Wordery Reviews

help@wordery.com

Wordery
Abbey House
282 Farnborough Road

Tell us how Wordery made you happy
I read this book a few months ago and could not put it down, it is such a gripping story. Holly Black is by far a very talented writer. I was worried about reading as I read her books have to much sexual scenes, swearing and drinking, however There is no actual sex in the book only that but 2 characters are in bed together. In the book there is no sex graphic details only kissing. There is some swearing which does not bother me although seems un needed. I did enjoy the book though. A modern fantasy fairy story, could be enjoyed by young adults or even adults.
Eric Shaban book is an absolute disgrace. This man demeaned me and mentally abused me for over 20 years. He is a sick and evil human and the fact his has a book of "God" is comical. I've never been happier since he was fired from my organization. Good riddance to a sick and evil individual.
Excellent service and delivered safely by Royal Mail. Nottingham customer
I really can rely this company for great books and fast delivery.
Wordery has an extensive stock of books an easy to use website and speedy delivery.
Excellent read .can’t wait for the next book.
Wordery, many thanks for a £450 limited series book, the packaging was correctly sized with sponge. I have had USB drives shipped from amazon in a box that could accommodate a fridge freezer which is massively annoying and wasteful. I will also reuse the sponge from your shipping for whatever reason. Forget about the book, I was so pleased to see a an expensive book packaged in a correctly sized small box with sponge for protection from drops. My review is not about the book, its the prompt service, best priced and super packaging. Granted a courier may drop kick a certain package into the corner of a van with resulting damage. But Wordery have proved that a small sized box with internal sponge can survive a correctly couriered packaged product. I hope all Wordery continue this small packaging practice and ensure they keep track of complains from courier's that don't deliver to standard. My book was shipped to BT20 in Northern Ireland, so a distance I assume requires many hands. Good job Wordery in a world that is still wasteful and doesn't give a monkeys!
Good range of graphic novels and fantasy. Good prices. Other places sell out of manga new releases quite quickly. The Wordery by far has the superior buying and pricing.
If you love books but don't want to shop at Amazon, this is where to go. Wordery sells books that other book shops don't stock as well as new releases and all the best selling stuff. Usually at a better price than others online. Ordered a book by mistake and contacted customer servies to change it and they did everything straight away, and refunded the difference instantly. Just a good company with good values.
Bought my bibles over 2 years ago. Very pleased and buying again in 2021
Well what can I say, Catherine Ryan Howard had once again written a thriller where when you think you know whats going on she manages to turn your world upside down! All you need to really know going into this book is that lockdown has given the opportunity for a perfect murder. Thats it. But whatever you do don't start reading it when you haven't got much time to spare ... you won't want to put it down! Set in Dublin in March 2020 we follow different perspectives, all leading up to Today where a detective duo have discovered a body. Can you ever trust the narrator? In this one who knows. For fans of her earlier The Nothing Man this book also has similar vibes to my all time thriller author Clare Mackintosh and I am going to be thinking about and having nightmares about this one for weeks to come. Content warnings for: Lockdown, murder, possibly emetophobia
I liked that this book was set in March 2020 when all the covid 19 restrictions started, several times during the Lockdowns I had one or two dark thoughts regarding wether people would actually know if anything bad had happened to us so I think the concept is credible! I also liked remembering how excited we all got to have our weekly trip to the supermarket or when hand sanitizer came back in stock. If we hadn't lived through this situation I don't think I would have believed what was happening in this book! I felt it started really good but like the covid restrictions it started to drag a little in the middle. Both Ciara and Oliver had a lot of mystery surrounding them and I enjoyed unravelling their facades. I also liked Lea, it was nice to have a female lead police officer who wasn't fighting personal demons or trying to prove a Point, she's just a strong woman doing her job to the best of her ability. It was quite repetitive at times, I didn't mind this as I thought it was quite interesting seeing either Ciara or Oliver’s opinion on events. I also sometimes struggled with the timings. Towards the end it jumped to and throw quite a lot.
Firstly I would need to mention how beautifully crafted the front covers and enticing it is to any audience, not only that it's a great introduction for how the book will be written and presented which is just perfect enough. Secondly, this type of crime and novel isn't right up my alley as it includes both mystery and lingering family heritage which creates a foundation for any good mystery novel. The plot is written at such a speed that keeps you wanting to turn the page with interesting twists and a good level of development on each character which makes it very easy to find which ones you like and dislike.
