Spark energy Reviews

of reviewers recommend Spark energy

Tell us how Spark energy made you happy
This company is very dishonest, I do not know how they sleep at night. They blantently lie to you. They want 500 for an empty flat. Then they want proof it was empty, they ask for a picture of the reading, now I have it, they do not want to see it. Lying is there policy, have to ring them up tomorrow after doing a 10 hour shift!!!!!!!
Don't go near, was told I was on fixed rate £46 monthly no extra payments. 3 months later they took £139 out with no notice. Phoned them up & was told I should have been told this, argued that I wasn't & she suddenly couldn't understand what I was saying!! #unts
Spark Energy should be avoided like the plague. They will take unauthorised amounts from your account, up to x3 the agrees amount. They will ignore meter readings and estimate that you owe them up to x3 the agreed bill. I have been harassed up to 12 x a day for money I don't owe. I even tried to leave and they stopped me leaving as a result of an imaginary sum they said I owed. If you use this company you are opening a big can of worms for yourself.
When you ask to close the account and I’m credit, they than add readings to your final bill so they try and avoid the amount that your in credit. When you have proof of the readings on the meter and also the credit that you have they ignore you. Absolute con artists even with evidence from their own staff of the credit
They dont have a clue sparks
waste of time especially that alison that nos nothing
The worst consumer experience of my life, 6 years of hell. They've tarnished my once perfect credit score through their consistent incompetence, even worse, after spending 12 hours a week on the phone for over a year, I blame this company for seriously impacting my mental health. Breeching legislation and their contractual obligations is common practice. Charging what they want, when they want is standard practice (as a single homeowner, I was regularly left without food or essential items due to random 200%increases in direct debits) Which, Martin Lewis, OFGEM.... Please bring this company down, they are literally destroying lives!! (Ps. I'm a professional and one of those folk who would say with confidence 'it only happens to people who do something wrong or who don't pay on time') it did happen to me and it could happen to you too. Avoid this company at all costs!
Disgrace avoid and switch before you take one day of supply from this lot.
Dont answer phones just harass you with texts
Govt needs to get involved now!
Avoid, Avoid, Avoid...
This company has the attitude that fraud is a natural occurrence when using Spark Energy.
They can only be described as an OCG (organised crime group) I can’t even describe how disgustingly revolting this company are.
They should have the license revoked and be thrown in jail...
Ridiculous tariffs and incompetence - if you are considering them, look into companies like Pure Planet, Igloo, Green Network, Neon Reef, Symbio and Orbit Energy. They have waaaaay better tariffs, most of them have green energy and you can also expect better customer service. If you are not convinced, please continue reading.

I don't think I have ever left a review here ever, but this company is a joke. I have recently switched from Spark to another supplier. I have paid my outstanding balance and I thought that would be it. Boy, was I wrong! Firstly, Spark has conveniently forgotten to cancel my direct debit and although I have received their 'Sorry to see you go' bill I continued to be charged through the direct debit within the following month. After contacting Spark to let them know of the error, I was given 2 options: a) wait until the money reaches them and then another 14 days or so to receive a refund; or b) to call my bank and cancel that transaction and the direct debit myself (so basically do their job for them). I opted for option b) as that would guarantee me a refund within the day. All good, got my money back and, again, I thought this would be it. Wrong again! The next month I get hit with a 'We're getting ready to pass your account to a debt collection agency.' email, at which point I start another neverending journey of phone calls and queues. First I am being told by Spark that when I cancelled my direct debit, the bank has also cancelled the transaction previous to the one that needed cancelling - this makes no sense since when I made the request with my bank to cancel the erroneous transaction I received the money within the day, and this time the money allegedly came to me 2 months later. I am also very much encouraged to make the payment over the phone to clear my balance - I, of course, refuse since I did not receive any refund and I need to check with my bank. The bank confirms what I already knew - the request I made was only for one transaction and there has been no other request for the second transaction to be cancelled too, also they confirm that no refund has been issued for the second transaction. I go back to Spark (again queues, waste of time, etc.), explain the situation and ask for the issue to be clarified and 'my debt' to be settled. I am faced with a very ironic 'you have outstanding balance because you made a second request to your bank for a refund' (after I have already explained that I did not make any such request). What is the solution then? - I am told that I need to present proof that I did not receive the refund and provide bank statements so they can check and look into it - are you freaking serious? After I waste all this time for your stupidity and incompetence, I am still the one to have to prove myself and waste my time. Absolutely ridiculous!

UPDATE: I have been harassed everyday since with a text message, an email and a phone call (every other day). Called again and been told that they will raise a query with their Finance Department (which I think should have been done the first time I called). I requested the harassment to stop in the meantime since this is being handled and I have been told the messages cannot be stopped.
Customer Service is absolutely abysmal. I've been told different stories on no less than three separate occasions. I've spent HOURS on the phone to them trying to get some resolution and have asked for things to be emailed to me and they never arrive which means yet another phone call to complain about them not sending something through.
Worst company. Customer service is shockingly terrible. Not once have I had a good experience dealing with the spark team; they never follow through on anything and bills constantly incorrect. Can't wait to leave spark.
Warning - Please stay away from this company
Please listen to my warning and do not use this company.

They are utterly incompetent, and the customer service is terrible.

