smarTours Reviews

Under an hour
customer service
Read smarTours Reviews

About smarTours:

smarTours is a leading provider of direct-to-consumer, affordable travel experiences to exotic global destinations. The Company offers travelers curated, pre-packaged itineraries to over 40 destinations across the globe. By offering tours directly to consumers, the Company provides premium-quality experiences at value prices, and as a result, has cultivated a highly passionate and loyal community of repeat travelers. More than 200,000 travelers have taken a smarTours trip since the founding of the Company in 1996. smarTours is… the smarter way to see the world.

800-337-7773

info@smartours.com

545 Eighth Ave. Suite 2250
New York, NY 10018

Tell us how smarTours made you happy
Our Iceland tour exceeded our expectations. We had a wonderful, fun and knowledgable guide and we enjoyed all the sites the tour had to offer.
Great tour guide Thabie!
Excellent!!!
I responded to your survey but here is a short review: Excellent trip with glorious weather, pleasant companions (and now new friends), informed guides and great logistics at a very reasonable price. Yes, it was a tough trip due to the many airports but well worth the effort and time. Thanks, George T
The tour was excellent and our guide. Oscar was outstanding. We covered all the highlights of the cities we visited.
Wonderful tour - wonderful guide
Excellent trip, and excellent group, only 17 persons! we enjoyed it very, very much, our Tour Director Bonnie Backer was really amazing, very cooperate with everybody and allways trying to help and please everyone!, she really do an excellent job!, we all recommend her to anybody that want to go to India, everything came perfect! All of us came very happy from our trip and looking forward to our next trip with all our family members that want to go to India, We really recommend SmarTours, The Best of the Best!!!
I appreciate all the sites that our tour saw, on the China trip. The organization of the trips was very well done. Our tour guide Oscar was the best. Also very good were the guest tour guides. Food could have been better in Beijing, too much of the same type of food, for lunches. All the hotels, were well located, comfortable, modern, with good breakfast every morning. I would recommend this trip for a first trip to China. Thanks Robert
Great experience as always, this was my 4th trip with Smartours. Tour guide Iyad was amazing a true guide and historian!
This was my first trip with smart tours the tour guide “Nook” made our group tour flawless. Her knowledge of Thailand's history, the various temples and communities made the experience life changing. And the most important part was how pleasantly safe I felt. I will use and recommend smart tour, to my family and friends on their next global tour.
I can only say wonderful things about my Turkey trip. Lovely accommodations, fabulous sights. Excellent tour guide Serdar: knowledgeable, witty, kind, helpful, with his charm he made us love his country. It helped that we were a very congenial small group.
We experienced the Iceland Northern Lights tour with one of the best tour guides we have had in our many travels. Goodny Emilsdottir knows that precise balance between eliminating jitters and concerns with not being intrusive. She booked reservations for us, gave a running commentary on every aspect of Icelandic nature and culture and bent over backwards to give us an opportunity to see the Northern Lights. Accommodations, meals and travel were all more than acceptable. We are recommending this tour to all our friends.
We had a fantastic experience on the China and Yangtze River tour this fall. This tour truly covered all the highlights of China and allowed enough time for individual exploration as well. A highlight of this particular tour was the boat ride on the Li River in Guilin as well as the tour through the gorgeous Reed Flute Cave in Guilin. Seeing the baby pandas in the nursery in Chongching was also a highlight of the trip. Our tour director, Mr. Ma Limin, could not have been better (A+ rating)! He was extremely knowledgeable about the places we visited as well as personable with a great sense of humor. He was also very organized in keeping to the tour schedule while making sure that everyone's needs were accommodated. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone interesting in seeing a broad swath of China.
This was my third trip with Smartours. I have encouraged many friends/family to take trips with Smartours, and they have all been very satisfied. I especially enjoyed a few “Smartraveler” perks this time—fruit in room, corner rooms. Thank you!
Our group (6 active women in their 60s) was extremely happy with our tour of Israel, and was specifically very pleased with our guide, Arie. He was quite knowledgeable of Israel, clearly updating his expertise on all thing Israel whenever he’s not engaged in leading a tour. Our tour visited the majority of the important archaeological sites in Israel and we particularly enjoyed our excursion into Jordan to visit Petra, a wonder of archaeological and anthropological history. We felt very well chaperoned and informed (not to mention entertained) by Arie each step of the way. Although we had great local guides in Arab territories (Bethlehem and Petra), we applauded loudly when Arie got on our bus after each excursion, which shows how exceptional we found his guiding expertise and his support. I had only one suggestion regarding the Smartours itinerary. While it was extremely thorough, I personally would have appreciated more time experiencing the landscape of Israel. I would have liked, for example, taking a little time for a reflective walk along the banks of the Sea of Galilee, strolling through the sites on the Mount of Olives, spending time visiting a park frequented by Israeli families, etc. That being said, I would highly recommend this tour, especially with the Petra excursion included. the food was amazing and generous, the accommodations and buses were very comfortable and convenient, the people were Especially friendly. Thank you, SmarTours!!
Thabie Moji, the tour guide was very organized, pleasant, and informative. She made it a great experience I felt that Robin should be included in the tour and not be optional because it is so vital to understanding the setting, and the rest of the tour.
Our 7th smarTour. Nuff said.
I had a wonderful visit to Peru. Our guide, Enrique, spoke very good English. He was informative and had a good sense of humor. He did a very good job of "Guiding" laying down the ground rules right from the start. This made the whole trip go very smooth. We had wonderful sunny weather to my surprise, although a poncho did come in handy a couple of times. The altitude (1400') did not bother me too much. I did the usual huffing and puffing like every body else. Smartours designed the tour so that we had time to get used to the altitude and Enrique took it nice and slow. Make sure you bring your camera the views were fantastic!! Also,make sure you have extra space in your suite case coming over. You are going to need it with all the beautiful handicraft and silver jewelry and Alpaca sweaters. I could go on but just let me say it was truely a trip of a life time and I am so glad I took Smartours to enjoy it.
Fabulous experience visiting amazing Israel - Excellent tour guide, wonderful accommodations and food.
This was first time we traveled with smart Tours, a friend Pamela Madden had highly recommended. I was apprehensive first, but as time passed turned out to be great.The group was great, everyone was nice and friendly. We were 13 people in group. All were very accommodating. Our Tour directer Fernando was very good. He was very caring and concerned about each participant.Wish had more time for Rio.First day when we reached to Chile, the place for breakfast was not good, depressing, that should be removed. Rest of places accommodation, food and Itenary was very good.We had an issue, did not understand why you were not accepting credit cards, we had not carried enough cash with us. I didn't have time to read all papers before departure. We had to move around some of our friends to lend us cash. You should have some options for that. Also we should have more evening dinners together, it gives a kind of closure of the day. Please convey our thanks to Fernando. No way to communicate with him. He had told that he will send us E-mail of all participants, so we could communicate with them, will like to plan next trip for 2021 with same group or some. God willing. thanks again.
smarTours is rated 4.40 based on 1,285 reviews