I think Wordery might be one of the worst companies I've ever had to deal with. It's a shame because I'm always on the look out for a more ethical supplier of books rather than having to resort to Amazon and, from their website, it looks like Wordery fits the bill. Their website appears friendly, jovial and non-corporate, even down to profiling the staff who work for them. However, I have found this to be a front. Don't be fooled by it. It's just a pretence. From my experience, they might like to make out that they're different to a large corporate entity like Amazon, but in my opinion, they're just as bad. I ordered a book and it arrived with some damage to it. So I contacted them via their contact form system on their website. I was advised in the automated reply that it would take 24 hours to respond. Fair enough. This was on a Saturday at mid-day, so I didn't expect a response until mid-day Monday at the latest (as they don't work Sundays). However, they didn't respond until well into the afternoon on Monday, so after the 24 hour period had elapsed. This didn't initially annoy me because at least they were responding but it did quickly get annoying when I read their response. They asked me for a picture of the damage. Now, why hadn't the option to do this been included on their website contact form in the first place? I could have attached a picture straightaway, now there was going to have to be a further delay to the proceedings. Bearing in mind the situation, where I've spent money out and received damaged goods back, any delay in these circumstances really is unprofessional and discourteous to your customer. Anyway, I dutifully sent off a picture of the damage. Which was when it got worse. Another 24 hours passed by and nobody bothered to get back in touch with me. Now I was exasperated. I could understand keeping a customer hanging over something like a stock enquiry or some other general enquiry but when a paying customer has received damaged goods, you shouldn't keep them waiting nor should it take this long for a customer to be able to organise a return. It’s completely unacceptable. It’s more than unprofessional. As far as I’m concerned it shows a real lack of interest in actually providing good customer care or even being interested in your customer’s feelings. Thankfully, I had paid through Paypal, so I decided to raise a dispute with them and contact them through Paypal, hoping that might light a fire under them to get moving. Unfortunately, this proved to be a mistake. You see, I was after a replacement copy of the book because Wordery actually had the cheapest price available so to get it elsewhere would have meant having to pay more money out. So you can imagine how annoyed I was when I received an email telling me that I had been refunded. This wasn’t what I wanted. Wordery should have contacted me first to ask what I wanted, (the usual options I find are a discount, a full refund or a replacement). They shouldn’t have just issued a refund without consulting me first. Like I said before, a lack of customer care or even an interest in what your customer wants. I suppose I could have just re-ordered it but, given my experience, I wasn’t sure I wanted to use Wordery again. The last straw came when they asked me to return the book by putting it in a post box. This I couldn’t do as they had sent it in a large parcel that wouldn’t fit any of the post boxes in my local, small town where I live. This meant potential further hassle for me. So I decided to make an official complaint to their Customer Services Manager. A waste of time. The response was overly defensive. They were more interested in defending their actions rather than just apologising for them. Their comments were also incredibly patronising and, to me, made me feel like the bad guy and that I was being unreasonable. They more or less called me a liar over the post boxes issue and had no sympathy for my situation whatsoever, quoting Royal Mail that the parcel should fit. But what was worse was that they downright lied to me to try and cover up their lack of customer care. I was told that the only way to resolve the problem was to issue a refund because that is how Paypal works. Utter rubbish. I’ve had to open disputes with Paypal in the past and have always been able to have a dialogue with the seller before any final decision is taken as to the resolution. Basically they had mucked up and didn’t want to admit it. I think I would have more respect for them if they’d just apologised and accepted that they were at fault, rather than trying to make me feel bad for not appreciating how wonderful they are, but they just couldn’t do it. What makes things worse is that this isn’t the first time I’ve had trouble with Wordery. I had a problem a couple of years ago where I ordered a book and it arrived absolutely creased to hell and you could tell it hadn’t been damaged in transit and that it had just been sent out like that. Anybody who thinks that it’s acceptable to send out things in that sort of state isn’t worth your custom. I suppose I shouldn’t have ordered from them but I couldn’t resist the cheaper price. I won’t be doing that again. So, please, take your business elsewhere. There are plenty of other genuine and good ethical booksellers out there, like Hive, who are really worth your time. Wordery isn’t. Don’t be fooled by their nicey-nicey website. Because I tell you this: entropy will devour the universe before I shop with Wordery again.
I can get budget priced paperbacks from The Wordery with FREE Delivery. I prefer using the Wordery instead of Amazon for Paperbacks. I will only use Amazon for deleted titles not available from Waterstones or the Wordery.
I loved loved loved this book. It was beautifully written, fast paced and had twists and turns all the way to the very end. I read this book.in a couple of days as I just couldn't put it down. The story is about twins, Summer who seems to have a perfect life and is perfect and Rose who although is identical feels the ugly and unloved twin. Summer needs Rose's help but Rose has her own problems of splitting up from her husband and starting over, but she rushes to the other side of the world to help Summer. Also in the mix is the fact there dad has died and left a very complicated will which means Summer and Rose are competing against his other children for the money and its a race against time as to who will get all the money. There is also there brother Ben who doesn't understand the twins bond and lives a completely separate life away from everyone. The end is a really cliff hanger ....no spoilers but WOW!!!!
Ordered 3 books for next day delivery but only recieved one,where are the other two?can't seem to get anyone to answer. Lousy customer service would not deal with you again or recommend you.
Kredit id mega888
Not always the cheapest but the delivery is free when others charge so much that you end up paying more anyway. Good choice of books and always up to date with current books and bestsellers. Sometimes I don't know what to buy but I always find something that appeals to me at worydery.
Better concept than Amazon. Wordery is positive to the arts and less has money-grabbing activities like Amazon. Amazon's review system is dire. Even dishonest
Wordery is rated 4.71 based on 79,087 reviews