Mercedes Benz Reviews

30% of reviewers recommend Mercedes Benz
04AM
4AM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Mercedes Benz?

cs.uk@cac.mercedes-benz.com

Delaware Drive

Category:
Business & Office

Tell us how Mercedes Benz made you happy

Telephone
"Very Sorry and Surprised to have to write this review. As have bought many company cars from this dealer over the last 10 years. My wife has a 2006 CLK with a transmission fault. I already diagnosed the fault at home with ODB2 scanner and repairs already undertaken, so expected the standard we have to charge you £100 for diagnostics. However when Technician took the vehicle I was watching through the Service window and the work that was indicated should of been done was not. No scan was performed on the vehicle and no Transmission Fluid Level Check as I indicated which could also be the fault. Service Manage came out and I asked him had this been done and he said it had. Then looked through service window again and Technician attempted to look like he was then checking the fluid level but without taking the Transmission Fluid Cap off. Very disappointed with Mercedes Swindon after so many happy years of service from you. You have now lost another Fleet Customer.. Just because something is older does this mean you cannot expect same standards of service. John Highcock"
Are you Mercedes Benz? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"I PURCHASED A NEW E-320, FULLY LOADED. HAND WASHED FROM DAY ONE TO THIS DAY. DRIVEN ONLY 14 MILES/DAY! IT HAS ONLY 40K MILES. I BABIED THIS VEHICLE AND IT IS IN MINT CONDITION.LOOKS LIKE A MUSEUM PIECE! AT AROUND 30K MILES THE LEATHER SEAT'S SEAMS CAME APART! (???) NOTE THAT I HAVE THE MASSAGE PACKAGE SO YOU WOULD EXPECT A TOP QUALITY LEATHER USED BY A HIGH END VEHICLE RIGHT? ** WRONG **. DEALER "DID ME A FAVOR" AND REPLACED IT. LATER I FOUND OUT THAT MB * KNEW * ABOUT THE UPHOLSTERY'S LOW QUALITY THEY USED. NOW, AT 40K MILES THE LEATHER TOP, LEFT SIDE OF THE DRIVER SEAT IS PEELING OFF!! WENT TO THE DEALER - HORRIBLE DEALER BTW - (MB OF NANUET RT 304 NANUET, NY) AND THE SERVICE MANAGER, WAS QUICK TO SAY OH! WEAR AND TEAR... NOT COVERED, SORRY. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? 40K MILES? I WEIGHT 180 POUNDS, TALL AND SLIM. MY NEIGHBOR HAS A BMW WITH OVER 80K MILES, HE WEIGHTS PROBABLY 350 POUNDS AND THE SEAT LOOK LIKE NEW! DO YOURSELF A FAVOR MB HAS THE REPUTATION BUT THE QUALITY PARTS THEY USE - AT LEAST THE LEATHER - IS HORRIBLE. NEVER EVER AGAIN!! AND ALSO STAY AWAY FORM THAT HORRIBLE DEALER. I PLAN TO PUT A SIGN IN MY VEHICLE AND DRIVE AROUND WITH A PICTURE OF THE PEELING LEATHER AND THE NAME OF THE DEALER WHO REFUSES TO TAKE CARE OF IT. THAT, BASED ON THE MINT CONDITION OF THE VEHICLE MOST LIKELY WILL RAISE EYEBROWS. SHAME ON YOU MERCEDES BENZ!"
"Mercedes Benz chelsea approved used cars.... worst and most unprofessional experience I have ever had. Avoid them at all possible costs !!! My car was given to me with spilled cans of soda in the passenger seat , smelling of smoke and someone having eaten off the back seat ... this is “after” them cleaning it.... how on Earth is this acceptable???"
