Broken Bow Adventures Reviews

of reviewers recommend Broken Bow Adventures

About Broken Bow Adventures:

Rent 1-8 Bedrooms Up-scale Luxury State-of-the-art Pet-friendly Wheelchair-accessible Cabins with Creek View or Private Lakes in Broken Bow, Oklahoma from multi-level covered decks near Broken Bow Lake, Beavers Bend State Park, Mountain Fork & Glover Rivers in Ouachita National Forest at South-East Oklahoma in McCurtain County.

It's a perfect place to visit with friends & families anytime of the year for Luxury Log house stay, and for many popular outdoor activities, like canoeing, boating, hiking, bird watching, golfing, scuba diving, hunting, biking, camping, horse & ATV riding, jet skiing, kayaking and fishing.

​The cabins are surrounded by green tall pine trees on a private hilltop just beside our private Lakes at the cabin site. FREE fishing in Private Lakes is bonus to all our guests.

ATTRACTIONS: Onsite Free Fishing, Accommodation of 2 - 30 People from a Couple to Large Family or Corporate Team Gatherings of any size, Ideal for celebrating any occasion any time of the year - Anniversary, Honeymoon, Birthday & Multi-Family Reunion & Weddings. Deluxe signature Hot tub, Pool Table, Fully Stocked Kitchens, Outside Firepit, BBQ Grills, Wet Bars, Fireplaces on the Covered deck, & all Luxury Amenities Inside & Outside.

