smarTours Reviews

of reviewers recommend smarTours
Under an hour
Read smarTours Reviews

About smarTours:

smarTours is a leading provider of direct-to-consumer, affordable travel experiences to exotic global destinations. The Company offers travelers curated, pre-packaged itineraries to over 40 destinations across the globe. By offering tours directly to consumers, the Company provides premium-quality experiences at value prices, and as a result, has cultivated a highly passionate and loyal community of repeat travelers. More than 200,000 travelers have taken a smarTours trip since the founding of the Company in 1996. smarTours is… the smarter way to see the world.

800-337-7773

info@smartours.com

545 Eighth Ave. Suite 2250
New York, NY 10018

Tell us how smarTours made you happy
The trip to India and Nepal was so much more than I expected as a first time client . The guide Mr. Jasvir Saurana was incredible in so many ways. He was very knowledgeable ,caring and one of the best guides I ever had. He went above and beyond. The only Hotel the Ramada in Jaipur was not exceptable, it was very dirty. I will travel again with Smartour. Sandra
If I could give smartour zero stars I would. I have been in a dispute with smartours for four months now. Smartours made a mistake on my last name and never fixed it! Luckily, the day before the trip I called to ensure my name was correct on my ticket. It wasnt! The day of the trip I was calling back and forth with smartours until they came to the conclusion that they needed mw to pay 150$ to fix a mistake they made or I can chose to not go on the cruise and wastes thousands! With months of calling and filing complaints on the BBB they promised me a refund and lied to my credit card company saying they did give me a check. They never did. They never call you back when they say they will. The customer service here is the WORST EVER. The stress smartours has given me the day of my trip really set a horrible mood for my trip I was planning for a year. When putting so much money into a trip like I did you want to make sure you have good customer service and a fast response in case there are problems. Go to a different company and be stress free!
Good tour guides and beautiful places.
Tour guide extremely organized, knowledgable, and on time. The safaris were outstanding! Memorable trip in every aspect! Smart Tours are a repeat choice for our travels.
Air France cancelled.I think Smart Tours should have a prescence at the airport to facilitate our obtaining alternate flights.mMany of us weren't in any computers and had to fend for ourselves for hours to find another flight.The experience was lousy and anxiety inducing
Pollman tours rep, Francis did not act as a worthy representative, was confused, not organized,had not done his homework .Did not get the group to meet each other before going on the safari. One of the Driver / Guide Evans did it on the last day!
excellent tour director .Romina is a gem who is helpful knowledgeable and friendly
Our trip to Berlin and Bavaria was a great mix of guided tours and some free time. Our guide Oliver was terrific: a blend of charm, humor, information, attention to detail and concern for us. My only suggestion might be a better choice for our last dinner in Munich and to treat us to wine/beer for our farewell.
Trip to Greece was very well organized but I would like to comment on certain issues:- 1) Trip to Santorini should have been at least for 10-12 hrs at the island . We got hardly 3-4 hrs at the Oía village which is world famous. 2) There should be provisions of Coffee machines in the Hotels . It was not there in most of the Hotels —- Hotel Royal Olympic in Athens is one example. Everything else was fine .
Our tour guide Anette was wonderful. Always made sure everyone was comfortable and that our luggage was taken care of property. Even our bus driver Fredrick made the trip more enjoyable. Got to see parts of the countries that we wouldn't have know about if on a cruise or on our own. Great experience. Would highly recommend.
The trip was fantastic. The hotels were excellent since they were lovely and located in great areas. The activities and guide was excellent. And even the group of people were a pleasure to travel with, In fact, we booked our next Smartour immediately when we returned.
This was a wonderful and enlightening trip. Our tour director, Stephan Luscevic, was a gentleman and so knowledgable. The only problem was that there should be more explicit advance disclosures concerning the difficulty in walking at some of the sights. Also the bus in Vilnius had steps that were really hard for anyone other than a young fit person to climb. This is a fascinating part of the world emerging from a long history of occupation. The architecture is magnificent.
Positives: 18 people in group - wonderful size! Good blend of guided tours and free time. Hans, our tour director, was caring and personable NEGATIVE: Helsinki really was not included. We only spent a few hours there.
Tour was fine; hotels were mostly average (except for the Downtown Camper in Stockholm); tour guide was fine. Way too much free time, especially in locations where there were little or nothing to do.
It was well planned and the Guides were both fantastic. We had an issue with a name having two letters mixed up and the office in the US was very helpful with getting it fixed.
The single biggest reason that our safari was successful was our guide/driver in Kenya - Alex. He worked with our groups to set our schedule allowing for more touring time and he had an instinct on getting us to the places where the animals were. He was level headed and resolved any possible delays or issues quietly and quickly. Once we were on safari then he would make sure to provide different driving/parking positions and angles for the clearest pictures. Alex definitely had a eye for where and when to take the best photos. He was excellent at informing us and providing observations and answers to our questions about the animals, parks, reserves, Kenya and Africa:-) He had a great sense of humor and got to know each of us. He keep us going during the many drives between parks and reserves and just set the tone for such a positive trip. I cannot image our trip being as successful or as memorable without Alex. Rating would be an 11 out of 10 !!! Our guide/drive in Tanzania was Nbossi (please forgive if misspelled). He was also excellent. He was able to inform us about Tanzania, it's history, independence, parks, reserves and animals. He had a great sense of humor and made sure we were able to see all the animals that we had not seen (one was a black rhino). He also seemed to have an instinct about where the animals were and when. Would recommend him highly (10 of 10) for safari in Tanzania. This journey will be remembered as a one of a kind :-) Thank You SmarTours for sending these two gentlemen to make this trip truly incredible.
Wonderful tour with a variety of great experiences. Our guide was Norwegian and extremely good! Norway, especially the day on the boat in the fjords, was exceptionally grand!
We enjoyed the Cuba Up Close tour to Havana, Ceinfegua and Trinidad, Sept 1-Sept 8,2019. Julie, the tour guide, Americal and Mr Jose were awesome and attentive. The Smartour daily schedule was quite full and we wished there could have been more down time for the markets/shopping, one early evening drop off or one late morning pickup. The restaurants menus were very good, lots of stairs two - four levels up. Overall a good tour that could have been better with minor adjustments to to the daily schedule. Thanks for the two bottles of water daily.
Very small group it was like a personal tour
Excellent Safari. The Driver/Guide Evans was excellent, extremely knowledgeable, helpful & friendly. However, there seem to be a breakdown in communications between SmarTours & Pohlman. There was no SmarTours rep to meet at the hotel, no desk set up, we were left to our own devices. No introductions made when their rep met with the group, and he gave us a lot of conflicting information. We hardly got to know the rest of the people in our group until the last evening when our tour guides/drivers called a meeting and had us introduce ourselves. Some of the lodges had no phones in the rooms connected at least to the reception desk. It was concerning, considering that we were in the reservations where the rooms were in the wilderness far from the reception areas, completely cut off from any hotel personnel, too dangerous to open the room doors and venture outside due to the roaming animals. Critical in the event of an emergency.
smarTours is rated 4.38 based on 963 reviews