B&Q Reviews

27% of reviewers recommend B&Q
2 New Reviews Written
04AM
4AM

About B&Q: From DIY specialists to builders and beyond visit B&Q for all your home and garden supplies and advice on all the latest design trends. B&Q’s website has over 12,000 products that you can buy directly and over 25,000 products you can reserve to collect later. B&Q have a huge range of home and garden ,kitchens, bathrooms, bedrooms, paint, power tools, lighting and many more.

d.noble@diy.com

B&Q Customer ServicesCatesby Business ParkWhite Rose Way

Categories:
DIY & Tools
Home And Garden

Tell us how B&Q made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
Over a month
Telephone, Email, Live Chat
Over a week
customer service
"Not a nice place to shop, the staff can be unknowledgeable, the woodcutting servce could be much better, and their is a poor quality of items on offer."
Are you B&Q? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"My husband went to B&Q Evesham today to purchase some wallpaper but you only had 3 of the same dye shade and we needed 4. He was just about the order some when Mandy found the 4th roll with the shade dye. He’s asked me to leave a review to say how very helpful Mandy was throughout and for going the extra mile. Thank you so much Mandy you’re a star."
"Was served by Jack H in the plumbing isle was very helpful and got exactly what I needed"
"Took 3 days of work in total for delivery of a door , still never got it , cancelled order in the end , no notice or anything to say it wasn’t coming , shocking service , won’t be buying from them again."
"I have made an order in February 2018 which I have cancelled the order a few days later . I was suppose to get an instant refund atleast within 30 days. Nobody bothered I wasted my time and effort in communication. They claim it was an error made by b&q and now they are saying I have my money given back in the trade account since my balance is fully paid by me I do not see any overpayment. There was lack of communication. Every time I speak or write to someone it’s always someone knew and they don’t know my concern so I have to keep repeating back every time. But it’s going to be almost a year chasing backwards and forwards and still no refunds to this day So I decided to get this matter sorted with the ombudsman for now. Probably get legal advice and may bring this on Twitter."
"I bought some paint from here, not thinking that I would need to check that the lid was secure, once I got home and lifted the carrier bag out of my car, it had spilt in the bag and had soaked through to my passenger side footwell. Looking at the paint, there was no plastic seal (it was a plastic tub). I contacted B&Q and they basically said they aren't responsible for their products when they leave their store and if things are damaged in transportation then that's the customer's fault.....even when they sell faulty products. I won't be buying from any B&Q store ever again and to be honest, you can get most things cheaper elsewhere, you just might need to go to several different stores."
"a waste fitting dont sell sell them went down the isle and there it was, a total joke will not be using them again,"
"We ordered laminate in 2015. The delivery service was awful. Aprox 5 deliveries arranged and no one showed up. Eventually we cancelled our order and the items turned up a few days later, which we refused delivery on as our money was being refunded....was... Fitters had to be cancelled, losing our deposit. The refund was held by BnQ as they still had one hand on our money (banks explaination) which meant we couldnt buy elsewhere and rebook fitters. Eventually we went in to store, and the store managed to get the payment released (about 2 weeks in) I left a review on their website but "We have read your review and value your contribution even though it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks for sharing, and we hope to publish next time!" The flooring has a 20 year guarantee, but the reciept texts have all but vanished. The coating on the flooring is that thin, that despite it being for a high use area, it has worn away and even though we only damp mop (and this is suitable for wet areas) the corners and edges are rising."
"Dear, Jonathan Lowe (Wisbech B&Q), I and my partner have been very impressed and grateful for the advice and help you have given in kitchen design and the patience in exploring our needs and wants, your eye for detail has been invaluable!!! Many thanks indeed, we never gotten anywhere like we gotta from you in B&Q. 5 stars services you made for us!!!! Best wishes Jonathan Lowe, you are really professional person, we are recommending you for everyone! He knows how to safe the money and do what you really dreaming! Mindaugas and Zivile"
"Spoke to Martin today from Newtownabbey store, Martin gave a great customer service and located the items I wanted. My thanks to Martin again for his excellent customer service."
"The customer service is a joke. When you buy something and pay for a delivery, you expect to get it at your door. Well, not at B&Q. I live in a buiding where there are hundreds of flats and a Concierge to receive deliveries on my behalf. However, B&Q managed to delivery at another street to a flat in another building! Isn't amazing? They haven't called me before doing that. I can't find anyone at the address they provided, so I am not even sure if they provided the right address for collection. And now, when I call them, they are not able to provide a satisfactory solution and keep telling me it's just around the corner! Otherwise I will need to collect "a few" more days to get something that was supposed to be delivered the next day. I asked for a refund, they said it could only be done it they succeed to collect the item they delivered. It's unbelievable! I am never buying from B&Q again!"
