PandaTree Reviews

of reviewers recommend PandaTree
Easy user friendly platform. My daughter enjoys learning Spanish on PandaTree.
Excellent user interface and very simple to use website. Selecting a tutor (all with deep bios), scheduling, and paying is all a breeze. The actual classes are fun and quite interactive for the kids, making learning a new language an activity they look forward to. Tutors are great, very friendly and very professional. A+ site for language tutorial.
We learned about PandaTree at the start of the quarantine when I was looking for ways to engage my 5-year-old son in Chinese conversation while his immersion preschool is closed. Neither of us parents speak the language with any real capability so it was an imperative that we figure out some way for him to practice listening and speaking. One of his wonderful preschool teachers (who is now a PandaTree teacher himself, for older kids!) recommended we look into PandaTree and I am so happy we did. My son adores his teachers, Jingrong Laoshi and Penny Laoshi, and truly looks forward to talking to them. His PandaTree class is often the highlight of the day! His teachers are terrific -- they roll right along with the conversational topics my son introduces, helping him to create stories, introducing and reinforcing new vocabulary, and supplementing with related lessons and images. My son is very energetic and can get wild during the lessons -- bouncing off the furniture and yelling loudly-- and they help to get him back on track and focused in a non-punitive way. So he has really come to value his time with Jingrong and Penny and will often mention things that he needs to tell them the next time he sees them. With the slight easing of the quarantine here in Massachusetts, my son has just started back at preschool and we are continuing his PandaTree lessons (we schedule 5-6 days per week to give him as much practice as we can -- and for his age, the 25-minute sessions are just right) because he gets so much out of them due to the 1:1 setting and the abilities of his teachers to stimulate conversation -- and, of course, the sheer convenience. PandaTree is terrific and we highly recommend it! - Jennifer K., Cambridge, MA
My son (age 5) started PandaTree weekly lessons a few months ago. It took him a few lessons to truly warm up, but since then, I've noticed that he is speaking more Chinese, in complete sentences. I spoke some basic Chinese to him, so he did have a basic understanding of Chinese prior to starting with PandaTree, but he never would speak to me in Chinese until now. I'm very impressed. The tutors we've had have been energetic and high energy, and the lessons are fun and playful. I like how each lesson reviews prior knowledge as well, as the repetition helps him remember. I have recommended this program to several of my friends, and my son told me he wants to even learn Spanish!
Great once you find the right tutor.
My son started “Virtual Language Camp ” with Pandatree...daily 25 min Spanish lesson..since the beginning of summer . We are over a month into this and his conversational Spanish has greatly improved. More important,he enjoyed his lessons and liked his teachers. I like the fact that he does not have a different teacher with the lessons, flexible schedule, reminders about upcoming lessons. I had booked a lesson by mistake and their customer service was able to book another lesson the same day. Great service.
My daughter has been learning Chinese with PandaTree for almost a year now. At first she seamed to be just okay with the lessons but now she absolutely loves them and asks to have a lesson every day. I see that she is very engaged in the process of learning and learns something new each lesson. She loves her teacher and sounds very happy when the lesson starts. My impression is also very good. The lessons are very well structured and the teachers are very well prepared. I recommend this side to everyone who is interested in learning Chinese.
My son has been with PandaTree for about a year now learning Spanish. We started last summer and would book sessions 3 days a week. We found a great teacher that my son really connected with. He was only 5 at the time so his attention span was much less and he knew absolutely nothing. She taught him the basics and would use lots of animation on the screen, props, and different voices to keep him learning. As he went off to kindergarten, we slowed down our lessons and stopped for a few months. Since Covid, it was the perfect time to pick them back up. We decided to check out some new teachers and they have all been wonderful. My son has 2 new favorite teachers who help him learn through games, props, and fun. He is doing very well and has learned colors, animals, people, phrases, and is now beginning to learn vowel sounds. I'm very impressed with PandaTree and like the fact that we can schedule classes that work best for our schedule. The platform is easy to use and the teachers are knowledgeable and professional.
Our experience has been excellent. Our 8 year old actually looks forward to the sessions and has learned a decent amount. We have used three tutors, and all three were great.
Very effective & fun! Our newly 5 year old started several months back to stay active in her Spanish during COVID-19 stay At home orders. The sessions & tutors are excellent, kind & patient. The activities, videos, games & songs are strong fun reinforcements from the lessons. If ever a question, the customer service has responded right away. We love Panda Tree!
We have loved panda tree! The teachers are really good at what they do. Their availability allows for a child to stick with a favorite teacher each week. My kids at newly 5 and 7.5 and have been able to retain quite a bit. Worth every bit you pay for the lesson! Customer support is probably the best I’ve talked to and my job involves me to call all sorts of customer support for various companies.
PandaTree has been a wonderful resource for my 3 year old son who is learning Spanish. The content is very appropriate for his developmental level and the platform is friendly and inviting. Our tutor is warm, friendly, positive and patient! Costumer service was was very quick to respond to me when I emailed them expressing interest prior to purchasing classes and they provided me with a free trial no strings attached! It was the preschool level 1 class so we basically received a free class. Here are some things I would love to see happen as the company develops their platform over time:

