Spark energy Reviews

of reviewers recommend Spark energy

Tell us how Spark energy made you happy
AVOID!!!!!! I live in a studio apartament the light don t work I only got one lamp in the studio.
I moved in September
Bill Aug-Sept £93 been in the country 2 weeks so the apartament was empty
Bill Sept-Oct £70 Been in the apartament the hole time due to corona and isolation
I asked for an explanation none given.
I got very angry as before they said I did not provide no meeter reading(aug-sept) this month ( oct) all off the sudden they got the meeter reading from aug to sept when her coleague told me he does not have it. I got a hidge bill for a studio flat before I lived with 4 other people and 3 tv s in the house we would pay £70 max a month.
I am not a Spark customer but keep…
I am not a Spark customer but keep receiving bills every month for an address I have never heard of! I ring them every time I get a bill ( premium line ) and they assure me it’s all sorted, then next month another bill arrives.
The worrying thing is it going to effect my credit rating if the real customer does not pay. Totally unprofessional
Inherited them as they were the existing supplier to a property I moved into. Customer service is non existent and they continually bombard with payment reminders even when an issue is lodged with them. Requested a callback from them twice and was completely ignored. Also very quick to threaten debt collection agencies.
I've been with them literally a few hours and I'm having problems already. They didn't send me out a payment card so tried to use the card number at the shop and has said it's not recognised! It's left me in -credit even though I topped up £15 the lines arnt open on a weekend! They switched me before my 14 day switchover so couldn't change back to my old supplier. I've emailed there's no email there's no online chat just stay clear do not go with this company I have 3 children and have used all my money topping up to leave me in -credit and don't know what to do when my electric goes off.
a bunch of thieving clowns. they fabricate bills and charge your debit card whenever they please.
they have since been harrassing me on the daily with emails and text messages making false claims about outstanding payments, when the account has clearly been settled and confirmed by them. they are a joke. stay away.
Spark Energy recently doubled our bill for no apparent reason. Incorrectly captured meter readings. Cut me off on customer services and being really polite...... Also takes 15-20 min to speak to somebody.
***They don't even deserve one star - but I had no choice but to leave one***

STRONGLY ADVISE NEVER TO USE SPARK ENERGY - PLEASE READ BELOW:

I moved into my flat in Nov 2018 at which point I provided my metre readings to date (as did the previous owner) they are still telling me they are running off estimated metre readings after making numerous phone calls to provide them at which point I was advised that I have an outstanding debt amount and that they expect customers to call once every month to provide metre readings. (Please bare in mind every time I call I'm on hold for 45 minutes to 1 hours before I speak with anyone)

I live in a studio flat (which is one big room with a kitchen and bathroom attached) I was originally advised when setting up with spark that it should cost £35 per month, this was the agreed direct debt amount. After 2 months I noticed the direct debt amount went up to £250.00 per month. Currently I have turned my central heating off at the mains and wash up with cold water because I can't afford this amount per month. I have had to cancel my direct debt with Spark as the last payment they took was for my mortgage payment, given the global pandemic the last thing I personally need on top of everything else I'm trying to manage I DO NOT NEED TO DEFAULT ON MY MORTGAGE PAYMENTS BECAUSE OF SOME BACK STREET COWBOY COMPANY. I have received a letter advising I'm now in outstanding debt of £570.16....... I have tried to change over providers as other companies have advised me this is disgusting! Spark allow the change over until the day before it is due to happen and then reject it. I'm now receiving debt collection letters threating legal action.

Everyone I have spoken to has been disgusting! I'd be surprised if any of the staff members undergo any form of training. I am seeking legal advise at additional costs as well as including 3rd parties. Maybe now they will be a little bit more inclined to listen.

I'm a single person living alone, my mother lives in a 3 bedroom detached house and is costing her £160 per month for gas and electric!

If this matter isn't resolved soon I am genuinely scared for my life at this time. I hope things do not have to go to this extreme before someone will listen and take action.
***They don't even deserve one star - but I had no choice but to leave one***

STRONGLY ADVISE NEVER TO USE SPARK ENERGY - PLEASE READ BELOW:

AVOID!
By far worst company ever. They charge for very high estimates when you have given meter readings. I was only using as my previous tenants had. Glad to say I've now changed.
I have been hounded every day for the past month by SMS and emails, even automated voice calls. This I would classify as harassment all for monies I definitely do not owe, as I have proof from British Gas that Spark Energy make up factious meter readings, so glad i switched away as I would not have picked up this mistake. A very SAD company indeed with shady business practises.
Badly organised, poorly trained staff. AVOID AT ALL COST! First call with their agent they said my account was £1400 in credit and wait 10 days for the money to be credited. Called again 2 weeks later and said my bill was £18,000 in debt(not a typo). Now they have pulled a number from this air for £900 that I apparently owe. Absolute joke! Someone should be regulating these sorts of companies as they can charge what they like and if you don't pay it, you'll be the one with the damaged credit rating. Do yourself a favour and go with someone else
Sparks is the worst company ever,if you want stress and misleading information join them.They do nothing but tell you something which isn’t not there.I have enough Stay away from this Clowns 🤡 .
Spark is the worst company ever, they tell you misleading information, money taken from my account with out my knowledge .if you don’t want unpleasant surprise stay away from this clowns 🤡.
I was with a company DD set up no probs. All of a sudden spark got in touch saying they have taken over. Turns out they buy details of lettings agency (I rent my home) both spark and letting agency are at fault. Now have a huge bill to pay before I can tell them to .... Off
Every few months, they try and tripple my direct debit payment. This month they claimed that I owed them £38.35 and wanted to increase my direct debit from £62 to £187.00. After submitting my meter reading, I had actually overpaid by £129.13.

I would change provider but I am moving soon. I would never use them again.
Ridiculous company. I moved house and closed my account, received email confirmation my account was closed. For two months after that, they took money by DD from my bank account. I called to rectify this, they promised the money would be refunded in two weeks. Three months and several calls later, still no refund. Now they're telling me they had a billing error and "no bills were created for my account" (even though they took payment every month), they're refusing to send me a refund until they fix their own system. Avoid this company at all costs.
We wanted to switch energy suppliers but Spark blocked this for three months (the account was not in arrears and we have them meter reading whenever they were asked for). Very disappointing, left feeling like they were trying to get every pound out of us. Their customer service was unresponsive and unhelpful. Would not recommend.
Unprofessional...Makes mistakes on Invoices, issuing Final Bills Twice with no explanation. Transfers you details to Debt collectors wrong figures.. To much stressful.
Stay away

In 2018 May we choose them for about £85 a month
May 2020 over £350 a month ?

They are making very difficult to leave as blocking my account so we can’t move to another provider
Spark energy is worst company government have yo ban this company and close asap. They rip the people like every one saying . I always keep up to date i bedn told £2318 i owe them. I am going to say goodbye to spark energy today and i hope i will hear some news in future thd company is closed. Dont use spark energyoh
Spark energy is rated 1.06 based on 72 reviews