solarplicity Reviews

1% of reviewers recommend solarplicity

Tell us how solarplicity made you happy

Over a week
"Avoid, paramount. I was owed over £700 at one pint which they managed to whittle down by over charging and complicating bills and act like I'm an idiot. £120 for 10 days worth of gas? I'd have to leave everything I have that uses gas running full blast for days to do that. They still owe me overt£400 but they refuse refunds giving the excuse that meter readings are not up to date even though I gave the readings at the point of requesting the refund only to be told I'd have to wait 15 days for it. Then after 15 days be told that they can't refund because meter readings aren't up to date. They're a bloody joke, I've now asked for 4 times now for a refund and every time, the same reason. It's like a bad dream. I've had to call too many times to count now and I've lost all patience and at my wits end. This is also after having been to the ombudsman twice. They couldn't give two ducks about their customers. It's criminal and I've seriously considered sending my own faeces to the head office, but it wouldn't do anything accept get me arrested... how's that justice??"
Are you solarplicity? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"DREADFUL, APPALLING, WORDS FAIL ME........ Shop around for a decent supplier. One who will fulfil their promises and who you can actually contact because in the 1 year I have been with them i have only managed to speak to a human being once!!! Now moved happily to Bulb."
"Terrible service should not be allowed to run a business. I have been waiting to be contacted for months and no communication. Disgusting and poorest service ever"
"Absolutely useless. Their meter readings are estimated and way out even with smart meters installed. Getting any answers from them is highly unlikely, I sent 2 emails several weeks ago and all I got was an automated reply saying that they hadn't answered in 7 days and so they moved me up to priority, still didn't get an answer. I have been waiting over 3 weeks for a final bill but instead had 2 messages and phone calls demanding payment. They supposedly sent the bill by mail but I never got it. Their phone calls show Wakefield but all the staff are Asian with strong accents and I suspect an awful long way from Wakefield. Rather overrated with 1 star."
"Absolutely awful. Gave me no indication that a switch had began, when I requested to cancel it, they said yes. I was then billed. This was September/October last year. My old energy supplier thinks I've never left, but solarplicity has sent me a number of bills and won't let me leave. There seams no end, as evrrytime I ring up I have to start from the bottom each time"
"Appalling service. 1.Put me on the wrong plan 2. Inflated bills which led to overcharge by 200 quid 3. Never received the 10 Leds that were promised while signing up 4. Have been fighting with them for 6months now and even after accepting all these failures of Customer service - they have not been able to resolve the issues 5. They have no shame and have referred me to debt collectors wrongfully 6. Now I am dealing with the debt collectors and the credit control and the customer service at Solarplicity all at the same time. 7. Avoid at all costs"
"Absolutely the worst customer experience I have ever had. They ignore emails, often don't answer the phone and when they do they make assurances that they have no intention of honouring. At their insistence, I booked a day's annual leave to have a smart meter fitted. I asked for email confirmation of this visit - which I had to chase multiple times. The engineer turned up on the appointed day and worked outside on my meters, so I didn't actually have to be there. He only set the system up but did not actually install it - saying it would be sent out to me to install myself. That was 9 weeks ago. Despite my chasing this many times the meter has never materialised. I even emailed the MD of the business, but (not surprisingly) got no response. They have been massively overcharging me for fuel and I am currently 100's of pounds in credit. I have no doubt that when I cancel my contact with them, when the renewal is due, that it will take calls / emails ad nauseam in order to get the monies refunded that they undoubtedly owe me. This company needs to to be shut down ASAP.....as they are a bunch of incompetents!"
"Absolutely horrendous company to deal with. Won’t answer phone and do not reply to emails. Will not pay compensation owed to me despite saying they would. Customer service is awful. And promises everything but gives nothing. I would avoid this company at all cost."
