Broken Bow Adventures Reviews

of reviewers recommend Broken Bow Adventures

About Broken Bow Adventures:

Rent 1-8 Bedrooms Up-scale Luxury State-of-the-art Pet-friendly Wheelchair-accessible Cabins with Creek View or Private Lakes in Broken Bow, Oklahoma from multi-level covered decks near Broken Bow Lake, Beavers Bend State Park, Mountain Fork & Glover Rivers in Ouachita National Forest at South-East Oklahoma in McCurtain County.

It's a perfect place to visit with friends & families anytime of the year for Luxury Log house stay, and for many popular outdoor activities, like canoeing, boating, hiking, bird watching, golfing, scuba diving, hunting, biking, camping, horse & ATV riding, jet skiing, kayaking and fishing.

​The cabins are surrounded by green tall pine trees on a private hilltop just beside our private Lakes at the cabin site. FREE fishing in Private Lakes is bonus to all our guests.

ATTRACTIONS: Onsite Free Fishing, Accommodation of 2 - 30 People from a Couple to Large Family or Corporate Team Gatherings of any size, Ideal for celebrating any occasion any time of the year - Anniversary, Honeymoon, Birthday & Multi-Family Reunion & Weddings. Deluxe signature Hot tub, Pool Table, Fully Stocked Kitchens, Outside Firepit, BBQ Grills, Wet Bars, Fireplaces on the Covered deck, & all Luxury Amenities Inside & Outside.

manager@brokenbowadventures.com

122 Ridgeline Trail

Tell us how Broken Bow Adventures made you happy
Bathrooms were EXTREMELY dirty. Mold in every bathroom. (took photos) Two beds had dirt or something all in the beds. The water in the hot tub smelt like toilet water that hasn’t been cleaned in months. Do NOT recommend staying at this house to anyone.

My 7 year old got sick the day after we left and she says she accidentally swallowed some of the hot tub water and by the way the water looked and smelt I can only assume that’s what made her sick.

I have photos to confirm review.
Leaving a 1 star review is solely due to the extremely poor manager of the property. From the beginning, he was combative, not helpful at all and outright rude. The house was beautiful and perfect for our trip and we had a very good time but all that said, we would never stay with Broken Bow Adventures again because of the “Cabin Manager.” Secondly to his rude nature, the hot tube was broken in which he spent our entire trip blaming it on us saying we didn’t turn it on right when he’s talking to people that have owned a hot tube for years. Once again, the house was clean, beautiful, perfect location, etc but not worth it. Find somewhere else where the property manager is polite and at least acts like he cares about your business and your happiness during your stay.
The property management company they use is extremely rude. I booked on Expedia and the amount Expedia had as my total was different than the email i got from Broken Bow Adventures. When I called to ask what the difference in price was (over $200) the guy told me that he didn't know and that he didn't care what Expedia charged I needed to pay him the increased price. Yet, still couldn't tell me why the difference and was SO extremely rude. I just hung up on him to call Expedia back, which I had talked to originally and they tried to get in touch with them and couldn't. It turns out that the extra charge was for a deposit, which was fine, but that was not Anywhere on the Expedia site when I made the reservation and all the guy and the property had to do is tell me what it was for. The property manager “Kevin” who is spoke about in so many bad reviews sent me over 10 rude emails within 30 min and I had already paid!! He finally stopped when I told him that if he sent me another email, he’d be hearing from my lawyer. The next email I got, he asked me to cancel my reservation as the owners didn’t feel comfortable hosting me. I was so relieved, after reading all the bad reviews, mainly about him (there’s a lot), I knew it would have ended up being a disaster. He was even rude to the lady at Expedia. Luckily, we got a refund and found a much nicer cabin with great people to work with. This guy should not have a job working with people, period!
Be very careful about renting from this company, they will not return my $250 deposit. I left the rental an great condition and they will not return my phone calls. The only time they would respond is to my first inquiry on the status of my return deposit and told me they would return quicker if I would leave a good review. Now they ignore my calls and emails.
SCAMMED - CHARGED $81.94 - CLEANING CREW INVITED US IN 30 MIN. BEFORE CHECK-IN.

