smarTours Reviews

86% of reviewers recommend smarTours

About smarTours: smarTours is a leading provider of direct-to-consumer, affordable travel experiences to exotic global destinations. The Company offers travelers curated, pre-packaged itineraries to over 40 destinations across the globe. By offering tours directly to consumers, the Company provides premium-quality experiences at value prices, and as a result, has cultivated a highly passionate and loyal community of repeat travelers. More than 200,000 travelers have taken a smarTours trip since the founding of the Company in 1996. smarTours is… the smarter way to see the world.

800-337-7773

info@smartours.com

545 Eighth Ave. Suite 2250
New York, NY 10018

Tell us how smarTours made you happy

Under an hour
Gregory
"The tour was exceptional for the following reasons: 1. Great tour guide with superb explanations relating historical context to the activities and sights seen. 2. Great explanation of safari animals by the guides with the ability to see the big 5 in all reserves visited. 3. Excellent food and good accommodations. 4. Victoria Falls is a must see with the tour of Chobe park in Botswana a must see! 5. The only minor criticism I would offer is that the optional tours could have been better described and explained during the planning phase but the tour director more than made up for this with good explanations and descriptions."
Katherine
"Glad you added Costa Rica! We had a fantastic trip, with a great guide, Victor, and driver Jose. The other people on the trip were also great to travel with, thankfully! Beautiful country and people. Love Costa Rica."
"The trip as all the Smartours was amazing! Our tour director Henry and all of his associates were very knowledgeable, helpful and professional! Every trip I take with Smartours I come back and say Trip if a Lifetime but then I take another Smartour trip and it is equally incredible!!!"
"Great tour‼️ The best tour guides, very helpful and insightful. I can’t wait to visit China once again."
"Excellent company. Trip was well organized with experienced and knowledgeable tour guides. Very happy that I made the decision to travel with smarTours."
"Expectations exceeded. Would definitely go on another smartour. . Tour guide was excellent itinerary was excellent. Tour was organized And ran smoothly."
"Wonderful guide and driver. A totally wonderful experience with each tour provided. Excellent accommodations!"
"In general this was an excellent tour. It would have been better if there had been a Smartours guide for the entire tour in addition to the local guides as I have had on every other Smartours trip I have been on. That said, the choice of sites for the city tours and the optional tours was excellent. The pace was pretty intense, but it helped to take a spa day in Bali. We had a great time."
"All aspects of our tour were very well organized and ran smoothly"
"Our Guide was great! It was a wonderful experience. However, I am disappointed in SmarTours as they no longer cover any dinners or lunches. I have been using SmarTours for several years now and am looking at other Tour companies as most other Tour companies have some dinners or lunches included. There are two many additional charges which I feel should be included. Especially when there is not anything planned for a long time during a day. In these cases, the additional Tours should be included. I would highly recommend that SmarTours look at what they did in the past as that worked very well."
"Overall could of been a 10 (was a 5) but after 5 shopping experiences (mandatory ) a guide that did not care & was going into the coffee business soon (I did not care about that-good luck to him - but at least pay attention to the job at hand) a Mekong delta cruise that was not at all as printed (boring & we went in circles-the Staten Island ferry is far more adventurous-the hop on hop off bus would of been way better ) & of precious time wasted as was the water puppet fill in show-boring & a waste of time.Bus's were old-no toilets/back doors/no escape from the rear. I had requested war museum experiences & the "guide" screwed up all 3 possibilities.It was the reason I went to Vietnam.Certainly I will let ICS know, trip advisor & anyone else I can get to.My $ + time + suffering is in the past. Really-3 hours to get to BA NA/SUNWORLD each way to spend 20 minutes on the top????why-a local tour brochure blew me away with its program compared to being rushed through it - senseless No free time in Halong bay to walk the interesting shoreline(you stated it in the program).I could go on but its one of those -if I only knew.I trusted you/ICS/the guide & local guides.Huge mistake. I do not expect to hear from anyone because the $ has been spent by me & in your account. Alan golden"
"Air travel flight #'s and concomitant information lacking; 'guides' not knowledgeable. We were dropped off at International rather than Domestic check in area for return flight home; many of us said on Airport arrival that we needed Domestic. We were ignored."
"Our guide and our naturalist were superb - attentive to the group, providing wonderful information and advice and ensuring that each participant was able to make the most of this unique tour. Our accommodations were wonderful as well, allowing access to the city in Quito and ensuring a Galapagos experience complementary to the philosophy of the environment..... perfect. The only disconcerting aspect of this trip was airline experiences, delays and cancellations!"
"Our SmarTours trip to South Africa was outstanding. It was a first smarTour we had taken and we would definitely take another one. Our tour guide, Jeremy Poole, was organized, knowledgable, and did a great job leading our group, keeping everyone on time, including every aspect of the tour possible while giving us good usable knowledge about the country, its history, and its complexity. The size of the group was good and we thoroughly enjoyed our experience and felt that we saw and learned a lot."
"The tour itself was good however we had more free time than any tour that I have ever been on before and we had no access to the guide at that time as he was off site. We do not have International cell Service. Mohammed did not recommend the optional in Aba Dhabi. The optional in Dubai was one of the highlight and I think it should have been made inclusive of the tour. Our Cuba tour was outstanding with smart tours and we are planning on going to Ireland in July"
"A fabulous tour. Travel Director Fabian Guzman was an exceptional guide. He is a 5+."
"Max, the guide in Thailand, was amazing. Very knowledgeable and accommodating. He had every answer and took care of every problem. I loved our tours. They were great"
". The tour required waking up early in the mornings which did not give enough time to rest and sleep on most of the days."
"Our tour of Thailand was fabulous. We saw so much and had such a wide variety of experiences. Our tour guide, Nok, was the best!"
"Very nice tour. The tour leader was very nice and so were the local guides."
"Fantastic experience. Would be nice to go to the national park in Ushuaia before getting on the las charter flight. Really enjoyed the Hurtigruten expedition"
"Tour director was just ok. She was very organized and punctual. She lacked empathy to the clients it seems and not very focused on catering to them. Given the $ amount spent on this trip it seems as though she could have done better and put forward more effort towards making our experience more enjoyable."
"Hotels and included meals were better than expected. Our guide was excellent. Disappointed that no arrangements were made for New Year’s Eve."
smarTours is rated 4.43 based on 515 reviews