"I brought a vehicle from there smart range in April brand new.3 weeks later the car stop start was not working ,it was reaving by itself so AA was called and car was towed to hertford Mercedes as faulty . I got a call back from services telling me they need 1 month for the soft wear so it will be fix at end of April /1may .However I called resolution team told them the story and asked for a refund was with in my 30days brand new car already has problems .i was told investigation now I have been waiting 11 weeks in this time I have made more then 15 calls as I only get emails from a person called Sian keep getting told she unavailable she’s in training she’s on annual leave ridicules .Then Hertford Mercedes’s call me asking for money and charges for space usage as they are only Francis and Loughton where car was brought need to arrange pick up . Call Loughton they have no clue you call resolution team there asking me where the car is ? Unbelievable .i speak Hertford they so kindly get the car to Loughton and then I get a call asking me what is this call here for from Loughton service management so how is this Sian person so busy investigating when no one know what’s going on .Poor service very upsetting for such a big company .i call resolution team no one can help me but this Sian person but of course she is on training and will call me matter of urgency ? I get another email we are now in End of jun 3 months and I get email 2weeks ago there investigating I’ve been paying for insurance and my monthly instalments for no vehicle. I have handed everything to watch dog and financial ombudsmen as know my patients are low ...when it come to selling you a car they offer you the world but when something goes wrong everyone’s busy or only one person can deal with it there never around worst service I have ever had .Frist time I brought vehicle from Mercedes Benz and recommend people not to be taken by sales tactics and the dream of a new car once it goes wrong all they care about is getting there monthly payments and dragging out your complaint . All I wanted was my deposit and repayments back for faulty car and 3months and I’m still chasing and paying a car I haven’t had since Apr disgusting . A rating 1 is even to much for how I have been treated by Mercedes’s Benz so disappointing"
"CAUGHT RED HANDED Selling accidental Repaired vehicles DO NOT believe the paperwork they provide for the vehicles have it double checked or inspected by AA or RAC as they have sold us Insurance right off vehicle which they have repaired it but didn’t tell us yet gave us clean HPI report to confirm it’s a clean vehicle when it was fake report when the vehicle they have sold us had issues from day one Mercedes Chelsea full of scammers now we will get Trading Standards and BBC watch dogs involved and we will make sure to notify everywhere so you will never mistreat or scam anybody ever again. You should have taken it back when you had the chance. we will make you pay for your scam .."
"I had read bad reviews about returning your leased Mercedes and when mine was due back I was so worried. I was so certain that they will make any excuses to charge me. The day came and a nice polite gentleman came to collect it. He did not make a fuss about anything and I was not charged a penny! I had looked after the car really well and before returning it I cleaned it so well it looked almost new. Now that I have had the experience, I think those people who have written the negative reviews have probably returned their vehicle in not a very good condition and expected not to be charged!"
"After the passenger seat in my 2017 model e class malfunctioned and burnt the passenger seat and the clothing of the passenger, Mercedes have refused to take the seat apart to investigate and are implying i have caused the burn myself and are asking me to pay for further investigation into the issue! Horrendous customer service from both the dealerships and the main complaints department. This is a severe safety issue and i am now having to pursue via the motor ombudsman and solicitor! Unbelievable that one of the biggest most prestige manufacturers feel the safety of their cars and customers should be compromised to save a small amount of money investigating and resolving!"
"Brilliant service"
"Refs-Complaint. While your new car sales team couldn’t do enough for us your actual after sales has seriously let down your team within Mercedes Birmingham. Out latest purchase of one of our fleets is now back in your hands after only purchasing it two weeks ago. My constant phone calls and left messages for you to call back seems to have fallen on deaf unprofessional ears so I believe the last straw may have an impact and I’m sure once you hear what measures I’m prepared to go to may leave your team hot on their toes. I may have no other choice but to act now by reviewing your services and leaving my negative feedback on public media, google, Twitter Facebook and what’s app. I await your reply and hope this complaint will be dealt with professionally and promptly. Regards, Mr Fagan."
