smarTours Reviews

of reviewers recommend smarTours
Read smarTours Reviews

About smarTours:

smarTours is a leading provider of direct-to-consumer, affordable travel experiences to exotic global destinations. The Company offers travelers curated, pre-packaged itineraries to over 40 destinations across the globe. By offering tours directly to consumers, the Company provides premium-quality experiences at value prices, and as a result, has cultivated a highly passionate and loyal community of repeat travelers. More than 200,000 travelers have taken a smarTours trip since the founding of the Company in 1996. smarTours is… the smarter way to see the world.

800-337-7773

info@smartours.com

545 Eighth Ave. Suite 2250
New York, NY 10018

Tell us how smarTours made you happy
Isela
Anna
smarTours 5 star review on 20th January 2020
Joseph
More Photos & Videos
I couldn’t have imagined a trip as enjoyable as this one was! Our guides, Eiman and Farid, did an outstanding job of of showing us the many artifacts and sights of Egypt. Without their expertise and skill we could not have seen so many sights and learned so much about this amazing country. They were prepared for everything and even handled the occasional and unexpected glitches before they turned into catastrophes. Eiman and Farid went above and beyond to secure a safe, comfortable and utterly enjoyable trip!
Our guide, Noc, was the best! Our driver, Aod the same. They made the tour a great experience! I would do another with them without hesitation.
Karl
The tour to South Africa was outstanding! Jeremy Poole is a superior guide who was very knowledgeable, efficient, kind, fun, and a great person to know. The Victoria Falls extension was also fabulous, including the day trip to Chobe National Park in Botswana. Altogether, and wonderful experience. I recommend this trip!
We took the Amazing Thailand a couple of weeks ago with Nok as our guide. It was a once in a lifetime experience. Learned so much about the culture and the country. Nok was great and just a lot of fun which helped make this to the top of my travel tour experience.
I traveled with Smartours twice in the last year, once to VietNam & Cambodia, then to South Africa, & Victoria Falls. Both trips offered great value for the money, the opportunity to rest or take an optional tour on some days, and the best tour guides. Accomodations were beautiful and the groups were under 24. We all had a great time. I plan to travel with Smartours again.
Helga, our tour guide, was just terrific! Iceland was truly an amazing country, geologically and culturally. I will go back for a few days the next time I head to Europe, perhaps do ground tour with flight from my regional international airport versus connecting JFK.
Overall experience was very good. Guide was excellent. Some of the days were a bit long and getting up early wasn't fun, but I would still recommend it.
The trip to Costa Rica was wonderful, the country is beautiful, the in country activities provided by SmarTour beat my expectations, the optional extra were worth the extra money and it was a totally delightful trip. Our tour director, Cesar Florez, was very knowledgeable and did a great job of getting the whole tour group on board for the activities. We could not have had been a better tour director. The bus driver, Jesu, was also very helpful and pleasant. He always had a smile and a helping hand for us when needed.
informative and interesting with many excellent cultural experiences
This was my first time on a organized group tour and I was a bit apprehensive. This tour turned out to be one of my favorite travel experiences. Our guide, Iyad, was a wealth of knowledge, the accommodations were good, the other travelers were wonderful to be around, and the touring was fabulous!
Arizona was one of the BEST tour guides that I have experienced ( and I travel extensively). The bus driver and the bus attendant were skilled, terrific and attentive, The bus was clean and virus precautions were in place. The tour was very comprehensive, informative and fun. However, I thought the hotels (Fez in particular) were not the best and the food selection was limited throughout the tour.
One of my favorite trips ever. Very well organized and run. I loved our tour guide Helga. I listened to her every word. The hotel was wonderful. Friendly and comfortable.
But most of all I loved the Icelanders themselves. And of course the amazing beauty of the island.
I've never been disappointed in any of the tours I've taken with smarTours and my trip to Thailand was the 5th tour.
Ron Mac Gregor was an outstanding tour guide.
All good. The only suggestion I have is to let people know there are some hikes on uneven surfaces so they might want to bring hiking sticks. Also some the surfaces were wet and slippery so to make sure they have non skid shoes.
Firstly, Ivad, our guide was amazing. He made some small itinerary changes that gave us more time in the highlight stops (like little Petra). He was informative and professional. Things that I think could improve: hotels were fine, but locations were out of the way. It also would have helped if your office noted which hotels were "dry" . Beyond that I would gladly recommend this tour.
Jermey was amazing information past present SAfrica. 1st days very rushed need to change. Too short time gardens need at least half full day winery town. Skip tasting unless joining with picnic lunch. The apartheid museum need a guide full day not good. Lion walk amazing would have enjoyed horse back riding. Hotels were beautiful. Didn’t enjoy village Zulu with natives too long And game reserve replace both
Overall amazing can fix poor and add to good easily
Amazing trip. Country ride beautiful as well as lodge. The real South Africa.
The Hurtigruten part of the tour was fabulous! Also, everything was well coordinated and the Buenos Aires Hotel was excellent. Good location.
Our guide, Ahmed was great. The many sights, pyramids, Valley of the King & Queens, camel rides in the Giza Plateau, the balloon ride, museums & archeological sites were wonderful. There were negatives too. It would have been better to pay a fee upfront then have all the tipping. Our coptic church guide was very nice but not as well versed as he could have been, perhaps a Christian or Jewish guide would have been better. The wifi situation was less than ideal with free wifi only in lobby of the Movenpik and spotty wifi on the Nile. The breakfasts were great, but the other meals except the restaurant after the papyrus store visit were not. That restaurant was great, but too much food. The Marriott breakfast was outstanding, but the dinners were not ideal. The recommended Asia restaurant in Luxor was excellent.
It was great and enjoyable. Loved the scenery, and the tour director, Victor Leiton, was knowledgeable on all the different aspects of the tour operation.
smarTours is rated 4.41 based on 1,365 reviews