"I bought somthing from them and return the items few minute after and waiting for my money more than ONE MOUNTH to recive and still waiting. I was write every day to explain me someone where is my money. No concrete answer. I'm totally disappointed."
"Been a customer of this company for years queens drive Nottingham Went yesterday to pick up 2 items as it was pensioner discount day (I thought) 1 item out of stock due to reorganisation and one only available on line approx value £80 Bought cheap highly discounted paint for £8 only Was told at checkout that Wednesday discount day now not available only for garden?.. No reason to spend my money there now will go to other stores Out of stock on popular products and sizes has been a problem for years Bye bye b&q not my first choice now"
"Stafford store today ALL VERY HELPFUL must mention James on the shop floor and Dan on tradepoint counter went over and above thanks everyone."
"Placed an order online for slabs plus sand and cement, told me online that delivery will be made within 3 days, job was booked in then was told the slabs will be seven days and there's nothing they can do, fuming, lost the job and a weeks money. Won't make that mistake again"
"I went to Bexhill store today and was very impressed by the help I got from one of the members of your staff called Tim. He was friendly and very helpful. The person at the cash till was also helpful in advising me I could give feedback online."
"I recently had a kitchen fitted, firstly they changed the delivery date which in itself was not a problem, just inconvenient, as they got rid of the original surveyor, so my fitting was delayed. The new surveyor was more interested in getting me to pay him for stuff on the side rather than it all being on the contract price. From there on in, everything went wrong, I spent more time dealing with the problems and running back to store to get this and that etc., how many weekends I spend just having to stay at home for another delivery is incalcualbe. Then the fitters put my hob on wonky and the cooker hood was also wonky and the tiles well, the tiles were fitted two up all the way round, except above the hob, which he put 6 up and then a gap at the top, it all looked ridiculous, the trim was sticking out on the tiles as they were not the same height. When I complained I was told that he was an excellent fitter and they had no other complaints. The fitter said it was because my wall was wonky, and if I had let him do the additional work that would not have happened. I eventually told B & Q that it was not good enough and they offered me some money back, as they said the project was closed, I refused and they sent another fitter who fixed the incomplete work. However the larder door, which there was no frame work for is now coming off, the skirting board fittings are broken and several other little things. Although they say that there is a 10 year guarantee, you cannot ring thourgh and get someone to fix it, you have to complete a form and supply picutres etc, which you need pdf editing to do is difficult. I would suggest you do not go to B & Q unless you are desparate, considering the amount of money they charge. I think the staff at B & Q are very helpful and they did attempt to sort out all the problems, however they system with outside contractors appears to be faulty, as they do no checks on them whatsoever as far as I can see."
"We travelled to three different stores to find some scotia trim. Before we reached the next store we rang each store in advance to check if stock was available as online it said it was and then we get to the store and nothing was there even when a member of staff confirmed there was so a wasted hour n a half of our time looking for stock staying it was available in store when it wernt. You need to re check your stock and update your website"
"Bathroom - the dreaded Homefit! Project Management is practically non existent. Its difficult to get anyone to respond, call back, reply to emails. Installers didn't always turn up when they said they would. It took forever to agree a start date and then they didn't even start on the planned day! Installers would say one thing to me and another to B&Q and vice versa. Items were missing from the delivery and had to be chased up. The toilet was faulty and had to be replaced. The second toilet is also faulty but workable. They were so useless at acknowledging this and then getting a replacement part that I ended up telling them to forget it, as I can probably fix it myself, and I don't really want anything more to do with them. The only good thing about the experience was the design and sales part which filled me with a false sense of hope. The whole of the rest of the experience was rubbish! Never again!"
"Went to b&q at Durham on Wednesday could not get all the wood need so had to go to Stockton.Went on a Wednesday hoping to get the discount when paying was told from September last year only discount now was on gardening ,pensioners do other things beside gardening disappointed if I had known would have gone somewhere else in Durham.The 2 stars given are for the 2 young men on the cutting machine who were very nice"
B&Q is rated 2.14 based on 976 reviews