"Excellent Customer Service [pre and after sales ]from Steven Tay Seng Huat of Mercedes-Benz Cycle & Carriage Industries Pte Limited, Singapore. My family and friends extremely satisfied with his service ! Congratulations to Cycle & Carriage for having such a diligent & dedicated staff!"
"Mercedes Chelsea Mercedes Chelsea AVOID AVOID AVOID WORST CUSTOMERS SERVICE YET SOLD US A FAULTY VEHICLE, DO NOT HESITATE TO DOUBLE CHECK ALL THE PAPERWORK AND DO INDEPENDENT INSPECTION OF THE VEHICLE AS WE ARE STILL TRYING TO RETURN THE FAULTY VEHICLE UNDER THE CONSUMERS ACT EVEN THOUGH WE HAVE REJECTED THE VEHICLE FEW MONTHS AGO . WORST PEOPLE TO DEAL WITH"
"At the beginning of December I ordered a new build C43 AMG in the Chelsea London branch with a salesman named Jim. He was really helpful and I was really pleased with the service that I had received. A deposit was paid by the end of that day and I was given an estimated delivery date of April. He assured me he would update me and inform me of a confirmed delivery date which would be no later than 3 weeks. ( Note in the contract that they have to provide the car within 60 days of the estimated delivery date ) By the end of January I had received no updates, so I contacted him myself. Only to be told there was going to be a delay with the car due to the factory putting the colour requested on restriction. He informed me he did not know long this would be and would not be able to find out, I would simply have to wait until the restriction had been lifted, but that this would definitely happen before the next build slot come June. ( this was already outside of contract ) . I left it with him, while regularly chasing him up to see if anything had changed. At this point I was very concerned as I was part exchanging the car I currently had, but the further the date was pushed back the more money I was losing off my car. I also queried if this was going to be taken into consideration, or whether I would be compensated for what I was going to lose off the back of their factory restriction. I was told this was not their fault and they would not compensate me for my loss as this is not something that they do. At no time was I contacted by him or the branch to inform me of anything at all. Every time I got through I was told the same thing. That they did not know. Unfortunately the majority of the time I was shrugged off by the receptionist, to be told no one was in for me to speak to, only her. I find it hard to believe that the only person within the branch during sales times was the receptionist who cannot give information or make an order re a purchase. I found her customer service and attitude appalling, and in a place such as Mercedes Benz, where customers are paying a substantial amount of money I would expect a lot better. I would receive better customer service at Lidl for a pack of 85p marshmallows than I did when dealing with this branch. By February I went to visit family up in Newcastle, and while I was up there I thought I would test the waters and go down to the Mercedes branch there and just ask the question. The whole atmosphere was totally different there. You could tell the staff were passionate not only about their job and the brand itself, but also doing their very best for their customers. I was introduced to a salesman named Chris Arkley and he dealt with me from here. From the jump the process was so straightforward, and he honestly could not have been more helpful. He made one phone call regarding the colour restriction and instantly came back with a confirmed date of November. The fact that this had been so easy proves that the Chelsea branch had me on the run around and knew fine well I would not get the car until late November. I find it mind boggling that they believed it would be acceptable for me to wait 11 months for a car. ( This whole time bare in mind they are holding my ‘nonrefundable’ deposit ) . At this point I knew I had to be proactive as I was being conned by the staff at the Chelsea branch. I asked Chris to show me some of the stock cars they had available. That day I found a car I wanted. I told Chris I would be back the next day to buy it as I needed to go back to the Chelsea branch and have them release my deposit. I contacted Chelsea only to be told Jim was on holiday and again there was no one else in that I could speak to. Only the receptionist