smarTours Reviews

Under an hour
customer service
Read smarTours Reviews

About smarTours:

smarTours is a leading provider of direct-to-consumer, affordable travel experiences to exotic global destinations. The Company offers travelers curated, pre-packaged itineraries to over 40 destinations across the globe. By offering tours directly to consumers, the Company provides premium-quality experiences at value prices, and as a result, has cultivated a highly passionate and loyal community of repeat travelers. More than 200,000 travelers have taken a smarTours trip since the founding of the Company in 1996. smarTours is… the smarter way to see the world.

800-337-7773

info@smartours.com

545 Eighth Ave. Suite 2250
New York, NY 10018

Tell us how smarTours made you happy
(only JPEG and PNG files) (Optional)
We felt our trip should have been postponed. We made it home without contracting the Coronavirus by the skin of our teeth.
The tour to South Africa was outstanding! Jeremy Poole is a superior guide who was very knowledgeable, efficient, kind, fun, and a great person to know. The Victoria Falls extension was also fabulous, including the day trip to Chobe National Park in Botswana. Altogether, and wonderful experience. I recommend this trip!
We took the Amazing Thailand a couple of weeks ago with Nok as our guide. It was a once in a lifetime experience. Learned so much about the culture and the country. Nok was great and just a lot of fun which helped make this to the top of my travel tour experience.
We went on your So.Africa & Safari w/Victoria Falls extension tour in Feb.2020. The overall tour was excellent. It covered all the top sightseeing sites plus. Our tour director Jeremy Poole was exceptional. Very knowledgeable, detail oriented on everything, with a great sense of humor! Saw the big 5 on the safaris. Our trip to the Falls it was raining w/flooded pathways. Getting to the falls and back was an experience in itself. The mist from the falls along with the rain, made it a beautiful site. The surrounding mountains of So.Africa, driving along the coastlines are just breathtaking! The Robbins island tour was humbling. This is our 3rd trip w/SmarTours. Next Israel. Just one complaint: there was NO bottled water on the bus as in previous tours. Not good->4 stars!
We really enjoyed our Cuba Highlights Trip March 4-11th! Our guide was great with logistics. We could have had a few lighter meals mostly at lunch time. Our american guide although very informative of what "could happen" sometimes made situations more anxious than I felt necessary. She shared a lot of personal experiences about being Cuban. It was mix between super informative but at times not really necessary to what was going on and seemed to make it more about oneself than the tour... If this makes any sense. Our Cuban Guide was great, informative and extremely approachable. You could pick up on tension with our American guide at times with the bus driver and Cuban guide.
Iceland was cold, but breathtaking. It would have been a very enjoyable trip if it had not been for the indifference and lack of caring of our guide, Helga She did only the essentials and never offered even the slightest information or interests to our safety and comfort. I was in a walker and when I asked her for the handicap facilities of the different locations she never gave me any type of information..in fact, she told me, "You can't expect us to worry about your problems" We received more information from the hotel staff then she ever bothered to give to us. The beauty of Iceland is the only positive part of this trip Ann
I traveled with Smartours twice in the last year, once to VietNam & Cambodia, then to South Africa, & Victoria Falls. Both trips offered great value for the money, the opportunity to rest or take an optional tour on some days, and the best tour guides. Accomodations were beautiful and the groups were under 24. We all had a great time. I plan to travel with Smartours again.
Helga, our tour guide, was just terrific! Iceland was truly an amazing country, geologically and culturally. I will go back for a few days the next time I head to Europe, perhaps do ground tour with flight from my regional international airport versus connecting JFK.
Overall experience was very good. Guide was excellent. Some of the days were a bit long and getting up early wasn't fun, but I would still recommend it.
The trip to Costa Rica was wonderful, the country is beautiful, the in country activities provided by SmarTour beat my expectations, the optional extra were worth the extra money and it was a totally delightful trip. Our tour director, Cesar Florez, was very knowledgeable and did a great job of getting the whole tour group on board for the activities. We could not have had been a better tour director. The bus driver, Jesu, was also very helpful and pleasant. He always had a smile and a helping hand for us when needed.
informative and interesting with many excellent cultural experiences
This was my first time on a organized group tour and I was a bit apprehensive. This tour turned out to be one of my favorite travel experiences. Our guide, Iyad, was a wealth of knowledge, the accommodations were good, the other travelers were wonderful to be around, and the touring was fabulous!
We enjoyed the itinerary and the guide very much. We found the number and cost for add on activities excessive. Many, we thought, could have been included in the basic cost. We chose smarTours because it had a good itinerary and the price was reasonable. We chose to do a group tour so that we knew what the cost to travel was going to be and with added activities the final cost to us was more than expected. Speaking to others who have used smarTours in the past the number of add ons seemed more than they had experienced.
Request that tips be included in the total price of the trip.? We had to being so much extravcash for all the tipping and still had to withdraw from atms to just cover all rhe tipping!!
Arizona was one of the BEST tour guides that I have experienced ( and I travel extensively). The bus driver and the bus attendant were skilled, terrific and attentive, The bus was clean and virus precautions were in place. The tour was very comprehensive, informative and fun. However, I thought the hotels (Fez in particular) were not the best and the food selection was limited throughout the tour.
One of my favorite trips ever. Very well organized and run. I loved our tour guide Helga. I listened to her every word. The hotel was wonderful. Friendly and comfortable. But most of all I loved the Icelanders themselves. And of course the amazing beauty of the island.
Interesting country!!! Did not appreciate being brought back to the hotel at 2:30 in the afternoon with no agenda and no maps or information to go on our own. Hotel was not in a good location for walking around. Wadi Rum was awesome - loved the "tenting". Petra was awesome; enjoyed the Petra night show. The hotel at the Dead Sea was beautiful and fantastic!!! However, our guide dropped us off on Thursday afternoon, and had our group not made plans ourselves, we would have never seen each other after that. Some notes about our guide: he seemed to be quick about dropping us off, as if he couldn't be gone fast enough. He did not stay in the hotels with us. When we went to the Jordan River, at the last minute he said we could be baptized if we wanted to. That was way too late to make any arrangements. We had a group of 14 which was probably planned for 30 or 40. Perhaps he was not happy doing the tour knowing the tips would be short.
I've never been disappointed in any of the tours I've taken with smarTours and my trip to Thailand was the 5th tour.
I enjoyed my trip to Iceland. This was the first time I have taken a SmarTours trip and it was not as organized as other trips I have taken with other companies.
Ron Mac Gregor was an outstanding tour guide.
smarTours is rated 4.41 based on 1,361 reviews