B&Q Reviews

B&Q Customer ServicesCatesby Business ParkWhite Rose Way

Categories:
DIY & Tools
Home And Garden

Tell us how B&Q made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
Over 7 Days
Telephone, Email, Live Chat
Over a week
"I received very good customer service from a staff member called Tiernin at Friern Barnet B and Q in the retail park. Very helpful, polite and cheerful young man. Credit where it is due. Thank you."
Are you B&Q? Reply to this positive review and show your potential customers that you care about the feedback B&Q receives. Reply Free
"Nightmare just trying to purchase additional it kitchen units. No longer able to pick up from the shelf. A member of staff has to process the order then another has to pick it for you. Still waiting after 35 minutes for 3 boxes. Rubbish. MFI adopted this system before they went out of business."
"Bought some one coat gloss and started painting with it, after 2 days doing landing stairs and hall way thought great job, until it dried patchy painted again still dried patchy next time will be dulux"
"My Husband rang for some prices (Exeter) , told go on line everything is on there , well dear Sir not everyone has internet , especially when you are age 77 , so ignorant and unhelpful , horrible man"
"I've spent so much money in this store (Gants Hill Branch) and other stores to find that they would not exchange 2 items for me even when I have spend more than £500 just on light swiches and sockets. I'll be spending my money elsewhere. Very unhelpful staff. I'm sure your business won't be lasting long either and I'll see another B&Q shut down..."
"Avoid like the plague, tbh I do not know where to start. Problems from the day we ordered back in Feb 2016. We have had poor communication, incorrect installation and shoddy workmanship. We received damaged items on delivery, numerous leaks which has caused damage to flooring and decorating in rooms below. We are now on our 3rd shower cubicle in 2.5 years due to incorrect installation and poor workmanship. I am fed up and wish I had never ordered from B&Q."
"I went to purchase an item from the Stirling B&Q today. Had my 17yr old son & his girlfriend with me. We were in the store for all of 5 mins looking at some lights we were considering buying when one of the workers approached my son very ubruptly and stared at him for an awkward length of time before asking in an unfriendly & rude manner if he could help him?!! My son replied no. The worker stood there and continued to stare at my son which made us both feel uncomfortable & weird. I wish now I had asked the man (Mark) if there was a problem?!! But...we walked away (thinking he was a very strange man) to look for what we came for, only to find that we were being followed by Mark & several other staff. This felt very intimidating. There were then radio messages (which I could hear through the workers earpiece, yes...they were that close to us!) & talk between the staff about someone stealing. At this point it was very obvious that they thought it was us! The only reason that I can think of for this is that my son had his camera (which he takes everywhere to film clips for his YouTube channel), his phone & wallet in his pockets which made them look a bit bulky. Surely this is no reason to assume someone is stealing? I heard through the talk that footage was being checked, if this was correct they would have seen us entering the store & my son's "bulky pockets!" My son's girlfriend had picked up afew items to buy but put them back so we could leave as we all felt very uncomfortable & embarrassed as it was not only obvious to us that they had targeted us but also to the other customers! When we were leaving the store all eyes were on us, everyone we passed scanning our bodies/ pockets for stolen goods. When we reached the car my son noticed that a group of staff had gathered at the exit door to watch us getting into our car. So, we went back to speak to them when all but 1 scampered away! We asked if there was a problem? We were told no but were not given any explanation or apology. My son offered to show the man what was in his pockets but the man declined. We left to go purchase what we needed in a different store. During this I felt myself being paranoid incase the workers in this store thought we might be stealing too! At this point I thought that it isn't right that we have been made to feel the way we were. We all felt as if we had done something wrong, it really put us all in a low mood. I decided to go back to the store to speak to the duty manager to give some feedback. I explained the embarrassment & that I felt the situation could have been dealt with alot better. I would have felt better if someone had approached us and asked us straight out to empty our pockets! I told the manager that if someone in the store was stealing his staff done nothing to prevent it. They spoke out loud & let everyone know someone in the store was stealing, followed us (the wrong people) around instead of the person who was actually stealing & then let us walk out the door & go to the car (thinking we had stolen goods) without stopping us! The manager was ok & half heartedly apologised on behalf of B&Q but continued to play the situation down and tried to make out that this wasn't the case & that we seen so many staff around because it was a shift change. Then started to ramble about irrelevant nonsense that was nothing to do with my complaint. This makes me angry because I was treated like I am stupid which im not! Man up & own your mistake! Anyway, I corrected him by telling him we were being followed & watched very openly & obviously & that it was embarrassing & had an effect on us. I suggested that there may be better ways to deal with a situation like this. It was awful, I still feel awful. It's terrible that going into a shop for something can change your whole day & make you feel paranoid to go into another store. Hopefully B&Q can learn from this & the staff can be properly trained on how to deal with situations. I won't be back in the Stirling B&Q. The staff...including the manager are in inadequate! Absolutely ridiculous!"
