B&Q Reviews

Home And Garden

Courier, Own Driver
Telephone

How would you rate B&Q ?

"The most farcical, amateurish and stressful customer experience we have ever encountered. Would advise anyone to never undertake their fitting service. There is a reason it's cheap."
"I was treated poorly by the workers. They were very patronising and rude."
"wanted the £2.50 decking boards on website kilingbeck Leeds have them so as junction one Leeds. so goes to kilingbeck first no boards have not had them for weeks none on order so goes to junction one no boards . only at £5.25 each . it on website but not in store when ask some one must have just got them ."
"Got v33 furniture paint from bnq only 6 quid at the moment best paint for brushing straight onto wardrobe doors Out there outstanding for price must buy"
"Purchased a new Kitchen and bathroom and had it installed by B & Q and its been the worst experience of my life, absolute disruption, distress and constant inconvenience - a lot of products were damaged or faulty and had to be replaced, kitchen only been fitted 4 weeks and items are not working - had a cooke and lewis cooker hood that didn't work properly - got another one brand new and this one now doesn't work. Still dont have a fully functioning bathroom after 7 weeks. B & Q seem to get everything wrong and i wouldn't recommend them to anyone."
"I ordered a fitted kitchen in mid June which was paid for in full. I was told today, mid July that they no longer offer the service to fit the kitchen. I spoke to someone in the company who advised me that B&Q making plans to remove this service a while a while ago, and that people were being redundant up to 6 weeks ago. (before I bought and paid for my kitchen). They have that promised a service which they were aware may not be facilitated, and have not honoured those customers who have already committed to them in good will. There are other companies with much more integrity. Avoid at all costs."
"Can’t place an order on the website. Technical Error for a week! Called Customer Service 4 times in 4 days for them to place the order. Same Technical Error. On the 4th call I asked to speak to someone regarding the error and the fact that I have now lost a week of my very small window for my project and got put through to Bulk Items so they could put the order through for me. Guess what? Technical Error! I have £800 of order in my basket and can’t spend it. Maybe £800 isn’t a big order in the grand scheme of things to them but this project is important to me and if anywhere else had all the items I need, I would be going elsewhere. B&Q has me over a barrel and they know it. Who takes a week to fix a Technical Error on a website?"
"Spent £6,600 on a kitchen. 6 doors never turned up and 13 handles (omen!), reappointed, no doors or handles! Another call from B&Q reappointing for next week, doors only, handles out of stock. Handles could be found. Theres 5 in my nearest store, 10 in a store 50 mins drive! Customer service gave me some rubbish about different parts of B & Q, i'm not interested in there politics. The answer to me was to pick them up! , which contradicts the earlier comment they made to me, my reply, call the 2 stores with stock and get them posted!! Wait goes on....zzz"
"I ordered a bath off B&Q website, spoke to an advisor and was assured I needed a RH bath, so this order was placed and sorted, delivered after a few days...however the bath they ordered was not what I expected of a RH bath; I sent photos in and asked for the opposite to be delivered...after a few more days the WRONG BATH was delivered again, regardless of seeing the photos they sent the same one out again! After speaking to 5 different advisors I was then advised that B&Q are opposite to everyone else and I actually need a LH bath; so they told me it would take a week to get this rectified and sent out which was just unacceptable! Most advisors were clueless! very unhelpful! Disgraced at B&Q! DO NOT RECOMMEND! STAY AWAY!"
"I visited Band Q Bamber Bridge today, staff were in short supply and I was getting frustrated. Eventually I found some help from Jane supervisor. She was very helpful as I wanted several items for my decorating project , very knowledgeable and was interested in what I was doing. Thankyou"
"Exceptional help from Avril at valspar .Washington branch is a pure asset to B&Q and goes that extra mile.and a breath of fresh air .decorating looks mint Thank you again avril...."
