B&Q Reviews

Returns Process
Could Be Better
Read B&Q Reviews

About B&Q:

From DIY specialists to builders and beyond visit B&Q for all your home and garden supplies and advice on all the latest design trends. B&Q’s website has over 12,000 products that you can buy directly and over 25,000 products you can reserve to collect later. B&Q have a huge range of home and garden ,kitchens, bathrooms, bedrooms, paint, power tools, lighting and many more.

d.noble@diy.com

B&Q Customer ServicesCatesby Business ParkWhite Rose Way

Tell us how B&Q made you happy
B&Q 5 star review on 27th January 2018
Mark - Stoke
B&Q 1 star review on 16th January 2018
Connor fox
B&Q 1 star review on 16th January 2018
No problem returning items not needed and customer service from Andrew exemplary thank you jean
Unfortunately cannot give 0 stars! went to Carmarthen B&Q today for large bags of compost. Told by the young bloke at the door I could only have compost if I click and collect. Nobody is allowed into the garden centre for plants or compost! What idiots make up these pathetic rules? I try to grow as much food in my garden as I can, therefore my order was a necessity not a tin of urgent paint or nice fancy cushions as in some trolleys! Came home to order online to find that the 125litre bags of compost are delivery only! Two bags priced at £20 Delivery price? £30!! Last ever visit to B & Q!!
Needed a silicone scraper while fitting a new bathroom so sent my 20 year old son to get one from B&Q. They challenged his age (it has a pointy end) and he didn't have his driving licence on him so he came back. I went to B&Q myself to get the scraper and they also refused to sell to me because I could be buying a plastic scraper for a minor. How pathetic. I'm 55 with id to prove and they said it was policy not to sell to someone associated with no id, even though I explained the situation fully. The manager made me feel like a criminal for the sake of a plastic scraper. . After using B&Q for the last 30 years I can't believe a manager could be so narcissistic. I'll never use B&Q again.
Paint tin popped opened and spilled in car. I was in the car park. I went back in store and supervisor advised company policy is that once you walk through exit door it’s not there responsibility. I should have throughly checked that lid doesn’t open while in store. “The lids are closed by manufacture”. So there can be no default with lid. He didn’t even want to look at the car or the tin.
As advised, make your anything you buy from b&q is checked while in store as it it’s not shut properly it’s not there problem.
Originally another staff member did see the spillage, but the supervisor wasn’t interested.
Poor service considering how much paint I buy from them.
Also I did put a comment online about the particular issue, no response so far.
Awful online service! Ordered items not available but took money. Got a refund as they didn’t know when item would be in. Then tried to use the £20 gift card they gave me but it wouldn’t accept it so would have to pay full amount. No one has taken responsibility to fix issue, they said I could go to store or order over the phone - no just fix your website so customers get the service they want!
Do not buy Arlington grey tiles , ordered online , got different batch numbers and tiles are not true size.
Customer service just refer you to delivery store !
Absolutely rubbish !!!!!
Avoid them like the plague, their customer service is shocking. I have now been in the store over 20 times to get a resolution to shabby service. When I ordered a kitchen the oven was unavailable the hob was broken, parts were missing from units and extra end panels were included. It has cost me at least an extra £200.00 to try to rectify the problems. They repeatedly make promises to resolve the matter and never follow through.
So we ordered a kitchen and paid almost £10,000.00 cash for it on 18th November 2020 , we rec’d text messages to tell us of our delivery dates 2/2/2021 and 9/2/2021 only to get a call a few hours before delivery due to say they were out of stock on one item so I found a store that had the item in so I went to pick it up. On my way home I get a call from the Peterborough B & Q to say another item was out of stock and they hoped to have it in a week or so???? The explanation is that although they were paid in November the order is only processed the day before I feel this is a disgrace
Tried to complain through Resolver went so far now they are ignoring me. Worse customer service ever. As a self employed worker if I treated my customers like this I would soon be out of business.
Went into b&q in redditch today and I just wanted to say that the staff were all super friendly and helped me with everything that I needed. Me and my husband came out happy and said to one another what a great staff they have.
Ordered kitchen October waiting for drawer fronts after waiting in for so many delivery dates to be sitting in again waiting ime at my wits end with bq
Lovely service from Morgan Galashiels, such a helpful young man
Avoid, I've just been verbally attacked at your St Helens branch I cannot believe they way I've been treated its made me feel so depressed and there was no need to shout at me for using your toilet there was no sign whatsoever I am going to contact the local papers too, disgusting behavior and even though I love shopping in your stores this will no longer be happening and I swear I am NOT returning
29/11/20 ordered drawers
30/11/20 payment processed
5 days delivery. No contact and no delivery. Gave them another week incase the delay was due to Covid. Still no contact or delivery. I Phoned B&Q to be told there was a delivery date of 20/1/21.
20/1/21. No contact or delivery. I Phoned AGAIN to be told delivery date from 1//2/21. Order cancelled and refunded. If I hadn’t have phoned on both occasions they would have left me hanging. It felt like they got the money then didn’t want to know anymore. An email explaining the delay and cause for both delivery dates would have been nice and may have prevented me from cancelling the order. I ordered the same drawers from Furniture 123 on 20/1/21 and they have just been delivered this morning 22/1/21. Now that’s customer service.
I wouldn’t recommend shopping online for B&Q but will still shop at the store.
The duty manager was extremely rude talking very loudly making me feel like a naughty school boy, but we continued to checkout where we were greeted in silence by an elderly lady who must of had her personality removed, just issued blunt requests at my wife and I, if I could have opened my paint I would of poured it over her head. IF YOU DONT WANT TO WORK GO SICK, I WOULD LOVE YOUR JOB, THINK YOURSELF LUCKY!
I was an employee at the B&Q in Cardiff Gate and I had an awful experience. There was a lot of gossiping and lack of professionalism. After only a few days of working there, I was made aware that one of the managers named Matt was known for making inappropriate and explicit comments to females working there who were as young as 17 years old. Although this information was known and confirmed by many employees, nothing has and nothing will be done about it. The company will keep protecting Matt just because he is a manager and has the credibility over his subordinates. Writing this is the first step towards justice as it can and will reach a point where this man will be a danger to society.
Denver at The Braintree branch went over and beyond his role to help me this weekend. I had several problems trying to place a big order for the charity i work for. He checked stock and talked me throught the process. He was a real superstar. He was kind helpful and has fantastic customer service qualities. He should be recognised for what he does for customer. Thank you Denver.
I have just purchased a kitchen mixer tap from your Nursling Southampton store a young man called Nathan gave superb customer service & advice he is an absolute credit to your store. Thank you Nathan.
I had a delivery on a pallett on my drive in January even though it had to be craned between two trees. Ordered another pallett of aggregates. They refused to deliver due to two trees. When l said their last driver had no problem craning goods he apparently have no recollection of delivery. Ended getting a refund. Poor show on b&q. Your transport service is poor based on my experience
Had great advice and help from Lee Williamson ipswich store last summer -have been meaning to put a review on ever since - he really knows his stuff and was patient and very helpful as I was one of those awkward customers! Thank you.
B&Q is rated 2.18 based on 2,009 reviews