B&Q Reviews

27% of reviewers recommend B&Q
1 New Reviews Written
3PM
3PM

About B&Q: From DIY specialists to builders and beyond visit B&Q for all your home and garden supplies and advice on all the latest design trends. B&Q’s website has over 12,000 products that you can buy directly and over 25,000 products you can reserve to collect later. B&Q have a huge range of home and garden ,kitchens, bathrooms, bedrooms, paint, power tools, lighting and many more.

d.noble@diy.com

B&Q Customer ServicesCatesby Business ParkWhite Rose Way

Categories:
DIY & Tools
Home And Garden

Tell us how B&Q made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
Over 7 Days
Telephone, Email, Live Chat
Over a week
customer service
Returns & Refunds
Could Be Better
returns process
"Bought 6 sq meters of floor tiles. I asked for help to the car as they were very heavy. I was informed by very unhelpful cashier there was no one to help me. She said there may be a customer outside that will feel sorry for me and help!!! I went straight to customer service and got a refund. B&Q shame on you."
Are you B&Q? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"I have had 5 bathrooms supplied and fitted by B&Q over a number of years and while there have been problems they generally eventually corrected them after a lot of chasing. However the latest problem is to do with a toilet seat that failed 5 times, it’s a faulty design that takes some weeks to fail but it always does. Because the seat fitted the toilet and was matched I was worried that they would eventually stop making the seat that didn’t work and I would be left with a toilet and no matching seat. To remove my concerns the B&Q installations manager wrote to me and guaranteed that if ever I couldn’t get a replacement seat, they would provide a new toilet free of charge. Well it’s failed a sixth time and the new installations claims system is clearly designed to wear you down so you give up and go away. Today I had a reply from their so called claims assessor blatantly saying that they weren’t going to honour their promise and bombarding me with loads of “cut and paste” weasel words. So what’s a B&Q promise worth...... ZERO. Don’t buy a bathroom from them they will treat you badly since they clearly don’t understand customer care. I recall MFI going bust for the same reason."
"the customer service was amaze like wow so impreessed it was totes amaze i literally felt over the moon after i got my inflatible hot tub which i honestly use all the time i came to by a sunbed but unfortunately they dont stock them 😭😭😭😭😭😭 however still overjoyed with my purchase and i love you B & Q"
"The customer service was dreadful we asked some help from a lady about where a light bulb was, she said it was out of stock and simply walked away without even bothering to say sorry or offer to help us find an alternative. In short i will never got to B & Q again and i feel very annoyed as it used to be my favourite shop. :("
"Wow, I went in the Beckton store on Sunday to buy some brown spray paint. All the spray cans were all sprayed on, and looked a mess, how can you allow so many people to mess up the spray area, to the point not even the staff could determine which was the brown I needed. The staff member even told me to try Dunelm down the road who would more likely to to have in store (No they don't do spray paint). she would rather I try elsewhere than to check in stock. I just got a very poor feeling that day, the staff were not helpful at all. Btw The car park was a total mess where boy racers have been using their grounds to burn tyres all over the place. It was a total mess, and not a welcoming site"
"We haven't even had our delivery yet and things aren't boding well. 2 weeks to wait for a standard item. Absolutely no choice in delivery options and we will only be told the two hour time slot the night before the delivery is due so no time to rearrange meetings at work. Very unhelpful and inflexible."
"Telephoned the store at 11.20am and asked if the board cutting service was working. Informed by a member of staff that it was working. Arrived at the store at 11.50am to find that the cutting service was out of order. Printed signs had been placed at the desk explaining what the fault was. I am sceptical that this happened in the 30 mins following my phone call. Spoke with a member of staff and was told to see Kevin in the yard and he may be able to help. Got to the yard to be informed that Kevin would be back shortly. Waited 10 mins and gave up."
"Bad customer service at park head bq one member of staff extremely rude ,when asked for help to find a specific wallpaper .which was in stock but not on display."
"Wanted to post a constructive and helpful post on b and q website by reviewing a product. Would have helped other customers and helped sell the product, but there is no button I can see to post a review, even after logging in."
"I went in to store and had Valspar paint mixed. The lid must have not been attached securely as it leaked everywhere! B&Q customer services were appalling, said it was my fault for not checking the lid before I left the store!"
"Website sends u in circles to log in. Rang placed order. Chased up where it was then sent cancellations saying they couldn't supply. Then sent me an email saying I had cancelled. Rubbish customer service"
"Wouldn't recommend bq again and certainly think twice about buying electrical goods. Bought elec fire about 18 month ago fire had 1 year guarantee that was fine but fire had problem so got in touch with bq and was told after guarantee there is no aftercare to help source any parts was advised to try putting details into Google to source part very disappointed and told bq as much so watch what u buy"
"Flooring delivery arrived with lots of damage, the job needed doing ASAP so I went to a store to buy 4 extra boxes! I took photo evidence of the damages and sent this to customer services! This was after completing the job with all off cuts and damages taken away by cleaners Now b and q say I the damages are gone they will not give even a credit! I’m shock and appalled by there lack of customer satisfaction! Beware all buyers! Rubbish delivery rubbish customer service"
"CONNED !!!, i stopped using B&Q last year when they stopped the over 60's discount on wednesdays. the store was heaving with customers back then but now ?, it's almost devoid of customers. i only visited today because i heard my discount card was for gardening items only. so, i bought some bedding plants but my 10% discount did'nt apply. why ?, because they were already discounted. discounted the the general public that is. what is the point in having this card anymore ?. i've destroyed it & will NEVER visit B&Q again ever. their goods are already overpriced. online shopping for me from now on. honestly, what a way to run a business. they have the business brains of a goldfish. say hello to bankruptcy soon B&Q."
"I went in to ask for help looking for a specific textured paint and was told it wasn’t available in that make but had it in white along the back wall and she went on to serve the next customer...if you can find a person to help I find that they can be quite off hand...Not-all but quite a few..Think they need some more customer service trying...I use to work for an Airline so i do know! This is the Crawley branch..."
"They messed up the order for our bathroom. Terrible customer service. Don't recommend buying a bathroom from these guys."
"Wrote on trust pilot because it would not give me enough space to talk about the excellent service from Sylvia at the door of paisley store. Very welcoming with a huge smile.She done everything to help me,took her time ,explained about products ,walked me to my item,other stores just say three aisles across to the left,asked me if she could help with anything else, what a really pleasant shopping experience .A credit to your store I will be popping in just to buy some small thing now and again just to say hello to her.lovely lady so rare nowadays to find someone so helpful.."
"Customer service is shocking!! Ordered a kitchen, waited in all day no calls! Kitchen didn’t arrive, no explanation, still waiting to hear from them! Definitely go else where"
"I would like to recommend Phillipa (hardware section) at Watford B&Q for employee of the year!!!!! She is so helpful and knowledgable about the products and she knows where everything is in the store. She is amazing and a credit to the company."
"Your Falkirk store has just blown the competition out of the water. Was in the store on Sunday with my parents who are in the market for a new kitchen and unlike the competition the sales assistant was very helpful. As we don’t have any sizes yet because they don’t get the keys till mid May. Jenny gave us many ideas on how we can incorporate products into the kitchen her knowledge on the products she is selling is first class and has restored my faith in your company thanks"
B&Q is rated 2.14 based on 1,099 reviews