smarTours Reviews

Under an hour
customer service
Read smarTours Reviews

About smarTours:

smarTours is a leading provider of direct-to-consumer, affordable travel experiences to exotic global destinations. The Company offers travelers curated, pre-packaged itineraries to over 40 destinations across the globe. By offering tours directly to consumers, the Company provides premium-quality experiences at value prices, and as a result, has cultivated a highly passionate and loyal community of repeat travelers. More than 200,000 travelers have taken a smarTours trip since the founding of the Company in 1996. smarTours is… the smarter way to see the world.

800-337-7773

info@smartours.com

545 Eighth Ave. Suite 2250
New York, NY 10018

Tell us how smarTours made you happy
This was my third trip with Smartours. I have encouraged many friends/family to take trips with Smartours, and they have all been very satisfied. I especially enjoyed a few “Smartraveler” perks this time—fruit in room, corner rooms. Thank you!
Our group (6 active women in their 60s) was extremely happy with our tour of Israel, and was specifically very pleased with our guide, Arie. He was quite knowledgeable of Israel, clearly updating his expertise on all thing Israel whenever he’s not engaged in leading a tour. Our tour visited the majority of the important archaeological sites in Israel and we particularly enjoyed our excursion into Jordan to visit Petra, a wonder of archaeological and anthropological history. We felt very well chaperoned and informed (not to mention entertained) by Arie each step of the way. Although we had great local guides in Arab territories (Bethlehem and Petra), we applauded loudly when Arie got on our bus after each excursion, which shows how exceptional we found his guiding expertise and his support. I had only one suggestion regarding the Smartours itinerary. While it was extremely thorough, I personally would have appreciated more time experiencing the landscape of Israel. I would have liked, for example, taking a little time for a reflective walk along the banks of the Sea of Galilee, strolling through the sites on the Mount of Olives, spending time visiting a park frequented by Israeli families, etc. That being said, I would highly recommend this tour, especially with the Petra excursion included. the food was amazing and generous, the accommodations and buses were very comfortable and convenient, the people were Especially friendly. Thank you, SmarTours!!
Thabie Moji, the tour guide was very organized, pleasant, and informative. She made it a great experience I felt that Robin should be included in the tour and not be optional because it is so vital to understanding the setting, and the rest of the tour.
Our 7th smarTour. Nuff said.
I had a wonderful visit to Peru. Our guide, Enrique, spoke very good English. He was informative and had a good sense of humor. He did a very good job of "Guiding" laying down the ground rules right from the start. This made the whole trip go very smooth. We had wonderful sunny weather to my surprise, although a poncho did come in handy a couple of times. The altitude (1400') did not bother me too much. I did the usual huffing and puffing like every body else. Smartours designed the tour so that we had time to get used to the altitude and Enrique took it nice and slow. Make sure you bring your camera the views were fantastic!! Also,make sure you have extra space in your suite case coming over. You are going to need it with all the beautiful handicraft and silver jewelry and Alpaca sweaters. I could go on but just let me say it was truely a trip of a life time and I am so glad I took Smartours to enjoy it.
Fabulous experience visiting amazing Israel - Excellent tour guide, wonderful accommodations and food.
This was first time we traveled with smart Tours, a friend Pamela Madden had highly recommended. I was apprehensive first, but as time passed turned out to be great.The group was great, everyone was nice and friendly. We were 13 people in group. All were very accommodating. Our Tour directer Fernando was very good. He was very caring and concerned about each participant.Wish had more time for Rio.First day when we reached to Chile, the place for breakfast was not good, depressing, that should be removed. Rest of places accommodation, food and Itenary was very good.We had an issue, did not understand why you were not accepting credit cards, we had not carried enough cash with us. I didn't have time to read all papers before departure. We had to move around some of our friends to lend us cash. You should have some options for that. Also we should have more evening dinners together, it gives a kind of closure of the day. Please convey our thanks to Fernando. No way to communicate with him. He had told that he will send us E-mail of all participants, so we could communicate with them, will like to plan next trip for 2021 with same group or some. God willing. thanks again.
Majestic Morocco exceeded my expectations! The itinerary included all the sites I'd hoped to see plus many I'd not known about. Our guide, Kalid Lamdira, is outstanding: so knowledgeable and interesting, helpful with individual needs or questions, and always attentive. His commentaries and expertise enhanced the trip. Great value: our hotels were excellent and many extras were included: fossil hunting, a visit to a nomad's tent, camel ride, so much more. Loved every minute and highly recommend this trip! My first smarTour: will certainly take another.
We had a wonderful guide and bus driver. They tried very hard, and our director was very knowledgeable. Our director should have gone to the airport with us when we flew home. It would have been nice to have had assistance getting off the bus for some who just needed a hand to hold. We would have liked to have had a trip to Wadi Rum included. It was so close to us! It was a great trip, and we were pleased.
Beautiful and memorable tour. Our tour guide Damien for France was fabulous. We are ready for a return trip.
Nice trip well organized and a great local guide / tour director.
A wonderful trip. The itinerary was great, our tour director Tommy was both knowledgeable & a mother hen & looked after us so well. He was flexible re the itinerary, adjusting it in the group’s best interest(crowd control, weather issues). Our guide in Cambodia,”Dee” was so knowledgeable.
They ar well-organized and the tour leaders/guides are excellent. The hotels are first rate and the meals arranged are superb.
The river boat selected for us could have been nicer. It is getting old in years. However, the staff were excellent (friendly, helpful, and accommodating). Our guide Sheri (Egypt Tour) was top notch. Her knowledge of ancient Egypt is very extensive.
Enjoyed every moment. Hotels and food excellent. Our tour guide Enrique Virto was very knowledgeable and was able to answer all our questions. He kept us well informed on the days activities, what to bring,safe places to eat, punctual departures and handled a difficult solo traveler with kindness and diplomacy. 10 out 10 stars for Enrique.
The professionalism of tour guides and hotel staff at each location was outstanding. I particularly enjoyed the punctuality of all planned excursions. The sharing of personal insights and historical information made my Peru experience one I shall always cherish.
Great tour guide
Great areas to visit, wonderful guides at events each stop, lovely hotels and a wonderful experience overall!! And at age 87 I did it!!!
This was our first group tour. It exceeded our expectation in every was,hotel accommodations,transportation and variety of experiences. Our guide Ketsara added much to our experience thru her knowledge and apparent love of her country and culture. She also took care of many administrative details which made it a very smooth trip She’s the best!
This Israel-Jordan tour was comprehensive, well-paced, informative, and great fun. I am not really a tour person, but this one worked for me. Our guide, Arie, was a fountain of knowledge, humorous, and meticulous in all aspects! When you take this Israel trip, you must take the extension to Eilat and Petra, Jordan. With the Eilat resort town coming at the end, it was a perfect, relaxing experience. Of course, we all knew what Petra would behold, but one is never really ready for such magnificence—just wonderful. However, we had no idea that the shores of Eilat have beautiful reefs with stunning tropical fish of many varieties, so definitely go snorkeling at Coral Reef Beach! At this price point the accommodations and food were very good—oh, those amazing breakfasts with giant bowls of huge, plump dates! From Arie to our drivers to all the hotel personnel, people were so accommodating, friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. Go for it!
smarTours is rated 4.40 based on 1,172 reviews