solarplicity Reviews

3% of reviewers recommend solarplicity

Popular Questions:

How can I contact solarplicity?

Tell us how solarplicity made you happy

"it is the worst company ever if you can call it a company. the company is not fit for purpose. i believe it should be investigated"
Are you solarplicity? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"The promised free leds were all the wrong sort, would not reply to my emails for explanation, could not get through on the phone. After informing them I was exiting and going to make a complaint to Ofgem someone eventually got in touch and promised to replace the leds, that didn't happen. There were other issues with the same result so I changed suppliers and now they hassling me for payments for energy they have not supplied. Customer service is wilfully bad, I suspect the CEO is Vlad Putin, or Trump."
"QUITE SIMPLY THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE. THEY ARE INCAPABLE OF RUNNING A SERVICE FIT FOR PURPOSE, LIE TO YOU AND REFUSE TO HELP. OMBUDSMAN ON THE WAY......"
"I changed supplier 6 months ago, since then I have had real difficulty getting Solarplicity to produce a correct bill. Despite numerous attempts by myself to supply meter readings."
"One star's too much been waiting for my £500 refund since Nov, just get excuses. Often and small claims court await DO NOT USE"
"Still waiting for my refund after closing my account in October 2018. I have made uncountable calls and reviews to to get my refund but to no avail. All the customer service team are liars and annoying to speak to. They behave like robots and always can't deliver any help. THIS IS THE WORST SERVICE EVER."
"Failed promises, bungled switch, broken website with no functionality. Failed callbacks, etc etc you name it. I left 4 months ago and they still haven't refunded my credit despite multiple calls. An opening offer of some free good quality led light bulbs was a nice touch. Of course that never panned out either. So I left... And got charged £60 for breaking my contract. What about YOUR contract for proving a functioning service???? Absolute garbage. Please please go elsewhere."
"I switched from Solarplicity in November 2018 and had a credit balance of approximately £40. I was informed that once I received my final bill I'd be credited however this did not happen. After many emails and telephone calls and promises of payment, finally at the beginning of February 2019, have now handed the case over to the energy ombudsman. Telephone number: 03304401614."
"I am concerned that this is the best supplier. I had to have my meter changed to a Smart Meter months ago and was over £80 in credit, but since the change I have not been given a bill although I have written to them. Just feel is this safe as they are not replying."
"Dreadful company unable to contact anyone no one ever replies to emails or answers the phone been with comapny for 8 months can not wait to leave. seems to have lots of recent excellent reviews from people naming person they have spoken to on the phone well dont know how the managed to talk to anyone sure these are FAKE REVIEWS."
"a very unreliable bust company mysteriously recordable electric power tarif rates do not match"
"They are extremely incompetent. I left their service over 3 months ago and despite regular calls to their customer service department, they have not refunded the (significant) credit on my account. AVOID unless you enjoy talking to customer service representatives regularly and getting nowhere."
"Solarplicty AVOID AT ALL COSTS! 1 star is too high! This company is the absolute worst! I have NEVER had such a bad customer experience in my whole life. I’ve only been a customer for just over 6 months and I should have followed my gut 4 months ago and left. The rates are mega cheap but that’s because they ignore you when you send the meter readings, the online upload for meter readings conveniently doesn’t work, and if it happens to be working at your end, the customer service team ‘can’t see’ what you uploaded at their end. This means that they guess your bills and they never send invoices. It’s now January and I haven’t had an invoice since August!!!! If you need customer service expect to wait over an hour on the phone or at least 3 - 4 months on email for a response (I am not exaggerating!). However, if you ask them for invoices for the last 6 months like I did, they conveniently respond in less than 12 hours because it turns out they have a HUGE bill that they never told you about and want you to pay! SO DISHONEST AND UNPROFESSIONAL! The bill is so ridiculous especially since I’ve sent them so many readings and I’ve been paying every month according to the amount owed on my online account. I’m usually a calm, kind and reasonable person, but Solarplicity is really pushing me to my limits and I would urge everyone to stay away from them. They aren’t worth the hassle. No idea if I can get them to cancel the huge bill they are now demanding but I am going to bloody well try as I’ve sent them so many meter readings and they have totally ignored me until now! DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THESE CROOKS!"
"The broadband was so slow it was incapable of any streaming. I have changed supplier and have to pay two fees to get out of the contract"
"the whole company is one big "swamp" and scam My meter reading when I switched to you was 13993, my current meter reading is 14325 so 14325 minus ➖ 13993= 332kilowstts So why and how you calculated that I have used 3033 kilowatts?! They charged me 170GBP FOR NOTHING and THEY DO NOT REPLYING on my emails for ober months !! JOKE !!! I have used from 01.04.2018 to 13.11.2018 = 332kilowstts !! No bills no explanation!! Nobody did not sort it out my previous balance and gas bills which was wrong !!! Right now my Gas meter reading is 14385 so from first day being with you when I switched to you was 13993 ( unfortunately the worst decision ever ) = I have used 392 kilowatts until TODAY !!! SCAM !! you do not comply with the contract you cheat customers you calculate bills badly and WRONG you do not reply to the e-mail within the time limit mentioned in the contract the whole company is one big "swamp" and scam"
"Arguably the worst customer service of all time, and that's up against some pretty stiff competition (I used to have AOL as my ISP). Yes they have actually got some staff in an Indian call centre now that do actually answer the phones, but for all the use it will do you may as well speak to the next door neighbours cat. Having finally got my smart meters fitted after 18 months of shenanigans, it transpires that only the electric meters work, the gas meters won't update and as a result all gas meter billing is based on an estimate on a gas meter that was taken out 4 months ago. I have managed to speak to someone about this and was informed that there is a 'Data Issue' will all gas meters and they have no idea how long this will take to resolve. So I am guessing that I am not the only person in this situation. You would have thought that the sensible thing to do would be to put a statement to this effect on the website or in the FAQ or Facebook page. But so far I have no been able to find anything to tell customers that their smart meters won't work and their bills will be pure guesswork. I would cancel my contract but how am I supposed to get final readings ? Avoid at all costs."
"Solarplicity are awful. Don’t waste your time. They don’t answer the phone or respond to any emails unless you cc in the ombudsman. Pay a little bit more and use another company."
"never use them for gas or electric , unless you have 8 hours a day to try sorting your bills out :/"
"Never , ever in my life I’ve came across such unprofessional and disorganized company with the worst customer service you can imagine . My smart meter instalationwas unsucessful on 4 occasions ( on the last One engineer came without gas meter 🙈. My advice is - better look somewhere else , not worth it ."
solarplicity is rated 1.27 based on 30 reviews