B&Q Reviews

returns process
Could Be Better
Read B&Q Reviews

About B&Q:

From DIY specialists to builders and beyond visit B&Q for all your home and garden supplies and advice on all the latest design trends. B&Q’s website has over 12,000 products that you can buy directly and over 25,000 products you can reserve to collect later. B&Q have a huge range of home and garden ,kitchens, bathrooms, bedrooms, paint, power tools, lighting and many more.

d.noble@diy.com

B&Q Customer ServicesCatesby Business ParkWhite Rose Way

Tell us how B&Q made you happy
Devizes branch. Hannah was so very helpful and patient last evening, mixing and remixing Valspar paint to find a match and then carrying the tins to the checkout and to my car. Thank you Hannah.
My sister and I went to B &Q in Sutton, London branch today and I am very pleased to say we met a very helpful, pleasant gentleman called Gerald in the paint mixing section. He was very kind, knowledgeable had excellent customer service skills. I got paint for my new kitchen which I am very happy with. The other staff were also very helpful. I would recommend this branch of B and Q to everyone.
Charlie in the B&Q in Milton Keynes is the man to go to if you need any item in store....his knowledge is unrivalled! He is the absolute professional and gentleman... I will be writing to B&Q headquarters For the wonderful customer service That was received from this gentleman l.
B and q Newmarket road Cambridge would like to say Jason in customer service was fantastic he was helpful took time to facilitate our requirements as we were two ladies scratching our heads he was always smiling even though we must have frustrated him he went the extra mile in customer service
Purchased a Fire Angel ST-620 Smoke Detector with 10 year battery from B&Q Bolton in May 2017. Battery failed last night. So much for 10 year life! B&Q refused to replace without a receipt. Who keeps receipts for over 2 years? Couldn't bring myself to buy replacement from B&Q Bolton however have ordered one from Amazon, delivered tomorrow, cheaper and will have proof of purchase forever. Result! Why does anyone buy from retail shops nowadays?
Just visited the paint section. The tall blond lady was extremely short with me! Before I even finished asking the first question she said no we dont have it. Then a gentleman beside her pointed out the possible place in the shop where I could find the product. She showed me to the shelf but just after said no we dont have it. I then opened the B&Q online page and showed her the actual product and then she just said oh this is beside the spray paints. I still couldn't find it so now I am leaving the store without the product and frustrated. Not gonna be coming back!!! I was also here every week before this incident. I am a manager myself and know a little bit of how the customer service should look like.
I would not recommend anyone to buy a kitchen as i have had nothing but problems ie items coming damaged 3 sheets of copper back board damaged buy courier you are not aloud to check items upon arrival you have got to take packaging in. i also had end panels damaged. How are tradesmen supposed to get on with their work when they have to wait days for items to arrive. When they arrive they are damaged again. B & Q should employ people who are careful with their products when delivering.
Ange at Colchester gave great information and was a pleasure to deal with. Excellent
Yeovil ‘s Eric was most helpful with solution to a minor query,saved me time and money. Thanks
I was assisted by a guy called Kai. I wanted to get a bolt for a door knob. He was extremely helpful. Didnt know there's so much to know about bolts.
Just visited B&Q at Gravesend admittedly it wasn’t busy because it was the last 15 minutes before they closed but the help and service I received was more than 10 out of 10 I think the guy was called Liam help me load my trolley wanted to pull it to the checkouts as it was heavy and even offered to load it into my van then the two ladies at the checkout really friendly and helpful to it’s not my local branch as I live next door to the Lakeside one in Thurrock never had a problem with Thurrock anyway but Gravesend went Will be on the customer service thanks again
I waisted a mornings work and a morning of my life plus waisted a gallon of fuel on B&q i am fumming . I contacted B&Q this morning via mobile and asked how much their loft insulation was and the chap on the phone said they had an offer on 3 rolls of loft insulation for £16.50 so i took a morning off work to collect as many rolls as i could fit in me car.when i got their we managed to get 9 rolls in my car and when i went to pay the 3 times £16.50 the man on the till said it would be around £148 when i told him no it should have been around £48 total 3 rolls for £16.50 when the manager came over he said know they are £16.50 each , when i explained i have been told the wrong information, travelled from Bridgwater to Glastonbury plus what with my fuel and time from work i said to the manager he should honer what i was told he said sorry i can not do that and i had to take the 9 rolls oit of my car. B&Q waisted my time and fuel on giving faulse information over the phone. When i contacted the custmers services the lady said not in so many words it was my fault as it was advertised on their web site.when i told her not everyone has a computer she replied well it does say on the signes in the store trying to blaim me and passing the buck when it was trully the store workers error for not explaining or lack of knowlage on the store products. I did give the store manager at Glastonbury B&Q to honer the transaction but he refused point blank. So i am out of pocket and list money due to B&Q staff not doing their job properly. I am fumming and thinking of going to trade and standards and taking possible advice on getting compansation from Glastonbury B&q. I was treat like an idiot by customers services.
I visited the Warrington Store last week at Winwick. Was looking for advice on internal door purchase. A gentleman called Ed on hardware came to help me. He was so helpful,knew all about the products and offered really useful advice. Ed then went on to order my doors etc, saving me what would have been a very stressful hour at home on my computer. Fantastic service going above and beyond to make sure I was happy before I left. Thank you Ed
bought 16 unit kitchen, delivery came as agreed. for some reason got extra stuff that I didn't order. took it back and got £1k refund. ordered 3 new kitchen units coz changed my mind,every unit and doors came damaged! twice! so now have to take everything back for 3rd time. phone customer service and only got,, sorry,, try again, better luck next time. cant finish my kitchen because B&Q cant deliver good service.
Served today at Shrewsbury store by Hayley. She is always friendly and efficient, a pleasure to deal with.
Went to York site (Hull Road). Very knowledgeable lady called Sammi helped us to design our new Kitchen. No question was a problem for her. Well done Sammi
We went to B&Q in Bury St Edmunds to buy some laminate flooring. We received advice from a very helpful and knowledgeable assistant called Paul Who who was able to advise us on waterproof flooring which we were looking for. We decided to go for vinyl click flooring and avoided buying something which would not have suited us. He was very helpful and and knew his stuff regarding flooring. We would definitely recommend the store and him!
We shopped at your Greenwich branch and found the service appalling. There were a good number of staff around, they each fobbed us onto the next person when we asked for help. Their product knowledge was generally very poor. This clearly is a management issue as it is not the first B&Q we have found this to be the case. Please train your staff so that they can have pride in their work and make it a happy customer experience.
I bought a kitchen from B&Q....had a few items to return and one item that was incomplete & needed to be exchanged. In every instance the customer services team were excellent - things got delivered, collected & exchanged without a problem, they couldn't have been more helpful. I have been very impressed with the service throughout. Thank you to the customer service team @ B&Q.. I will be recommending you in the future.
A young lady called Shaz was so helpful in finding products that I needed today at the Ashton under Lyne branch. I would like to commend her to you, for her customer focused approach. Thank you Shaz
B&Q is rated 2.25 based on 1,475 reviews