Calumet Photographic Reviews

sales@calphoto.co.uk

Bradbourne Drive

Category:
Business & Office

How would you rate Calumet Photographic ?

Wail Tarabzouni
Wail Tarabzouni
Verified Buyer
"Amazing service; helpful staff; availability of extensive brands for rent, and had the specific items I wanted (Profoto B1 along with the beauty dish & grid)"
Jade Smith
Jade Smith
Verified Buyer
"The service I received from ‘George’ at the Manchester outlet was what I describe as a ‘proper’ service. He ignored the phone when it rang indicating that as the customer in front of him I was the most important at that moment. I experienced, not only a monetary exchange, but was also involved in a shared education about photography. George educated me about the kit I have and what I need to look for to adjust its functioning to get the best from it. When I asked a question he could not answer he asked for assistance from a colleague. He immediately followed up the name of a cycling photographer I suggested that he had not heard of. He updated to the capitalist era the George Bernard Shaw maxim ‘Those who can do, those who can’t teach’ to ‘Those who can do, those who can’t sell’ – brilliant! I came home with a piece of kit that has markedly improved my images. I travelled for about forty five minutes to reach the shop. With no knowledge of the area George also provided me with local knowledge which was much appreciated. George indicated that on my next visit I can bring my dog into the shop, something which is important to me! I chose to shop at Calumet on the recommendation of a middle aged female photographer who lives locally to me. The name 'Calumet' had been dropped into conversation on more than one occasion so I thought I would take the hint. Having made the trip I can see why she is so keen to promote the service. As a middle aged woman myself I am very familiar with some men, who treat me as though I cannot possibly have any knowledge about my kit or how to take photographs, I very appreciated the dignity and respect with which I was treated. On the back of this experience I have booked a place on a day course in July!"
John Morrissey
John Morrissey
Verified Buyer
"Called and ended Cd cards quickly and the assistant sorted everything quickly and efficiently. Day before I'd been in with Danny, looking for some film tools that's don't actually exist. He helped me find something suitable and quickly had be on my way and I was very happy with his knowledge and empathy of what I needed to achieve"
Farrah Ali
Verified Buyer
"Excellent price, great product (Canon 100D) and speedy delivery."
Samantha Jones
Unverified Reviewer
"Owen was a very helpful and informative sales assistant. He helped me select the best camera for my needs and didn't mind explaining everything in great detail as I'm new to photography."
"I wasn't sure which tripod to get. I was torn between a couple. The lady that served me Carlie-Ann Hare was so helpful and knowledgeable, I came out of the shop smiling and very pleased with my tripod. I would recommend the Birmingham branch."
Patrick Ohlenschlager
Verified Buyer
"Good price and quick delivery"
Jonathan Pang
Verified Buyer
"Had the privilege of being served by Donna, McKenzie and Jason as it was a quiet day in the store. I came in looking for some background paper to do an impromptu make shift photoshoot of some products but greatly was received and given advice on how to go about it. Ended up hiring the studio for a day and a brilliant Fuji camera. Came away with some very nice product shots that I could never have done alone and was truly blown away by the help, friendliness and support of all 3 members of staff. Extremely impressed by my experience and would definitely be hiring and recommending the studio space and camera rentals."
"Quick response, Profoto cell arrived and worked as expected (ie brilliant!), my old Acute B Profoto pack is back to normal!"
John Michael Thomson
Verified Buyer
"1) it's staffed by people who care about photography and know what they are talking about. 2) it looks and feels like a professional photographic outlet. 3) I had occasion to cancel an order and my request was handled in a timely and professional manner. 4) I can't think of any reason not to buy my equipment from Calumet."
"Item I was after available at reasonable price."
Peter Ross
Verified Buyer
"Calumet had the Lowepro bag I was looking for at a very good price and it was delivered to me promptly."
Mr Dermot Reilly
Verified Buyer
"How do write a review in 10 characters. That's ridiculous"
Christine Hay
Verified Buyer
"Poor customer service not returning calls.. misinformation..poor service until I asked to speak with manager.. probably worst customer experience ever"
Steve Atkinson
Verified Buyer
