smarTours Reviews

Under an hour
customer service
Read smarTours Reviews

About smarTours:

smarTours is a leading provider of direct-to-consumer, affordable travel experiences to exotic global destinations. The Company offers travelers curated, pre-packaged itineraries to over 40 destinations across the globe. By offering tours directly to consumers, the Company provides premium-quality experiences at value prices, and as a result, has cultivated a highly passionate and loyal community of repeat travelers. More than 200,000 travelers have taken a smarTours trip since the founding of the Company in 1996. smarTours is… the smarter way to see the world.

800-337-7773

info@smartours.com

545 Eighth Ave. Suite 2250
New York, NY 10018

Tell us how smarTours made you happy
You didn’t take in account the age group of people who can take these kind of trips. Being on overnight flights most can’t sleep on a plane and as soon as we get some place like Sydney we went right into the tour!! We were all delirious and felt yucky! I have a lot of friends who asked me about this tour. I told them it was push push push with not enough time to relax and the layovers at the airports were ridiculous!! In Fiji the food was gross and we were lied to by the tour director. He changed our last meal together because IT WAS GOING TO BE BETTER. IT WAS GOING TO BE A SEAFOOD BUFFET! No it wasn’t!! No seafood whatsoever except a few little scraps of some fish!! I didn’t like that tour director at all. He set up everything according to HIS CONVENIENCE!! It was OUR TRIP! WE PAYED FOR THIS TRIP!! I will not be taking a smart tour again unless you present me with a deal I can’t refuse!
This was our 11th trip with Smartours. Overall the quality of this trip was less good in the past. Despite the high cost there were few included meals and tours. Optional tours were offered but expensive. Further, especially in Sydney there were too many options as to time and date so making it difficult for the tour leader to coordinate. In Australia, since we flew between cities, there was little time informing us about the country, if you elected not to go on the optional tours. As usual the descriptions of the tours was somewhat unrealistic, raising expectations which could not be expected to be fulfilled - most animals function best at dusk or at night, so one cannot expect to see them during a morning tour. Although interesting the "Farm stay" in Fairlie, NZ was simply a bed & breakfast, the hosts once owned a farm, but now simply live in a house with no animals around. Your choice was probably based on cost, but the outward journey was very long - several hours were added by having to fly through Sydney to get to Auckland. This was in addition to a 15 hour flight LAX-Syd. and our connecting flight from the east coast. We were en route for 42 hours! Of the hotels, that in Melbourne was the weakest, including limited internet which functioned very poorly. Welcome and farewell dinners very OK at best. One had the impression both restaurants just wanted us to eat and get out. Food was scanty.
Was not prepared for this type of trip. Our own fault, but some clarity from SmarTours would have been helpful. Glad we took advantage of the opportunity, and from what we heard, SmarTours was probably the best option we could have found for an excursion to the Antarctica.
The seats on the flights were not good and we were unable to upgrade due to the last minute seat assignments. I don't plan to use SMARTours again. The hotels and breakfasts were good. However since most tours, lunches, and dinners not included we spent a lot of money on the items.
I was dismayed that you did not mail to me the preliminary papers - but your rep lied and said they had been sent out. I was dismayed that when I called to tell you the plane ticket # to Abu Simbhel was missing, your rep lied and said it was part of the same ticket to Aswan. (We were forced to get off the plane, go through security again, get tickets and re-plane.) Shame on you!
All guides and staff were great, particularly Fernando, Naxu, and Nadia. Santiago was a waste of time and money. Smartours should have worked to change itinerary. Argentina and Iguazu Falls were absolutely tremendous!
Too too much info. We were going eight hours a day. Too rushed
MY guide for the cruise part was great. The land guide was horrible and for that reason I would not recommended Smart tours.
The Tour guide was good. Room was terrible paid for upgrade room was water level I don’t. Know what our upgrade was very disappointing we’ve. Traveled with you many times
The tour guides in each city were very knowledgeable and could speak English wonderfully...with the exception of the tour guide in Madrid. Her English was not at the same level as the other tour guides. Our tour director was good but not on the same level as our other Smartour tour directors. We were surprised to learn how long she had been doing tours, she seemed to be learning. Because her energy level was low, it made the groups energy low. Agur was very sweet but her communication was not the best, we learned that if we didn't ask questions just the right way, she would not elaborate on an answer.
Done a few trips....but this time was abandoned by them in Japan because of a typhoon.
Some misleading information on itinerary which was a little disappointing. Would have liked some more substantial information from guide. Not enough time at stops to explore.
Trip good, not outstanding.
Never received luggage tags and were told they were mailed to us. Too many buffets. Warn travelers of theft problems we encountered at the Johannesburg airport. Great tour guide. Ron was very knowledgeable.
Most of the hotels were good in terms of quality, but the breakfasts were below average in several places based on other trips. The trip should have had a brief stop in Abudhabi. The 4 hour layover affected the arrival agenda. The location of the hotel in Fiji was not good. We were not shown some of the beautiful parts of the Island. These are reasons why rated acceptable.
Nile cruise was a bomb...became ill from bad water in drinks... was sick for 4 days. Diarrhea and throwing up was suffered by many people including myself and our daughter. The guide was great. We loved the trip, but when your sick in 90 degree heat.. it became a trip of endurance.
Hotels were not great except for the last 2 nights in Athens
The tour itself was good. Travel arrangements both ways were poor. Couples not seated together and scheduling snafu on return directly responsible for missed flight and unscheduled overnight layover in Lima. This degree of traveling inconvenience makes it unlikely that we will choose smarTours in the future.
The tour guide tried to include too much in his explanations of the places we visited. He lost me many times with his Portuguese. The add on excursions were not worth the price. Too few meals were also provided. This was my sixth Smartours and it was the worst I have been on. The guide was also not very considerate of the older clientele under he was called out.
Was not happy with the riverboat tour. Food was just OK. Excursions were OK. Having been on another riverboat cruise, this one paled in comparison. I love Smartours and have another trip booked for April, but I would not go on or recommend one of the riverboat trips.
smarTours is rated 4.39 based on 1,218 reviews