"Not sure what the point is having valspar paint mixing when you can’t even buy it due to not being able to get hold of the required mixing paint. Over a week now and still not available. Silverlink B&Q"
"I bought a large picture frame and the glass broke accidentally as I was trying to fastens the frame back with the clips, went back to Boston branch where I bought it and I was ready to argue as I had thrown away my receipt I thought that would be a problem but as I just bought it only a few days ago I thought they could some how trace my purchase, also I had already stuck my pictures on the board so I took the whole thing to the store. I came across this very helpful young man who went out of his way to help, not only was willing to replace the frame but in the store put the glass of the new frame and put it safely all back together again for me and wrapped it up so I could travel safely with it. Thank you Luke you are a star! Thank you B&Q Boston and hope Luke gets a good Christmas Lunch!"
"Do not buy a kitchen from B&Q. Nightmare! Spent £3000, kitchen delivered in drips and drabs over the last 4 weeks , still awaiting 3 worktops! wrong units sent, units missing, wrong handles, wrong size doors, hinges you name it! Everything that could of gone wrong has gone wrong! Spent everyday for a week after the delivery of kitchen,, going into the store to rectify issues with experts ! ? Hah !? Store Manager has not bothered replying to my email! No apology from store manager either!! I coukd go on, very bad experience ! Very stressful. If we would of known what we were getting into we would never had bought a kitchen from B&Q! B&Q IT ??Honestly Don't do it !!"
"Buyer beware if you have a TRADE account. If you have issue with your purchases you loose a lot of rights. My husband purchase some wooded steps and treds using his trade account. These were use as part of what cost us a £5K project on our staircase. Looked amazing once it was finished , all finished with molded skirting fully tiled wall and lighting . The 6 month after the stairs start to crack. We approached B and Q who keep passing us from pillar to post noone wanted to help,because it was not possible to just bring the faulty tread back into store without removing the whole of the stairs damaging the skirting and tiles. After over 15 visit to the Corton wood store someone came out to look at it and agreed it is faulty (not fit for purpose). We cannot afford the cost to take it up and replace it and have been told if we had not used our trade card B& Q would have stood the cost, but now all we have been offered is new board to replace the faulty ones. We would at the very least expected a full refund for the steps and treds given they are not fit for purpose. But no we can only get that if we remove them so basically they have us over a barrel. We cannot afford to refit them and they won't refund the faulty items. There customer service through out the complaint has been shocking with us having to chase progression. DISGRACEFUL B@Q. Gosh imagine if your builder and buy trade items not fit for purpose that look good to start with but then deteriorate you have no rights. SO TRADE people please be careful"
"went to buy a replacement shower head and pipe. Being a "mere woman" lol, I took the old ones with me to compare. I wasn't sure if they came in different width sizes etc so not sure if all would fit. I was looking for a member of staff to help, there was just one lady leaning against a display near the tills and I asked her for some help. she looked a bit disgruntled to be approached to be honest. I asked if the shower pipe comes in different sizes .." haven't a clue" was her answer, and pointed me to the aisle with the shower fittings. I told her that I had already looked and I needed some help. She then got on the telephone at the till and she spoke to someone and again she asked me what it was that I wanted to replace,,,i told her the hose and shower head were broken and I wanted to replace it ( held the broken one for her to see) and that I needed some help; I didn't know if they came separate or not and didn't know if they had different sizes? She said she would get someone to see me, I waited quite a while before another assistant came over and took me to the fittings and explained that they are all one size , just a difference in length..to be fair the second assistant was very useful, shame about the first lady...NOT GOOD Customer Services"
"I bought 2 tins of B&Q own brand 'one coat paint' it said the colour was 'Oxygen' the colour in the tin did NOT match the label so I ended up with a Baby Blue living room door that I've had to rub down and repaint."
