smarTours Reviews

of reviewers recommend smarTours
Read smarTours Reviews

About smarTours:

smarTours is a leading provider of direct-to-consumer, affordable travel experiences to exotic global destinations. The Company offers travelers curated, pre-packaged itineraries to over 40 destinations across the globe. By offering tours directly to consumers, the Company provides premium-quality experiences at value prices, and as a result, has cultivated a highly passionate and loyal community of repeat travelers. More than 200,000 travelers have taken a smarTours trip since the founding of the Company in 1996. smarTours is… the smarter way to see the world.

800-337-7773

info@smartours.com

545 Eighth Ave. Suite 2250
New York, NY 10018

Tell us how smarTours made you happy
Dorrise
smarTours 5 star review on 12th December 2019
Jeanette
smarTours 5 star review on 1st December 2019
Michael
smarTours would not refund our deposit after they cancelled our September 2020 trip to Spain because of Covid-19. We will never recommend this travel agency to anyone, and travelers should be aware they do not refund anything because of Covid-19. Do they refund money for any other situation, it is not known.

We will never use this travel agency, and we will never recommend smarTours to anyone.
I had gone on 2 SmarTours to South America and China and they were middle of the road tours that covered most of the sites in good accommodations.However, I had a credit with the company and booked Iceland as it was 1 week and close to NY.
But I was not strong enough to do the tour and cancelled 3 weeks before and the policy was to subtract $1500 and refund the rest. They did not honor their policy-they cancelled the tour afterwards. They ignored my requests to honor their policy-they refused to respond.They said I had to have a credit but I am unable to take another tour.I filed a Trip Mate insurance claim which was denied with documentation,medical statement which I submitted. It took 3 months to deny my claim. This company is a nightmare of non communication and
ignoring their own policies. Buyer beware.
Despicable company and despicable company policy. Obviously they canceled my May 2020 trip to Greece and have forced me to accept rebooking next May. Woe to anyone in my group because I will be very unhappy to have to travel with this company next year or ever. I called, I emailed, I wrote the president a letter asking for a refund. How dare they continue to have the use of my money – full payment – when they fail to provide the services I contracted for?I also requested information regarding travel insurance for the 2021 trip and, no surprise, no response at all! Horrible company, horrible customer service. You are warned. I suspect they are keeping my money because they are close to going bankrupt - Why else would they be so afraid to return what is rightly mine and hope that I will reschedule all on my own?
I couldn’t have imagined a trip as enjoyable as this one was! Our guides, Eiman and Farid, did an outstanding job of of showing us the many artifacts and sights of Egypt. Without their expertise and skill we could not have seen so many sights and learned so much about this amazing country. They were prepared for everything and even handled the occasional and unexpected glitches before they turned into catastrophes. Eiman and Farid went above and beyond to secure a safe, comfortable and utterly enjoyable trip!
Our guide, Noc, was the best! Our driver, Aod the same. They made the tour a great experience! I would do another with them without hesitation.
Karl
We felt our trip should have been postponed. We made it home without contracting the Coronavirus by the skin of our teeth.
The tour to South Africa was outstanding! Jeremy Poole is a superior guide who was very knowledgeable, efficient, kind, fun, and a great person to know. The Victoria Falls extension was also fabulous, including the day trip to Chobe National Park in Botswana. Altogether, and wonderful experience. I recommend this trip!
We took the Amazing Thailand a couple of weeks ago with Nok as our guide. It was a once in a lifetime experience. Learned so much about the culture and the country. Nok was great and just a lot of fun which helped make this to the top of my travel tour experience.
We went on your So.Africa & Safari w/Victoria Falls extension tour in Feb.2020. The overall tour was excellent. It covered all the top sightseeing sites plus. Our tour director Jeremy Poole was exceptional. Very knowledgeable, detail oriented on everything, with a great sense of humor! Saw the big 5 on the safaris. Our trip to the Falls it was raining w/flooded pathways. Getting to the falls and back was an experience in itself. The mist from the falls along with the rain, made it a beautiful site. The surrounding mountains of So.Africa, driving along the coastlines are just breathtaking! The Robbins island tour was humbling. This is our 3rd trip w/SmarTours. Next Israel. Just one complaint: there was NO bottled water on the bus as in previous tours. Not good->4 stars!
We really enjoyed our Cuba Highlights Trip March 4-11th! Our guide was great with logistics. We could have had a few lighter meals mostly at lunch time. Our american guide although very informative of what "could happen" sometimes made situations more anxious than I felt necessary. She shared a lot of personal experiences about being Cuban. It was mix between super informative but at times not really necessary to what was going on and seemed to make it more about oneself than the tour... If this makes any sense. Our Cuban Guide was great, informative and extremely approachable. You could pick up on tension with our American guide at times with the bus driver and Cuban guide.
Iceland was cold, but breathtaking. It would have been a very enjoyable trip if it had not been for the indifference and lack of caring of our guide, Helga

She did only the essentials and never offered even the slightest information or interests to our safety and comfort.

I was in a walker and when I asked her for the handicap facilities of the different locations she never gave me any type of information..in fact, she told me, "You can't expect us to worry about your problems"

We received more information from the hotel staff then she ever bothered to give to us.

The beauty of Iceland is the only positive part of this trip

Ann
I traveled with Smartours twice in the last year, once to VietNam & Cambodia, then to South Africa, & Victoria Falls. Both trips offered great value for the money, the opportunity to rest or take an optional tour on some days, and the best tour guides. Accomodations were beautiful and the groups were under 24. We all had a great time. I plan to travel with Smartours again.
Helga, our tour guide, was just terrific! Iceland was truly an amazing country, geologically and culturally. I will go back for a few days the next time I head to Europe, perhaps do ground tour with flight from my regional international airport versus connecting JFK.
Overall experience was very good. Guide was excellent. Some of the days were a bit long and getting up early wasn't fun, but I would still recommend it.
The trip to Costa Rica was wonderful, the country is beautiful, the in country activities provided by SmarTour beat my expectations, the optional extra were worth the extra money and it was a totally delightful trip. Our tour director, Cesar Florez, was very knowledgeable and did a great job of getting the whole tour group on board for the activities. We could not have had been a better tour director. The bus driver, Jesu, was also very helpful and pleasant. He always had a smile and a helping hand for us when needed.
informative and interesting with many excellent cultural experiences
This was my first time on a organized group tour and I was a bit apprehensive. This tour turned out to be one of my favorite travel experiences. Our guide, Iyad, was a wealth of knowledge, the accommodations were good, the other travelers were wonderful to be around, and the touring was fabulous!
We enjoyed the itinerary and the guide very much. We found the number and cost for add on activities excessive. Many, we thought, could have been included in the basic cost. We chose smarTours because it had a good itinerary and the price was reasonable. We chose to do a group tour so that we knew what the cost to travel was going to be and with added activities the final cost to us was more than expected. Speaking to others who have used smarTours in the past the number of add ons seemed more than they had experienced.
Request that tips be included in the total price of the trip.? We had to being so much extravcash for all the tipping and still had to withdraw from atms to just cover all rhe tipping!!
Arizona was one of the BEST tour guides that I have experienced ( and I travel extensively). The bus driver and the bus attendant were skilled, terrific and attentive, The bus was clean and virus precautions were in place. The tour was very comprehensive, informative and fun. However, I thought the hotels (Fez in particular) were not the best and the food selection was limited throughout the tour.
smarTours is rated 4.41 based on 1,366 reviews