B&Q Reviews

Returns Process
Could Be Better
Read B&Q Reviews

About B&Q:

From DIY specialists to builders and beyond visit B&Q for all your home and garden supplies and advice on all the latest design trends. B&Q’s website has over 12,000 products that you can buy directly and over 25,000 products you can reserve to collect later. B&Q have a huge range of home and garden ,kitchens, bathrooms, bedrooms, paint, power tools, lighting and many more.

d.noble@diy.com

B&Q Customer ServicesCatesby Business ParkWhite Rose Way
Doncaster
DN4 8DG

Tell us how B&Q made you happy
Item never arrived, difficulty contacting customer service, problem escalated three times- nothing happened. Threatened legal proceedings- refund made after six weeks. Won’t be shopping there again!
Insisting I am in for delivery (booked the morning off work) and then not turning up, isn't acceptable. Sort your logistics out!
John on the trade counter went out of his way to help us Store BridgeHall lane Bury Lancs even though we weren’t trade customers
I am creating a garden with my youth group and as part of that we ordered a shed from B&Q. After Realising that the delivery time was too late, I rang their call centre and cancelled the order. I was told that the order was cancelled and I could expect a refund in 3 to 5 working days. A week later, the shed turned up. I spoke to the delivery driver and asked him to take it back as the order had been cancelled, which he did. I again rang the call centre and they said that the order had not been cancelled and as such I couldn’t have my money back until it had been investigated. I have now been waiting over a month for my money back, I get constant emails telling me that B&Q are ‘escalating this’ and ‘looking into it’ but still no money. The really sad thing is that this refund was to pay for the next part of our garden and as such we have not been able to continue ☹️ Buyer beware!
Ordered Gardening supplies as a bday present from B&Q, took 6 days to deliver and the main items weren’t delivered at all. I have been waiting for over 2 weeks now and have yet to receive any further communications from their customer support team. Worst experience ever, absolutely abysmal service, avoid at all cost!
Purchased a marquee online from B&Q. Item had four faults, frame buckled, stitching issues, bag weight zip fault and clips missing. Contacted B&Q services and they ask me to contact their supplier and deal with them direct, and told me there name and ask me to find there contact details online. I reminded B&Q team I purchased this item on the B&Q website and paid B&Q for this item. They would not let me return this item to their store which is in my local town. Hopefully this is a warning to others or hopefully someone in B&Q senior customer service teams reads this update and looks at this case and learns from this?
Do not use this company. New freezer turned up damaged large dent on the door after pictures and lots of emails was offered £23.00 to keep the freezer with a damaged door No thanks not worth the hassle. Will never use this guy's again they just use their name goods are from third party companies 🙄
Appalling service from B&Q I ordered a Worktop on the 6/5 but due to B&Q’s slow delivery service they only had a delivery date until the 17th. I had to take a day off work to be home for the delivery date as you don’t find out a time until the day before. B&Q delivered the wrong worktop on the day so I immediately called them about it. It’s been 6 days and I’ve still not got a phone call about my order despite being told I’d get a call by 5:30 the same day. I want to cancel my order but as I paid with a gift card they are telling me I can only get payment back on gift card……….i don’t want to ever shop at B&Q ever again. Give me my money back and I’ll shop elsewhere
Went to B&Q lakeside to get a replacement toilet seat for the teesta toilet we purchased around 6 months back due to a broken slot for the anchor point. No replacements on shelf or the stand showing the required seat not on the seat display but a display toilet model to view, I called a member of staff over he was called Simon who said don't sell separately and wasn't much help at all. I took the display seat off the display toilet and went to the tills to ask would it be possible to either order one or purchase the display seat. Whilst taking talking to the lady at the head of the till section the lady spoke in her ear peace to security as an alert was called out to the people walking round with the toilet seat as may steel. Which my wife and I laughed at. The lady I spoke with asked me to put the toilet seat back on display toilet and she would take one out of a box so I could purchase it. After putting it back on the display toilet and returning to speak with the lady Simon appeared and was taking to my wife he had stopped the lady getting the new toilet seat from out of a toilet box and said we had to talk to the toilet manufacturers to purchase direct and seemed to become hostile. I asked can I not purchase the display toilet seat he said NO gave my wife a piece of paper and said call the manufacturer, i asked to speak to a manger where he the said I AM THE MANAGER (caps for they rudeness) In a tone that wasn't appropriate which made me have anxiety to where we purchased the rake we had and left the store felling quite disturbed with how this level of customer service is appropriate at any stage and levels of anxiety where I did not want to go else where shopping and went home. All in all a terrible experience and won't be returning to this store
God awful website. Constantly have problems logging in, and on the rare accoasions that I can log in, numerous payment methods fail with the website trying to blame my connection. Shocking doesn't quite cover it
They did not. I thought I was buying online directly from B & Q. I was not aware that B & Q were acting as agents for third party suppliers. surely. this is mirepresentation ?
I needed some advice and help. Alice at B&Q Hemel Hempstead was outstanding. She spent over half an hour patiently listening to me and suggesting solutions. She sorted my problem and it is because of Alice I will use B&Q again. Fabulous customer service.
I went to the Dragonville, Durham B and Q and the most helpful man helped me named Joe He was knowledgeable and took the time to help me colour match paints and find other paint that I needed Well done Joe you are a credit to the company
Website shows cooker type cable for £10.99 per metre. In store they don't sell it by the metre. According to the rather arrogant assistant "it's over there,we don't cut it".that's the B&Q PAISLEY attitude.
Made an order on 27 Feb 2024 (its now 07 May!), 12 weeks later, still not arrived. Constant phone calls, fobbed off, 'escalated', etc etc. Getting nowhere ARGHHH!!!
Fabulous delivery service for some fencing panels we ordered. The delivery men were so helpful as we are getting elderly and lifting fence panels is not so easy as you get older.
Was looking to buy a new kitchen and Mackenzie was fabulous helping design a kitchen. He was very professional and very helpful all in all a very lovely person a real asset to the B&Q team. Another member of staff I must mention is Grant had an issue with the kitchen tiles and he sorted it for us very efficient another lovely awesome person. Definitely think B&Q at Longwell Green are super helpful and nothing too much trouble.
On a more personal note thanks to staff member Jason of the garden department Swindon, Wiltshire B&Q for garden planting advice and carrying my heavy bag of compost to my car. Service with a smile. We all need more of it.
Warning. Do NOT ever purchase a kitchen from B&Q. My kitchen was faulty within 6 weeks of receiving it, I made my first complaint then it took 2 years of emails, house visits, store visits . This made me ill with stress . The kitchen manager said the kitchen was faulty and needed replacing. The surfaces were awful The cabinets rotted and had an oil leaking from them. I was offered a replacement 3 times but this was never honoured . They have now offered me £250 !! Rude, unhelpful staff. £5000 down the drain and needing a new kitchen . How to write a useful review Give your review a title
I went to Wisbech store tried to order gazebo at customers services but one lady was to much into playing on her phone and showing others her photos and at the same time was supposed to be showing a trainee how to order .i have worked in retail for over 39 years and this woman was a embarrassment to b&q and to the young girl . I then walked out to order it myself online took me a minute to do myself! But order was booked for Thursday and never turned up ! When ringing customer services no sorry or explanation just a answer of they will rebook in the next 48 to 72 hours total lack of customer care I I could give a lesser score I would
B&Q is rated 2.2 based on 2,483 reviews