manager@brokenbowadventures.com

122 Ridgeline Trail

Tell us how Broken Bow Adventures made you happy
I was on a girl’s trip and we stayed at the Hilltop Honey Cove. It is a beautiful cabin. We did have a couple of problems though. The heat didn’t work so we tried to keeping the fireplace going at all times. When we spoke with someone about it, we were told they had been having complaints about the heat and air conditioning. The sink in the upstairs bathroom was stopped up. When the clog finally cleared, the water began raining through into the kitchen. We called to report it. A while later, someone came to check it. She never even went upstairs to check it. We were asked if we wanted a plumber to come out to fix it. I told her no because the last thing I wanted to do on my vacation was to listen to a plumber banging around. I told her we just wouldn’t use that bathroom again. After we checked out, my credit card was charged $300 to replace a broken sink which I am disputing at this time. Also, don’t expect to be able to speak to someone. After leaving several messages, my phone calls were returned by a person who basically refused to let me talk. He interrupted me every time I tried to tell him what was wrong. Extremely rude and unprofessional. We did not break a sink by brushing our teeth. I won’t be using this company again and would warn anyone planning to stay in one of their cabins to take pictures of everything upon arrival and at the time of checking out. Hopefully you won’t be charged for things that needed to be fixed before you arrived.
I was on a girl’s trip. We stayed at the Hilltop Honeycove. It is beautiful. We had just a couple of issues. It is not wheelchair accessible. There is a ramp that leads to the bottom floor - 1 bedroom, pool table, bunk beds. The main floor - 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, kitchen & living area is upstairs. A person in a wheelchair has no way to get upstairs to the main floor. We finally carried her upstairs in our arms which wasn’t easy to do due to the narrow staircase. The upstairs bathroom sink was stopped up. When it finally started letting water out, it sounded like it was raining in the kitchen. They came out to check on it that morning & asked if we wanted it fixed right then. Listening to a plumber banging around on my vacation was the last thing I wanted to do so we just didn’t use the upstairs bathroom again. A few days after we left, $325 was charged to my credit card. They claim we broke the sink which caused the leak. The main floor never got warm. We kept the fireplace on constantly. We were told they had been having trouble with the heat & air. I would take pictures of everything when I arrive and when I leave to prevent being blamed for something you didn’t do.
Great place, very spacious!
The property management company they use is extremely rude. I booked on Expedia and the amount Expedia had as my total was different than the email i got from Broken Bow Adventures. When I called to ask what the difference in price was (over $200) the guy told me that he didn't know and that he didn't care what Expedia charged I needed to pay him the increased price. Yet, still couldn't tell me why the difference and was SO extremely rude. I just hung up on him to call Expedia back, which I had talked to originally and they tried to get in touch with them and couldn't. It turns out that the extra charge was for a deposit, which was fine, but that was not Anywhere on the Expedia site when I made the reservation and all the guy and the property had to do is tell me what it was for. The property manager “Kevin” who is spoke about in so many bad reviews sent me over 10 rude emails within 30 min and I had already paid!! He finally stopped when I told him that if he sent me another email, he’d be hearing from my lawyer. The next email I got, he asked me to cancel my reservation as the owners didn’t feel comfortable hosting me. I was so relieved, after reading all the bad reviews, mainly about him (there’s a lot), I knew it would have ended up being a disaster. He was even rude to the lady at Expedia. Luckily, we got a refund and found a much nicer cabin with great people to work with. This guy should not have a job working with people, period!
Be very careful about renting from this company, they will not return my $250 deposit. I left the rental an great condition and they will not return my phone calls. The only time they would respond is to my first inquiry on the status of my return deposit and told me they would return quicker if I would leave a good review. Now they ignore my calls and emails.
Cabin was beautiful, we definitely enjoyed our stay , there are however a couple of things that could have been improved. First of all the coffee pot , I was grateful to have one but a coffeemaker that makes 2 cups of coffee for a 4 bedroom cabin was a little inconvenient, my husband and I had to make another pot immediately after our first cup. Also , the only knives we found were 2 small steak knives , would have been nice to have a larger knife for food preparation. Also not sure if from previous guest or the wild cats outside but we did find a few fleas.
Absolutely an amazing cabin! Our family of 3 stayed at hilltop castle. It is one of the nicest cabins we have stayed in. The views were beautiful!! Had everything we needed. The manager was very nice and helpful and called me back to answer all my questions. Very peaceful area. Loved sitting at the many decks enjoying the view. You wont regret staying in this one. All of the other cabins looked amazing too.
Beautiful cabins. This is definitely a must do for you and your family!
We only stayed 2 nights. Buyer beware! They mix in photos from the biggest cabin with the Lovers Den photos. The cabin is nice but not 400.00+ nice. The cabin needs a good scrubbing out on the patio and table. The hot tub smelled like mildew. I don’t think they put in chlorine in it. They will dollar you to death. 75.00 an hour if you are early or after check out. The dog fees are ok for a small dog but pricey for a larger dog. The seating is not that comfortable outside at lovers den. I wish we would have known. The cabins around the area are beautiful.
SCAMMED - CHARGED $81.94 - CLEANING CREW INVITED US IN 30 MIN. BEFORE CHECK-IN.     SUMMARY: We're from out of town & arrived 30 min. early (around 3:30.)  We decided to tour the neighborhood & get a look at which cabin was ours.  Cleaning ladies were leaving our cabin & told us, "It's ready.  You guys can come on in."  They left, & we unloaded our suitcases.  If they'd said, "It's ready.  You guys can come on in, but not waiting 30 more minutes will cost you $81.94," we'd have stayed in our car.   We're still dealing with this 10 weeks later. A man representing management told us this morning:  You were not supposed to enter until 4:00.  It's in the agreement. The cleaning ladies only work for us.  You should have known not to enter for 30 more minutes even if they did invite you inside.   1.  We left our cabin very clean (we always do.)   Management made it clear from the beginning that if we left a glowing review online it would "EXPEDITE" our refund.  This was not true.  We left a good review of the cabin, but it still took TWO MONTHS after check-out to receive any of our refund.  At that point, we saw it was only a PARTIAL refund and learned we had been CHARGED for an early check-in we didn't ask for.   2.  So, we contacted management expecting help & understanding.  We explained we'd been INVITED inside by the cleaning crew who was leaving at 3:30.  The man representing management said he'd check CAMERA FOOTAGE.  Evidently, he was just blowing us off because for the past 2 weeks he hasn't called us back or answered any of our calls. 3. Today we finally used a different phone number to call & he picked up right away.  When the man realized we wanted to follow up about the camera footage & our refund, he made it clear that he had watched the footage & that what we had explained was true & that was keeping our $81.94 anyway.    4.  Here's the kicker...  We told him that our extended family rents enormous properties every summer for a reunion & that we had considered renting his very large, very expensive property across the street from our cabin for several days later this summer.  We explained that, because of such awful customer service & because they'd unfairly taken our money, we would not be seeking to rent his larger property.  HE IMMEDIATELY SAID, "If you'll book that, I'll refund your money!"  Seriously?  So you can cheat even MORE money from our family?  No, thank you.
Cabin was amazing and very clean! Nice getaway from Dallas and the quarantine restrictions. Our deck looked out over the trees so a nice place to have dinner or a drink. My family enjoyed the hot tub!
This cabin was absolutely beautiful! It was fully equipped with everything we needed. My family is already planning our next trip.
The property manager is so rude. He hung up on me on my latest call. I initially had frustration because we booked through VRBO and the listing was not very clear about the dog fees until after I booked so I was surprised to have to pay an extra $150 for my dog. The address they sent me of my cabin was the wrong one, and when I called to figure out what was wrong the manager was incredibly rude about it. Now they are withholding my deposit for up to 3 weeks unless I leave them a 5-star review to expedite it. The cabin is nice, but I honestly don't think it's worth it to deal with this horrible management.
Highly recommend these cabins. We stayed at the Wilderness Edge, it was very roomy for our family of 7 and had a outdoor living area, hot tub, and firepit that we used every night. Perfect for the times we are going through right now on social distancing. We all had plenty of room to roam and activities to do around the cabin. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful! Will definitely be back!
The house is nice and clean. The fact that each of the bedrooms has its own bathroom is very convenient. We were disappointed in the pool table. It is not a full sized pool table or even a bar size table. It is very small and wobbly. Additionally it is so close to the walls that you can only shoot from the ends. Also disappointed in the kitchen table. It is built into the wall which means that it cannot be moved out to use 4 sides. Therefore, games such as cards, dominoes, etc are prohibited. The mattress in the king sized room is very hard. So, if you prefer an extremely firm mattress, you'll be comfortable.
It was a lovely stay! The cabin accommodate my family well! Will come back!
Awesome accommodation, we have stayed at three different cabins and all were great.
The Hilltop Anand-Ville was everything and more than we expected it was equipped with all the bells and whistles. I can not wait to return to this cabin for a family trip. The 8 bedrooms were perfect for all my couples that went on the trip. I will most definitely recommend everyone to book with Broken Bow Adventures!
I really loved staying here with my family. Very relaxing and beautiful. We had a blast I didnt realize how peaceful it would be away from town.
Entire Place Is Amazing Id Definitely Book Again