"Been with solarplicity coming up for a year now in June, firstly when I signed up I filled in the forms stating I was entitled to get 8 or 10 (can’t remember now) free energy saving light bulbs for joining, have never received them! And when I spoke to someone at the company on the phone I was told they will look into it for me but have never heard anything. But tbh that’s the least of my complaints... when a couple of months ago I tried to submit my metre readings online, which Ive been regularly doing every 3 months, It wouldn’t allow me to submit my Gas reading? Only my electric? On my account it was showing no history of any meter readings I have supplied for my gas only the first one I gave when I switched to them, but it was showing up fine for my electricity I rang them about this and they said that there is an error due to themselves, and when I asked if I was likely to get a shocking bill due to this, the lady that I spoke to assured me that I wouldn’t and several times telling me it was there error. Hoping she was correct because tbh she could barely understand me and vice versa! Then today a month before my fixed term contract is up, I received an email saying I am £565 in debit and that they will be changing my direct debit next month to more than double what I’m paying atm I was under the illusion that if your paying a fixed rate that there would be no unexpected debts to be paid at the end of your contract? Any Advice please would be greatly appreciated before I have to call them again and try to speak to someone that is just not gonna help or have a clue what I’m talking about!"
"Awful company run by people who only want to line their own pockets! They ignore all complaints and try their best to deny everything they do wrong! My advice to anyone looking to switch to a new energy company is avoid this one! The fact ofgem have two provisional orders stopping them from taking on new customers clearly shows theres serious failings!"
"If I could give zero stars I would. Am owed a refund after cancelling my contract. It has now been going on 5 months and they still haven't paid me. Emails go unanswered, lies from their customer service team on the phone. Literally at my wits end with this company, it should be illegal to treat people and withhold money the way they have. Avoid like the plague."
"Awful company, terrible customer service, overcharges on estimates so that your account is always in credit and when you have had enough of them and want to leave its very difficult to get back the credit on your account. Had to call in the Ombudsman. Am now with Bulb, great so far and cheaper too. If you want to try them and want to get £50 credit to your new account join using this link - www.bulb.me/jamesc5746"
"Horrendous customer service. IV been told lie after lie. Terrible company."
"Still waiting for the credit owed to me, after leaving them at the end of october 2018. Have sent numerous emails, which are rarely answered, also made several phone calls, some promising my final bill and credit owed to me will be sent to me by post, but it never happens! All they do is lie, do not have anything to do with this despicable company!"
"STAY AWAY!!! They are the worst supplier i have ever had. Completely regret signing up with them. The customer service is dire and you can never get hold of anyone. You have to answer all the data security questions about 5 times in a row as they can never understand you.They DO NOT issue meter submissions reminders and will send you the bill one day then call the next asking why it hasn't been paid yet. They are just utter rubbish.."
"Awful - I tried to close my account in February when I moved and someone said they would make a note of it and call me back. This didn't happen each time I called - 5 times!!! And yet they are still sending me bills although I moved. The bills are always ridiculously high estimations too. Worst customer service ever."
"Awaiting refund since beginning of Feb, spent over 23 hours on phone still no sight of it, appauling customer service"
"Stay away! I made the mistake of joining them despite all the bad reviews they have only because they had good prices. Their customer service is appalling. If there are no issues, yes, they have good prices. However, you will fully regret your decision as soon as something goes wrong (which is likely to happen). I spent over 5 hours on the phone (plus waiting time) and had more than 10 calls in the last 2 months and still they did not manage solve my problem. Very incompetent. Disgraceful. I made the mistake of joining them as many other people, I hope this review will help someone else."
"Terrible service. I had arranged to have my gas and electricity meter changed to a smart meter and had 3(!) missed appointments. For all three I had to take half a day off work and was at home. None of the times was I contacted to inform me of any delay or rearrangement. On the third try I even called up their customer service center 3 times to say that I was concerned that it would be another missed appointment but was told that they could not contact the individual who had been tasked with the job. It was only on the fourth call (with 2 hours left in the day) that I insisted that someone contact the technician booked to do the job and was then told that they have been involved in a traffic accident (to be honest I do not believe this). If I did not call them I would never have known. Please stay away, it is not worth saving a few pounds against the stress and missed work that you will have to put up with."
"If I could give zero stars I would. I was promised pre payment meters with cards which 10 months down the line I'm still waiting for. In the process of switching suppliers but now been told I've still got a bill from solarplicity for the next 25 years just for the solar panels , which I was told were free and if I left I'd get no Bill's. This company is a farce and they are just out to RIP people off along with the city council who are to blame as well for going into partnership with them"
solarplicity is rated 1.10 based on 84 reviews