smarTours Reviews

of reviewers recommend smarTours
Read smarTours Reviews

About smarTours:

smarTours is a leading provider of direct-to-consumer, affordable travel experiences to exotic global destinations. The Company offers travelers curated, pre-packaged itineraries to over 40 destinations across the globe. By offering tours directly to consumers, the Company provides premium-quality experiences at value prices, and as a result, has cultivated a highly passionate and loyal community of repeat travelers. More than 200,000 travelers have taken a smarTours trip since the founding of the Company in 1996. smarTours is… the smarter way to see the world.

800-337-7773

info@smartours.com

545 Eighth Ave. Suite 2250
New York, NY 10018

Tell us how smarTours made you happy
Dorrise
smarTours 5 star review on 12th December 2019
Jeanette
smarTours 5 star review on 1st December 2019
Michael
We went on your So.Africa & Safari w/Victoria Falls extension tour in Feb.2020. The overall tour was excellent. It covered all the top sightseeing sites plus. Our tour director Jeremy Poole was exceptional. Very knowledgeable, detail oriented on everything, with a great sense of humor! Saw the big 5 on the safaris. Our trip to the Falls it was raining w/flooded pathways. Getting to the falls and back was an experience in itself. The mist from the falls along with the rain, made it a beautiful site. The surrounding mountains of So.Africa, driving along the coastlines are just breathtaking! The Robbins island tour was humbling. This is our 3rd trip w/SmarTours. Next Israel. Just one complaint: there was NO bottled water on the bus as in previous tours. Not good->4 stars!
We really enjoyed our Cuba Highlights Trip March 4-11th! Our guide was great with logistics. We could have had a few lighter meals mostly at lunch time. Our american guide although very informative of what "could happen" sometimes made situations more anxious than I felt necessary. She shared a lot of personal experiences about being Cuban. It was mix between super informative but at times not really necessary to what was going on and seemed to make it more about oneself than the tour... If this makes any sense. Our Cuban Guide was great, informative and extremely approachable. You could pick up on tension with our American guide at times with the bus driver and Cuban guide.
We enjoyed the itinerary and the guide very much. We found the number and cost for add on activities excessive. Many, we thought, could have been included in the basic cost. We chose smarTours because it had a good itinerary and the price was reasonable. We chose to do a group tour so that we knew what the cost to travel was going to be and with added activities the final cost to us was more than expected. Speaking to others who have used smarTours in the past the number of add ons seemed more than they had experienced.
Request that tips be included in the total price of the trip.? We had to being so much extravcash for all the tipping and still had to withdraw from atms to just cover all rhe tipping!!
Interesting country!!! Did not appreciate being brought back to the hotel at 2:30 in the afternoon with no agenda and no maps or information to go on our own. Hotel was not in a good location for walking around.
Wadi Rum was awesome - loved the "tenting". Petra was awesome; enjoyed the Petra night show.
The hotel at the Dead Sea was beautiful and fantastic!!! However, our guide dropped us off on Thursday afternoon, and had our group not made plans ourselves, we would have never seen each other after that.
Some notes about our guide: he seemed to be quick about dropping us off, as if he couldn't be gone fast enough. He did not stay in the hotels with us. When we went to the Jordan River, at the last minute he said we could be baptized if we wanted to. That was way too late to make any arrangements. We had a group of 14 which was probably planned for 30 or 40. Perhaps he was not happy doing the tour knowing the tips would be short.
I enjoyed my trip to Iceland. This was the first time I have taken a SmarTours trip and it was not as organized as other trips I have taken with other companies.
The Radisson Hotel was old and dank and not acceptable. The other hotels were fine.
Our tour director Marcelo was very good.
Guide was excellent. Hotels were very good and the sites were good> Your insurance is poor. Insurance should start when you bbook the trip.
While the tour was good, it was not what I had expected when I departed on the trip. From activities to packing, it could have been described better in the literature. All in all it was a good trip and Nicolas Patti was an excellent tour leader.
The tour was good. The hotel accommodations were clean. The food was not so good. Same breakfast everyday. Not many choices for dinner.
Guide Victor was very professional and was knowledgeable.
We had good hotels, guides and very interesting and well-traveled fellow travelers on our Smartours trip to Oman, Dubai and Abu Dhabi. I was most impressed with our jovial, Palestinian guide, who had a wonderful outlook on life despite his standing as a non-citizen in the UAE. I learned so much about this part of the world and the entire trip more than met my expectations.
I've taken a number of trips with SmarTours. Overall, the experience has been fantastic. Hotels are always in a great location and it's nice handing over the responsibility of planning visits to all of the major sites to someone else.
Good tour for the money. Tour guide at Capetown was poor.
We had a group of 10, so the bus was small and not that comfortable as the regular bus. The hotel in Dubai was good but the location was not great. Our tour director Muhamed was very good. Overall we had a good time.
It would be nicer to have other attractions included in the iternery rather than just mostly buddhist temples in Bangkok. Should include more attractions in Bali.
This was my first trip with Smartours. I felt it was a good value for the money. Our tour guide, Jeremy Poole, was excellent. Very knowledgeable, very patient and kind. I highly recommend him. My mom got sick and we ended up off the tour for a few days. That was scary but I was able to keep in touch with Jeremy's colleague Ron McGregor (Jeremy was in an area with minimal cell coverage) and that was very comforting. Ron was a huge help. One thing I would recommend changing about this tour, leaving Capetown and flying to Durban, we had a very early morning flight that required a 3:30am wakeup to get to the airport in time. I understand schedules need to be set but that one was unacceptable. It was a very long day with less than adequate sleep and with most travelers between 65-85 years old, it was very difficult. it adds to the exhaustion that already comes with this kind of trip (long plane travel, jet lag, on and off buses, on a very fixed schedule). I recommend you adjust this and find a more appropriate flight schedule from Capetown to Durban.
My only complaint was too many early wake ups. One morning 3:00, another 4:00, another at 5:00 and most every other day 6:30. I did like the number of free days or half days that we could either rest or go on an optional excursions. The included meals were great. I particularly liked the safari in the open vehicle in Kruger. Our guide and driver was superb. Jeremy Pool was a great guide. Our accommodations were great. I felt it was a good value for what we received.
I was told by others that the quality of Smart Tours has gone down in the last several years. I would have like to have seen Vila de Leyva, Boyaca, and Santa Marta and more about Simon Bolivar especially since the Netflix series is very popular. However, our guide Carlos was beyond outstanding, he became everyone's friend and is an expert at everything he taught us. One coffee plantation is enough! Airline delays are ridiculous and Smarttours should NEVER book late flights out for senior citizens. The pace was far too strenuous for many people due to airline delays.
Our guide was exceptional and really made the tour fun! Keshara made the tour. Very knowledgeable, and caring. China east airlines was probably the worst airline I have ever flown! Lousy service. The food was inedible and the seats uncomfortable. After 15 hrs this experience did not put us in a good frame of mind to begin the tour. The elephant camp was a huge disappointment. The sites were great and the cooking lessons were really fun.
Other than China East, the elephant camp and the awful air pollution we had a good time. Hats off to Keshara.
smarTours is rated 4.41 based on 1,366 reviews