smarTours Reviews

of reviewers recommend smarTours
Read smarTours Reviews

About smarTours:

smarTours is a leading provider of direct-to-consumer, affordable travel experiences to exotic global destinations. The Company offers travelers curated, pre-packaged itineraries to over 40 destinations across the globe. By offering tours directly to consumers, the Company provides premium-quality experiences at value prices, and as a result, has cultivated a highly passionate and loyal community of repeat travelers. More than 200,000 travelers have taken a smarTours trip since the founding of the Company in 1996. smarTours is… the smarter way to see the world.

800-337-7773

info@smartours.com

545 Eighth Ave. Suite 2250
New York, NY 10018

Tell us how smarTours made you happy
Isela
Anna
smarTours 5 star review on 20th January 2020
Joseph
More Photos & Videos
For the most part this was a successful tour. However, I would have liked slightly better hotels and less free time. Most other tours that we saw gave out hats, bags, or other items with their logo. I would have liked something, and it's good advertising for the company.
As always, the hotels and the guides were fantastic. The group was interesting, diverse and fun.
Columbia itself presented some challenges- the rain, the difficulty getting from one site to some others.
Some of us felt that we spent too much time in the coffee region and too little in Medellin. Also too little planned activity in the evenings.
The Croatia and Slovenia Itinerary was basically good and overall I enjoyed the trip (Could skip the caves and stay in Lubijana instead of the coastal resort) The tour guide was efficient, but unengaged. Bus driver was great. The primary issue I had with the tour were too many sights crammed in and the meals. There were no included dinners that were not in a hotel. The optional cruise with dinner was inferior and was the most expensive. The last night's dinner was listed on the itinerary as being at a famous Dubrovnik restaurant. Not only was it at the hotel, it was inferior to every other meal we had (white bread, canned green beans etc.) Left a bad taste. Would rather have no dinner than a misrepresented bad dinner. I would definitely pay a little more for a more authentic experience with some included meals not in hotel.
Not sure if I will use Smartours again because of the last night's insulting dinner.
Guide was knowledgeable, but could have been more attentive to the special needs e.g.dietary , difficult terrain, etc. of members of the group, me included.
Trip was well organized and comprehensive.
Overall, I really enjoyed the tour. My guide, "Bonita", was fantastic! Very knowledgeable and very passionate about her adopted country. Local guides were also good. Most hotels were very nice, esp one in Delhi. One in Jaipur, not as nice. Enjoyed dinner with local family.
Some of the logistics were difficult. Smartours should work on transfers as some flight times made the travel more difficult. The other negative would be that there were 2 couples traveling together in our group who were loud, rude, and obnoxious. They made it difficult to hear our guide as they were always talking amongst themselves while she was trying to speak. They demanded to be catered to without regard to other guests needs and wishes. It would have been more enjoyable if this foursome had not been on the tour.
I would recommend SmarTours to my friends.
Our guide Sherrie was the best. She was very knowledgeable about ancient and near history. Not only a very smart lady but caring, one of our party suffered a stroke and I don’t know how we would have made it without her. The only criticism I have is too many very , very early wakeup calls. 4 am wake ups or earlier is ridiculous. I’m on vacation.
Excellent overall guide director. Baggage transfers between planes needs a lot of work. Walking was a little long, need more transportation. Overall very good tour will consider for other outings.
good value for the money however food was awful most hotels ok-we had taken the upgrades tour director excellent 4 day river cruise- not acceptable rooms full of mold and dirty food awful
My trip to the amazing Thailand was nice my tour guide was wonderful very knowledgeable the only complaint I had was the hotel resorts were not he best out of the 5 we stayed at I only really cared for 2 ... that need to change all hotel resorts should be 5 star nothing less
The weather was not the best but the country of Iceland and its people were very special and gracious. We did so many things. I might only have wished for more history of the Vikings. Enjoyed our guide. Thanks again. Mary Starke
The tour itself was amazing. The guides and drivers were excellent. The accomodations and food supplied were great. There were some small admin details that could have been improved.
No news in English at the Allure Café Mocawa and the Estelar Milla de Oro Hotels in the Coffee Triangle. The Novatel Parque 93 in Bogota was clean and acceptable and had news in English. The Capilla del Mar in Cartagena was outstanding in every respect and had news in English.
We went on the 9-day Egypt tour in November 2019. It was well organized for the most part. The welcome dinner was a little awkward - it would have been nice for the tour director to have people introduce themselves. We had to introduce ourselves to each other as the tour progressed. By the 3rd and 4th day, people got to know each other. It would have helped and it's nice to get to know your fellow travelers early on.

It is fairly fast paced tour through the Nile Valley. Our tour director was very knowledgeable and shared a lot of information. We were 27 people so that is a lot of people to manage overall.

There is a private and armed security guard who accompanies the tour group throughout the temples and museums. It is different but required agreement between governments to protect foreign tourists according to the local guide.

The history and sites are amazing. The culture is unlike anywhere you will visit. If you want to do self-touring, this is not the tour for you. There is not a lot of free time and there was only one opportunity to go out by yourself.
smarTours 4 star review on 26th November 2019
The extra tours I paid for were not worthwhile. The first tour selected was not what was described and I felt I should have received a refund.
We had a great time in South Africa with Smartours.
smarTours 4 star review on 20th November 2019
Great experience. Patrick, our tour director was fantastic and very informative. The people in Ireland were wonderful and welcoming. Very nice accommodations. I would recommend it.
Intra trip flight times were a bit early (up at 4:30 am). A lot put into day 1 (when we were most tired/jet lagged) and then less the other days when we were more rested.
Very good Tour Director. Thought trip was very well planned. Would like a more physically active tour next time with less people on tour bus. Hotels were ok, not great.
We enjoyed our trip to China with Smart Tours. We would have liked to have had less time with shopping experiences and more time at the historical sites and museums.
this is Joyce Redmon... i made the arrangements and paid for the trip.
The Thai guides were excellent and the tour of Thailand was awesome. our only complaint was the trip home. 14 hrs of layovers plus the 18 hr flight was too much. i will not be recommending this company again unless the flight info can be communicated up front.
smarTours is rated 4.41 based on 1,365 reviews