted 6 months ago
I vas happy to say that the service vas super ! The stuf was very nice ant the procedure was quite good. So , I am happy . See results in coulpe month .
(U) - Posted 6 months ago
La experiencia ha sido buena,la operacion salio muy bien y eso es lo mas importante.
(U) - Posted 7 months ago
Great care and always available to message with any queries. Incredibly helpful and faultless experience.
(U) - Posted 7 months ago
The organisation was really good.Gettimg back and forth from the location was hassle free. overall I am very pleased with my experience
(U) - Posted 7 months ago
Great experience, friendly staff, highly recommend !
(U) - Posted 7 months ago
I had an hairtransplant yesterday execellent service lovely staff very proffesional
(U) - Posted 7 months ago
Really great service didnt have to worry about anything as it was all took care of.
(U) - Posted 7 months ago
Great customer service. In spite of covid i felt safe and reassured all the way through. Good communication through whatsapp. Flexibility to make payment in various currencies. Helpful advice. Drivers were great in picking up fromhotel/airport etc. Hotel was a bit dated but staff was friendly and helpful. Hotel located close to centre. Operation explained well post/pre op. Nurse and doctor were very supportive and friendly and tried to explain where possible. More english would be more comforting but i was very satisfied nevertheless.
(U) - Posted 7 months ago
Great experience from start to finish,all staff were very professional thoughout the proccedure and was very pleased with the results.would recommend to anyone thinking of having there hair transplant to have it done here.
(U) - Posted 7 months ago
The procedure went really well the doctors were really helpful with all the questions and during the procedure......would recommend 100% 😊
MCAN Health is rated 4.80 based on 304 reviews