NationwideHire Reviews

of reviewers recommend NationwideHire

Tell us how NationwideHire made you happy
On 14th September ‘21, I booked a long wheel base transit van with Nationwide for 8.30 am Mon 20th through to Friday 24th 8.30am. I explicitly explained where we were to Andrew who I spoke to on the phone and he assured me that this posed no issue for their vehicle delivery and collection service. Just a moment ago on the 17th September I was advised by a representative of said company that the van would not be available until 3.30pm on the 20th September rather than the requested 8.30am. Michelle Spears / Spiers who I spoke to was very rude when asked to explain this lack of service and miss-selling and said it was because we lived in a remote place… the point being that they knew where I lived when I made the booking in the first instance. She then proceeded to cancel my booking without my consent, was not prepared to escalate my concerns with her senior management or discuss a resolution beyond ‘take it or leave it' and then hung up on me! This has left me massively inconvenienced, out of pocket and very annoyed that they can treat customers this way and get away with such shoddy service. Avoid this company at all costs.
AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!! I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH AVOID THIS COMPANY THEY ARE UNTRUSTWORTHY! Booked a van hire to move house with plenty of notice and chased and chased for days for the confirmation they have taken the money from my account and with 2 days notice have cancelled the booking leaving us with no van to move house! No explanation I rang approx. 7 times of the day of cancelation and they didn't have the courtesy to tell me! DO NOT USE - AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!!!!!
Never told me they were a broker and sent me a van that was too small. Had to send the van back but never got a refund so £419 out of pocket. Customer service person laughed at me when I asked for a refund and said " good luck with that "
I booked a van for moving to be delivered to an address where I was dropping off a hire car days before the delivery date. At 5pm on the day before delivery (due at 12pm) they called me and said there was a problem with delivering to the address and could I do a walk-in somewhere nearby to get the van. I said yes, that would be fine. I was told that they would email me back with details. They sent nothing that day and their phone lines were closed. The following day, nothing and all calls were met with "We'll call you back". I drove an hour and a half to drop off my hire car and pick up the van, and 15 minutes before it was due, they called me back to say they couldn't do it now and there was no availability until 10am the following day. This left me stranded with no vehicle, an hour and a half from my home in a remote location and with no way to move out. Basically, they messed up, did not seem to care at all, offered no attempt to help, no discount, no recompense; not even sympathy. I find it hard to believe that a company can get away with treating its customers like this.
Quoted for a hire including delivery and collection from our address. Spoke to them on the phone it was no issue and they took payment. A day before the hire they contact us demanding to nearly double the hire charge. They are not listening that they agreed a contract to supply a service, or that we have costs we can't recover now as a result. Crazy, possibly the worst customer service I've ever encountered.
Rented a van with NationwideHire UK, they act as a broker for other smaller rental companies. Problem is the rental companies they use are not to be trusted. They brokered a van rental from GoRentals, GoRentals took a 150£ deposit, but they not giving it back for no valid reason. NationwideHire handles the situation rather lightly, only sending emails to them, I've been chasing NationwideHire to take actions, so far they've been sending 2 emails and no news from the deposit. If you can't trust the rental companies, you can't trust the broker is doing it's job making sure rental companies are legit.
NationwideHire is rated 2.00 based on 8 reviews