smarTours Reviews

85% of reviewers recommend smarTours

About smarTours: smarTours is a leading provider of direct-to-consumer, affordable travel experiences to exotic global destinations. The Company offers travelers curated, pre-packaged itineraries to over 40 destinations across the globe. By offering tours directly to consumers, the Company provides premium-quality experiences at value prices, and as a result, has cultivated a highly passionate and loyal community of repeat travelers. More than 200,000 travelers have taken a smarTours trip since the founding of the Company in 1996. smarTours is… the smarter way to see the world.

800-337-7773

info@smartours.com

545 Eighth Ave. Suite 2250
New York, NY 10018

Tell us how smarTours made you happy

Under an hour
Deborah
"SmarTours South American Odyssey was a terrific itinerary, we had a cohesive group who loved every minute of it, together and individually! We had great guides, very informative and very funny! Plus there were a few very adventurous activities added that were outstanding!!! Loved this tour!!!"
"Tour was delightful. Accommodations were as good as advertised. Good food. Travel on planes and bus easy. Excellent tour guide and assistants. Negative would be too many early early wake up calls."
"Great service. Our tour and guide were turned to be just awesome. We had an incredible time visiting many beautiful places."
"This is my third trip with smarTours, and I have thoroughly enjoyed visiting India, China, and now Peru with smarTours! Our group visiting Peru was THE perfect size with a total of 14. Everybody got along so well and had so much in common. It was stimulating to hear others talk about their travels while increasing my desire to travel to other areas not yet visited. Our guide Enrique was excellent and enhanced our stay in Peru with his knowledge of the Inca culture and civilization. He arranged for us to have a local guide at Puno who also did an outstanding job sharing her love of country and people with us. I compared several travel agencies before enrolling in the Machu Picchu trip. SmarTours offered the best value and covered more places that I desired to see in Peru than other agencies. My only complaint was the long wait in Miami for the Avinca departure. We were told that our flight would be leaving at 11:00 pm, and we did not leave until 2:50 am. Since we were told to arrive at least three hours before departure, we were at the Avinca ticket counter by 6:00 and could not even check in or go pass the security point until the ticket counter was maned after 1:00 am. It was very uncomfortable to wait outside the security area for eight plus hours. Thus we started our trip off very fatigued."
"This tour was great!! Our tour guide Johnathan was amazing! Couldnt have asked for a better person!"
"Excellent guides. Great accommodations in Egypt. I’ve been on 2 Smartours. Both needed a little more relaxing time. 2 forced marches a day is not a vacation; it’s a fact finding mission. I was disappointed in the tipping scheme in Egypt. Our guide, Hepa, in Abu Simbel insisted we tip the “travel agent”. It appeared to me that he was a man who owned his own business, and therefore should not require a tip. He provided a product, and no service except leading us to the bus, which Hepa should have done. It felt like Hepa was shaking us down for her colleague, especially because it wasn’t mentioned in your tip guide. Dina was very good about explaining tipping the government paid security agent, if he provided a special service. I contributed significantly to the economy, by purchasing gold jewelry and I am happy to tip appropriately. I am not happy to be hustled no matter how small the amount."
"Smart tour is an excellent company I had a great experience I would recommend it to everyone everything was five star from the food to transportation the tour guides everything"
"What a great trip! Loved the guide, Jacob made the trip very pleasant and enjoyable. He was thorough and very knowledgeable. Could have done without 2 nights at Lavi, one was enough. Bus was very comfortable and we experienced everything we could in the time permitted. Hotels were comfortable and clean."
"Itenarary ie well organized and we have a good tour guide"
"My trip to Israel was very good. I really enjoyed the places visited. However, vacation should not be exhausting but exhilarating. There was too much walking for seniors, waking up early every morning was ridiculous. The return trip home could have been on the previous day because checking out of the hotel at noon and just left to wander around all day waiting for midnight departure was unbearable."
"Amazing amazing amazing. PERÚ. The trip, the guide and fellow travelers. The very best. Will be doing further tours in the future"
"Excellent China trip, saw all major sights led by superb guide, Oscar who went above and beyond to ensure maximum enjoyment. Local guides were also excellent and knowledgeable. Itinerary was wonderful; trip information from booking onward was clear and efficient; hotels, food and transportation were of a high standard. Absolutely no negative comments. True value for money and would certainly recommend SmarTours."
"Our trip to France was well organized and covered a huge amount of territory and places of interest. Our guide, Urban was knowledgeable, helpful and talented! He helped make the trip special. He especially helped make Normandy, the beaches and Cemetary come alive! Our hotels were sub par compared to any other company we had ever travelled with. The apartment stay in Rouen was pretty bad. Our first night gathering for wine was in a bare and depressing room. Dinner following was cramped and super noisy. A venue change is needed. Our trip,however, was well thought out with a rich itinerary."
"The South America Odyssey tour would have been rated very good IF the Porto Varas and Rio de Janeiro stages would have been longer. A few hours in the late afternoon in the picturesque Porto Varas was far too short and surely Rio deserves at least one more day. Both cities felt rushed. The rest of the trip was exceptionally well run. The guides and the hotels were outstanding. It offers some of the most picturesque locations on the planet and it’s a photographic tour de force. Ms. Levin’s skill as a tour guide is unmatched as she shepherded is thru all the venues. Extend the two afore mentioned stops and you have a fabulous itinerary."
"Great trip! Bonita was absolutely the best guide I have ever encountered—knowledgeable, enthusiastic about her adopted country and fun! The tour was as advertised—the Best of India, and it was!"
"I enjoyed the tour. Sorry we were unable to go out on the boat. 7 days was plenty of time to see most things."
"Exceeded our expectations , the choice of hotels were excellent . Enjoyed the experience!"
"Loved my trip to Israel. Jacov was a great tour."
"Urban was an excellent tour director who was very knowledgeable, well spoken and totally concerned with giving his guests a quality experience. A little bit too fast paced for most tour participants. Adria hotel in Caen was below Smartours standards. Included meals were quite enjoyable."
"This was our first trip with Smartoursand it was definitely great value. The trip was packed with wonderful sights to see everyday, and everyday better than the one before. Our tour leader, Urban Soban was excellent, very knowledgeable and personable. The downside for me was that the tour had 38 people."
"The Smartours Portugal tour was awesome. Our tour director Romina was great. I loved all the cities we visited. Hotels were excellent."
"My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our trip to Peru. We visited many of the major and not so major sites, stayed in very comfortable hotels and had meaningful interactions with native Peruvians. Our tour guide, Enrique Virto Bueno, was knowledgeable, enthusiastic and organized - he was excellent. Our only regret was that because of flight delays and a tight schedule we did not see much of Lima. I would also suggest that Smartour list the actual time of the flight leaving Miami. We thought it left at 11:50pm and so arranged our flights to be there three hours earlier but the flight actually left at 2:50am making for a very long layover."
smarTours is rated 4.39 based on 616 reviews