Bookbyte Reviews

of reviewers recommend Bookbyte
Read Bookbyte Reviews

About Bookbyte:

Since we began as a home-based enterprise in 1999 we have grown steadily, thanks to our customers, yet retained that family-style approach to doing business that we think is the real key to our success. We treat our staff like we would ourselves, and they, in turn, go the extra mile for customers like you.

Our friendly and experienced customer service team is committed to helping you every step of the way. Like replying to your emails or chats courteously and promptly, and making sure that when you reach out to us, we provide you with the answers you're looking for.

Tell us how Bookbyte made you happy
My experience was simple and very easy. I especially liked the fact that the information required was basic name and address. Preprinted mailing labels are nice feature also. Was paid in less than two weeks from mailed date. Great service. Will use again
Bookbyte offered fair prices for the textbooks I was selling and I received a check in the mail about a month later.
The customer service rep answered my question within 24hrs and I received my payment the next day.
I had a great experience using bookbyte. I had nothing to do with my old textbook and I received my check really quick!
I sent a book to Bookbyte for resale that was in good condition. However, Bookbyte said that the book was damaged and gave me no money for it. I feel like I have been scammed.
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I can certainly understand your frustration not receiving the payment you were expecting. When you placed the buyback order, you were given a quote based on the ISBN that was entered. This is not a guarantee you will receive this amount as all books are carefully inspected by our processing team upon arrival. Upon receiving your book titled "Van De Graaffs Photographic Atlas for the Biology Laboratory", our Buyback team found that it contained cover/binding damage which prevents normal use of the book. Since we are unable to resell books that can not be used, the damaged book was rejected from your order. Your Bookbyte account was updated to reflect this rejected status as of 7/6/2021, which is when your item was inspected. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service team directly. Thank you, Bookbyte
Super quick with payment. I used four other websites and sent all orders the same day and I’m still waiting for the other companies and it’s been three weeks already. BookByte was quick an easy to use.
A great way to buy and sell text books. Easy and quick 👍
They bought my books for the price I was quoted, and the process was easy. I wish I had known about this company sooner! Definitely recommend
Great service, prompt payment.
Excellent customer service.
Very easy to do, got my check in the mail pretty quickly. Would use them again!
I mailed my books in to sell without reading any reviews and just purely based on the criteria BookByte has on books it will accept and pay for. Went for it because BookByte offered the best prices by far compared to other buyers online. I did get a little worried when processing went a bit slower than I expected and reading reviews on other people losing their money and books. My fears were unfounded, my selling order was processed and I got the quoted money with no trouble. Send your books if you are sure you’ve maintained them in good condition and it meets the criteria listed on BookByte. And read over their policy about how they won’t return books they won’t accept; maybe have pictures of your books beforehand to present your case just to be on the safe side.
Quoted me $85 for all my books. My books were in very good shape. Some did not have any highlights in them. I received a total of $5-9 back. But later got a check for the full quote! So better.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I certainly understand your frustration not receiving the kind of payment you were expecting. Our records show that over two orders there were a total of 9 textbooks that we paid out at the full quoted amounts. If you have not received any of your check payments, please reach out to our Customer Service team so that we can assist you with getting a replacement check sent out. Thank you, Bookbyte
Process was really easy. Would recommend to anyone who has been holding on to textbooks for too long.
Bookbyte was so easy to work with. So fast, too. I give them two thumbs up! They bought a used book I had and did a terrific job.
Quick and easy. I was emailed a free shipping label right away and within 10 days of receiving my books I had my money for my books. Already recommended to a friend who had books to sell also.
Easy to use. Great resource!
The trandaction was seamless and I look forward to selling them more books!
Excellent service. Takes a while, but be patient & follow the Bookbyte procedures & they will mail you a check for the agreed upon amount. Very happy w/ this. George
Reliable service. So easy to use. Everything was as they described.
Bookbyte is rated 4.89 based on 892 reviews