Here’s what has happened to me (sorry it’s long):

Moved into my current rented property in December 2018 and received letters from Spark Energy and another company both claiming to be my supplier for gas.

After many phone calls, emails and a lot of investigation on my part I discovered that someone (most likely the previous tennant) requested the supply be moved to Spark shortly before we moved in.

The electric was changed over fine, but the wrong gas meter was changed over. An understandable enough mistake to make given there are 3 flats in my building, however, to this date Spark energy have failed to fix the problem. This has been costing me money, time and is an ongoing stress.

For a long time, Spark denied that any mistake had been made despite having been provided with the correct meter number by me which didn't match their details.
I continued to try and speak to Spark about the problem. Every time someone would say they were making notes and someone would contact me again soon – but they never did. I would then have to call again to chase up only to find no notes had been left and have to explain the situation again. This continued for months.

I provided copies of the letters I had from the other company with our meter number, screenshots of records I found online and photo’s of the actual meter after completing a burns test. Still Spark have not fixed the problem.

When I very first spoke to Spark, I set up a monthly DD of £50 per month for gas and electric. Due to us not being able to supply a meter reading Spark advised they would increase our direct debit. I called them, explained (again) and was assured no changes would be made. This happened several more times, then, Spark increased my payment to £150 without providing any notice. When calling them to discuss this I was told they would not refund the additional payment they had taken and would also not reduce it to our previously agreed amount.

As a result of the massive increase I cancelled my DD but have continued to pay our agreed £50 as a card payment each month. While they aren’t actually supplying the gas, they are supplying the electric so I think it’s fair to pay for that service.

Spark have chased me for what they feel is an outstanding payment for the rest. This involves text messages twice a day, an email once a day and an automated voice call a couple of times a week. It is utterly infuriating that they feel they can harass me for a debt relating to a service they have not been supplying and have failed to fix for a year and a half!
I called (yet again) to talk about the problem and Spark did agree that I shouldn’t be chased for any payment until this was resolved. The chasing did stop for about a month but has now resumed out of nowhere. I emailed them again last week but haven’t received a response.

I desperately want to move away from this terrible company but can’t until the national database has been correctly updated. At this stage I feel Spark are simply not updating this in order to extract more money from me.

I am currently gathering copies of my correspondence together to make a complaint to the Energy Ombudsman to see if they can help me resolve this once and for all.

Please save yourself time, energy and stress and DO NOT USE SPARK ENERGY
Useless, they switched us to another company without telling us, and continued to take our money for 6 months despite not providing us with anything. When we were cut off (by the new company), we phoned them and they just said they had no record of us being with them, took hours on the phone for them to admit we had been their customer and then they said they didnt know who our new provider was, they also tried to blame us for continuing to pay them, many hours of arguing later they finally told us who we were now with. Then they told us it would take weeks for us to get our money back. So we were left in a situation where we owed another company hundreds of pounds and had nothing to give them. They were unhelpful, difficult and rude on the phone, even swearing at us. This was months ago, and now we've been getting pestered again saying we owe them a bill of over £80. terrible company, terrible service.
Glad to have left Spark after a short while as their Account Management system is just rubbish. Even after paying a bill you still get daily text message reminders insisting on payment. Just uneccesary and very annoying! And despite a statement saying you have weeks until a required payment date you get almost daily text messages until that date. People in their call centre however are professional and lovely.
This company made me cry . The adult 30 year me sat down and cried as they kept waking me up post nightshifts asking me to pay a bill that wasn’t over due . I decided to throw money at them to stop calling me so switched to a fixed direct debit . Guess what !!! I kept getting crazy bills and crazy phone calls .. worst worst experience.. Over priced and border line harassment ! They keep asking you for loads of money and when you try to understand why they never really have a reason why and just say reflects on ur account u need to pay xy ! I would rather live under a tree and live without electricity then ever go with this company again !
Absolutely disgusting company. STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS. This company will harass you non-stop one day after your bill is due, and will not stop until they have their greedy claws on your money. I get 2 calls, 3 voicemails (automated), email after email, and text after text, until the bill is paid. It is not necessary and induces a lot of stress and anxiety. I have never missed a payment and their customer support, despite being informed of this harrassment, are not prepared to do anything about it. Spark energy have such an aggressive approach, and truly do not care about their customers. I am ready to take my custom elsewhere. Shame on you SPARK energy. Shame, shame shame.
Worst suppliers ever. They make bill up as they go. When you call to query they blind you with science. we lasted 6 months and changed. Would not even recommend to my worst emermy.
EVERYONE STAY CLEAR
Absolutely disgusted by this company and their harassment and hounding for NON OVERDUE payments. Several texts and emails and calls for a bill of £47 which was not overdue.
Explained the Covid situation and being in hospital etc- they have no heart ears or soul.
Online site had issues which would not allow to sign in and pay.
Meter readings wrong.
Will be going with another proper customer service based Energy company.
Worst energy supplier ever. Got my readings wrong from day one. Never managed to correct it properly. I was overcharged for almost 1.5years (£90 with Spark and £40 with my current supplier). When I moved to another supplier, my account showed £480 credit. I had to contact them several times to receive my refund. When I spoke with them, I gave them again my final readings which reduced my credit to £370 according to technical support on the chatbox. 2 hours later, I opened my account again to see if they had updated my account and suddenly my credit went down to £270.
Spark energy is rated 1.09 based on 45 reviews