smarTours Reviews

85% of reviewers recommend smarTours

About smarTours: smarTours is a leading provider of direct-to-consumer, affordable travel experiences to exotic global destinations. The Company offers travelers curated, pre-packaged itineraries to over 40 destinations across the globe. By offering tours directly to consumers, the Company provides premium-quality experiences at value prices, and as a result, has cultivated a highly passionate and loyal community of repeat travelers. More than 200,000 travelers have taken a smarTours trip since the founding of the Company in 1996. smarTours is… the smarter way to see the world.

800-337-7773

info@smartours.com

545 Eighth Ave. Suite 2250
New York, NY 10018

Tell us how smarTours made you happy

Under an hour
"Our tour guide spoke English well, but her accent was very strong, so it sometimes was difficult to understand her. When we had a problem getting to the restaurant where we met for the first night's dinner, we had difficulty getting her to understand our needs, and to not blow off our concerns as trivial. She seemed not to understand that people who don't speak the national language, haven't been told the name of the restaurant, haven't had the name written down for them, and have just arrived in the country after 3 days of travel on very little sleep might not feel confident about their ability to tell a taxi driver where they want to go (however, as she *observed* one of us using a cane and struggling to keep up with the group on a 20-minute fast walk over cobblestone streets to get there, she understood the problem and went *well* out of her way to ensure that it did not occur at any other time during our 8-day trip). We saw *many* places during those 8 days. Only one of those places (a kind of fairgrounds where a large festival had been held a few days previously) had us scratching our heads as to why this place would be considered interesting, in and of itself (I'm sure the festival would have been engaging). Otherwise, most places were at least interesting, and fascinating to at least some among our 16-person group. The hotels were comfortable, with quiet rooms, and all featured a buffet breakfast. All of those meals were good, with a very wide range of high-quality choices. All dinners except one were included, and the quality of the offerings was extraordinary--truly gourmet. We often would have liked quieter environments, as we sometimes found the noise level quite painful as everyone shouted to be heard over extremely loud music. However, our companions seemed to have no problem with the volume, so you probably wouldn't, either. Everywhere we went for dinner, the portions were so enormous that we used plastic containers that we had brought from home to take at least half of our meals to go, which we ate for lunch the next day (instead of buying another huge meal that we wouldn't be able to finish). We were there during pleasant weather, and everywhere we stopped for lunch, there was some place where we could have a comfortable picnic and re-experience the fabulous food from the night before. This tour was both fun and educational, and I would recommend it to everyone."
"Great trip,accommodation were good the food choices were the same in every hotel not so good our guide Peter was terrific. Over all a great trip except for the dinners.The breakfasts were great"
"A very good trip to Greece especially with Granville who made it very special. One of the highlights was a visit to a synagogue in Rhodes. Granville is the best guide we ever had."
"Great trip once in Egypt! No help with travel agent in the states! She did not help with questions concerns or suppling any information. But once in Egypt when in contact with tour director was much better. Also I had the best tour guide I’ve ever had on any trip I’ve taken. So knowledgeable and entertaining"
"Kahlid was an incredible guide. Patient, knowledgeable and accomadated individual needs My experience with your office was terrible. I had such difficulty paying my balance. I was told that the technical supports would get back to me. They never did. The staff were not knowledgeable about Morroco. We could have worn shorts the entire time. Packing skirts in August was unnecessary. I just tore my hip and I could not be assured, even with a doctor’s note that I would have an aisle seat and a wheelchair. The trip was great, but your office staff needs much improvement. I am an avid traveler and I would think twice before dealing with your office staff"
"Would sure travel with Smart Tours again. Transport was great, most hotels was above average, tour guide did a great job."
"Excellent! Our guide/bus driver (Peter Murphy) was excellent, the bus (Mercedes, 4 months old, wi-fi, air conditioned, 360 degree viewing, extremely comfortable) was excellent, the hotels were excellent, the itinerary was excellent, the price was excellent and even the weather was excellent! I can't imagine as good a tour at any price."
"Wonderful experience! I’d highly recommend this experience! Wonderful guide, hotels and meals! I’m ready to go again!"
"There was so much to see and learn in South Africa. Our tour director, Ron Mc Gregor was like a walking encyclopedia of his country. His experience is comparative to none."
"Everything was well organized and planned. Very knowledgeable and helpful Tour Guides were accompanying the tour. Hotels, foods and programs were all excellent."
"The Cuba experience was great but the pace was uneven. Some days were totally exhausting and other days we seemed to have too much time in between events. The Casa experience was uneven (no safe, no internet, no key to outside door) but the people were extremely nice."
"Overall we really enjoyed our tour. Our guide, Thabie, was very informative and did her best to accommodate everyone in the group. We were very sad that the shark cage dive was cancelled due to sea conditions, but that is out of anyone's control. Going skydiving made up for it a little bit... gives us a reason to travel to Cape Town again! As if we need one reason though, Cape Town is magnificent!! The food provided through the tour was delicious and the activities were well planned. Kruger was magical; we saw the Big Five by encountering our lucky leopard!! Victoria Falls was also incredible! If you are a thrill seeker as we are, check out the Gorge Swing in Zimbabwe and the Croc Cage Dive!!"
"Great guides. Lots of room on the bus."
"Excellent hotels, very good provided meals, excellent tour guide/driver in Peter Murphy, excellent choice of places of interest made me feel very well taken care of."
"It's amazing that we received this email. While our trip was excellent there were certain matters that were not addressed and Cydney is 12 years old. The request should have come to me, her grandmother, who took her."
"Great service, tours, everything."
"One of the best trips taken in my 72 years!!!"
"We had a great time on our tour of Italy. Our tour guide was pleasant and knowledgeable. The one weird thing was that we needed to pay for the tram from the bus to the site in Pisa. Otherwise, we would have needed to walk. It seems that should have been included in the price. We were surprised how many local tour guides we needed to tip. Generally, the hotels were good. In Rome, however, the AC couldn't be regulated. We needed to have the front desk turn the air off when it got too cold in the evening and on again in the morning when the room began to get too warm. The lighting was bad in that hotel room also. And, there was only one mirror. In Sorrento (our favorite hotel) the hair dryer definitely needed to be upgraded. The Grand Hotel was beautiful. We liked the quaintness of the Venice hotel also. All in all, we had a great time and would recommend Smartours. It is a great way to see the world on a budget."
"Thoroughly enjoyed our trip to Eastern Europe. The price of the trip is outstanding, but that does not mean that the quality was lessened. Tour guide was amazing, hotels were wonderful, and itinerary fabulous. I would definitely look to use them again for another tour."
"Surpassed all expectations. I have traveled with smarTours on 12-15 tours and have never been disappointed."
smarTours is rated 4.39 based on 942 reviews