B&Q Reviews

29% of reviewers recommend B&Q
1 New Reviews Written
11PM
11PM

About B&Q: From DIY specialists to builders and beyond visit B&Q for all your home and garden supplies and advice on all the latest design trends. B&Q’s website has over 12,000 products that you can buy directly and over 25,000 products you can reserve to collect later. B&Q have a huge range of home and garden ,kitchens, bathrooms, bedrooms, paint, power tools, lighting and many more.

d.noble@diy.com

B&Q Customer ServicesCatesby Business ParkWhite Rose Way

Categories:
DIY & Tools
Home And Garden

Tell us how B&Q made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
refunds process
Difficult
returns process
Could Be Better
"Followed around like a common criminal, I could actually see them following me and I could hear them talking about me on the radios. Disgusting"
Posted 40 minutes ago
Are you B&Q? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Rude arrogant,very ignorant and derogatory staff! Asked whether they sold a certain item and was told "see all these pictures dotted around? Well that's all we sell!" They are not trained to a good standard and usually say they don't know if asked evenue an easy question!! Pathetic and the stores have gone well down..."
"I was looking for a very popular product which was out of stock and after dealing with 2 other members of staff I was presented with Leighton Evans (Morfa Store) who not only found the product in another store but ensured that it was available for collection the next day. He understood the importance of the task and went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that I got what I wanted. I commend you Leighton and hope that others can provide such perfect customer service at some point in the future."
"Just been to B&Q at glasshoughton to complain about kitchen tap with a 5 year warranty only to be told not all of the tap is covered by warranty by a jumped up jobsworth. Keep away from kitchen taps at B&Q, no guarantees exist according to bully boy behind counter"
"Utterly disgraceful treatment. I placed an order for wood on 11/9/19, to be delivered on 13/9/19. I was served by a gentleman called Kuly, I believe. I would happily give him 5 stars. He was professional and helpful. On the 12/9/19 I received a text to say that the delivery will be between 13:30-15:30 and to contact the purchasing store if there were any issues. I called the store and said that I could make it before 13:00 or after 14:15. A lady by the name of Karen, said she would leave a note the system for the driver. Today (13/9/19), I called the store at 15:00 and I was put through to timber. The phone rang for almost 7 minutes with no answer. I called again at 15:35 and I was told I missed delivery. The driver went round at 13:40 (note, not the appointed time) and took pictures of the shutters that were down, then left. I did receive a call at 13.09 and 13:34 from a mobile number, at a time I couldn't answer. The duty manager (Elisabeth) was of no help whatsoever. She made the whole thing into a my word against that of the driver thing. In addition, she said that the driver wouldn't receive the message left on the system, because it is an external company that does the deliveries. This renders useless, the message I received asking to call the purchasing store, if there were any issues. To add insult to injury, she offered for me to come and collect, the bulk delivery. I haven't got a means of transport to collect that amount of wood. Now because of this I have a four day delay, because the next delivery won't be till 17/9/19. This treatment is way short of basic customer service."
"After having a new porch in grey last month I needed some paint the same colour to paint my garage door. Went to B&Q Burton with a photo on my I-pad to get the colour matched, there a helpful young man called Luke told me he could not match my paint by photo and I needed the ral code from the company who supplied my porch. One week later I went to the Cannock branch as it’s closer with my code in hand, unfortunately the staff there seemed to have no idea what I was after and the code meant nothing to them. Ok only one thing for it I went back to Burton were another young man was behind the counter after explaining to him that I had the ral number and I needed a litre of paint, again he looked at me not understanding what I was on about. I was starting to lose hope when I spotted Luke who was the one who started my expedition a week earlier, we called Luke over who remembered me from my first visit. 2 minutes later Luke had explained to his colleague all about the ral numbers and the paint was mixed. Fantastic Now this seems like a double edged review on one hand a few of b&q staff could not help even though they were very pleasant. On the other hand a big thank you to Luke from Burton who was very helpful and knowledgable, maybe a bit more training would help the others."
"No staff on shop floor to answer simple questions about wall fittings. Girl at ‘customer service’ listened to my questions. Then told me “everything you just said went right over my head”. A credit to you B&Q! Only staff member that she thought could help wasn’t answering phone. I’d love to say I won’t be shopping here again but given that all of the independent retailers have gone out of business I’m hoping for an improved service next time."