who answered my call. Again, very hard to believe she was the only person present. Sales must be pretty bleak to only have a receptionist and no salesperson on site. Eventually after calling continuously I was put through to the manager Fernando. ( who apparently was never there ). He assured me he would sort this out and have the funds released. He said the only thing he needed to find the payment and refund it was the name and date in which the payment was made. This was provided to him on the Friday. I contacted him on the Saturday to assure this had been done. Which he told me it had. Monday, no money has been refunded back into the account. So again I chased it up, only to be told he needed the beneficaries account details. I queried why this was not requested on the Friday when this was originally discussed, his reply was. We no longer have accounting on site so I was unaware of the credentials needed. Considering this man was the branch manager, I’d like to hope he had worked long enough to know how to do his job. Surely he has dealt with accounting more than once, or got the information from accounting previous to me, so this again is another thing I find very hard to believe. But moving forward once I had given over the account details he informed me that the card payment would be back in my bank within 1-2 days and the bank transfer would take 3-5 days. ( He could not give me an explanation as to why the original payments both on a card and bank transfer were both instant yet there was a waiting time for it to be refunded. Seems strange I can make instant bank transfers but a company such as Mercedes Benz there is a delay with their bank ) . Wednesday came, and nothing. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and waited before I chased it up once again. By the time Friday came, still nothing. I rang for an explation and was told the same thing by the girl on reception. No one was in. My mother who was seething at the way in which Mercedes Chelsea we’re dealing with business called them herself. To be told the same thing, no one was in. And when she questioned it, and made clear it was highly doubtful a receptionist was left to deal with the whole branch herself, the girl was clearly offended and hung up the phone on her. When she tried to call back the phone just rang through. We waited acouple hours and tried again, she answered. My mother demanded to speak to a manager, and was then put through. (What happened to it only being her in and no one else?) She was then told by Fernando the same as I was told on Monday that it would take 1–2 / 3-5 working days, which I replied that it had already been that amount of time which they had no response for. Surprise surprise. It wasn’t until the back end of the following week did the money get refunded. Which is just shocking service. I then received a voicemail from Jim, which was less than professional. Making clear he was highly offended that I had complained about the service, and in a nut shell called me a liar. Mercedes Chelsea gave the worst possible sales experience. Never have I experienced such incompetence and I can sincerely say I would never go back there nor would I advise someone to go. I would actually advise them to drive that bit further and go anywhere other than that particular branch. Back to Chris up in Newcastle. He is the reason for the 5 star rating, and I don’t think 5 stars does him any justice. He made up for all the negatives I had experienced with Mercedes thus far. His passion for cars and the brand itself was infectious and made me fall in love with the car all over again. Everything was done so quickly, and with such ease. Chris couldn’t have been more professional if he tried and I would honestly drive 6 hours every time I buy a new car for that kind of service. It was second to non and I can’t thank him enough. True car salesman and genuine guy. And for the record I love my new car, more so that I got it from him. All the staff at the Chelsea branch ruined the experience of buying the car. It’s so refreshing that one guy can change an opinion on a whole brand. As after dealing at the branch in Chelsea I was ready to write off the whole brand. So if you are reading this and you are interested in buying a Mercedes, and happen to be close to Newcastle or just fancy the drive. Ask for Chris Arkley. Highly recommended."