SUMMARY:
We're from out of town & arrived 30 min. early (around 3:30.)  We decided to tour the neighborhood & get a look at which cabin was ours.  Cleaning ladies were leaving our cabin & told us, "It's ready.  You guys can come on in."  They left, & we unloaded our suitcases.  If they'd said, "It's ready.  You guys can come on in, but not waiting 30 more minutes will cost you $81.94," we'd have stayed in our car.

We're still dealing with this 10 weeks later. A man representing management told us this morning:  You were not supposed to enter until 4:00.  It's in the agreement. The cleaning ladies only work for us.  You should have known not to enter for 30 more minutes even if they did invite you inside.

1.  We left our cabin very clean (we always do.)
Management made it clear from the beginning that if we left a glowing review online it would "EXPEDITE" our refund.  This was not true.  We left a good review of the cabin, but it still took TWO MONTHS after check-out to receive any of our refund.  At that point, we saw it was only a PARTIAL refund and learned we had been CHARGED for an early check-in we didn't ask for.

2.  So, we contacted management expecting help & understanding.  We explained we'd been INVITED inside by the cleaning crew who was leaving at 3:30.  The man representing management said he'd check CAMERA FOOTAGE.  Evidently, he was just blowing us off because for the past 2 weeks he hasn't called us back or answered any of our calls.

3. Today we finally used a different phone number to call & he picked up right away.  When the man realized we wanted to follow up about the camera footage & our refund, he made it clear that
he had watched the footage & that what we had explained was true & that was keeping our $81.94 anyway.

4.  Here's the kicker...  We told him that our extended family rents enormous properties every summer for a reunion & that we had considered renting his very large, very expensive property across the street from our cabin for several days later this summer.  We explained that, because of such awful customer service & because they'd unfairly taken our money, we would not be seeking to rent his larger property.  HE IMMEDIATELY SAID, "If you'll book that, I'll refund your money!"  Seriously?  So you can cheat even MORE money from our family?  No, thank you.
The property manager is so rude. He hung up on me on my latest call. I initially had frustration because we booked through VRBO and the listing was not very clear about the dog fees until after I booked so I was surprised to have to pay an extra $150 for my dog. The address they sent me of my cabin was the wrong one, and when I called to figure out what was wrong the manager was incredibly rude about it. Now they are withholding my deposit for up to 3 weeks unless I leave them a 5-star review to expedite it. The cabin is nice, but I honestly don't think it's worth it to deal with this horrible management.
The manager was rude, we left the house spotless has not returned our deposit.
False advertising on the VRBO site. Was not the cabin pictures and the one we thought we were getting. 24 hr surveillance is creepy and unnerving when you want to get away and hang out in the woods.
Will NEVER rent from them again, nor refer them. I’ve already sent my friends to another Cabin rental agency.
All Future Guests,
Please note that the above feedback is absolutely false in nature. We understand, we had to charge these guests the undeclared dog fees, and they are still upset. They had brought 3 dogs to the property, but had declared & paid for only one. So, per our guest policy, which was well informed to them, we had to charge for other 2 undeclared dogs found in the property.

1) We never declined to refund their security deposit, rather we had communicated a few times, that the refund of security deposit may take up to 20 working days after check-out, as mentioned in our website, guest policy & booking confirmation email.

2) We verified with VRBO, and VRBO confirmed that there was no false advertising. BTW, our owners’ booking website is Broken Bow Adventures, and we have nothing to do with VRBO or any other online travel agencies that the guests use to book from. If anyone has any issues with their bookings through online travel agency, we suggest to contact their online travel agencies directly.

3) Our Cabins are in the woods where the Ouachita National Forest Range starts. For the safety & security of our guests, we do have outside surveillance with ample disclosures by signs , at the entrances of the cabins to avoid any untoward incidents.

If anyone has any question about this feedback or need to know more, may contact us anytime.

On behalf of Owners :
Cabin Manager
Broken Bow Adventures Luxury Cabins
580-380-5547
Customer service was terrible and went back and fourth in email with the cabin manger.
Deposit wa withheld for false reasoning charges $300 for a damaged comforter was told we ruined pots and pans an left trash out. Which was not true every year we vacation and have never had n issue with damages.
Broken Bow Adventures is rated 4.56 based on 189 reviews