smarTours Reviews

of reviewers recommend smarTours
Read smarTours Reviews

About smarTours:

smarTours is a leading provider of direct-to-consumer, affordable travel experiences to exotic global destinations. The Company offers travelers curated, pre-packaged itineraries to over 40 destinations across the globe. By offering tours directly to consumers, the Company provides premium-quality experiences at value prices, and as a result, has cultivated a highly passionate and loyal community of repeat travelers. More than 200,000 travelers have taken a smarTours trip since the founding of the Company in 1996. smarTours is… the smarter way to see the world.

800-337-7773

info@smartours.com

545 Eighth Ave. Suite 2250
New York, NY 10018

Tell us how smarTours made you happy
Dorrise
smarTours 5 star review on 12th December 2019
Jeanette
smarTours 5 star review on 1st December 2019
Michael
We visited several eastern European cities and also traveled through the countryside. I learned a lot about the history and culture of this part of the world. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable, attentive and responsible. The bus driver, was also an excellent driver.
smarTours 4 star review on 18th September 2019
Over all it was very enjoyable trip. Services are the best. Our tour leader Mark ( Ma) is excellent, he worked very hard to provide us safe, fun,educational, relaxing trip. He did a great job indeed. Our tour group is the best, courteous and caring.

Hotels are very good. I also enjoyed entertainment program.
Food can be better though.
Kei and I went to China with her two sisters and had a wonderful time. Smartours were quite complete and provided wonderful guides, hotels and more. The only complaint I had was the requirement that the carry-on had to be no more than 8"x10"x18" as 'required by China'. That was NOT the case and caused me some grief. That said I would certainly use Smartours again.
As for me, Kei, the tour was as good or maybe better then I anticipated. Our primary tour guide, Oscar, was very considerate of all our needs, very patient, making sure we understood the protocols and behaviors of the country, as well as well versed in the histories of areas visited. The local guides were equally informative, and I found the Shanghai/Souzhou guide, Claire, very charming. I was happy to be able to keep up with the pace although I don't recall in the pre-trip information any mention of the distances we might be walking on often uneven surfaces. Maybe I missed it. All in all I grade the trip an A, for information, weather, travel arrangements, accommodations, meals.
We really enjoyed the tour but would have liked more free time to explore when we docked. The ship needed to provide a smoke free outdoor space on the deck.
The food was good but it would have been nice to have a menu that correspond to where we were sailing.
My first complaint is that my wife and I were not seated together on the plane even though we registered and paid well in advance. The group we traveled with all registered roughly at the same time and were all scattered, including other husbands and wives. I would think when a group registers for a trip they should be in close proximity at least. Our tour director was pretty good but on other tours we've taken out of the country, we had a director with us at all times. on the last day, we were supposed to have a box breakfast since we were leaving so early. that did not happen. that was not acceptable since that was supposed to be a part of the package.
The trip was extensive; probably a little too much to grasp all the beauty of Scandinavian countries in such a short time. It was a tasting, not an in-
depth exploration of an area.
But, for what it was, it was done well.
The tour guide for Thailand had difficulty with her English. In Bali our checkout time was 1 PM but our flight wasn't until 10 PM. Australia was rainy and cold so the trip to the beach was a waste of time. London didn't accept AMEX or American money. Air Asia is the worst airlines I've ever been on.
Had a stomach virus for the whole time in Indonesia and no medicine for diarrhea. Lots of walking and stair climbing in Indonesia. Despite all of the above, we had a good time, traveling around the world.
This was my third trip with Smartour. The accommodations were excellent.
Thoroughly enjoyed the Baltic trip with SmarTours. We had a very congenial group and our guide, Stephan, was extremely pleasant and knowledgeable. Hotels were good and cities were very interesting. Lots of walking so be prepared.
Very organized with our daily activities. Excellent tour guide until our last 3 days in Victoria Falls. Wish we had the same tour guide in VC but overall it was great
smarTours 4 star review on 17th September 2019
Parts of the tour were good, others not so much.
The tour was great along with the people on it. Oliviero was good. Optional to Cefalù good. Trip to the olive farm was awesome from top to bottom.
Mount Etna good.
Hotels were good and nice and clean
Tour guide in Catania less than average couldn’t understand him.
smarTours 4 star review on 17th September 2019
Everything was great except getting pumped off a flight from finnair. Tour director was great he stayed with us.
I loved my trip to Greece; however it was toooooo fast paced for me. The cruise ship and food were adequate. The island were beautiful but I felt way too rushed. The guides we had were awesome‼️ The bus drivers were skilled and got us around safely. Would have loved an additional night in Olympia. The hotel was amazing and I longed to stay another night to enjoy the resort.
Good. This is our third tour with Smart, and it was good, but not exceptional. Lacking in some but not major organization and communication. Suggest one additional day in Moscow.
I enjoyed the visit to cuba and the educational experiences that were offered. our guide from smart tours was often unkind in her comments to some of the travelers, offered frequent unrequested personal and political opinion and spoke "over" the cuban guide. The guide from cuba was interested in assuring us safe travels and an enjoyable experience.

my initial experience with the new york office was also problematic. it took several attempts to complete registration, was difficult to complete payment on line to be eligible for discount pricing, personnel was not always helpful.

doubt that i travel with smart tours again
The tour itinerary of Japan was excellent and we saw a lot of the most important sights on our buck list. The exception was the last day which was spent sitting in the airport, when we could have been touring more. The tour guide was not as helpful as others we have had before, and didn't seem to be aware of the options available.
Very well organized
Unbelievable tour guide
Tour included to top places in order to get a good feel for the city
Accommodations were perfect
Highly recommend
Great tour. Loved the small group size. Hotels were very nice and food was great. Feel like we saw all of the highlights of Iceland. Would’ve liked more free time and be able to fly out of other USA airports. I’ll just have to go back!
I thought the tour leader was well informed, coutreous and went out of her way to acommodate all participants of the tour. All hotels were acceptable but 2 especially the lovely hotel in Vienna, Austria out of the way. This was compounded by the metro construction. I personally would like to spend 3 days in each city.
It was educational and a lot of fun.
Really enjoyed the entire experience.
Blue Lagoon was beyond words.
Husband would still be in the water, but we had to fly home.
smarTours is rated 4.41 based on 1,366 reviews