"Mercedes got me a CCJ I cannot remove and still show as unsatisfied. I got a lease for 3 years for an A class. From October 2014 to October 2017. I moved in February 2017 and let them know but let's say I didn't because I cannot relocate the call and because even if I didn't do it this is still such an outrageous situation and Mercedes should be ashamed to treat their customers this way. Before my lease finished I took another car through them and I am still a customer today unfortunately. The day I gave my car back they came to pick it up at my new address and said I owe them 850£ for scratches and bruises but they told me it was OK to appeal it and someone would come back to me "in the next few weeks" to sort the situation out. It was really a pis take to charge me that much this is the reason why I decided to appealed as there wasn't visible marks, but this is not the point to be honest I would have paid 850£ if a garage would have confirmed to me that this was the price for it. No one from Mercedes ever contacted me or my wife back since that day regarding that issue: no phone calls were made, no emails were sent. On the 4th of December 2017 (so 2 months after I gave the car back), I received an email from Mercedes stating that I owed them money. When we called they said that we owed them the last payment for the lease of 275£ which we made on the spot. When asked if we owed them anything else they transferred us to another department that should be able to assist us further. after 30 minutes on the phone waiting no one picked up and we thought that if we owed them money they would contact us. Now let's fast forward November 2018. I applied for a 7£ a month credit and I got rejected. After weeks of investigation I find out that there was a CCJ under my name and that my credit score was 555. Again through some more investigation I realized that Mercedes had been sending letters to my old address and took me to court in April, without having called me prior or emailed me. Still a bit shocked that in this country (United Kingdom) you can take someone to a judgement without being sure he has been informed it was going to happen. I spoke to them since, and they told me I was in the wrong for not letting them know of a change of address ). I told them we did call and they haven't been able to relocate the call. Me and my wife both remember the day we did because I had to authorize her on the account but they are saying we didn't. So let's say we didn't I still had a car registered on the right address and couldn't they match our names to see we were the same people, send an email or call? apparently not, according to them a large number of their clients share the same name which I would say is fair enough, but do they also share the same email address and the same phone numbers? Only to speak about it makes me angry and enrage because it's been 3 months now and not once they have apologized they keep on saying that they didn't do anything wrong and that it is my fault.They could have taken a direct debit instead of taking me to court as well as I didn't miss a payment in 5 years... Please note that on the 5th of December we have called regarding this and they asked us to change our address so they could update their system which we did. We called back for some feedback the day after on the 6th and funnily enough the system still showed our old address. Come on guys this is ridiculous, how a company like this have so much incompetency at so many levels? We have paid them more than one month ago now and my Credit rating still shows that the CCJ is unsatisfied. after all this they don't think they should take care of this for us at least. This is by far the most damaging thing that ever happened in my life because I am failing all the credit rating right now and I wanted to move flat because I had another son recently and we need an extra room so the baby doesn't have to sleep with us and I am failing all the credit reports I am completely stuck not to say something else. I originally wanted to buy but I had to abandoned the idea of it and rent for another year (25k that are going to go in a rent instead of a mortgage). If something similar happened to you I would be very curious to know as when I see they way they handled thing with me I cannot believe I am the only one. Thanks for your time"
". From day 1 i have received nothing but great service from ‘Stuart’ and the team, having discussions with Craig to the handover with ‘Adam’ and many more. I cannot knock the service. I was made to feel welcomed, great discussions about my options and affordability, updated, informed. Clearly great customer service and impeccable aftercare. Great work all. Keep it up! You’re all an honour to the company"
"I met the perfect salesman in Mercedes Swindon who was extremely professional and helped me to buy the car I was looking for. I do recommend Mercedes Swindon and will be buying cars from them again for me and my family. This is my first Mercedes, and I love it together with the complete package which came with it."
"Was not able to resolve an ongoing issue that has led to a breach of contract with Mercedes of Beverton, OR. Leased a 2018 MB c350e from them on April 22, 2018, failed to provide me or the DMV with the appropriate documentation so that I can register and drive this car LEGALLY in my home state of California. State of California requires vehicles out of state to be legally registered within 90 days of my lease contract. They did not do this for 5 months and therefore the car had no plates the entire time. • Statement of facts completed and signed by myself or the dealer acknowledging that the CA sales tax is included in the lease payment. • A signed power of attorney from MB lessor trustee Upon receipt of this vehicle, I took the necessary steps required by CA such as paying for smog test. On May 16th during my initial visit to the DMV, I was informed that I needed the above-mentioned documents before the car could be registered. After numerous calls to the dealership, the salesman Ion assured me on June 20th that they sent the documents to my local DMV. However, after yet another visit to the DMV on July 22nd, the agent told me that they didn’t receive the necessary documents from the dealership. They did however, attempt to contact the MB dealership on July 23rd but no one returned their call. In recent weeks I have reached out to the MB GM’s office, MB USA customer care MB USA executive office, and several others, they have noted my complaints and ask me to get Dealer upper management involved. My temporary permit, which had been extended several times, expired on July 13, 2018. Needless-to-say, I had rent a car since legally I could not drive my leased car Benz. In all my years of car ownership 60+ cars, I’ve never experienced such poor customer service. This has been a nightmare to say the least. If this doesn’t get resolved within the next 2 weeks. This vehicle was turned back to Mercedes Benz at another dealership after only 5 months ownership and a $6k loss. It was worth it to get rid of this Benz from buying experience to Corporate Managers that don't help and don't care what the customer experience is! Even my pre-paid maintenance that I paid for has not been returned even after 2 months with no end in site. Worse company ever period!"