"The staff were able to resolve a problem I had with equipment I had purchased on line. I was impressed with the detailed knowledge of the cameras and equipment they had at their fingertips. They also demonstrated the equipment and mede sure it was fully compatible with mu cameras and showers me some of the useful settings to use with this equipment."
David Dixon
Verified Buyer
"Great service, nice people, prompt delivery! Enough said I think."
Jackie Matthews
Verified Buyer
"I ordered an item from you, paying for expedited delivery, and when the order was received there was only a fastener in the box, no wrist strap as I had ordered. There was no mention of this on any paperwork that I had from you. The order was consequently cancelled and refunded only for the item in question to appear on your website at a much higher price than I had paid originally so I had to re order, pay for delivery again and pay a higher price for the same item"
James Russell
"Knowledgeable friendly staff."
Pat Masters
Verified Buyer
"I am a senior former professional LBIPP photographer now age 72 and have used a Hasseblad during my photographic and public relations career. I bought a cheap Canon PowersShot SX280 HS thinking I could learn to use it. However I cannot use it because I needed to put a pair of glasses on to read or change the tiny function settings. I am now retired in a new home and my intention at Calumet was to buy a quality digital camera and I expected I would have to take lessons to use it. I must confess that it is some 7 years since I used my photography professionally, but I intended to buy a decent camera. So I made an appointment at Calumet in Manchester who I hoped would not sell me what they wanted to sell, but sell me what I needed to buy... an easy-to-use quality digital camera. I have been out of photographic development for some years. So I picked on Calumet... who are at the same place in Manchester as they have been for a very long time. I knew that they would have the knowledge I required to resolve my problems and made an appointment with Jack at 10.30am on 17th Aug. When I walked in I think he was busy with someone else and spoke to a young lady at a desk (who seemed to have some seniority and who asked if I needed help. I explained my predicament to her and she recommended a Fujifilm camera!! Although I have always used Fuji Colour Film all my professional years... and had bought a Cannon PowerShot SX280 HS which was so small I could not change the functions without taking out a magnifying glass! it was a surprise to be told that Fujifilm digital cameras had been available for quite a few years and were in fact very good digital cameras. I explained that I needed something lightweight and she suggested the Fujifilm X-Pro2 would indeed fit the bill. All this time I was thinking that I would have to take lessons to learn how to use a digital...camera and hey presto... I can see to use this one you and am equipped to use it without lessons!! When Jack had finished with his customer and he came over to say hello... he had remembered me from years back! Meantime, I trusted the young lady (probably in her late 20s and acted like a manager) about Fujifilm and bought an X-Pro2. I came to Calumet because I trusted you (from my dealings years ago) to tell me the truth about what I needed. I am now delighted with my choice which has been confirmed to be an excellent choice for me. Many thanks Calumet... I am a former public relations and marketing consultant as well as a former LBIPP. The senior photographic lecturer at Sir John Deanes College, Northwich, Cheshire - Ian Turpin - confirmed that I would not need lessons to use this since its all beautifully manual! Congratulations your staff who are excellent, enthusiastic, polite and knowledgeable. As a former PR why don't you suggest some promotional work with Sir John Deane's College in Northwich, Cheshire which provides a multitude of high quality courses for South Manchester young and mature students."
Andrew Burtles
Verified Buyer
"Very efficient service when cleaning my camera sensor"
Tim Anderson Photo
Verified Buyer
"Good knowledgeable counter service"
Aslam Husain
Verified Buyer
"Calumet consistently offers amazing customer service. I love coming into Calumet and discussing photography - I always receive expert advice. Best camera shop in the world in my opinion."
Gordon Newlands
Verified Buyer
"I have always found Calumet Glasgow to have very helpful and product savvy staff which adds to the experience of purchasing equipment that is required and not unneccessary items that are sold to you just to up the profit. The only downside to my latest purchase is the time taken for delivery, if I was told it was going to take longer than expected that would be fine and understandable, so Milton Keynes, not the Glasgow store, needs to be more forthcoming with delivery schedule updates."
Calumet Photographic is rated 4.58 based on 6,790 reviews