Cousins Furniture Reviews

of reviewers recommend Cousins Furniture

Tell us how Cousins Furniture made you happy
Cousins is rubbish.
Brought a sofa £3000 within 2 months, the chair broken in half when the, repair man came to fix it even he was shocked to see a cheap piece of wood hdi g the chair together. After a it 3 weeks chair broke again so I've requested a replacement still waiting for it 8 months later I'm still waiting. Cled the office again today and spoke to sophy in customer services who is quite frankly rude and patronising has no customer experience and talks over you when you are trying to speak.
I am disabled and require a certain chair to help ease my limbs however I've not been able to enjoy my sofa.
Im going to report them to roag traders and trading Standards DISCUSTING COMPANY DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY WITH THEM RHEY DON'T DESERVE IT
Don’t bother with this shower!
Ordered a double bed end of July for when my dad comes out of hospital ( planned op next week), excuse after excuse and now order is cancelled because they were totally uninterested.
Thanks Cousins now my dad hasn’t got a bed for when he gets home from his heart surgery, you bunch of cretins.
Hope you feel smugly proud of yourselves.
Unfortunately this company has gone down - having shopped over 20 years the most recent experience was completely disappointing. Bought an item and given a clear indication that a week or 2 weeks was achievable - no follow up until I called to be advised that delivery would be 2 months later. 4 days later still waiting an update...very disappointing.

Once the saga is over I shall leave another review - I am hopeful that my grumpy attitude may resolve the scenario - I have said "Poor" instead of "Very Poor" because I have at least received a return phone call
good service
Whilst we were initially grateful that cousins had offered to supply our Alan Ward order (Alan Ward has recently been taken over by Cousins) after several weeks of phone calls spanning months, and Cousins stating categorically that our order had been 'located' and assured that someone would be in touch to arrange dispatched soon, we got no where.

Suddenly, our £1500 order went missing and would now take 14 weeks to be reordered (not the message I was given in the weekly phonecalls I was making in the months leading up to this news). Communication was difficult no one could seem to see why I felt I had been misled.

We asked if we could have the show room sofas in place (identical to our order) and were told they 'were not prepared to let us have them'.

We cancelled our order after weeks of stress.
Had a marble table and chairs delivered. Table is badly scratched in several places and the delivery note says ‘item marked as imperfect’ on one of the chairs; opened the box and it’s covered in black marks. Independent inspector been out and confirmed items are faulty, but the company will not authorise a refund, replacement only. Will not provide a reason for not authorising it, or give me a timescale for replacement. Told me I can go to the Furniture Ombudsman which seems to be the norm for this company after reading the bad reviews.
Went into Manchester store 2 weeks ago and ordered sofa which was in stock and in their Manchester wsrehouse. I also ordered and paid for matching chair that was in store display item, after two weeks chair still in Manchester store I have received the sofa which was in warehouse approximately 8 mile away from store. But as yet chair still in store and I gave wait till it gets to warehouse before they can arrange delivery. Unacceptable
TERRIBLE SERVICE/ HORRIBLE.
TERRIBLE SERVICE. HORRIBLE AFTERCARE. Was sold a marble table set £2500! 2 tables 12 chairs. Arrived late as per usual. Table arrived damaged, they sent an engineer to have a look. Then called me up to say they will give me £50 per table compensation! The cheek! I asked for a replacement. They said no! I asked for a refund, they said no! They want me to go to the furniture ombudsman..im going straight to court with these guys and involving the press! DO NOT BUY FROM COUSINS!!
Stay clear worst company ever bought a Parker Knoll in August 2019 it was a disgrace came stained and creaked payed with credit card and they only refund with cheque after a fight
The worst company I have ever dealt with. They send battered furniture, provide abysmal service and consider customers unreasonable!

I waited 4 weeks to get my tall boy delivered, it arrived with huge cracks. I contacted customer services and they said they would replace it but it would take up to 4 weeks to get a new one and wanted to leave me with a hazard around small children.

After getting nowhere with the poor service I made a complaint to the CEO - to which nobody higher than the same customer service rep responded! Nobody higher took any responsibility and they blatantly don’t care.

The customer service rep ‘accidentally’ sent an email which was meant to be internal and the tone and language of what was said was abysmal. She tried recalling this email but it just so happens I opened it as it came through!

It was then meant to be delivered today (8 weeks after ordering) after numerous emails and phone calls. I had to chase them after waiting around to be told that the warehouse systems had gone down and quote on quote ‘nobody would have contacted you if you hadn’t contacted us’ - no accountability!

If you do purchase anything from this company, they are part of The Furniture Ombudsman which is now the route I’m having to go down.

The stuff that these guys sell are also sold in other reputable wholesalers through the country. Read the small print, find the manufacturer and go on their website to find other stockists.
Visited Cousins (Dudley) with my mother and sister. We were unhappy with information that was given to us about the delivery charge and a discount by Roger regarding a sofa my mother had purchased. A review was posted stating we were unhappy and we received an email straight away by Tom ( a Manager) who apologised for the misunderstanding and applied the discount. A good company is judged by how they handle their complaints and customer services. Tom resolved the situation immediately. This was resolved in less than 24 hours.
Thank you Tom!!