B&Q Reviews

Review and raise up to £2.00
Muireann

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about B&Q in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Newry store. Ordered a kitchen. Paid for it in full. Didn't arrive on given date, arrived a week after. Bits missing. Back and forth to store and very unhelpful man. He said it is costing them to deliver? We paid for delivery abd surely, all the parts should have been checked properly? Phonecalls were a waist of time as never returned....worktop in utility is too small, no over lap for units. Absolutely disgusted with how rude the man was... Two months later, we are still waiting on a larder pull out, doors etc.... Customer service is a joke. I will never buy another product from b and q. Would rather have given zero rating!"
"Item available online but the website wouldn't allow me to buy. Called them and they had the item in stock but wouldn't hold it until the morning or allow me to pay over the phone. Spoke with various members of staff and no one was able to help. Surely there should be something in place to allow you to purchase available items when the websites down? Not great customer service!! Lost a customer here. :("
Mrs Patricia .B. Hatton
Unverified Reviewer
"We brought lovely tap for kitchen sink took it home tried to fix together couldn,t do it .Back to B&Q to get help.bumpt in to Felix of the Watford Store. Knowing what a nice and helpful man he is l explained our predicament. Felix our Knight in shining Armour fixed our problem and left us feeling so happy. This man Felix is such an Asset to B & Qs."
"We ordered a kitchen early January and paid in full and were told the installation would be complete within 1 week. We were given a date for fitting of 9th April and the "meet and greet" team visited in advance. We had a call in March to say that due to double booking we would have a different fitter who would contact us to arrange another meet and greet. The day he arranged to visit he did not turn up We contacted the office who said he had forgot. They later rang to say he had been called away on a family problem and could not fit the kitchen on the 9th April. We were offered a new date on June 18th, 6 months after paying for it!!! We were offered a good will gesture payment of £321 available in 28 days which today we are told is stuck in your system 6 weeks later.. We were also told too allow for 15 days to fit, not the 1 week quoted. Quite honestly this is dreadful for a company the size of B&Q. DO NOT BUY A KITCHEN FROM B&Q !!!"
"I recently bought flooring and tiles from B & Q which was proved to be a very good buy as it all worked very well and when I found I had bought too much they refunded for the returned goods immediately."
"had full bathroom fitted last month can honestly say the job went fantastic no problems whatsoever fitters were very nice and helpful and completion was a little over but that was our doing am so so pleased would deal with them again. and the price was the cheapest quoted. (Lincoln)"
"Ordered a full kitchen and been messed about with the order. Everything arrived by piece meal, some items were damaged and needed returning, some items were missing and still waiting for worktops some 3 weeks later. Absolutely appalling service. Sat in store for 2.5 hours trying to resolve matters and still no further on"
"B&Q lincoln, the worst understocked store in the country. The manager This store is most probably the most incompetent manager alive,no matter what I was looking for it was not in stock.Alex"
"Absolutely shocking no wonder I don't go to b and q anymore. Ordered willow trellis on line and due to pick up one hour later. Got a telephone call not to collect as they haven't got it in stock. But I would receive an email saying it was ready to collect. I asked them to see if they could locate some in the north east. They rang back saying they couldn't find any, I would get a text saying I collected it. Not happy. I haven't collected it so why lie, and I have to wait 5 days. Forca refund.Shocking service, definitely lost faith in b and q"
"Bought something online with collection in store. They took the money from my account and they confirmed that the product is waiting for me in that specific store( Barnet - New Southgate, London). When I arrive there this is the actually never had this product and they offer me the same thing(diferent brand) but with the price more than four times higher and they said that's the best thing that they can do. When I complained to customer service they reply to me by telling me that's nothing that they can do, store managers take the decisions. Basically the past me one for me another until I give up. And they actually send me an email saying that they give me a full refund because I choose to cancel my order. Is not just that I wasted my time and money but the way how store manager and customer service people treat it me"
"AVOID B&Q KITCHENS IF YOU DON’T WANT TO BE REPLACING YOUR KITCHEN AND HOUSE FURNITURE AFTER A YEAR!!! We’ve bought B&Q kitchen and installation through B&Q 2 years ago and 1 year after the installation kitchen started falling apart. When we purchased the kitchen and equipment B&Q guaranteed the kitchen for 2 years. When we contacted B&Q they said that we the guarantee doesn’t cover most things! They said that they will come to fix some things as a goodwill gesture. They send one of the employees to fix a few things (not all of them) during the working hours so we let him in and left in our flat. When we came back our wooden dining table was dusty, fluff was hanging from it and it had huge, long scratches and deep cuts all over it. We found extremely disrespectful than their employees allowing themselves to treat someone’s house and personal belongings like this. It was obvious that our expensive dining table was being used as a tool bench!!! When we contacted B&Q and send the images as a proof they said that we have no evidence against them and implied that we are lying. And of course, there was no apology! Now we are left with £350 worth in damages + the kitchen which is falling apart for which we paid £6,000."
"i wish Amazon gets into hardware so we dont have to put up with this appalling customer services. the worst company ever"
Robert
"Helpful and hassle free shopping like confused .com"
"Shocking again at the Wigan store. No-one available to serve me despite a near 20 minute wait... walked out with NO GOODS. Not happy one bit. Useless staff that simply cant be bothered..... Zero stars should be available."
"Have had to return shower kit (return order num 4000387052) , collection happened from second attempt, item was delivered to store, haven't seen money back since then , almost a month passed . You can reach customer service after 20 minutes holding the line, nobody calling back, even when promised, not responding emails, rejecting to send email confirmations."
"!!!STOP DO NOT BUY!!! Before you buy I highly recommend you check Trust pilot reviews Disgusting service, left us a family of four without a kitchen for 7 days after having our money for a month, took another 4 days to get refund, customer service rubbish, offered a £50 gift voucher for our troubles, not even a fraction of what its cost us in putting off tradesmen and having to eat out."
"I was in b&q and yesterday looking for paint I walked up and down the aisles looking for a salesperson spoke to guy who was sorting tiles he said go to customer service they will help you I went to customer services to be told at the desk go back to paint aisle and find someone then she said we are to busy here I went back to paint aisle nobody about I give up after 20 min left with nothing absolutely disgusting servive"
"Christopher helped me in gardening,couldn't have been more diligent at B&Q forge parkhead"
Mr Gary Pittaway
"Chose to choose click and collect to speed up my visit only to find the que for click and collect longer than the tills. As returns were located at same place. Terrible idea!"
"excellent customer service"