Switcher.ie Reviews

of reviewers recommend Switcher.ie
Read Switcher.ie Reviews

About Switcher.ie:

Switcher.ie is a leading Irish price comparison website for electricity, gas, broadband, TV, home phone and SIM-only mobile plans.

Our service is impartial and free. We help you to easily compare and switch to the best deals, so you can lower your household bills across a wide range of products and services like gas and electricity, broadband, TV, home phone, and SIM-only mobile plans.

Switcher.ie is accredited by the Commission for Energy Regulation. This means Switcher.ie is an independent, impartial and correct source of information for consumers to use when searching for accurate comparisons of Irish energy suppliers.

Visit Switcher.ie to get exclusive deals and money-saving tips on energy, broadband, TV, and mobile phones from Ireland’s leading price comparison website.

customerservice@switcher.ie

Switcher.ie, Suite B02, Fitzwilliam House

Tell us how Switcher.ie made you happy
I switched from Pure telecom to Eir for broadband. The quote from Eir was Euro 24.99 per month. An email arrived and the bill was,Euro 26.99 +Euro 49.99 special cost, not mentioned in initial quote, and agreed to be waived when I rang Eir, but it's still on the bill. Both Pure and Eir charged me in same month, and neither were easy to contact, and in fact Eir are impossible to contact by telephone. So I a. Not certain if I will make any savings but certainly got frustrated by this whole process, and it absorbed huge time.
Because I clicked through switcher to change providers, I didn't actually benefit from an online promotion that the provider has at the time.
Also, when I placed my order it transpired that the service wasn't available in my area.
Switcher.ie probably needs to modify it's services in light of this.
(Broadband) - Posted 2 years ago
Given incorrect details. Now tied to a contract with EIR.
(Broadband) - Posted 3 years ago
Still waiting on broadband.
(Broadband) - Posted 3 years ago
Switcher never cancelled my former plan with my previous broadband provider. I got billed twice. Your website clearly states "We'll take care of the rest" and if I recall correctly, you mention this in your forms too. You did it for me in 2015; that's why I used your service again. What happened this time?

Highly dissatisfied.
Hi Aapo,

Thank you for leaving your review of Switcher.ie.

We have responded to you privately via email.

With thanks,
The Switcher.ie Team.
on a closer look at my bill, i realised Airtricity gives more savings than Energia as shown on your website. Their conversion rate makes bills higher than previous provider

Tarrif on electricity
Energia - 0.16
Airtricity - 0.52
Hi Derby,

Many thanks for submitting your review of Switcher.ie, it is much appreciated.

The plan you have signed up for (Energia's Clever Dual Fuel) offers customers a discount on the standard unit rate on electricity and gas (26% off electricity standard unit rate and 25% off standard gas unit rate).

On your Energia bill you will see that you are billed at the standard unit rate of 0.1665 for electricity and 0.517 for gas however underneath you will see the discounted amounts then subtracted from your bill.

SSE Airtricity were charging you at a unit rate of 0.4610 for gas and 0.1502 for electricity however with Energia's Clever Dual Fuel tariff you are being charged a cheaper unit rate of 0.3880 (0.4404 incl. VAT) for gas and 0.1232 (0.1398 cent incl. VAT) for electricity.

I hope this clarifies that you are receiving a cheaper unit rate with your new Energia tariff however should you have any questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
Rebecca.
Switcher has sent wrong MBR... (whatever) number of my gas meter to the new gas suppler - so I ended up with two bills. Waiting for refund.
Hi S Staszak

Thank you for the feedback and we are sorry to hear that you had an issue. Our customer service team will be in contact shortly to help resolve this.

Kind regards