"We would like to say how impressed we were with Hayden at the Torquay branch. He was extremely professional; friendly & patient. A credit to the Company."
"1) Asked for advice. Not enough staff. 2) brought product then told by check out i needed to take it back get another one cos till couldnt read it (5min walk back to builders bit) 3) needed to ask question about buyin more......no answer on phone Shocking customer service will be using others from now on"
"Purchased Dulux gloss just over a year ago. 3 tins, over £100. They were like water. B&q said over a year ago, nothing we can do. Dulux have taken reference number from one tin, they said paint has a limited shelf life. It was made 5 YEARS AGO!!!!!!! Trip to weights and measure this Monday 9th September."
"No contactless payment?!? Couldn’t purchase items that I needed."
"Sadly I have been a B and Q customer for many years and have spent many thousands of pounds there but today really was the last straw. Going there to purchase some wood and other items on a Wednesday in order to get my 10% discount to discover only some gardening and Christmas items now qualify. What a joke I've never received any vouchers of any kind never get any feedback and to be honest although they claim prices have been cut for every customer I've never noticed any benefits at all. My current experience of B and Q very expensive High Street prices with generally staff that are just going about their jobs without having to much time to assist the customer. Yes during the last 2 years I have been going to other places and in these I find a better choice much better prices and staff that go out of their way to help you. I have just purchased a DIY kitchen with all the trimmings sadly Wickes got the order worth over £3000 due to their stocking, customer service and delivery policy. Frankly I have cut my card up because it's taking up valuable space in my wallet"
"I am reluctant to even give 1 star but no other option. B&Q have got to be one of the worst retailers I have ever dealt with. Their customer support is beyond useless and any guarantees they say they offer aren't worth the paper they are written on. I will never set foot in B&Q again, they will never get another penny of mine. In particular if you are looking to buy flooring for your home DO NOT go to B&Q. If you are looking to invest in garden furniture DO NOT go to B&Q. Finally, if you do already have a faulty product don't waste your time speaking to customer services :("
"Had a great experience today in your Paisley store, very helpful staff who were able to tell me exactly where to find the item I was looking for. Was in and out with no hassles so I will be back and have no hesitation in recommending B + Q to friends and family"
"me and my wife went to B&Q Gillingham just to look at a few kitchens, where we met kiran who took over from someone who was looking after us, Kiran was so friendly and professional, she did her best to help with ideas to save us money. She was so friendly with a fantastic sense of humour, we ended up buying the kitchen that evening which wasn't in our plan. we later found out that she was the manager......it didn't surprise us. I would recommend you ask for her when you visit b&q Gillingham ."
"Customer service telephone service is APPALLING, totally ABYSMAL. After sat waiting 45 minutes for someone to answer and then get fobbed off to be told 'Donna will ring you back' and then I just get an email NOT SORTING MY PROBLEM OUT. I feel like never buying via B n Q EVER again. Go to Wicks or other DIY retailers is my advice. DON'T GO NEAR B n Q"
"Once again i visit my local store in Ashton-under-Lyne to pick up an item and its out of stock even though the website said they had them in. So i go to the next nearest store in Oldham and the same thing again. Spent nearly half an hour in both stores just trying to find someone who could help me, but it seems staff are like stock and dont actually exist. This is the last time i visit a B&Q. Inept, uninterested Staff, (if you can find one) Empty shelves with ridiculously overpriced stock or no stock at all. A complete waste of time and money. You used to be able to rely on this company but nowadays they have become a joke. My last 4 visits to this place have all been a waste of time and petrol money. RIP B&Q. This is one Loyal Customer who wont be returning"
"Went in b&q in Leicester to order some tiles I was told to go to paint counter where I was helped by vanessa the tiles couldn't be delivered on the day the tiler was coming so she found some one to pick them up she rang the next day to say they where at the store great customer service from vanessa thank you so much"
"I had very good service at bamber bridge store today needed some flxi 38mm piping to make extraction hose for my chop saw pluming department helped me exactly what I needed saved over £20 could not have bought it anywhere else even on line thanks bq"
B&Q is rated 2.20 based on 1,276 reviews