-Tutors wearing headsets for clearer audio and constant sounds. I am an in-line ESL Teacher and our company requires us to wear headsets so the student can hear every speech sound. It would also be really nice for the tutors to slow way down and use more exaggerated hand gestures.
-More frequent rewards throughout the lesson specific to the individual child’s interests. My child is 3. It is a struggle for him to remain engaged in an online setting. Having a reward every few minutes (especially when he participates well) would really help reinforce that engagement.
-The ability to access replays. Sometimes we can see one or two of the most recent class replays but often we can’t see the videos or audio that was played within the lesson. It would be wonderful to be able to access all of the class replays and see and hear all of the songs and videos played within the lesson.
-The ability to leave feedback or communicate in someway with specific tutors. I would love to be able to share concerns or even proud moments of my son using Spanish naturally between classes with his tutor. It would be a great way to build rapport with the tutor and help her adapt the lesson specifically for my child. If there is a way to do that, I haven’t found it yet. There is a general feedback form at the end of each lesson, but it is not clear who receives it or who I am writing to.

I hope the company will be responsive and adapt based on parent feedback. Overall our experience has been very positive and I would and have recommended it to other parents!
My 5 year old started Chinese at 3 years old. My goal was just to give her a little experience with another language when she was so young. We took a break when she tired of it and it was nice to have such a flexible platform to do this. Now she’s 5 and really enjoying the lessons. Her teacher engages her with things she likes.
My 6-year-old daughter will be traveling with us to a couple of Spanish-speaking countries. We wanted her to learn Spanish. She is just beginning, but Estefania and Ana have made her very excited to learn! They are patient and do a great job tailoring the lesson to her needs - they gloss over and review things (like numbers) that she already knows, and spend more time helping her with new words and pronunciation. We will definitely continue to take classes with PandaTree!
Since school closed, on line immersion class isn’t easy with multiple kids. We found PandaTree on time and one to one chinese lesson is keeping my son on track. It is fun and tutor praise my son as he achieves each small steps and he is so happy and enjoying his own progress.
My 5 yr old son really enjoyed his PandaTree Spanish lessons. He said, it was fun, singing, talking, interacting with his teacher.
We have found a wonderful lady who our children love - and their Spanish has improved markedly. The lessons are age-appropriate, and fun for the kids.
My daughter has really enjoyed her PandaTree lessons. I catch her singing the songs from class in her room while she is playing. We’ve noticed a great improvement in her remembering language and in her pronunciation since doing PandaTree.
Our daughter has been learning Spanish from PandaTree for around a year now. She enjoys it, the teacher is fun, and she is learning well. She is always energized after each class. I know it's working as she can hold conversations with other native Spanish speakers. Scheduling of classes is flexible and the website operates very smoothly. Perfect!
Instructors are great and the activities are even better. I would recommend PandaTree to anyone looking to learn a new language.
PandaTree is rated 4.91 based on 34 reviews