"Attitude of staff at the Bamber Bridge store is pretty appalling. Took a recalled item back today the lady on the counter was saying it wasn’t on her recall list she didn’t know anything about it, her attitude was almost accusing us of making it up. Fortunately we had the email proof. She obviously wasn’t feeling well either and proceeded to tell us that as customers come in with all sorts of bugs she was quite happy to pass it on to us! Not very professional at all."
"This review is for the kitchen fitters Les & Craig in Nottingham. We were very impressed with their skill & workmanship. They worked very hard & did a brilliant job of our new kitchen. Nothing was too much trouble. Thank you so much guys."
"DO NOT BUY A B&Q KITCHEN WITH INSTALLATION, its appauling!! Tiles not laid on the floor correctly, leaking dishwasher, water on the floor leaked under the tiles, they trued to replace the damaged tiles but damaged other surrounding tiles trying to replace them. 10 re visits to replace or re fit faulty fitted doors etc, sometimes they turn up sometimes they dont, customer services shocking. We are now on 11th re visit, but guess what, customer services cancelled the visit, but never told us AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! Keep your hard earned cash and go to Wicks or ANYWHERE else, just dont use B&Q!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Complaint now with Furniture Ombudsman. If I could score 0 stars I would have."
"A big thank you to Alison working in the paint department in Coseley. Very good customer service. 👍🏻"
"I'm having an awful experience with B&Q about a B&Q Homefit Kitchen and Bathroom installation. After over a year, and having to use an Ombudsman, they are now being forced to re-attempt to complete the outstand work from the initial installation that was incorrectly performed, or not to a professional standard (This involves replacement of a lot of the bathroom, and replacement of the kitchen worktops and re-alignment of units). The Furniture Ombudsman although slow was very helpful in resolving this part of my complaint, and addressing some other parts such as delays, and poor management. The second part was over the miss-selling of the projects, with regards the services provided by B&Q and their 5-year guarantee. This paper work was not made available before the installation was “completed”, naively I trusted what I was told at point of sale. When delivered it turned out to be just a Tradesmanship guarantee instead of a much more comprehensive guarantee I was expecting, ‘Tradesmanship’ was not mentioned once at point of sale. I've been bounced between various departments, with no one prepared to make an official response to me regarding rejecting the guarantee they provide after the installation was initially "completed". The purchase was also payed for up-front, giving me no leverage for withholding payment. The Homefit team also has some rude and overly assertive or defensive members, that don’t have a helpful attitude when talking to them on the phone."
"This Review is for the gardening manager Will at Swansea Morfa. Will kindly donated a Christmas tree and decorations to a St Joseph's RC school, Clydach. We can now use the usual tree funds for our toilets rebuild fundraiser. Every penny counts in our £30,000 fundraiser. Thank you from myself, staff and children of St Joseph's"
"Omg this is the worst place to buy one of the most expensive things in your home do not do it ! There systems will allow you to place and pay for your kitchen in store even though they are not in stock and have also been discontinued, so you will be halfway through your fitting then will not be able to finish it!!!"
B&Q is rated 2.14 based on 876 reviews