smarTours Reviews

of reviewers recommend smarTours
Read smarTours Reviews

About smarTours:

smarTours is a leading provider of direct-to-consumer, affordable travel experiences to exotic global destinations. The Company offers travelers curated, pre-packaged itineraries to over 40 destinations across the globe. By offering tours directly to consumers, the Company provides premium-quality experiences at value prices, and as a result, has cultivated a highly passionate and loyal community of repeat travelers. More than 200,000 travelers have taken a smarTours trip since the founding of the Company in 1996. smarTours is… the smarter way to see the world.

800-337-7773

info@smartours.com

545 Eighth Ave. Suite 2250
New York, NY 10018

Tell us how smarTours made you happy
Isela
Anna
smarTours 5 star review on 20th January 2020
Joseph
More Photos & Videos
I have traveled with Smartours before and was unhappy with a few things this time. First of all there was no help with the flights when we required advanced seating due to disability. Neither Smartours nor British Air would help us. Even though we are a group, we should be able to get assigned seats beforehand even if we have to pay extra. We were unable to do any of that. Also our guide who was informative and very nice, was not like most guides. He did not stay around to see if we got to our rooms okay upon check in and was therefore not there if we had a problem. He also walked very quickly without checking if he had lost anyone behind him and he disappeared often when we had a local guide. This was very unusual and not what I am accustomed to. The hotels were ok although especially in Dubrovnik, not a all centrally located. The first or second hotel had horrible toilet paper and no AC and not a great breakfast. We thoroughly enjoyed our tour however because the countries of Croatia/ Slovenia waere beautiful and the people on the tour were great so despite some inconveniences, we still had a wonderful time. Plus we lucked out with the weather. I do think after the park with the waterfalls and lakes, we should have been picked up and taken back to our hotel as walking 200 steps up after a full afternoon of walking was very difficult for many people.
The tour guide was excellent!
There is only one reason that I can't give five stars to our SmarTours tour. It seemed a bit odd that an experienced tour company could fail to mention and consider that this tour took place during one of two "Golden Weeks" in China wherein about 70 to 80 million Chinese tour all of the big tourist places, causing crowds about two to three times normal. Alas, we never got to see Tienanmen Square because our bus couldn't get to the place; and we spent a good portion of our visit to the Terra Cotta Warriors squashed flat against the walls by the massive crowds. Everything else about our tour was first rate from our tour guide Ma; to how he and our bus drivers found ways to make everything fun and interesting; to the good nearly all Chinese food; to great free bottled water; to our hotels; our great fellow tourists; and all our tours. Pack light; and have a good time if you go to China with SmarTours. Just don't go the first week of October!
Everything went according to plan.
Our guide in Morocco was excellent.
The hotels were OK but could have been better.
Good tour guides and beautiful places.
Pollman tours rep, Francis did not act as a worthy representative, was confused, not organized,had not done his homework .Did not get the group to meet each other before going on the safari. One of the Driver / Guide Evans did it on the last day!
excellent tour director .Romina is a gem who is helpful knowledgeable and friendly
It was well planned and the Guides were both fantastic. We had an issue with a name having two letters mixed up and the office in the US was very helpful with getting it fixed.
We enjoyed the Cuba Up Close tour to Havana, Ceinfegua and Trinidad, Sept 1-Sept 8,2019.
Julie, the tour guide, Americal and Mr Jose were awesome and attentive.
The Smartour daily schedule was quite full and we wished there could have
been more down time for the markets/shopping, one early evening drop off or one late morning pickup.
The restaurants menus were very good, lots of stairs two - four levels up.
Overall a good tour that could have been better with minor adjustments to
to the daily schedule. Thanks for the two bottles of water daily.
We had a great time on our trip to Bangkok, Singapore, Bali, and Hong Kong. BUT we were disappointed with the hotel in Singapore. The hotel in Singapore was not as nice as the other hotels. The rooms were outdated and the beds were very small. The rooms needed to be renovated, it was not the standard that we normally expect OR have with smartours. The lobby of the hotel had been renovated, but the rooms were not. We would recommend finding another hotel. We use smartours over and over again because we know that the standard will be high. But in the case of the Singapore hotel room, we were very disappointed with the outdated room. Thank you! James and Barbara Boney
