B&Q Insights

B&Q have a Customer Happiness Grade of E. Customers love their prices but are unhappy with their returns process and refunds.

E

B

Price - Excellent

77.27%
Industry Average
" Good prices beating all othet competitors. Any problems with purchase never a problem. Bought dewalt grinder 4206 for 50 pounds tool station wanting 70 pounds a no brainer "
- Jim smith
" Got v33 furniture paint from bnq only 6 quid at the moment best paint for brushing straight onto wardrobe doors Out there outstanding for price must buy "
- Derek
" had full bathroom fitted last month can honestly say the job went fantastic no problems whatsoever fitters were very nice and helpful and completion was a little over but that was our doing am so so pleased would deal with them again. and the price was the cheapest quoted. (Lincoln) "
- G poucher
Write your review on B&Q
C-

Delivery - Average

56.68%
Industry Average
" Changed delivery date without notice customer service rude still not received order. Never again. I have lost a days pay for nothing. Items are in store but you won't let me change to click and collect. Refused to put me through to the manager uncaring and rude "
- Ms Alison Walker
" Dreadful service..promised my fire in a week. So made arrangements for wooden floor to be fitted at same time new skirting board. .took over 3 weeks for it to come.with no apologies nothing..wrote a 2 page letter to cheltenham manager 3 weeks ago.never had a reply..gave me wrong time for delivery also..they don't care about there customers. "
- Chris
" Was going to order £305 wort of plasterboard on trade account but B&Q wanted a massive 10%delivery charge of £30 total£335 to deliver 5 miles away ordered if from selco cost £313 free delivery 18 miles away total cost £313 "
- Ray Cunningham
F

Returns Process - Difficult

7.14%
Industry Average
" I called B and Q customer service and explained and they insisted it was my fault that I didn't return them back with the driver when they very well know that THEIR policy is to arrange returns. "
- Georgina
" Chose to choose click and collect to speed up my visit only to find the que for click and collect longer than the tills. As returns were located at same place. Terrible idea! "
- Mr Gary Pittaway
" I went into the store on Wednesday 21st February after waiting 45minutes in traffic to find out they couldn’t accept my returns as the systems had crashed, yet another load of time wasted. "
- Paul Elliott
E

Refunds - Difficult

39.19%
Industry Average
" I had a bathroom installed by the bq unfit,sorry homefit,the sink never emptied properly and attempts to get itk fixed failed eventually told they ate closing so much for my guarantee was told to artange my own plumber and pay him then get a refund from b q trouble I'd they don't do cash refund you have to wait for a cheque it'd the last time I deal them "
- Alan R
" We would at the very least expected a full refund for the steps and treds given they are not fit for purpose. "
- Michelle Shaw
" 100% unreliable. The retailer takes no responsibilities and this is in their T&C but in more subtle words for anything. If they are late or ANYHOW did not deliver on the promise - they DID NOT make the promise of any kind even if they took your money. The best you can end up with is a refund and a robotic "sorry". If your time is worth anything to you then don't deal with B&Q. "
- Dmitriy Lobov
C

Customer Service - Average

64.86%
Industry Average
" I went over to customer service to ask to leave a positive message for the manager regarding the great service I had received, to be told that 'Clare' was the manager!! She still deserve to be recognised for this. "
- Mary Wheeler
" Do not use delivery service as products do not turn up and u wait in all day 8 to 8 and no apologies. Shocking customer service. "
- Anonymous
" Just like to say how pleased we were with a kitchen we ordered on 8/10/18, we previously went to the Reading Gate store to look at the showroom after choosing the one we liked, we received good customer service from a girl named Nikki Cornick, she was very knowledgable about kitchens and designed it for us, after giving her the kitchen size she emailed photos of the kitchen to us on the19/9/18 and it was exactly what we were hoping to have. "
- Pete B.