Calumet Photographic Reviews

sales@calphoto.co.uk

Bradbourne Drive

Category:
Business & Office

How would you rate Calumet Photographic?

(optional)
We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

Kevin S
"There is only one problem there ain't one in Sheffield."
Verified Buyer
"Ooh very exciting to get the paper, I used to use cloth but it's changed my photographs and made them look amazing! Super happy! ????"
"Camera-D810 not in stock at the time. A wait of one week. Not enough batteries in stock. No variable neutral density filters in stock. Not one penny discount for a repeat customer spending over £3000.00 pounds."
"Owen was a very helpful and informative sales assistant. He helped me select the best camera for my needs and didn't mind explaining everything in great detail as I'm new to photography."
"I wasn't sure which tripod to get. I was torn between a couple. The lady that served me Carlie-Ann Hare was so helpful and knowledgeable, I came out of the shop smiling and very pleased with my tripod. I would recommend the Birmingham branch."
"Good price and quick delivery"
Jonathan P
Verified Buyer
"Had the privilege of being served by Donna, McKenzie and Jason as it was a quiet day in the store. I came in looking for some background paper to do an impromptu make shift photoshoot of some products but greatly was received and given advice on how to go about it. Ended up hiring the studio for a day and a brilliant Fuji camera. Came away with some very nice product shots that I could never have done alone and was truly blown away by the help, friendliness and support of all 3 members of staff. Extremely impressed by my experience and would definitely be hiring and recommending the studio space and camera rentals."
"Quick response, Profoto cell arrived and worked as expected (ie brilliant!), my old Acute B Profoto pack is back to normal!"
"1) it's staffed by people who care about photography and know what they are talking about. 2) it looks and feels like a professional photographic outlet. 3) I had occasion to cancel an order and my request was handled in a timely and professional manner. 4) I can't think of any reason not to buy my equipment from Calumet."
"Item I was after available at reasonable price."
"Calumet had the Lowepro bag I was looking for at a very good price and it was delivered to me promptly."
Mr Dermot R
Verified Buyer
"How do write a review in 10 characters. That's ridiculous"
Christine H
Verified Buyer
"Poor customer service not returning calls.. misinformation..poor service until I asked to speak with manager.. probably worst customer experience ever"
"The staff were able to resolve a problem I had with equipment I had purchased on line. I was impressed with the detailed knowledge of the cameras and equipment they had at their fingertips. They also demonstrated the equipment and mede sure it was fully compatible with mu cameras and showers me some of the useful settings to use with this equipment."
"Great service, nice people, prompt delivery! Enough said I think."
"I ordered an item from you, paying for expedited delivery, and when the order was received there was only a fastener in the box, no wrist strap as I had ordered. There was no mention of this on any paperwork that I had from you. The order was consequently cancelled and refunded only for the item in question to appear on your website at a much higher price than I had paid originally so I had to re order, pay for delivery again and pay a higher price for the same item"
"Knowledgeable friendly staff."
"I am a senior former professional LBIPP photographer now age 72 and have used a Hasseblad during my photographic and public relations career. I bought a cheap Canon PowersShot SX280 HS thinking I could learn to use it. However I cannot use it because I needed to put a pair of glasses on to read or change the tiny function settings. I am now retired in a new home and my intention at Calumet was to buy a quality digital camera and I expected I would have to take lessons to use it. I must confess that it is some 7 years since I used my photography professionally, but I intended to buy a decent camera. So I made an appointment at Calumet in Manchester who I hoped would not sell me what they wanted to sell, but sell me what I needed to buy... an easy-to-use quality digital camera. I have been out of photographic development for some years. So I picked on Calumet... who are at the same place in Manchester as they have been for a very long time. I knew that they would have the knowledge I required to resolve my problems and made an appointment with Jack at 10.30am on 17th Aug. When I walked in I think he was busy with someone else and spoke to a young lady at a desk (who seemed to have some seniority and who asked if I needed help. I explained my predicament to her and she recommended a Fujifilm camera!! Although I have always used Fuji Colour Film all my professional years... and had bought a Cannon PowerShot SX280 HS which was so small I could not change the functions without taking out a magnifying glass! it was a surprise to be told that Fujifilm digital cameras had been available for quite a few years and were in fact very good digital cameras. I explained that I needed something lightweight and she suggested the Fujifilm X-Pro2 would indeed fit the bill. All this time I was thinking that I would have to take lessons to learn how to use a digital...camera and hey presto... I can see to use this one you and am equipped to use it without lessons!! When Jack had finished with his customer and he came over to say hello... he had remembered me from years back! Meantime, I trusted the young lady (probably in her late 20s and acted like a manager) about Fujifilm and bought an X-Pro2. I came to Calumet because I trusted you (from my dealings years ago) to tell me the truth about what I needed. I am now delighted with my choice which has been confirmed to be an excellent choice for me. Many thanks Calumet... I am a former public relations and marketing consultant as well as a former LBIPP. The senior photographic lecturer at Sir John Deanes College, Northwich, Cheshire - Ian Turpin - confirmed that I would not need lessons to use this since its all beautifully manual! Congratulations your staff who are excellent, enthusiastic, polite and knowledgeable. As a former PR why don't you suggest some promotional work with Sir John Deane's College in Northwich, Cheshire which provides a multitude of high quality courses for South Manchester young and mature students."
"Very efficient service when cleaning my camera sensor"
"Good knowledgeable counter service"
"Calumet consistently offers amazing customer service. I love coming into Calumet and discussing photography - I always receive expert advice. Best camera shop in the world in my opinion."
"I have always found Calumet Glasgow to have very helpful and product savvy staff which adds to the experience of purchasing equipment that is required and not unneccessary items that are sold to you just to up the profit. The only downside to my latest purchase is the time taken for delivery, if I was told it was going to take longer than expected that would be fine and understandable, so Milton Keynes, not the Glasgow store, needs to be more forthcoming with delivery schedule updates."
"Friendly service, great prices, great product selection"
Calumet Photographic is rated 4.58 based on 6,789 reviews