"ordered online a hedge trimmer, next day delivery was free, text sent hour before delivery. thought this was great. Delivery arrives no text, asked about the text, 'don't do that mate' and handed me a box with a shower, when I said ordered a hedge trimmer he simply took it back and drove off. Have emailed 3 times in 3 days no reply no hedge trimmer. Don't deal with these people. Off to trading standards."
"The service was excellent Paul in gardening was so helpful the man on checkouts Peter was very friendly well done"
John McLaughlin
Unverified Reviewer
"I purchased a large sheet of chipboard at Bishopbriggs B and Q and had spent at least 30 minutes attempting to strap the board to my roof rack but as this was my first attempt at using ratchets I was obviously having difficulty and was asked if I needed help by a guy who had just arrived for his B and Q shift. He told me that your first attempt at using these ratchets can be a problem. He used his to secure his bikes to his car. This was a very thoughtful way of making me feel I wasn't as big a numpty as I felt. Great stuff. He then showed me how to properly feed straps through ratchets and secured the wood sheet to my roof rack. Excellent service. I thanked him but he said that was what they were there for. It was a great relief to get this help. He took time out before starting his shift at about 5pm to help me. I did not get his name but he was driving a black Vauxhall 08 vectra? If you know the guy then please pass on my repeated thanks and gratitude. Deserves a bonus from b and q for going out of his way to help me as I was really stressed out. Thanks mate. John McLaughlin"
Graham Campbell
Unverified Reviewer
"Do not buy akitchen from B&Q go elsewhere, after 6 wks still waiting for parts to be delivered. Incomplete order from the start which delayed fitters carrying on fitting kitchen. The hassle phone calls visits to the store trying to get the job finished has been so stressful but nobody from B & Q gives a dam. We were told half our order had been given to someone else, then we were told it was out of stock from Customer Service. Order numbers dont match products it has been a complete disaster cant stress enough do not buy from B & Q warrington its cost us so much in telephone calls, trips to B & Q and paying for joiners time lost beause of no delivery if kitchen. You cant speak to a manager, just Customer services who are hopeless!!!!!"
"After ordering a bulk order which you state arrives the following day, I find out that my order will actually take 8 days to be delivered even though it is in stock. Very poor service after phoning 3 times to speak to someone then finding out that your order will take this long. Wish I had spent my money elsewhere which actually has a good customer service and good delivery options. POOR SERVICE!!!!"
"If I could give 0 I would. This is aimed at the HOMEFIT SERVICE! NEVER USE THEIR HOMEFIT SERVICE! UNBELIEVABLY DISGUSTING AND HORRENDOUS BEHAVIOUR BY THEIR STAFF. MY REQUESTS FOR REPAIRS HAVE NEVER BEEN LOGGED IN THEIR SYSTEM AS WELL AS THE VISIT FROM NAVAL (A MANAGER) WHO INSPECTED OUR BATHROOM AND TOOK PHOTOS. THEY PUT DOWN THE PHONE ON PURPOSE OVER 5 TIMES TO A CANCER PATIENT. THEY ARE DISGUSTING STAFF AND TAKE YOUR MONEY. WE WILL BE TAKING THIS FURTHER! ABSOLUTE DISCRIMINATION AND BREACH OF CONTRACT. DON'T EVER USE THEIR SERVICE!"
"The Staff there are exremily knowledgable and friendly, they offer reall good honest advice and take the extra time to make sure you get exactly what you need"
Mandy Harrison
Unverified Reviewer
"I was in my local branch in Grest Yarmouth, my mum who is in her 60's needed assistance in the garden centre, she asked at the customer service and a call was put out, but after 10 minutes we gave up, walked from the garden centre into the store and there were four members of staff stood chatting, when I did get near, as I thought they may have been looking for us, they all walked away, not a happy customer at all and very disappointed."
"My local branch must have staff that have the lowest moral I have come across. You ask for assistance at the customer service desk they radio for help after fully 10 mins and no help, I left. On another occasion I asked about a plumbing part from a male member of staff, the response I got was if we have anything they’ll be over there but he did not make any effort to assist. This is typical of the Cumbernauld branch"
B&Q is rated 2.12 based on 744 reviews