The hotel in Fiji had alot of ants in it. That is not acceptable. The tour guide was hard to communicate with. The rest of the tour was good. I loved Cairo and our tour guide was excellent the same with Sydney.
Tour on the whole was good. Tour guide was good, very sweet.
Problems - I filled out a food preference form and sent it in before the trip. There was a welcome dinner where my husband and I could only eat salad because Yuko had not received the form, and the hotel could not make anything else. At another dinner, we did not receive sushi even though we listed the type of fish we could eat. On other tours, hotels were able to come up with last minute meals if we could not eat the provided food.
There should be some optional night activities. I would have liked to experience a tea ceremony.
Weather was very hot when we were there, and we were only given a bottle of water if we had a full day tour. Water doesn't cost that much and it would have been nice to have water every day. Everyone on the tour shared this opinion.
I enjoyed the optional Nikko tour - one of the best optional tours I've ever taken. The stop to make postcards was fun. It also gave us a chance to buy reasonably priced souvenirs and gifts.
The time I expended with smart tour was great except the 2 days scheduled to Suzdal, I feel that there was no need to go outside Moscow 5 hours in the middle of not where, when in Moscow is so mach to do, I really feel that with those days we can took more of the trip and be less tier.
i JUST wrote a review of you and sent it in. You then wrote me asking me to give me all sorts of documentation of who I was. I dod not keep numbers and old mail. If you want me to travel with you again, accept what I wrote to you. You surely have my name, because you obviously keep sending me brochures. Why would I write a review otherwise.
there was no choice of seat selections in United Airline. I and my wife separated seats in the middle of 3 seats row. I am considering this problem in the next tour.
It was a nice tour but i think it focused too much on touring churches and ruins as opposed to seeing more of the landscape - if the tour had done a fifty fifty split on this it would have been a better tour
The tour was excellent in South Africa, went left in Zimbabwe. Clients should be told upfront that part of the tour is independent.
Had a good time but felt we didn’t have enough time in Singapore & Hong Kong. All the flights & travelling took a lot of our time. Would have liked to stay longer at the above mentioned countries even if it cost a bit more. Wish we had better tours instead of a lot of temples. On our free days we toured around & saw more on our own like the Big Buddha, & beautiful views from the cable car in Hong Kong. The Infinity pool & roof top bar in Singapore. The sky walk & moon bar in Bangkok, where the city views are incredible... Our Hotel in Singapore & Hong Kong could have been better. Breakfast at hotels were very good. It was nice to get bottled water on tour buses in Bangkok & Bali. We had to buy bottled water on tour buses in Singapore & Hong Kong which I felt should have been supplied. It’s not about the money, it just felt they were very cheap & not as hospitable as the other 2 countries. All tour guides were good but Susie was amazing in Bangkok & Sugi was incredible & went above & beyond in Bali. Sugi really impressed us & I knew he loved what he was doing & he wanted us to have the best experience in Bali. He is very friendly, knowledgeable & made the tours very enjoyable. He never once mentioned about tips unlike some of the other tour guides. We know what the guide lines are about tipping & do not like to be constantly reminded of it. Over all it was a good trip...
I had some problems with my trip to Eastern Europe. I do not think we were given enought information. We flew to Warsaw, but no information had told us that we did not have to go through any sort of passport control, so we pretty much found each other, and then I found our guide waiting at another exit door ( which we would have taken if we had known we could avoid red tape). I also had a problem with Prague. If there was ever a city that one would love to walk out of their hotel and explore, it would be Prague. But we are way out in the boonies in an area that was devoid of good restaurant or anything of interest to a sight seer. We also had a final dinner, the 10 of us alone in the breakfast room of the hotel, with our guide and driver sitting as far from us as possible. It was dreary for a last night dinner and the food was horrible. I took only 2 bites before I sent it back. Our last night's dinner should be at a festive place not in a deserted cafeteria. Otherwise I enjoyed the trip.
smarTours is rated 4.41 based on 1,365 reviews