"Mercedes Benz Whitefield Manchester. Disgraceful. They should be ashamed. Terrible/unprofessional/slip-shod/inadequate/unacceptable/ignorant/awful. Once they get your money they aren’t interested! Didn’t assess my car properly, came back with a “NO” until they was told again only then did he say “oh yes ok” Another Mercedes Dealer rectified all the issues that this sham of a place said there was nothing wrong. They are the worst dealer I have ever come across in my 25 years of driving. STAY AWAY! Appalling service never again"
"Mercedes came back with bolts MISSING on an essential rear-end part. Not only that, but the dealer denied this happened--it was discovered by another dealer that said the tech basically screwed this up!"
"Is Smart Electric car, the Loughton dealership & the service to be trusted or not? In my experience I am a "cow machine" to make money by over charging & then keeping the car for repair & may be using for company use read below & decide I fallen in love with the electric car first time I saw the AD so I bought the car from Loughton Dealer & collected on 6 march 2018. Below is the brief summary what I endured which is unacceptable by any standard: The Loughton branch refused to sign the contract because I added a clause that there is car roll on the hill. There was no written but only verbal confirmation that it is a part of car function. Only later, one of the emails of the customer service has admitted that it so. Old registered demo car sold at the current new car price: making an old woman to lose at a spot over £2000 & sold the car that does not match specifications & probably in breach of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 Promised car would be fully charged as compensation for losing money which was not kept. A few days old car charging problem: started due to not setting the car charging operation, not advising how to go about car charging, giving wrong information that it requires DC charge, refusing to assist to charge the car because it was not Mercedes responsibility & so forth made a sick woman suffer without car for 10 days & only assisted after complaining to the heads of the Company in UK & Germany. Road assistance : Twice did not keep the appointments because they could not trace me making further problems. Appointed AA service man did not act properly as attempted get into my house by asking to make coffee for him second time. Customer Service : was not helpful & finally severed all contacts in the email by Fr... Sh...., 20 April 2018, stating that, “ Please be aware that Mercedes-Benz Customer Service considers this matter closed. Any further correspondence will be logged, but will not be responded to”.

Malfunction of the car & charge : The car is with Loughton dealer now more then a month, who usually ignore me but attempted to deliver the car twice without repairing all the faults or providing any service records that my car is fit for the purpose I bought for or sent for repair. Is my car has been used for company use my Mercedes dealer? I think I can prove it. Would it be used as demonstration car for the customers to sell cars in order to make further profit as I was informed they no longer have demonstration car anymore? No Car hire: It has costed me so far over £1400 & rising every day to hire a rental car which has not been agreed to reimburse me so far. Any electric new car charging should a part of the service deal & not the customer issue which they are trying to imply & do not even bother to inform why they are holding the car & why it can not be repaired. I am wondering why such a rip off service I am receiving all around. Is the industry suffering from “ism” such as “agism, sexism, classism, racism bulishism” & so forth. I have requested Mercedes to replace the faulty car with a new road worthy car with compensation. Would they oblige? I will let you know I may put a positive review if I receive good service from NOW. In the mean time leave you to decide, if Smart/Mercedes can be trusted to a give a fair service to all customers equally who they may be as they do carry a good record?"
Mercedes Benz is rated 2.23 based on 40 reviews

Create Free Account Now

Fill the details below & get instant access